Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Banana
This smoothie is packed full of rich, creamy chocolate peanut butter banana flavor. The best part though? Its healthy! Well healthier than other versions at least. The banana and peanut butter are great sources of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. And the yogurt and milk are both good sources of protein.
I used a big scoop of ice, some vanilla yogurt, milk, cocoa powder, frozen banana, and rehydrated powdered peanut butter. Who doesnt love a chocolate and peanut butter combo?!
My toddler kept calling it a chocolate milkshake. Hes kind of right, it tasted exactly like one, but a whole lot healthier! I hope youll give this smoothie a try- its rich, creamy and absolutely delicious.
Recommended Reading: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothies
Can You Use Overripe Bananas In Smoothies
Ripe bananas with lots of brown spots are great for smoothies. Just keep in mind that the flavor of the banana will be transferred to your smoothie.
As such, you want to ensure the flavor is still appealing. I wouldnt recommend using overripe bananas if the skin has turned brown-almost-black in color, Id instead use them for baking.
Peanut Butter Smoothie Variations
- Strawberry think PB& J sandwich in a smoothie form.
- Raspberry if you’re a raspberry jam fan.
- Chocolate turn it into a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie by adding a spoonful of cocoa powder!
- Green power add in a handful of spinach or kale. It won’t look very pretty, but you’ll get an extra boost of veggies and it will taste just as delicious.
- Coconut swap the water for coconut milk for a delicious treat!
You May Like: King Center Box Office Hours
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is SO simple to make. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and mix. That is it!
My favorite blender is the KitchenAid K400 Blender. It easily blends tough ingredients, like ice and frozen fruit. The blender has a 5-speed variable speed dial, making it easy to control taste and texture. Or you can use the easy 3 Preset Recipe Programs: Ice Crush, Icy Drinks, and Smoothie. The blender comes in a variety of colors and is a beauty! I use my blender every single day-its basically my bff in the kitchen.
Our Favorite Nutritional Boosters
This easy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is great for adding your go-to nutritional boosters. Here are some of our favorites to add:
- Flaxseed meal: this is one of my favorite ingredients to add to smoothies for a little boost of fiber and minerals, and is especially great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can help increase milk supply. Usually, a tablespoon is plenty! Heres a brand I love.
- Hemp seeds: feel free to throw a tablespoon of hemp seeds into your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
- More veggies: you could also try adding some frozen cauliflower for an extra boost, or adding a handful of spinach or kale. Youll never be able to taste them!
- Protein: Easily add more protein to a smoothie by adding some greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder. I recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Four Sigmatic Plant-Based Protein Powder.
Also Check: Is Smoothie King Gluten Free
Don’t Miss: Curl Smoothie Mielle
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This easy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is the perfect creamy and flavorful on-the-go breakfast to add to your morning routine! It uses nutrient-dense ingredients and a little extra hidden veggie to make a healthy smoothie with all of that peanut butter and banana flavor! Its is dairy-free, packed with healthy fats and so delicious.
Are Peanut Butter & Banana Good For You
Peanut Butter and banana are a classic combination, and with good reason. Not only do their flavors compliment each other well, they also have some potential health benefits!
- Bananas are a good source of fiber, so they are filling while being relatively low in calories. Bananas are also a good source of potassium, which is essential for kidney function, and may help to lower blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
- Peanut Butter is about 25% protein, so it contributes 8 grams of protein to this dairy-free smoothie. Peanut butter is a good source of monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, as well as nutrients like magnesium, folate, and vitamin E.
If you dont mind your drink turning green in color, try adding a handful of fresh spinach to this peanut butter banana smoothie. It wont change the flavor at all, but youll get even more nutrients into your day!
You May Like: Smoothie King Recipes Berry Punch
How Much Protein Is In This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie is loaded with protein. One serving packs in 14.7 grams of protein and 4.7 grams of fiber, making this a simple, yet filling, smoothie. Heres where all that protein comes from:
- 1/2 cup of Soy Milk -> 4 grams of protein
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter -> 8.0 grams
- 1 whole Banana -> 1.2 grams
- 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats -> 2.7 grams
Is Peanut Butter And Banana Healthy Snack At Night
A small piece of fruit, like an apple or banana, smothered in peanut or almond butter is a great way to feel full while staying healthy. The potassium and magnesium in the fruit paired with the protein and delicious taste of the nut butter is the perfect recipe for a great night of sleep!Dec 27, 2018.
Also Check: Smoothies For Depression
How To Make This:
As far as whipping up this peanut butter coffee smoothie, it doesnât take much. Add the milk and the coffee and then add in all the other ingredients on top.
Blend until smooth. If it seems a bit thin, you can add a touch more frozen banana or a couple ice cubes. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you want to go true mocha style, like fresh from the coffee shop!
