Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
How Long Do Smoothies Last
This smoothie will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Be sure the container is filled all the way to the top before being sealed. If air gets in the smoothie, it will make the smoothie less nutritious. Or, you can freeze the smoothie in a freezer-safe container. It will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
All you need is 2 ingredients for the easiest, best strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Its so deliciously simple, youll find yourself making it on repeat.
Heres a smoothie recipe thats almost impossibly simple: this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! All you need is 2 ingredients, plus ice and water. Thats right: two ingredients! Its not often that our recipes are this easythough we do believe in keeping all things pretty simple. Blend up bananas and frozen strawberries and youve impossibly got the perfect smoothie texture and flavor: its creamy, sweet and fruity, with just enough banana essence. No yogurt, milk or sweetener needed! Its truly remarkable. In fact, we might give up our Perfect Strawberry Smoothie in favor of this one.
Don’t Miss: Dr Oz 10 Day Detox Smoothie
Lets Get Started By Talking About The Ingredients For This Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberries can be added either fresh or frozen depending on what you have. Its better to use frozen strawberries than unripe out of season fresh berries. With smoothies you need something to be frozen so if you use fresh berries, try using frozen bananas.
- Bananas are the same as I mentioned with strawberries, use either fresh or frozen. You just want to make sure something in your smoothie is frozen for the best texture.
- Yogurt We love Greek yogurt here, but any dairy free yogurt you like can be subbed in. You can also just use a bit more milk of your choice as well. I like to use canned coconut milk for dairy free because it adds so much creaminess and flavor.
- Milk Ive been loving the Malk brand lately for dairy free milk because they dont use any additives. I like getting any of the unsweetened vanilla nut milks for the extra vanilla flavor. But you can use any milk youd like here!
- Vanilla and almond extract just a touch of both extracts makes this smoothie irresistible. But if you dont like almond extract, you can leave it out. I add just the smallest amount so it enhances the berry flavor without tasting like almond extract.
How Many Calories Are In A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
There are 240 calories in this strawberry banana smoothie. The full nutrition stats are below in the recipe card, but I pulled out the nutrition highlights for you, including strawberry banana smoothie calories!
- 240 calories
- 5 grams of fiber
- 10 grams of fat
As I mentioned above, if you need some more calories or protein to turn this into a filling meal, add some nuts or hard-boiled eggs!
You May Like: Smoothie King Concert Seating
Why Is This The Best Strawberry And Banana Smoothie
We love this strawberry banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
Can You Store This Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Actually, you can! Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But you can store this strawberry banana smoothie for 1 to 2 days refrigerated. Store it in a sealed container or a mason jar with the lid on. If it separates , just shake it up and youre good to go.
Why would you store it? Its actually perfect for breakfast on the good. Mix up a smoothie the night before, and you can enjoy it for breakfast the next day.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
The Right Blender For Smoothies
There is no wrong blender for smoothies. Youll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item youd like to splurge on.
My favorite picks
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if youre looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews with great reviews!
- If you dont blend a ton, it wouldnt make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender thats perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
Tip For Blending A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Add your milk to the blender first.
This will help make sure the blender works the best that it can, and has easy access to the liquid of the recipe.
If you do not have a high speed blender, you may need to add more milk to make it not as thick so that the blender can handle mixing the smoothie up.
If you dont care about thickness, you can make this more easily by splashing in some extra milk to help the blender out.
Its really whatever works for you!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Employee Benefits
Ingredients For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Youll notice a lot of the traditional ingredients for a creamy smoother arent necessary. Theres no yogurt, no milk, no dairy to make it creamy! Just two pure, healthy ingredients that result in a plant based and vegan smoothie. Heres what youll need:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we dont always have them on hand. We customized this one to use a fresh banana so that you can make it immediately.
- Water and ice: For the body of the smoothie, youll just need a little water to get it to blend and ice for the perfect frothy texture.
Love plant based smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
Ingredients In This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
Youll need just 4 simple ingredients to make this wonderful strawberry banana smoothie:
- Strawberries The star of the show! Fresh, ripe, sweet, and juicy strawberries are readily available in the spring and summer. However, this recipe totally works with frozen berries too (just make sure not to use a frozen banana if your using frozen strawberries or the smoothie will be too thick and hard to blend!
