How To Make A Frosty Smoothie At Home
Smoothies are one of those things that always seem to taste better when purchased from a café or smoothie stand until now. Finally, Ive discovered the secret to why shop-bought smoothies are so much better!
The answer lies in the frozenness of the ingredients, because nobody likes a runny smoothie. When you use ingredients that are partly frozen , youll wind up with a smoothie so frosty that youll be amazed it was created in your own kitchen.
Step 1: Prep the ingredientsFirst, before blending, freeze either the blueberries or the banana. This will give your smoothie a frosty texture! Note: If freezing the banana, be sure to peel and slice it first!
Step 2: Blend everything togetherAdd the berries, banana, yogurt, and milk to a blender and blitz until smooth. For a punch of healthy fat, you can either blend in nut butter, or use it as a topping! Optionally sprinkle granola on top for some extra crunch.
Are Banana Smoothies Good For You
Banana smoothies can be good for you as long as you use healthy ingredients! This recipe contains bananas, milk, vanilla, ice and a bit of sugar. Sugar is optional though. If your bananas are ripe enough, they will provide enough sweetness for your smoothie which will make a very healthy banana smoothie recipe!
The sugar in this recipe is used to sweeten and deepen the banana flavor. But it is not necessary if you prefer to leave it out.
The point is, you can always modify this recipe to meet your dietary needs, just know that the overall taste and texture will be a bit different if you do so.
Are you ready for this smoothie recipe? Ok. Let’s do this!
Is Strawberry Banana Smoothie Yogurt Healthy
Yes! Strawberry banana smoothies with yogurt are pretty healthy usually. The addition of greek yogurt to this drink helps build a healthy microbiome to make your gut a whole lot healthier. Yogurt also contains protein, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and B12. So this healthy dessert smoothie is not only delicious but it is full of healthy nutrients for you!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DONT FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON , , AND .
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating View
Ingredients Notes For Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- Banana: The banana contributes natural sweetness to the smoothie, so no added sugar is required. Use an overripe banana for the best flavour.
- Strawberries: Gives this smoothie a vibrant pink hue and refreshing flavour. Use frozen strawberries for a thicker and more refreshing smoothie.
- Milk: The milk adds some additional calcium, magnesium and vitamin D and also helps to thin out the smoothie slightly, making the fruit easier to blend. I typically use unsweetened almond milk, but you can use regular cows milk or your preferred milk alternative.
- Greek yogurt: Provides a creamy texture and adds some extra protein. I tend to use 2% plain Greek yogurt, but you can use a lower or higher fat percentage if preferred.
- Hemp hearts or chia seeds: Adds some additional fibre, protein and omega-s. You can use one or the other, or both to switch it up.
- Oats: This is optional, but the oats help to thicken up the smoothie and make it even more filling due to their soluble fibre content. I tend to use quick oats, but you can also use rolled oats if desired.
Why We Love This Smoothie
- Balanced: The smoothie contains all four food groups, which makes it a great balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast or snack option. Its very filling so it can serve as a meal all in itself.
- Quick and easy: If youre looking for a quick breakfast on the go, this smoothie will do the trick! It only consists of five simple ingredients , so you can blend it all up in just a few minutes and drink it before you head out the door or on the go.
- Kid-friendly: The vibrant pink colour makes this smoothie really fun, especially for kids! Its a tasty way to incorporate more fibre, protein, calcium and omega-3s into your familys day!
You May Like: Smoothie King Shredder Recipe
How To Make A Banana And Pineapple Smoothie In 1 Minute
Sometimes, all you need is a 1-minute recipe. Who has time to measure out like a hundred ingredients and fuss with billows of protein powder anywho? Alright, sometimes ya need that powder. But sometimes, you need a super quick smoothie that you can throw together in just one minute.
Measure out your frozen pineapple chunks, frozen banana, milk of choice, and yogurt into a good blender. In the past, I was partial to a personal blender, but Ive now been converted to a high-speed, seriously good blender .
Blend until smooth and creamy, with no chunks of fruit remaining.
If you like it thinner and like to drink your smoothies quickly, add additional milk to thin it out. If you like it thicker, keep your smoothie as is, or leave out 1/4 cup or more of the milk.
