Tips To Thicken Your Smoothie
I love my smoothies nice and thick, as I think it makes them more satisfying. This recipe is already fairly thick, but if youd like to thicken your smoothie even more, here are a few tips:
- Blend in a few cubes of ice after you mix your main ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- For thickness and added flavor, try blending in an extra handful of frozen fruit.
- You can also try adding in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. After a few minutes, these little nutrient-rich seeds will soak up some of the excess liquid and thicken the smoothie.
Donât Miss: Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good
Put The Ingredients Into The Blender
Put the ingredients for this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe into the container of your blender in the order listed. There is always a rhyme and reason behind why I write the order of ingredients in my recipes, especially when it comes to using a blender!
Always put liquids in the blender first!
In order to ensure a smooth blend its important to put the liquid ingredients into the blender first. This way the blades can move freely in the first few seconds of blending to really blend everything nice and smooth.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
You May Like: Cancer Fighting Juices And Smoothies
Recommended Reading: Gladiator Smoothie Ingredients
Need A Fun Activity For The Kids Freeze Your Smoothies
Using frozen fruit to make a smoothie, but then freeze your creation?
Blend your favorite smoothie to a thick consistency, then fill Popsicle molds for a fun, frozen treat.
Sweet E can testify to the Popsicle fun. Been there, made thateaten all of em!
One caveat: If Mommy has had a hard day and happens to slip enough booze to put her out for the night a teeny splash of vanilla rum into a batch to freeze, make sure they are labeled and that the children , cant get their adorable tiny fingers on them.
Social services frowns upon tipsy childrenfrom what I hear.
~ A gentle reminder: OMT! uses Amazon referral links at no cost to you! ~
Ingredients For This Strawberry Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry smoothie! Alex and I were careful to choose healthy ingredients for this smoothie: no overly sugary juices or syrups. Heres what we selected:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie. If you want to use fresh berries, use a frozen banana.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we never keep them on hand! Usually we want a smoothie recipe now. So we customized this one to use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Ice: Heres the most important part ice is essential to a perfect strawberry smoothie! It makes just the right frothy texture. Weve tried it without and it really makes a difference. Do not omit it!
- Milk: You need just the right amount of liquid in a smoothie to get it to blend. Not enough and the blender gets stuck , and too much it tastes milky. You can also use non-dairy .
- Maple syrup: Adding a hint of maple brings out the sweetness in the berries. If you eat a low sugar diet you could omit, but it doesnt quite taste sweet enough with no sweetener.
Also Check: 10 Smoothie Diet
How To Make Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
Making smoothies is important to me, as I love knowing the fruit and other ingredients are all fresh. Its also convenient to make it at home, as it saves money.
Although the usual dairy product used in a standard smoothie is yogurt, you can also use yogurt-free alternatives. Making smoothies is simple. Here is a short tutorial on how to make one.
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes For You To Try
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Blueberry apple smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes just great. An amazingly refreshing wakeup call in the morning or maybe as a lively pick me up during the day.
- Strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning. Nutritious, delicious and packed full of vitamin C its sure to give you that extra glow!
- Strawberry and raspberry smoothie. This is the perfect summer smoothie recipe. A delicious combination of sweet and sour berries to tantalise your taste buds!
Recommended Reading: Seating Chart For Smoothie King Arena
Why This Recipe Works
This strawberry smoothie recipe is definitely one of my favorites, especially during the warmer months. Refreshing smoothies with strawberries are rich, creamy and bursting with the bright flavor of fresh strawberries.
I also add a banana to make a thick and milkshake-like consistency. Plus it adds another pop of healthy sweetness to the drink that is great to get your morning going!
When making a smoothie with bananas, I prefer to use coconut milk or almond milk. Using plant-based milks makes this a tasty vegan smoothie recipe, and is a bit easier on your stomach.
