How To Make Banana Shake With A Blender
How To Make A Banana Milkshake
Published: by · This post may contain affiliate links
How to make a banana milkshake that is smooth, creamy, and sweet. It contains just 3 simple ingredients as a base but has tons of flavor variations . This banana milkshake recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and can be made dairy-free!
Ive made no secret of the fact that I love a delicious creamy drink any time of the year. Whether its Mexican horchata , a coconut vanilla bean creme Frappuccino, Vietnamese avocado shake, or even ayran/doogh theres an option for every mood and occasion. Luckily, a banana milkshake can be enjoyed any time of the year, and this is the ultimate recipe for all your banana shake desires!
Learning how to make a banana milkshake should honestly be on any banana-lovers to-do list. Although weve already had a year of banana bread obsession, make space for this super simple, delicious homemade banana milkshake! Its wonderfully smooth, creamy, and a natural people-pleaser.
Also, unlike commercial milkshake powders , all you need is three simple, all-natural ingredients, a blender, and about three minutes to whip up the ultimate simple healthy banana shake.
Notes And Tips To Make A Good Milkshake
- Freezing fruits like banana before making the milkshake will result in a creamier milkshake. This step is totally optional but it helps with the consistency.
- If you would like to make a healthy banana milkshake, substitute vanilla ice cream with vanilla frozen yogurt or simply leave it out and use frozen bananas.
- As mentioned in our vanilla milkshake recipe, put the glasses in the freezer for a few minutes and then divide the milkshake between them. Super cold glasses keep the milkshake creamy for longer.
- Serve this creamy milkshake immediately as it will lose it’s texture if it sits for long.
- Try to use ripe bananas that haven’t changed color yet.
- How To Make A Milkshake
- Ultimate Nutella Milkshake
- Best Ever Coffee Milkshake
- Ultimate Caramel Milkshake
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star rating below. You can also follow us on , , or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Don’t Miss: Seating Chart For Smoothie King Arena
Get Ready For The Ultimate Delight
If youre struggling to lose weight, ice cream is off the list. However, Im not a big fan of eliminating foods you like from your menu.
But I do know that moderation is the key. So this is what I came up with: a smoothie you can make with ice cream.
The secret to this delightful recipe is more of the healthy stuff and less of the rest.
Therefore, I include a lot of strawberries and bananas in this recipe. And only a few small scoops of ice cream.
I dont recommend this smoothie as an everyday thing. But, as a celebratory reward, its perfect. And there are so many benefits to it that it is totally worth trying.
How To Make The Best Banana Smoothie
My basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest banana smoothie, use frozen banana slices. Ive shared how I freeze bananas for smoothies below.
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Plain or Greek yogurt I dont always add yogurt to my smoothies, but when I do have it in the fridge, adding a spoonful ensures a protein-packed and creamy smoothie. For a smoothie without yogurt, add a little extra fruit or include veggies like spinach or kale.
Water or milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding a splash of liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess add milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
We have more easy smoothie recipes! Try our 5-minute strawberry smoothie or this easy blueberry smoothie.
Don’t Miss: Best Protein Smoothie From Smoothie King
Can I Double This Recipe
If using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, go for it. To change the recipe yield, hover over the serving size in the recipe card below or click if youre on mobile, and slide the slider.
If your blender sometimes has trouble processing frozen fruit or ice, you might want to make your shakes in two batches.
Ingredients In This Banana Smoothie:
- Banana I always keep frozen bananas in my freezer for just this occasion. AND frozen is definitely best in this recipe is it results in a much creamier smoothie! If all else fails though, an unfrozen banana will still totally work. You cna throw a few ice cubes in to give it a cold and creamy texture.
- Milk Ive been on a big oat milk kick lately but really any kind works here. You could also swap the milk for water if desired.
- Yogurt I like to use a plain, unflavored and unsweetened dairy-free yogurt but again, really anything works well here. You could even use a flavored yogurt as desired.
- Peanut Butter MOST often, I use a simple runny peanut butter when making this banana smoothie. However, you could also leave out the natural peanut butter and instead use peanut butter powder. Itll still have the delicious peanut butter taste but with less fat and calories ).
Also Check: Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonald’s Price
Best Ever Banana Milkshake Recipe
July 3, 2021 by Kelly
Thick and creamy Homemade Banana Milkshake recipe thats bursting with fresh banana flavor. Super easy to make with only 3 ingredients. Can be be made with or without ice cream. Includes a lush, indulgent version, a healthy version, and 13 flavor variations its absolutely irresistible!