Pour into cup and enjoy the best pineapple banana smoothie recipe! Its really that easyperhaps even easier than my pineapple coconut sorbet. You be the judge.
Delicious Banana Yogurt Smoothie
If you love bananas, then this banana yogurt smoothie is the perfect drink for you. You only need a few ingredients, and its super easy to whip up in a blender quickly.
I love this smoothie as it blends to be nice and thick without needing any ice cream. The bananas add a ton of flavor, and the honey sweetens it slightly. Overall its a fruity drink thats hard to stop drinking.
A single batch of this recipe will make enough for roughly two people, but this depends on how thirsty you are. Alternatively, you can easily double or triple the recipe to cater for more people.
Also Check: Slim N Trim Vanilla
Why You Should Make This Banana Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy banana smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients like fruit, nut butter, and veggies.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can even make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save it for later.
Greek Yogurt Fruit Smoothie
Im always putting Greek yogurt in my smoothies. I love the creamy, thick texture it adds. Plus, its full of protein, low in fat , and has a tangy flavor that offsets the sweetness of the fruit.
Ingredients for Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie:
- almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- frozen bananas
- topping ideas: sliced fruit, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, whipped cream
If you like thicker smoothies, Greek yogurt is the ingredient to add. Lots of ice and frozen fruit is another tried & true way to add thickness, and get more of a smoothie bowl texture.
I also like a scoop of protein powder in my smoothies. This one is a protein & fiber powerhouse and makes smoothies taste like milkshakes . Protein powder in smoothies is totally a personal preference, but I like how it adds some staying power. I like my smoothies to fill me up all the way to lunchtime and sometimes, beyond. Mom life can get crazy!
Directions for Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie:
Read Also: Smoothie King Center New Orleans Seating Chart
Can Blueberry Smoothie Curdle
If you keep the smoothie for longer in room temperature, the smoothie may curdle, especially when you use regular milk.
Blueberry smoothies thicken very fast and also form like jelly like in texture if sits for longer time.
Since we also used bananas, slight discoloration can also happen if it sits for long!
So it is always best to enjoy the smoothie as soon as it is made.
Ingredients For Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For this recipe you will need these ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries I love buying strawberries when they are in season and freezing them myself, but if you dont have any or they are not in season, use any frozen berry you have on hand.
- Frozen bananas Bananas are one of my favorite fruit to add to smoothies, it adds sweetness and creaminess.
- Milk or water You can use any milk youd like if you decide to go with the milk option. The smoothie will be more rich if you use milk instead of water.
- Greek yogurt Greek yogurt adds creaminess and whole lot of protein to this healthy smoothie recipe.
- Sugar free whipped cream- This is an optional ingredients, but if you want to make a show stopped smoothie, definitely go for it. Top your smoothie with whipped cream and a strawberry slice for a super pretty look.
Don’t Miss: Blood Type O Breakfast Smoothie
Are Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- This Greek yogurt smoothie can be good for weight loss because of its high protein content. The protein will help to keep you full, which will reduce the temptation to reach for that mid-morning snack.
- The delicious texture and flavor of smoothies can even satisfy a sweet tooth. Try this Greek yogurt smoothie for a low calorie, healthy dessert.
Best Banana Smoothie Recipe
The best banana smoothie recipe that is so easy and healthy! Learn how to make a banana smoothie from frozen or fresh with only 5 ingredients
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliatelinks.
This Banana Smoothie Recipe is a delicious breakfast, snack or even dessert!
We combined nonfat greek yogurt, milk, and fruit for an easy drink that everyone will love!
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
Best Blenders For Smoothies
When making a smoothie recipe at home there are a few ways you can blend it together. Here are the pros and cons of each method:
- High-speed individual blender such as aNutribullet. This option makes for super easy clean-up, but is best for just 1-2 servings.
- Large high-speed blender such as aVitamix. Best for making a large batch, but calls for more cleanup.
- 6 cup+ food processor such as a Cuisinart Food Processor. A last resort since it does not blend up the smoothie as easily, but it will get the job done.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Classic strawberry banana smoothies are the BEST especially when it comes to these hot summer months.
