Other Popular Smoothie Recipes For You To Try
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Blueberry apple smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes just great. An amazingly refreshing wakeup call in the morning or maybe as a lively pick me up during the day.
- Strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning. Nutritious, delicious and packed full of vitamin C its sure to give you that extra glow!
- Strawberry and raspberry smoothie. This is the perfect summer smoothie recipe. A delicious combination of sweet and sour berries to tantalise your taste buds!
How Else To Reach Your Daily Fruit Goal
For me, the trick is to make the fruit very presentable. The prettier the presentation, the more I eat/drink. This Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt worked for me because I beautified it with frozen berries on top. I look at it with hearts in my eyes and then dump it. I guess thats called auto-brain-washing, haha.
Another way that works great for me is a pretty fruit platter. Ive got tons of tips onhow to arrange a beautiful fruit platter.
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
When you have bananas that are rapidly turning brown in the fruit bowl and strawberries that have been sitting, neglected on the counter for days, making a smoothie is one of the easiest ways I know to put them to use.
When it comes to smoothies, the first thing that strikes the mind is Yogurt! What should I do if I dont have yogurt in place? Shall I skip the idea of making smoothies? Or should I run round to fetch a cup of yogurt?
Well, the answer is, you can make a palatable smoothie even without a yogurt.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to make a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt:
A quick tip for Banana:
When the bananas are fast turning brown, pop them into a freezer and store at least 2 days. In two days, when they emerge out of the freezer, you will be able to blend them in smoothies like this one without any lumps.
Strawberry and banana is a fantastic combination that offers you excellent health along with palatable taste:
- 1 cup drumstick leaves or spinach
- 1 cup strawberries
Read Also: Greek Yogurt Smoothie Weight Loss
How To Make A Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Step 1: Add the fresh watermelon chunks to the blender first, this will make it easier to blend.
Step 2: Place the frozen strawberries on top of the watermelon.
Step 3: use a high powered blender to blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The juiciness from the watermelon and the iciness from the frozen strawberries makes that perfect smoothie texture.
This smoothie is naturally sweet and so refreshing.
You could also freeze this into ice pops for your kids!
If your fruit is not sweet enough, you can add a touch of maple syrup, but I really dont think you will need it.
This smoothie was plenty sweet and so fun to drink.
I only wish I had been drinking it poolside!
This drink is perfectly thick from the frozen fruit.
I would not recommend using fresh strawberries unless you are using frozen watermelon.
If you are using fresh watermelon and strawberries, you could add ice to thicken the smoothie, but it may water down the flavor a bit.
More smoothie recipes
Why This Easy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Is Healthy
- Cocoa powder contains flavonoids. These have antioxidant effects and can reduce cell damage which have been linked to heart disease.
- Greek yogurt contains protein. Vital for cell growth and repairing tissue. This smoothie would be great after a workout!
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamins C and K. And provide a good dose of your daily fibre requirement.
- Eating bananas can help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risks of cancer.
Read Also: Smoothie Books For Weight Loss
What Do I Use To Make A Smoothie
There are many blenders you can use for making smoothies and milkshakes, but I personally own the Vitamix 780 and think it is simply the best. I get smooth, consistent results every single time which is exactly what I want for all my smoothies! You can buy your own Vitamix 780 HERE.
Are you ready for the recipe for this yummy strawberry smoothie? Alright…here goes!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
You May Like: Cancer Fighting Juices And Smoothies
How To Make It
How do you make a strawberry smoothie from scratch? Start with the items that are the most difficult to blend, saving the frozen fruit for last.
I like to blend the dates, almond milk, and vanilla first.
Once you dont see any large pieces of dates left, you can add in the frozen strawberries and blend again.
Finally, youll add in the ice, for an extra-slushy, milkshake texture.
Depending on how large your ice cubes are, you may only need 2 or 3 to achieve a slushy texture.
Keep in mind that the more ice you add, the more diluted the flavor will be, so start with less. You can always add more as needed!
Serve the strawberry smoothie right away for the best flavor and texture. You can even make it fancy with a little coconut whipped cream on top!
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day!
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
You May Like: Where To Buy Spirulina For Smoothies
Are Smoothies That Healthy
Well, it depends on what you put in them! The benefit of smoothies is that you are using the whole fruit and/or vegetable so you get the fiber and all the nutrition that the particular fruits/vegetables you are using contain. Unlike juice where the juice is squeezed from the fruit/vegetable and you lose all the fiber and some nutritional value as well.
If you use fruits, vegetables and a healthy liquid base then your smoothie will be healthy. If you add sugar or use a juice base, your smoothie won’t be as healthy.
Your smoothie is only as healthy as the ingredients you put into it!
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
Recommended Reading: Best Smoothie Diet To Lose Weight Fast
Don’t Miss: Grapefruit Smoothie To Burn Fat
Put The Ingredients Into The Blender
Put the ingredients for this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe into the container of your blender in the order listed. There is always a rhyme and reason behind why I write the order of ingredients in my recipes, especially when it comes to using a blender!
