Natural Sugar Vs Processed Sugar
It’s super important to note that not all sugar is created equal. 1 cup of refined sugar is NOT the same as 1 cup of fruit sugar. Why? because fruit not only contains sugar, but also fiber. Fiber is essential for breaking down sugar, and keeping our bodies from a sugar crash.
Daily consumption of fruit can actually combat obesity, according to a study done by the US National Library of Medicine. Yet, if fruit still causes your blood sugar to spike, then speak to your practitioner for the best diet plan for you.
Below Is The List Of My Favorite Protein Powders:
- Perfect Keto This one is my favorite cause its gluten-free, dairy-free and it uses clean ingredients. There is not junk fillers.
- Vega Sport Premium Protein This one is dairy-free, vegan and vegetarian too. Its Keto friendly too because 1 scoop has only 5g of carbs.
- Vega Protein& Greens Vanilla This is vegan too and there is no soy. The flavour is good too. This is keto friendly too because it 1 scoop has only 4g of carb.
- Soy protein powder will help to build bone mass and is particularly helpful in older adults.
Be sure to check for unsweetened protein powder as you dont want to add artificial sweeteners and other fillers to the smoothies.
Orange & Ginger Smoothie
This is the perfect smoothie if you’re feeling a bit under the weather and need a nutritious pick-me-up. The ingredients in this smoothie are low in sugar, with many health benefits. Oranges contain vitamin C, which protects and builds up the immune system. Ginger is also extremely beneficial for aiding in proper digestion. If you didn’t know, cinnamon is also one of the best spices for lowering sugar. Not only does cinnamon lower blood sugar, but it reduces heart disease. With this low-sugar and nutrient-dense smoothie, you’ll be energized and out the door in no time.
Read Also: Keto Champ Berry Net Carbs
Whats In This Low Carb Smoothie
- Avocado peeled and pitted. I like using Hass avocados as theyre more flavorful. Avocados are such a great addition as they are high in healthy fats, fibre, full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Spinach be sure to wash the smoothies beforehand, even if theyre advertised as pre-washed. Spinach is full of antioxidants as well as vitamins and nutrients as well.
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Sugar-free vanilla protein powder check out the recipe card down below for a link to my favourite one.
- Peanut butter powder I really love and highly recommend PB2.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice I dont recommend using bottled lemon juice as there are preservatives.
Dark Chocolate Banana Nut
If you want your weight loss smoothies to taste like dessert, this recipe should be your go-to. Four words that combine to sound like a jam session at Ben & Jerry’s house. The density of the banana will have you convinced you’re drinking a milkshake, while the omega-3s in the walnuts will keep your mind sharp and your belly lean.
- Â½ banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- â cup plant-based chocolate protein powder
- Water to blend
NUTRITION: 280 calories / 3 g fat / 31 g carbs / 7 g fiber / 9 g sugar / 31 g protein”
You May Like: Anxiety Smoothie
So What Are The Ingredients For Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Fruit: These are not the base of our smoothie, they simply add some flavor and color! I stick to low-sugar fruit like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Protein: My favorite protein source for shakes and smoothies is grass-fed whey. It contains a great vitamin and mineral profile, all essential amino acids and its easy for most people to digest. If you want to read more about this, head over to my post on healthy protein powders.
- Greens: If you dont mind the green color, adding a handful of spinach or kale is a good way to bring more antioxidants to your drink. These greens also give your smoothie more body,
- Fat: As a healthy source of fat, I opt for nut butter, coconut oil, seeds , and avocado. This combination makes your healthy smoothie extra filling and comes with the benefits of heart-protecting omega-3 fatty acids or monounsaturated fats.
Berry Cream And Overnight Oats Smoothie
This overnight oat smoothie is everything you love about breakfast rolled into one delicious and healthy cup. Did you know that in order for your body to absorb all the nutrients from flax seeds they must be ground, not whole? This breakfast smoothie is high in protein, nutrients, and tastes even better than it looks.