I have read that according to ayurveda, eating certain fruits and dairy milk together can create all kinds of digestion problems. For instance, banana and dairy tend to cause gut issues. However, I always find that beverages made with coconut milk or almond milk are lighter and easy to digest.
I have not used any sweetener in this 3 ingredient smoothie recipe, but you can add some sweetener if your strawberries arent quite ripe or you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
Smoothies, fruit juices and milkshakes are terrific to make for a quick and healthy breakfast. Here are just a few Smoothie Recipes I have shared on the blog:
You May Like: Best Water Bottle For Smoothies
What Do I Need For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Not only is this a super popular smoothie flavor, but it is also super simple! To make it, youll need:
- Frozen banana. The banana adds sweetness and creaminess, so it is one of my favorite smoothie ingredients to use.
- Frozen strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries too, but I prefer frozen. Frozen fruit serves to chill and thicken your smoothie, so you wont need to dilute the flavor with ice!
- Milk. You can use regular cows milk, unsweetened soy milk, or your unsweetened nut milk of choice. Coconut milk would give it a fun tropical twist.
- Plain Greek yogurt. This will help to thicken your smoothie.
- Honey or maple syrup. Bananas and strawberries can vary in sweetness, so youll want to give your smoothie a taste before adding any sweetener. You may be able to skip this ingredient entirely!
Read Also: Types Of Blenders For Smoothies
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Box Office Hours
How To Make A Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Step 1: Add the fresh watermelon chunks to the blender first, this will make it easier to blend.
Step 2: Place the frozen strawberries on top of the watermelon.
Step 3: use a high powered blender to blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The juiciness from the watermelon and the iciness from the frozen strawberries makes that perfect smoothie texture.
This smoothie is naturally sweet and so refreshing.
You could also freeze this into ice pops for your kids!
If your fruit is not sweet enough, you can add a touch of maple syrup, but I really dont think you will need it.
This smoothie was plenty sweet and so fun to drink.
I only wish I had been drinking it poolside!
This drink is perfectly thick from the frozen fruit.
I would not recommend using fresh strawberries unless you are using frozen watermelon.
If you are using fresh watermelon and strawberries, you could add ice to thicken the smoothie, but it may water down the flavor a bit.
More smoothie recipes
How To Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this strawberry smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing the following:
- Make our strawberry banana smoothie. Try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie: its vegan and uses only 2 ingredients!
- Substitute non-dairy milk AND vegan yogurt or ½ banana for the yogurt. We like using oat milk or almond milk. Oat milk is usually a little sweeter and creamier so we tend to like that a little more. You could also try coconut milk, which adds a nice coconut essence, or soy milk. Then for the yogurt, use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Interview Questions
What Milk To Use In Your Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Another question I have been asked is what type of milk I suggest.
Any milk you have will work.
You wont really notice a flavor difference, or much of one.
I used 2% milk as it is what I had on hand, but you can use whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, whatever basic milk you have on hand.
Dairy free or dairy it wont make much of a difference.
No need to run to the store, just use what you have!
I hope you love this recipe as much as our family did!
more smoothie recipes you will love
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
So, easy, the kids can do it, thats how! Easy fruit smoothie recipes start off with fresh or frozen strawberries and bananas. I prefer to use frozen fruit if I have it, this means I dont need to add any ice to make it cold or water it down. Lots of supermarkets sell frozen smoothie fruit medleys so its easier than ever! If your fruit is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Don’t Miss: Cancer Fighting Smoothies Recipes
Thaw Strawberries For 5 Minutes Before Using
Frozen strawberries, especially larger ones, can be hard on your blender. To prevent damage to your blender and for greater ease in blending, let the strawberries thaw at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before using. Or, you can microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute, just until theyre losing their frost and starting to soften a bit.
If you still have trouble blending, pause, stir and let the mixture rest for a few more minutes before trying again. You can always add another splash or two of milk if you need more traction.