Always put liquids in the blender first!
In order to ensure a smooth blend its important to put the liquid ingredients into the blender first. This way the blades can move freely in the first few seconds of blending to really blend everything nice and smooth.
Thaw Strawberries For 5 Minutes Before Using
Frozen strawberries, especially larger ones, can be hard on your blender. To prevent damage to your blender and for greater ease in blending, let the strawberries thaw at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before using. Or, you can microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute, just until theyre losing their frost and starting to soften a bit.
If you still have trouble blending, pause, stir and let the mixture rest for a few more minutes before trying again. You can always add another splash or two of milk if you need more traction.
Recommended Reading: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Lean Machine Fat Burner
Tip For Blending A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Add your milk to the blender first.
This will help make sure the blender works the best that it can, and has easy access to the liquid of the recipe.
If you do not have a high speed blender, you may need to add more milk to make it not as thick so that the blender can handle mixing the smoothie up.
If you dont care about thickness, you can make this more easily by splashing in some extra milk to help the blender out.
Its really whatever works for you!
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie:
Smoothie Pro Tip: Be sure to put the liquid ingredients in first, and then the frozen ingredients. The liquid helps with the blending process and prevents your blender from locking up on the hard frozen fruits!
Don’t Miss: Proti Vlc Smoothie Base Mix
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this strawberry blueberry smoothie. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too. If your smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk .
- I owned this more economical option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- I sip my smoothies through these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw.
Top 3 Tips For A Perfect Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Check it out!
You May Like: How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
How Do You Make A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Making a healthy strawberry smoothie is about the ingredients you put in it. When using fresh, or frozen, fruit, healthy sweeteners like honey and high-quality cocoa, the smoothie is healthy. Watch out for pre-made smoothie mixes. These smoothie mixes are usually loaded with chemicals, added fat and added sugar. Making strawberry smoothies are healthier when you make them yourself.
Why We Love This Recipe
This smoothie is also adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients. You can replace the strawberries with another frozen berry , throw in a handful of spinach, add a banana, or use orange juice instead of milk. The smoothie of possibilities!
You all know how I love smoothies. And Im usually throwing all sorts of weird things into smoothies in the name of health, like beets or spinach or cauliflower. But sometimes the simplest flavors are also great, so today were whipping up a simple Strawberry Smoothie recipe!
RELATED: you might also like this recipe Strawberry Shortcake
You May Like: How To Make Dragon Fruit Smoothie
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
Youll notice that I use frozen strawberries in this recipe. I love frozen strawberries for a few reasons. Theyre often more affordable, especially when its not peak strawberry season. But more importantly, they add frosty thickness to this smoothie without needing to add ice!
Ice tends to make smoothies watery, and never seems to break down all the way in a blender. Using frozen strawberries fixes this problem and keeps the smoothie full of delicious fruity flavor!
So how do you make a strawberry smoothie? Youll basically just blend everything together until smooth. Taste and add more honey or vanilla to suit your taste, then serve. So easy!
Tips To Thicken Your Smoothie
I love my smoothies nice and thick, as I think it makes them more satisfying. This recipe is already fairly thick, but if youd like to thicken your smoothie even more, here are a few tips:
- Blend in a few cubes of ice after you mix your main ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- For thickness and added flavor, try blending in an extra handful of frozen fruit.
- You can also try adding in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. After a few minutes, these little nutrient-rich seeds will soak up some of the excess liquid and thicken the smoothie.
Don’t Miss: Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good
The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
Why This Recipe Works
This strawberry smoothie recipe is definitely one of my favorites, especially during the warmer months. Refreshing smoothies with strawberries are rich, creamy and bursting with the bright flavor of fresh strawberries.
I also add a banana to make a thick and milkshake-like consistency. Plus it adds another pop of healthy sweetness to the drink that is great to get your morning going!
When making a smoothie with bananas, I prefer to use coconut milk or almond milk. Using plant-based milks makes this a tasty vegan smoothie recipe, and is a bit easier on your stomach.
I have read that according to ayurveda, eating certain fruits and dairy milk together can create all kinds of digestion problems. For instance, banana and dairy tend to cause gut issues. However, I always find that beverages made with coconut milk or almond milk are lighter and easy to digest.
I have not used any sweetener in this 3 ingredient smoothie recipe, but you can add some sweetener if your strawberries arent quite ripe or you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
Smoothies, fruit juices and milkshakes are terrific to make for a quick and healthy breakfast. Here are just a few Smoothie Recipes I have shared on the blog:
You May Like: Best Water Bottle For Smoothies
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
Most smoothies use either yogurt or juice and ice as a base to make it creamy. You dont have to choose one or the other though. Juice spikes up the fruit sugar content unnecessarily so always try and stay away from smoothies based on juice.
Yogurt is a great source of protein if you dont have any dairy tolerance issues. If you do, however, you dont have to go for the juice option. There is other ways. You can use coconut milk for example to obtain that creamy texture and flavor. I use light coconut milk for my smoothies so they dont sit in my stomach too heavy.