1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats + 12 cup original, unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 cup frozen blackberries + 1/2 cup frozen blueberries + 1/2 cup fresh diced strawberries + 1 teaspoon ground flax seed + 2 teaspoon honey
SERVES 2 137 CALORIES
Read Also: 10 Smoothie Diet
Great Blenders To Use To Make Smoothies
When making smoothies, you want your smoothie to be smooth and silky. You dont want bits of spinach or kale floating around in your smoothies.
So, a good blender is vital for making smoothies. Here are 5 high-quality blenders that will make smoothie-making easier:
- Nutri Ninja BL642 Personal and Countertop Blender: It comes with extractor blades that break down whole fruits, veggies, ice, and even seeds. Plus, it comes with serving cups that you can carry on the go.
- Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender: This premium blender is known for its performance and durability. And it handles really tough ingredients, so you get restaurant-quality smoothies in the comfort of your own home.
- Ninja SS101 Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker & Nutrient Extractor: This personal blender makes individual smoothies in a small compartment. So it takes up less counter space and is easier to clean.
- Ninja Personal Blender for Shakes and Smoothies: This reasonably priced personal blender includes 2 cups and recipes for added inspiration.
Video Result For Healthy Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie | Low Carb Keto Gluten…
How to make smoothie with frozen fruit | Healthy…
3 Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe
5 LOW CARB SMOOTHIES for Weight Loss! Healthy…
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Recipe | Easy Low Carb…
How To Make Low Carb Smoothies
Keto Breakfast Smoothie | How To Make A Low Carb…
Low Carb Smoothies!! Keto Smoothie Recipes!…
Healthy Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe (HIGH PROTEIN…
Weight Loss Smoothies | Easy Keto Smoothie Recipes |…
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PROTEIN SMOOTHIE // low carb, high…
Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie Recipe | Best Low Carb…
Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe
5 Healthy Breakfast Smoothies You MUST Try for Fast…
Healthy Smoothies Recipes | Healthy Meal Prep | Low…
Vegan Keto Smoothie Recipe Low Carb
6 Keto Smoothie Recipes | Low Carb Smoothies!! Keto…
GREEN LOW CARB BREAKFAST SMOOTHIES RECIPE
HIGH protein smoothie bowl recipe Getting…
3 Delicious Smoothie Recipes | LOW CALORIE Smoothies…
KETO PEANUT BUTTER BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE RECIPE | Easy…
KETO SMOOTHIES | LCHF | LOW CARB SMOOTHIE RECIPES |…
4 LOW SUGAR SMOOTHIES | easy, healthy, and delicious
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie…
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe – Low Carb Keto Recipes
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER LOW CARB SMOOTHIE…
Avocado Smoothie Healthy Breakfast| Low Carb & Keto
5 Low Carb Smoothie Recipes | Easy Keto Smoothies
LOW CARB SMOOTHIES: Detox Smoothie Recipes | Fast…
Read Also: Smoothie King Peach Slice Plus Recipe
Carrot And Orange Smoothie
Never had a Carrot and orange smoothie? Well, youve got to try this!
It sounds kind of weird but its actually quite delicious and refreshing. The oranges and carrots make this smoothie you guessed it orange.
They also add lots of sweetness and bulk. In fact, youre getting almost 6 grams of fiber.
So, its good for your gut. The ginger adds a pleasant spiciness to wake you up in the morning.
And the oats make this smoothie nice and thick.
And youre getting all this yummy goodness for just 150 calories.
Ingredients for a glass of smoothie
1 medium carrot
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 tbsp oats
- Sugar: 22g
Low Sugar Smoothies That Taste Amazing
by Lisa Bryandisclosure policyJump to RecipeJump to Video
Are you ready for some healthy low sugar smoothies ? Sugar can easily creep up in smoothie recipes, but today were keeping it in check with low sugar smoothie recipes and some sneaky vegetables.