- Banana I recommend using a frozen one to naturally sweeten this smoothie. Be sure you freeze your banana without the peel!
- Greek yogurt Feel free to use any favorite yogurt. I prefer plain, Greek yogurt because its super-rich and packs a good punch of protein. Use coconut or almond-based yogurt to make this recipe dairy-free and vegan.
- Milk We like to use almond or cashew milk, but you can use any milk youd like. For a tropical twist, try coconut milk!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Arena Seating Chart
The Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry banana is a classic smoothie flavor combination that most people love. If you have not been able to perfect the strawberry banana smoothie at home, I highly suggest you give this recipe a try. It is filled with delicious strawberries, banana, and the addition of healthy Greek yogurt gives the smoothie an extra dose of healthy fats and protein. I know you will love this recipe!
Tips For Making Smoothies
Here are a few tips for making the best smoothies possible:
- Start with ripe fruit. High quality fruit means better taste which makes a delicious smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit makes for a creamier, more refreshing smoothie.
- You dont need ice. Since youre using frozen fruit, theres also no need to include ice in the mixture. Your smoothie will be much more flavorful this way because the ice wont dilute the other ingredients.
- Plan ahead. Measure out the fruit for a few batches of smoothies into separate zip-top freezer bags. When its smoothie time, add the contents of one bag to the blender along with the milk and yogurt for a super quick breakfast or snack.
Also Check: Proti Vlc Smoothie Base Mix
Can You Make Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Ahead
Yes, you can make this strawberry banana smoothie with almond milk ahead of time. If you want to make this ahead, I recommend one of two ways:
- Prep the ingredients: Place all of the ingredients, except the ice, in the blender. When you want your smoothie, add the ice and blend away. Make sure that the banana is under the milk so it doesnt brown, or just add the banana when you add your ice.
- Make-ahead: If you want to make this completely ahead, make the strawberry and banana smoothie as directed and store in a blender bottle. If youll eat it within the day, store in the refrigerator. If you want to make it further ahead than that, store the bottle in the freezer and take out to thaw the night before you want it. Give it a good shake until its all incorporated again and youve got a healthy breakfast on-the-go!
TIP: Meal prep this smoothie by freezing a few servings in blender bottles and take out of the freezer as needed.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Swaps And Substitutions
The great thing about smoothies is that you can add or switch out ingredients to make it your own. Here are some variations you can try:
- Make this smoothie dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt and non-dairy milk such as almond or oat milk.
- You can leave out the yogurt all together.
- Use vanilla or strawberry yogurt for a sweeter smoothie. Alternatively, add up to 1 tablespoon of honey for added sweetness.
- Swap up to half of the milk for orange juice.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter. Combined with the strawberries, it tastes like a PB& J smoothie.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds.
Also Check: How Much Do Smoothie King Workers Make
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
To prepare a fresh healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe without Yogurt you will only need a few ingredients, ice cubes, and a good blender.
I recommend getting a quality blender with a good engine such as the Ninja Blender.
I have tried making this simple strawberry smoothie with a cheap blender and it was always a huge disappointment .
Either the easy strawberry smoothie wasn’t smooth or the engine would heat up and render the blender useless.
Banana is known as a feel-good ingredient. It’s a nutritious fruit, which signals your stomach that you are satisfied and in turn keeps you full longer.
In that sense, the banana makes sure that you don’t go overboard by eating food without nutritious values a short time later.
Banana also helps in thickening the easy strawberry smoothie!
Strawberries provide a good dose of balanced vitamins and minerals.
Plus point, they taste great too and turn the smoothie into a lovely pink color.
After all, we eat with our eyes too, don’t you think?
Coconut milk is very nutritious too and high in healthy fats which are needed to keep you longer full.
This is the same concept as the banana, to signal your brain that you don’t need to eat so soon again.
The healthy fats in coconut milk are essential for those who want to maintain a better muscle vs body fat ratio since healthy fats are needed to “feed” the formation of muscle cells.
If you prefer a lighter vegan and raw milk, then try to use almond milk instead.