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Sweet
In the above recipe, I suggested using honey as a sweetener. I know it is much easier to use sugar, but when you are on a diet or want a healthy smoothie, sugar is a big no!
- Smoothies already have a high fruit sugar content. If you want a sweeter taste, I recommend selecting two high fructose fruits to combine with the strawberry, which is a smart substitute for sugar.
Notice that I chose banana to in the recipe, which is naturally sweet and tastes like sweet strawberry after its been combined in the mix.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Protein Powder For Sale
How Do You Make A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Making a healthy strawberry smoothie is about the ingredients you put in it. When using fresh, or frozen, fruit, healthy sweeteners like honey and high-quality cocoa, the smoothie is healthy. Watch out for pre-made smoothie mixes. These smoothie mixes are usually loaded with chemicals, added fat and added sugar. Making strawberry smoothies are healthier when you make them yourself.
Can I Make This With Greek Yogurt
You can make this yogurt smoothie with Greek yogurt if you prefer. The result will be slightly thicker, but it will also contain more protein. Try it both ways and see what you thinkand if your toddler has a thickness preference!
TIP: We love this strawberry yogurt smoothie without banana as an easy option if youre out or if you have a banana allergy in the house.
Also Check: Overnight Smoothie For Weight Loss
What If I Wanted More Ice In My Strawberry Smoothie
I get it, its tastier to have a cold smoothie, and it helps you to gulp down those extra veggies youve added to create a regular diet mix. But it will make your smoothie tasteless once the ice has melted. So I advise you finish your smoothie quickly to avoid that watery taste!
But how can you do that all the time?
- This will do the trick! Freeze one or all of the different fruits that you have chosen before making the smoothie. That way, you will get to drink the smoothie consistency without sacrificing any taste. If you lose its coldness along the way, get more frozen fruit and drop it in. Fruit ice, anyone?
To make it more fun to follow these steps, here is a video that shows you how to do it. In this video, she chooses not to add any sweetener to the mix. Enjoy!
Top 3 Tips For A Perfect Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Check it out!
You May Like: How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
Recommended Reading: Healthy Smoothies For Chemo Patients
What Do You Need To Make A Smoothie
- The ingredients.
- Sweetener .
- Step 1: Wash your fresh strawberries and cut off the stems.
- Step 2: Slice your strawberries and put them in the blender.
- Step 3: Get the banana and slice it. Then, put the pieces into the blender, together with the strawberries.
- Step 4: Pour the cup of milk into the blender together and add the fruits. You can choose any milk you like. Soy, non-fat or low-fat milk are all healthy choices.
- Step 5: Put a tablespoon of peanut butter into the blender and add any sweetener you prefer. I suggest honey for a healthier choice.
- Step 6: Add in the ice cubes. If you want it to be very cold, you can put 6-7 cubes. If you dont like it cold, you can put a cup of water in instead.
- Step 7: Place the lid back on the blender and mix at the high-speed setting.
- Step 8: Stop once the ingredients are well blended. Pour the smoothie into your glass and enjoy!
Now you have learnt the basic recipe for making a smoothie. So how was it? If you happen to like it, start inventing your own fruit mix. Blending it with some vegetables and nuts will make it even more interesting and healthy.
Last But Never Ever Least A Great Smoothie Deserves A Proper Straw
I know you are wondering where I got the red Fatty McGee straw.
Aint she marvelous?
Half of the enjoyment of a delicious smoothie is the straw you use to drank it.
Ive linked a couple of options below.
I do love a cold Strawberry Smoothie with a fat red straw!
To the recipe!
If youd like a printable recipe card, its included at bottom of this post.
Also Check: Smoothie King Low Carb High Protein
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab and blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard . For bananas, peel them, slice and then arrange on the baking sheet.
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep in the freezer for your next smoothie.
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
Donât Miss: Grapefruit Smoothie To Burn Fat
Don’t Miss: Mielle Twisting Souffle Review