Tips And Tricks For How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Use your favorite milk for this recipe, I use whole milk because thats what I always have on hand but you can also use low-fat milk or non-dairy milk like almond milk.
- Instead of using a plain yogurt you can also use a strawberry, vanilla, or banana flavored yogurt or greek yogurt.
- You can either add the ice cubes to the blender with all the other ingredients or put them in a glass and serve the smoothie over ice.
- Frozen strawberries work best in smoothies because they are frozen perfectly ripe and make the smoothie thick and frosty.
- The banana should be ripe and have a few brown spots. Ripe bananas are sweeter so you dont have to add extra sweetener to the smoothie. If your banana isnt as ripe as it should be you can add a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
- This recipe makes two big glasses but you can also double the recipe. Just make sure not to overfill your blender!
Why Is This The Best Strawberry And Banana Smoothie
We love this strawberry banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
Top 5 Benefits Of Strawberry Banana Smoothies
Strawberry Banana smoothies are a healthy and nutritious way to enjoy your favorite fruit. They are the perfect healthy breakfast or afternoon pick me up. Here are five amazing health benefits for Strawberry Banana smoothies!
They are high in PotassiumBananas are very rich in potassium which means that it helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate in a natural way. This also means that a strawberry banana smoothie makes for an excellent post workout drink. Potassium is needed for healthy nerves, muscles, and bones. It also helps the body get rid of excess fluids from cells and regulates heart rate and blood pressure.
Recommended Reading: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
How To Meal Prep Your Smoothies In Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.
How To Make A Smoothie With Yogurt
- Step 1 Toss all of the ingredients into a high power blender and press start.
- Step 2 Blend until smooth and chunks are no longer present.
- Step 3 Taste. If you find its not sweet enough, you can add a bit of honey or maple syrup, although I found it was definitely sweet enough without it! The key is using an overripe banana to get that optimal sweetness.
Its that simple!
You May Like: Smoothie King Metabolism Boost Enhancer Ingredients
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This healthy strawberry banana smoothie is made without yogurt and is completely dairy free, paleo and vegan friendly! This nutritious smoothie is made with frozen strawberries, ripe bananas and contains hidden veggies such as cauliflower and beet root powder. It’s an excellent smoothie for kids and adults.
It may still be the middle of winter, but I have been on a smoothie kick lately. And I don’t see it stopping anytime soon!
This healthy strawberry banana smoothie has made a frequent appearance at lunch. As, it’s super easy to throw together, nutritious, delicious AND my kids love it.
I’m always looking for ways to get my kids to happily eat veggies that they don’t love. For instance, the cauliflower in this recipe. This paleo smoothie does the trick since they all enjoy the flavor and texture.
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is paleo and vegan friendly. It is made without yogurt and is completely dairy free. In addition, it contains hidden veggies like cauliflower and beet root powder. Furthermore, this smoothie is made with healthy fats from avocado and hemp seed, which improve the taste, texture and nutrient content.
It’s the perfect smoothie for sharing as a snack or eating on your own as a meal replacement.
Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie, changes the consistency from creamy to icy, and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit if its the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating View
Why We Love This Smoothie
- Balanced: The smoothie contains all four food groups, which makes it a great balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast or snack option. Its very filling so it can serve as a meal all in itself.
- Quick and easy: If youre looking for a quick breakfast on the go, this smoothie will do the trick! It only consists of five simple ingredients , so you can blend it all up in just a few minutes and drink it before you head out the door or on the go.
- Kid-friendly: The vibrant pink colour makes this smoothie really fun, especially for kids! Its a tasty way to incorporate more fibre, protein, calcium and omega-3s into your familys day!
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is quick, easy and refined sugar-free. It is made with clean ingredients like strawberries, yogurt, banana, milk and honey. Learn how to make a homemade smoothie with this healthy grab-and-go recipe!
You are going to adore this strawberry banana smoothie, because it is made using only nourishing ingredients and requires just 5 minutes to prepare. It makes a terrific breakfast or afternoon snack, because the fiber from both the strawberries and banana as well as the protein from the yogurt will keep you feeling full for hours. This clean smoothie is also refined sugar-free, as it is naturally sweetened with fruit and honey.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Parking Cost
How To Make Your Smoothie With Peanut Butter
If you are looking to add some healthy fats to your smoothie then peanut butter is a great option. Peanut Butter works well at keeping your stomach more full for longer. All you really need to do is pick out the brand that you like best, add a few spoonfuls, blend, and enjoy. peanut butter pairs well with lots of d
My Favorite Hack For Making Smoothies
Im sure you know by now that drinking smoothies on a regular basis is super beneficial for your health. However, many people dont drink smoothies often enough because they dont have the time to shop for ingredients, measure them out, and chop them up. If you struggle to drink smoothies regularly due to lack of time, I highly recommend signing up for a smoothie delivery service.