Its great first thing in the morning for a breakfast on-the-go. Or as a snack after a good workout. There is just nothing quite as refreshing as blended up fresh fruit with a touch of yogurt and milk.
And honestly, it reminds me of a longtime childhood favorite of mine strawberry milk.
This healthy drink is FULL of fresh strawberry and banana flavor. It is also ultra creamy, and super easy to whip up.
Im talking5 minutes flat from start to finish of blending together ingredients.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Muscle Punch Recipe
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie With Greek Yogurt
- March 8, 2021 by Taylor
Peanut butter Banana Smoothie with Greek Yogurt is a go-to breakfast on-the-go in our house! It is full of flavor, not too-sweet, and packed with protein. This Greek Yogurt smoothie is the perfect start to your day and will keep you full until lunchtime!
It occurred to me awhile ago that I havent shared many of the things that I make on a regular basis. For example, how I get my eggs perfectly scrambled or the crispy fried brussels sprouts I make at least once a week. I think that needs to change starting with this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie with Greek Yogurt! I make this smoothie with Greek yogurt all. the. time!
Over the years, my smoothie recipe is pretty loose I dont use a measuring cup anymore. But to get it just perfect for you, I measured it out a few times and now have it to share!
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Would you like a healthy, balanced smoothie that tastes like a dessert? Here is my strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe that gives you just that. Its high in protein and vitamins, low in fat, and most carbs come from fresh fruit. The best thing is that its absolutely delightful. My kids love it. They say it tastes like melted fruit gelato. There is nothing better than starting a day with this healthy and nutritious drink.
I like to use a lot of strawberries in this smoothie. Strawberries are delicious on their own, and the extra berries really make this smoothie shine. I use two heaping cups of fresh strawberries per one cup of yogurt and one banana.
Plain Greek yogurt adds a bit of tartness. Adding two teaspoons of honey, maple syrup or white sugar will balance it out. If you like your smoothie even sweeter, add another teaspoon or two.
What blender you use to make this smoothie really matters. To liquefy the ingredients in this recipe you need a powerful blender, like the ever popular, super-duper Vitamix 5200 Series blender, which claims to spin the blades at 37,000 RPM at peak power.
If you have a standard blender, you may need to add half a cup of your favorite juice to achieve the desired consistency.
To make the smoothie a little thicker you can add a cup of ice cubes. Ice is also a welcome addition on hot summer days, making the smoothie very refreshing.
You May Like: Mielle Organics Curl Smoothie
How To Make The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Our basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Strawberries I love adding a heaping cup of whole strawberries and particularly enjoy when the smoothie is made with frozen berries. For a smoothie made with blueberries, try our easy blueberry smoothie recipe.
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest smoothie, use frozen banana slices .
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding some liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess use milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender, and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Parking Cost
Is A Banana Smoothie Good For You
We love this frozen banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
How Do You Make A Mango Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
Sometimes I dont have any Greek yogurt on hand, but I almost always have milk!
Add the mango, bananas, and a little bit of milk then blend. I dont have an exact amount for you, but keep adding milk in small parts until youre happy with the consistency.
The smoothie wont be as creamy without Greek yogurt, but luckily frozen banana slices are creamy once blended.
Dont have milk? Use fruit juice, preferably 100% real fruit juice from your stores fresh produce section.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Positions
Orange Smoothie With Bananas And Yogurt
This orange smoothie with bananas and yogurt is made with Cara Cara oranges, some of the best of the winter citrus season. But you can use your favourite orange for the best orange smoothie any time of the year.
You know how many times I shovelled today? Too. Many. And were not even close to spring!
You know one of the few things I like about the winter though? Citrus fruits.
We get an abundance of Meyer lemons and oranges and I think this year Im on track to consuming a record number of them from blood oranges to sumo oranges to Cara Cara oranges.
This orange smoothie is made from Cara Cara oranges because I just happened to buy a whole bag from Costco but you can use whatever kind of orange you like.
And it doesnt even have to be winter! Its refreshing and delicious any time of the year.