Now that were in the thick of summer Ive been receiving a lot of requests for smoothie recipes. But particularly for low sugar smoothies.
As you might imagine, many smoothie recipes are loaded with natural sugar from the fruits contained within the smoothie. Now, to be clear, Im not against natural sugar from fruit. But when it comes to smoothies its really easy to over-indulge.
So what smoothies can you enjoy on regular rotation? The ones Im sharing below! Theyre still fruity and have 15 grams of sugar or less per serving. Bonus: you can sneak in some extra veggies. Ill show you how.
Don’t Miss: Vegan Smoothie Smoothie King
Are Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
There are definite health benefits to smoothies. Fiber, antioxidants, calcium, etc The list goes on.
While drinking a healthy smoothie wont induce weight loss in itself replacing a sugary or processed snack with a low calorie smoothie will definitely fill you up, satisfy your sweet tooth and help keep you on the right track.
My Secret Low Calorie Smoothie Ingredient:
One of the ways I keep the calorie count down on my afternoon smoothie is by using Silk Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk. There is also an Almond Coconut Blend for 35 calories and an unsweetened Cashew milk version that is 25 calories.
Depending on the flavor you choose and as long as you stick with the unsweetened, the calories range from 25 to 60 for a full cup!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Ingredients
Ways To Add Protein To Your Smoothies
If youre looking to boost the protein in your low sugar smoothies, here are a few suggestions on ways to do it:
- Nut Butter adds protein and healthy fats with just a single tablespoon.
- Greek Yogurt is a great way to add a creamy, tangy texture.
- Nuts and Seeds provide extra fiber and protein per tablespoon.
- Protein Powder such as whey or plant-based is an easy way to include protein in the mix.
- Collagen Powder boost your protein and supports healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Top Results For Healthy Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
11 Easy Keto Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss – Keto Yum
Copy the link and share
Copy the link and share
Copy the link and share
20 Delicious And Healthy Low Carb Smoothies – Love Bakes …
Copy the link and share
15+ High-Protein Smoothie Recipes | EatingWell
Copy the link and share
8 Best Low-Calorie Smoothies For Weight Loss Eat This …
Copy the link and share
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Immune Builder
Consuming Sugar In Moderation
I think were all aware that excessive sugar isnt the best for your body, but as long as you consume it in moderation, youll be just fine. Ill admit, I love fruit and include quite a bit of it into my weekly meals, but the key is understanding which fruits have higher or lower sugar content. Here is a quick breakdown:
Which Fruits Have High Sugar?
Healthy Low Sugar Smoothies That Taste Awesome
Low Sugar Smoothies are the best way to incorporate fruits and veggies into your diet.
Whether you want to have a smoothie for breakfast or as a snack, this healthy drink has amazing benefits including weight loss, increased energy, and incredible health enhancement.
READ MORE: 40 Low Sugar Smoothie Recipes that contain up to 25g sugar
Sugar in Smoothies can be tricky. Even though you may not add any sugar or other sweetener, your smoothie may end up being high sugar due to the fruits it contains. So, its best to limit the fruits and sneak in some veggies to your drink.
In the list below you can find 25 Healthy Low Sugar Smoothies that have less than 35 gram of sugar.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Arena Events
Low Calorie Smoothie Recipes
These low calorie smoothie recipes prove just that. They all use less than 4 ingredients and most contain fewer than 100 calories per smoothie. These smoothies are thick, creamy, and deceptively filling, and taste so delicious.
Here are the flavor options-
- Strawberry smoothie
- Chocolate smoothie
- Coffee smoothie
What I love about these smoothies is that you can easily customize them while keeping the calories super low! Combine them with other low calorie fruits , low calorie ice cream, or even some low calorie peanut butter!