Read Also: Night Time Smoothie For Weight Loss
How Do You Thicken Smoothies
5 Tips to Make a Smoothie Thicker Use frozen fruit or freeze fruit overnight. I always have a stash of bananas in the freezer because theyre perfect in smoothies! Freeze some of the liquid. Use the minimum amount of liquid. Add a scoop of raw oats or chia seeds. Blend protein powder or greens first.
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Map
How Do I Freeze Bananas For Smoothies
Youll likely discover that bananas are an excellent ingredient in most smoothies. They offer fiber, potassium and vitamins B6 and C. They also help create a thick, creamy consistency when blending your smoothie.
Pictured above is the ideal way to freeze bananas for your smoothies. Heres how to do it:
- Start by slicing an individual banana. Bananas that are often a little spotty are great for freezing. These ripe bananas are sweeter and are great for blending into any smoothie.
- Add each sliced banana to a lined baking sheet. Parchment paper or waxed paper work well and prevent the banana slices from freezing to the pan.
- Once the banana slices are frozen, simply add to resealable bags to the freezer. Small snack-sized zip-top bags work well and fit one banana perfectly.
I wrote the book on smoothiesliterally!
Yes, thats right! Im the author, photographer and creator of The Protein Smoothie Bible cookbook.
It offers simple, 5-minute smoothie recipes that are perfect for quick, healthy breakfasts, snacks, or post-workout recovery.
Ive even got a chapter all for kids! Thats right! Simple, easy, kid-friendly smoothie recipes that will get your kids and grandkids excited about making healthy food.
You can get The Protein Smoothie Bible here!
How To Make A Smoothie:
Making a smoothie is easy, but there are a few tips and tricks to make them the best ever.
Remember to start with the most fluid ingredients at the bottom, and the hardest to blend at the top. You can put your own spin on the ingredients, but try to keep the ratios the same for a nice, thick, satisfying smoothie.
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie ingredients
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth
Read Also: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Is It Better To Use Fresh Or Frozen Bananas
Frozen bananas work best in this recipe. They will make the smoothie creamy and thick, just the way you want it.
But if you only have fresh bananas, you can still make the recipe Youâll simply need to add a handful of ice to your blender.
Note: If you have a regular blender then you may end up with little bits of ice in your smoothie, which is why using frozen bananas works the best.
Health Benefits: Is Peanut Butter And Banana Good For You
Absolutely YES! Peanut butter and banana are an awesome combination.
Not only do they possess flavors that complement each other, but they also offer some great health benefits.
For starters, peanut butter is about 25% healthy protein, which might tell the reason why bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts include it in their diet!
Its a great source of protein that is essential for repairing and building muscles. Furthermore, its a good source of other nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium as well as antioxidants and monosaturated fats.
Bananas, on the other hand, are a great source of fiber. Eating bananas will make you feel full but without consuming that many calories.
Needless to say, bananas not only help in lowing the risk of heart diseases and blood pressure, but theyre a great source of potassium, which is essential for kidney function.
Fun Fact: Peanut butter banana smoothies make such a great healthy breakfast or post-workout snack, you get extra fiber and protein but with fewer calories!
Nutritional Value : Calories: 350, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 42g, Fiber: 7.5g, Protein: 12g
And that is it, you can now enjoy your healthy, delicious peanut butter banana smoothie!
Id heartily appreciate it if you share your thoughts about this smoothie in the comment section below so we can all benefit from the experience!
Don’t Miss: Gladiator Protein Powder Nutrition Facts
Ingredients In This Peanut Butter Smoothie
You could also call this a peanut butter banana smoothie. And right there, the name tells you most of the ingredients! This healthy smoothie is so easy, you might have all the ingredients already on hand. Heres what you need:
- Peanut butter: Naturally! Look for an all natural peanut butter without added sugar or oil, if you can.
- Ripe bananas: All you need are 2 ripe, room temperature bananas! Many smoothie recipes call for frozen bananas, but that requires advanced planning. We never remember to put bananas in the freezer, so we customize our smoothie recipes to use room temperature.
- Milk: The milk helps it blend and melds into the creamy texture. You can use dairy milk or non-dairy .
- Ice: Ice completes the frothy texture!
Is This Smoothie Sweet
Not especially. Any sweetness in it comes from the bananas. So the riper they are, the sweeter your smoothie would be. We opted not to include any added sweetener, because we really wanted this to be more on the healthy side. All that being said, you can add in a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or honey to your smoothie if it isnt quite sweet enough for you!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Parking
Making Smoothie Packs For Easy Morning Smoothies
Smoothie freezer packs are so popular, and for good reason: they make even quicker work of making morning smoothies. Instead of buying premade ones, you can turn this smoothie recipe into pre-made smoothie packs you can keep in your freezer ready to go anytime you want a Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie.