See How To Make The Best Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe This Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Is So Delicious You Won’t Guess It’s Paleo Gluten
Do you know how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Because you need to! And Im going to show you just how easy they are. This 5-minute recipe is a healthy way to start your morning, but a strawberry and banana smoothie also makes a great afternoon snack! Whatever time of day, youre sure to enjoy it this sweet and creamy drink.
And, youll be happy to know that this is a healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipe. Its made with fresh fruit, non-dairy milk , almond butter, and some honey or maple syrup. Its paleo, vegan , and dairy and gluten-free. Just about everyone can enjoy this sweet treat.
Go grab your blenders, its time to make the best strawberry banana smoothie!
You May Like: Smoothie King Job Positions
How To Make Smoothies Thicker
Youll notice in a lot of my smoothie recipes that I opt to use frozen fruit rather than ice. While ice is nice in adding instant chill and bulk to smoothies, Ive found that it makes them too watery .
Instead, I like to freeze fruit and throw that into the smoothie to make it thicker and more frosty. In this Strawberry Banana Smoothie, were using frozen strawberries for their convenience and cost efficiency, but you can also peel, chop, and freeze your bananas ahead of time for smoothies. I like to do this with my soon-to-go-bad bananas to give them a second shot at life.
Can I Substitute Any Of The Ingredients
Smoothies are the perfect food to play around with, but if you want a similar flavour and consistency that I got, I suggest making only a few minor tweaks:
- To save calories: omit nut butter, use skim almond milk or even replace it with water.
- For a creamier texture and fuller flavour: use full-fat milk or an extra teaspoon of nut butter.
- To make it thicker and more refreshing: add 2-3 ice cubes or use frozen banana.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Rows
What Are The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange.
Try to buy organic strawberries, if possible. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. I like to buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries for our smoothies.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body digests the sugar in a banana more slowly than refined sugars, so you get lasting energy, rather than a sugar rush and crash. Naturally-sweet bananas are a healthy way to satisfy your craving for sugar. When youre craving a sweet frozen treat, this strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious option!
Are you ready to make your best strawberry banana smoothie? Lets do it!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It’s quick & easy to make
- Uses common, simple ingredients
- A delicious blend of sweet strawberry & banana with tart, plain Greek yogurt
- You can’t taste the broccoli – it’s just adding loads of nutrients
- Super creamy texture thanks to the banana & yogurt
- Natural sweetness from the banana
- Frozen strawberries makes it a perfect choice in any season
Recommended Reading: Best Protein Smoothie From Smoothie King
Make Ahead And Meal Prep
Meal Prep: Place 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 banana cut into chunks, and half of a 5-oz. container of yogurt into a freezer safe storage bag. Place in freezer until ready to use.
Day of Serving: Let bag of fruit and yogurt thaw slightly at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Add fruit and yogurt to a blender with ¼ cup milk and 1 tablespoon honey and blend until smooth.
To Make A High Protein Smoothie:
Add plain Greek yogurt and/or nut butter to this strawberry banana smoothie for more satiating protein. Just blend the yogurt and nut butter into the smoothie along with the rest of the ingredients. Almond butter is my favorite in this smoothie. The almond butter is so good with the strawberries and banana! Peanut butter is also delicious.
Try these healthy smoothie recipes next:
Recommended Reading: Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds
Strawberry And Banana: A Smoothie Dream Team
Strawberries and bananas are both nutritional powerhouses, and the two flavors pair well together. Banana can be overpowering sometimes, but combined with strawberry, it’s almost like they become one flavor.
Bananas and strawberries are both low glycemic fruits. They contain heart healthy dietary fiber that also keeps the bowels moving smoothly. The vitamin C in both fruits helps the body better absorb the iron in the spinach. Both strawberries and bananas can help with weight management and blood sugar regulation.
Strawberries, particularly if you didn’t pick them fresh from your garden, can be on the tart side. The sweetness of the banana balances out the tartness just right. Bananas also make smoothies extra creamy.
For more banana and berry smoothie combos click here.
And if you’re not a fan of bananas or have an allergy…bananas can easily be substituted with avocado or any of the suggestions found in this post.