The Peanut Butter Cup
Like a Reese’s, but without the bad carbs! A classic smoothie for those of us who are constantly craving dessert. To satisfy your sweet tooth, you can either opt for this smoothie, or try any of the 25 Low-Calorie Desserts to Buy Under 150 Calories.
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate plant-based protein powder
NUTRITION: 249 calories / 6 g fat / 20 g carbs / 5 g fiber / 14 g sugar / 30 g protein
Read Also: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
Tips For Making The Best Low Calorie Smoothies:
Low Sugar Fruits For Your Low Sugar Smoothies
Blackberries: No need to worry about a sugar crash, blackberries only provide 7 grams of sugar per cup. Blackberries are important to maintain a healthy digestive system, one cup of blackberries has an average of 7.6 g of fiber and contains half the daily recommended dose of Vitamin C.
Plus they surprisingly have MORE antioxidants than any other common berry! Start your Blackberry craze with Dr. Ben Kims Longevity Smoothie or our Blackberry Vanilla Green Smoothie.
Blueberries: Known as one of the Worlds Healthiest Fruits, blueberries are high in antioxidants essential to optimize health and contain 15 grams of suger per cup. To maximize the health benefits of blueberries, we recommend buying organic. Blueberries mask the taste of green smoothies and makes them very kid friendly recipes.
Cranberries: This Thanksgiving treat should be in your year-round meal plan, with only 4 grams of sugar per cup and the best natural UTI prevention fruit, cranberries are a great addition to any diet.
Granny Smith Apples: Naturally low in sugar content and high in antioxidant levels, 1 medium Granny Smith Apple contains only 10 grams of sugar. This fruit is also high in fiber and potassium, therefore it is recommended for healthy and weight-loss diets. It is one of the top ingredients in many low sugar smoothies.
Recommended Reading: Cancer Fighting Smoothies Recipes
Smoothie Ideas Under 150 Calories
Its 3 pm I dont know about you, but Ive been working hard all day and its time for a snack!
Are you someone who:
Im always trying to eat better/watch what I eat.
One of my favorite snacks to help keep me on track and resist temptation is a fruit smoothie. Smoothies are an excellent way to satisfy a sweet tooth without too many extra calories and they are so good for you too!
Savory Weight Loss Smoothies
A smoothie can be a lot of things: a pre- or post-workout boost, a cold and refreshing thirst quencher, a thick and creamy dessert, a perfectly balanced breakfast. But one thing most of us never think of when we think of smoothies: comfort food.
These recipes, from the book Zero Belly Smoothies, stake out a new territory in the smoothie landscape, a culinary point of departure into a taste realm you might not have considered. While these smoothies are still cold and refreshing, they’re going to taste more like a savory soup than a bright pick-me-up.
- Â¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop plant-based plain protein powder
- 3 ice cubes
- Water to blend
NUTRITION: 232 calories / 2 g fat / 28 g carbs / 3.5 g fiber / 10 g sugar / 26 g protein
Read Also: Brevelle Juicer
Fruit & Yogurt Smoothie
Adding yogurt to a breakfast smoothie is a great way to get a thicker, milkshake-like consistency and will keep you full all morning. I love using plain greek yogurt in my smoothies because it’s relatively low in sugar and extremely high in protein. Combining berries, unsweetened almond milk, and yogurt makes for a delicious breakfast smoothie.
Dietary And Flavor Variations
- Add protein! Make it a low calorie protein smoothie by adding 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder and/or half a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Make it a smoothie bowl. For a low calorie smoothie bowl, add 1 cup of ice to any of the smoothies. You will need to add a sweetener to them to compensate.
- Add sweeteners. For sweeter smoothies without adding calories, you can add some sugar free maple syrup, sugar free honey, sugar free simple syrup or even a brown sugar substitute.
- Add some healthy fats. This gives the smoothies more satiety, protein and fiber. For an extra 100 calories, add a tablespoon of peanut butter, almond butter, or a nut free alternative.
Read Also: Anti Anxiety Smoothie