Creamy Honey Banana Smoothie
Quick and Easy honey banana smoothie sweetened naturally to make and taste just like a milkshake but without cream or ice cream!
Creamy Honey Banana Smoothie. Quick and Easy to make and taste just like a milkshake but without cream or ice cream! Who loves smoothies? Here’s a great easy recipe for a creamy honey and banana smoothie which you can make in no time at all.
Its simplicity means that it is no effort to make, and what I have managed to do is get a ‘milkshake’ creaminess, but without using cream or ice cream. This creamy honey and banana smoothie recipe is flexible so you can make it as thick or thin a consistency as you wish.
I have made it so you can use a straw .
Read Also: Smoothie King Merchandise
Banana Ice Cream Shake
Thick and creamy you can also use chocolate or strawberry ice cream if you prefer.
Provided by Michelle
|1 banana, peeled and chopped|
|2 scoops vanilla ice cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- In a blender, combine banana, ice cream, milk, egg white and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 9.5 mg, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 61.5 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
Can I Make A No
If you want to make a non-fruit milkshake without ice cream, go make my Frozen Hot Chocolate. Even though its called frozen hot chocolate, if I were going to make a non-ice-cream-based chocolate shake, this is exactly how I would do it, with sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and a lot of ice.
Or run to the store, get a pint of ice cream and make my Best Chocolate Milkshake .
You May Like: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
How To Make A Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Buzzing up this chocolatey treat is quick and easy, and youll be utterly famous with your kids when you make it. Here are a few tips for making it just right:
- Freeze your bananas ahead of time. The next time theres a bunch of brown bananas staring you down on your counter, go ahead and peel a few, break them in half, seal them in a zip-top bag, and freeze.
- Choose a natural, unsweetened cocoa powder. We like this brand.
- Adjust your sweetener. If you want to go totally free of added sugars in this smoothie, you can leave the honey out entirely. Really. Its still way sweet!
- Blend it well. Frozen bananas have a tendency to escape the blades in even high-powered blenders. Let yours run for an extra 20 seconds or so, so the smoothie is ultra smooth.
- Serve it right away. This smoothie shines when its frosty cold and well-blended. Enjoy it straight away after making it for the best taste and texture. If you do have leftover smoothie, itll keep in the fridge, but may separate after a few hours. A quick stir with a straw will restore a more even consistency.
- Top it with whipped cream. This is totally optional, but oh so fun.
Banana Milkshake Without Ice Cream
02/22/21 | Desserts, Frozen, Healthy, Recipe for One, Recipes
You can make a fantastic sweet and creamy banana milkshake without ice cream. All you need is a blender, a ripe banana, and a handful of pantry staples.
I love a good milkshake, and a couple years ago I started uploading a bunch of milkshake recipes to the site .
Since then, I have gotten a TON of requests for a milkshake without ice cream, and today that day has finally come. Lets make a banana milkshake without ice cream.
You May Like: 10 Day Smoothie Detox
Are Blueberry Banana Smoothies Healthy
Yes, and ours is full of antioxidants. It also contains potassium from bananas.
In one experiment, blueberry anthocyanins reversed the oxidation effects in the eye tissue of animals. It suggests that later studies on humans may show similarly positive results.
Blueberries are also among the best sources of polyphenols that help the body to fight disease. Research suggests that a consistent intake of blueberry may alleviate neurodegeneration.
Loss of neuron function can lead to Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease. So its good to take whatever preventative measures you can.
It has also been proposed that frozen blueberries can improve balance in older people, but this research is not conclusive.
Bananas, in this smoothie, offer digestive, cardiovascular, and weight supporting benefits. One medium banana contributes almost 10% of the DV for potassium.
Potassium is an essential mineral and electrolyte. Studies show that increasing dietary potassium lowers blood pressure and helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The Western diet consists of low potassium and high sodium intake, which can lead to high blood pressure. Increasing dietary potassium can counteract this effect by flushing out excess sodium in the body.
So its good maybe necessary, to incorporate foods like bananas to compensate for sodium that we unconsciously exceed in allowance.
Ingredients For Banana Milkshake
This easy, homemade Banana Milkshake recipe has only 3 ingredients:
- Bananas use ripe, speckled bananas, fresh or frozen, for the most flavor. I use fresh bananas. For an extra thick milkshake you can use frozen banana slices.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Milk the higher the fat percentage of your milk, the creamier your milkshake will be. I use whole milk.
Read Also: Cup Sizes At Smoothie King
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
First, add your milk of choice to the bottom of a high speed blender.
You will need a high powered blender to make this recipe, as it is quite thick and a normal blender would most likely not be able to handle it.