To make peanut butter and banana smoothie packs: Simply place all the ingredients, except the milk, inside of a plastic or a reusable bag and freeze until ready to use, up to one month.
When you are ready to use it, simply dump the ingredients from the bag, add in the milk and blend it.
Can Peanut Butter Reduce Belly Fat
While most people think that peanut butter carries heavy fat and calorie content that can lead to weight gain, research shows that it can actually help you reduce weight if consume it in a right amount. So if you are struggling to shred off some fat from your body, do try including peanut butter in your daily diet.
Read Also: Smoothie King Low Carb Options
Is This A Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie
Yes! The ingredients in this recipe are all very healthy. While it tastes like a decadent treat, it’s as healthy as a breakfast recipe can get!
We don’t use any sugar in this recipe as bananas are naturally very sweet. But to turn this into a dessert smoothie, you can add a date or two for extra sweetness.
An Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you need an afternoon pick-me-up or even a lightened-up dessert, this easy peanut butter banana smoothie is absolute gold! With simple ingredients and the best creamy texture thanks to the banana, its sweet, peanut buttery, and filling without being too heavy. The use of Greek yogurt and optional collagen peptides adds a boost of protein, so yep, you could even have this smoothie for breakfast! Chocolate and PB in the morning? Sign me up.
If you have a hard time getting little ones to eat healthy , then this smoothies about to be your new bestie. It is SO good, and with only 5 necessary ingredients , its the easiest thing ever! Anytime I have bananas about to go bad, I like to chop them into about 1-inch pieces and stick them in a bag to freeze. They act as the ice in this smoothie, but wont water it down like ice does. And banana adds an added element of sweetness and creaminess that is incredible. Satisfy that chocolate and peanut butter sweet tooth with this healthy smoothie!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Seating
Is It Better To Drink A Protein Shake Before Or After A Workout
Research has shown that protein helps your muscles to repair and rebuild after exercise. As a result, many people drink protein shakes after their workouts to assist this process.
However, new studies suggest that the amount of protein you consume per day is more important than when you consume it, for increasing muscle strength and size. For that reason, you can choose which time you prefer or is most convenient for you. Personally, I always have a protein shake after exercise, but thats just what works for me.
Ingredients For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
frozen bananas I always keep a bag of frozen bananas on hand in my freezer for smoothie making.
Simply break your overripe bananas into chunks, add to a ziploc freezer bag, and throw it in the freezer for smoothies!
greek yogurt unsweetened greek yogurt adds a nice tangy taste, with an added punch of protein.
all natural peanut butter the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt.
honey just a touch to complement the natural sweetness of the bananas!
milk of choice any milk will work just fine.
ice I love using ice to make my smoothies even thicker like ice cream texture.
You May Like: 10 Smoothie Diet
The Best Tips And Tricks For Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Super creamy and tastes like peanut butter banana ice cream instead of a smoothie, this is going to become a staple in your breakfast rotation, or snack rotation!
- Bananas: This is the perfect way to use up those overripe bananas when you do not have time to make bread. Peel the bananas cut them in half, and place them in a freezer bag. Release as much air as possible out of the bag. I will freeze bunches at a time so I have frozen bananas at all times. We make a lot of smoothies! They will keep for up to 2 months.
- Peanut Butter: I like to use natural peanut butter that has fewer added sugars and oils. You can also use peanut butter powder if you are trying to cut calories and fat. Keep in mind the fat in peanut butter is good for you.
- Greek Yogurt: Creamy and tangy, Greek yogurt adds protein and rich thick consistency. If you need more sweetness, use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt.
- Honey: Natures sweetener is perfect in this smoothie. You can use liquid stevia or agave as well.
- Milk: Feel free to use non-dairy milk if you desire
- Ice: Add ice to the blending if you want it even colder, you may want to reduce the milk if you do.
You May Like: Smoothie With Almond Milk And Yogurt
How To Thicken Your Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie
For a nice extra thick smoothie theres a few things you can do:
Use Frozen Bananas: Frozen bananas give your peanut butter banana smoothie more of a milkshake consistency
Use Ice: This is baseline what you should use to thicken your smoothie, but especially if your fruit is not frozen!
Reduce your Liquid: If drinking this smoothie with a straw, stick to the 1/2 cup of liquid recommended. However if you prefer to turn this into a smoothie bowl, reduce liquid to a 1/4 cup. It may take a little extra to get the smoothie going in the blender but it will turn out nice and thick and you can eat it with a spoon!
Add ground flax or chia seeds: both flax and chia are super absorbent so they help thicken up a smoothie. Plus theyre also a great source of omega fatty acids.
You May Like: Mielle Organics Curl Smoothie