Adding the milk first to the blender will help it blend easier.
You need a higher powered blender if you want that super thick texture.
Add your frozen strawberries and bananas over the milk, and blend it all up!
This smoothie is super thick, so you might need to stop blending and use a spoon to mix it all around.
Be patient, it will blend!
I gladly take a few extra minutes to help the smoothie blend instead of adding more milk.
As far as smoothies go, the thicker the better in my opinion!
Creamy Banana Avocado Smoothie Recipe
Published: by · This post may contain affiliate links
This banana avocado smoothie is rich, creamy, and thick enough to serve as an avocado smoothie bowl or in a glass a healthy, nutrient, and antioxidant-packed way to start the day! Best of all, this avocado smoothie recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and uses just ½ banana per serving!
When I started sharing images of my healthy breakfasts online, I practically survived on smoothie bowls. In fact, for proof, you can go to the last pages on this blog, and my earliest posts are 90% smoothies too, so Im no stranger to whipping up creamy, rich, dessert-like yet healthy smoothies and smoothie bowls. And this creamy banana avocado smoothie is no different.
When Im not whipping up massive bowls of guacamole, smooth avocado butter, or avocado pasta I love to use avocado for sweet treats like avocado pistachio ice cream, avocado chocolate mousse, and this healthy avocado smoothie!
With a combination of banana, spinach, and avocado at its base, youd probably think that this healthy avocado smoothie tastes as healthy as it sounds. However, the truth is that spinach adds tons of nutrients without affecting the flavor at all, and the healthy fats in the avocado create a thick, creamy consistency but is also neutral in flavor.
The nutrients of a green smoothie without tasting overly healthy?! consider me won over with this simple avocado banana smoothie recipe! All with just five base ingredients, too.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Will Call
What Milk To Use In Your Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Another question I have been asked is what type of milk I suggest.
Any milk you have will work.
You wont really notice a flavor difference, or much of one.
I used 2% milk as it is what I had on hand, but you can use whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, whatever basic milk you have on hand.
Dairy free or dairy it wont make much of a difference.
No need to run to the store, just use what you have!
I hope you love this recipe as much as our family did!
more smoothie recipes you will love
Why This Recipe Works Even Without Ice Cream
- Thick & Creamy: This banana milkshake is thick and creamy even without adding ice cream. And this comes down to the ratio of milk and the bananas. Less liquid, more fruit = thick & creamy shake.
- Frozen bananas: I highly recommend that you freeze the bananas for this recipe. Since we’re not using ice cream we need something cold and creamy to make the milkshake thick. Enter frozen bananas!
- Variations: It can be made with tons of delicious variations, which I’ve listed down below.
- Healthy: This is a nutritious drink for younger kids, especially if you skip the sugar. My little one doesn’t like bananas but he does happily drink this milkshake!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie has an ice-cream-like texture, while being dairy-free and naturally sweetened. Its a healthy vegan milkshake you can enjoy anytime!
When it comes to making milkshakes and smoothies, Im not usually one to follow a recipe. I typically just toss-in ingredients and taste as I go.
However, sometimes a shake turns out so well that it simply demands to be written down so that I can re-create it again and again, with the same spectacular results each time.
This is one of those milkshakes.
Made with frozen bananas, natural peanut butter, and rich cacao powder, this creamy treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, without the sluggish after-effects from a traditional ice cream shake.
As always, feel free to substitute your favorite nut butter for the peanut butter, or omit the cacao powder for non-chocolate dessert.
Homemade Banana Strawberry Shake
You may not realize it is healthy, and youre going to love it! This is an amazingly easy milkshake . But this recipe has just 5 simple all-natural ingredients and the effort you put in is very little compared to the creamy deliciousness youll be experiencing!
To make this healthy milkshake recipe, the choice of ingredients is key. We use ripe bananas, frozen strawberries and almonds to get the thickness and flavor in the milkshake.
You dont need ice cream or added sugar to make it creamy and sweet. Read on to find out how:
You May Like: Smoothie King Job Positions
Fresh Or Frozen Bananas For Milkshakes
I covered the fresh vs. frozen fruit for milkshakes topic in my Strawberry Milkshake post. And the same rule applies for Banana Shakes. You can use either fresh or frozen fruit for your shake.
Frozen fruit will yield a thicker, creamier shake, but can make your shake difficult to blend, especially if you are using an older or underpowered blender. To combat this, be sure to allow your ice cream time to soften before blending.
To soften your ice cream, scoop it into your blender and leave it at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before you add the rest of the ingredients and blend. If your blender is still really struggling, you can use just a bit more milk until its able to blend well.