Based on my research, my top choice for healthy, organic smoothie delivery is SmoothieBox. SmoothieBox sends everything you need to make nutritionally-balanced smoothies straight to your front door. To learn more about SmoothieBox and my other favorite smoothie delivery companies, check out this post I wrote: The Best Organic Smoothie Delivery Services. In that article, I review and compare a number of different organic smoothie delivery services based on convenience, price, and quality.
Don’t Miss: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Curl Smoothie
How To Make A Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
You’ll need a high powered blender or food processor to make this smoothie.
First, add all ingredients to the blender. Turn the blender on and blend the ingredients, starting at a low speed and gradually increasing the speed. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides when/if necessary.
Next, pour the smoothie into a couple glasses and serve immediately. Depending on how much liquid you add, this smoothie can be thick like ice cream or thin enough to drink through a straw.
Best Blenders For Smoothies
When making a smoothie recipe at home there are a few ways you can blend it together. Here are the pros and cons of each method:
- High-speed individual blender such as aNutribullet. This option makes for super easy clean-up, but is best for just 1-2 servings.
- Large high-speed blender such as aVitamix. Best for making a large batch, but calls for more cleanup.
- 6 cup+ food processor such as a Cuisinart Food Processor. A last resort since it does not blend up the smoothie as easily, but it will get the job done.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating
How Do You Thicken Smoothies
5 Tips to Make a Smoothie Thicker Use frozen fruit or freeze fruit overnight. I always have a stash of bananas in the freezer because theyre perfect in smoothies! Freeze some of the liquid. Use the minimum amount of liquid. Add a scoop of raw oats or chia seeds. Blend protein powder or greens first.
Ingredients For Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For this recipe you will need these ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries I love buying strawberries when they are in season and freezing them myself, but if you dont have any or they are not in season, use any frozen berry you have on hand.
- Frozen bananas Bananas are one of my favorite fruit to add to smoothies, it adds sweetness and creaminess.
- Milk or water You can use any milk youd like if you decide to go with the milk option. The smoothie will be more rich if you use milk instead of water.
- Greek yogurt Greek yogurt adds creaminess and whole lot of protein to this healthy smoothie recipe.
- Sugar free whipped cream- This is an optional ingredients, but if you want to make a show stopped smoothie, definitely go for it. Top your smoothie with whipped cream and a strawberry slice for a super pretty look.
Do You Add Sweetener To A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I never need it. That is one of the things I love about this smoothie. The banana is enough to make sure everything is sweet and creamy. And usually the strawberries bring some sweetness too.
Many smoothie shops and fast food places add sugar to their smoothies. While I am not opposed to sugar I do not prefer to add it to things when it is not necessary.
You can always taste is first while it is still in the blender. If you want more sweetness, feel free to add some honey, agave, or sweetener of choice and blend for a few more seconds to combine.
They Are Rich In Fiber
Strawberry banana smoothies are rich in healthy carbohydrates and fiber. This means that a strawberry banana smoothie is excellent for filling you up, but not weighing you down. It will give your body the healthy carbs it needs to perform throughout the day without feeling sluggish or bloated! Fiber is great for maintaining your bowel health, helping lower cholesterol, and aids in weight loss.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
All you need is 2 ingredients for the easiest, best strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Its so deliciously simple, youll find yourself making it on repeat.
Heres a smoothie recipe thats almost impossibly simple: this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! All you need is 2 ingredients, plus ice and water. Thats right: two ingredients! Its not often that our recipes are this easythough we do believe in keeping all things pretty simple. Blend up bananas and frozen strawberries and youve impossibly got the perfect smoothie texture and flavor: its creamy, sweet and fruity, with just enough banana essence. No yogurt, milk or sweetener needed! Its truly remarkable. In fact, we might give up our Perfect Strawberry Smoothie in favor of this one.
A Few More Notes On This Recipe
- You could easily substitute another frozen fruit for the frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, or pineapple would all be delicious.
- If youre using only fresh fruit make sure to add a handful of ice to cool the smoothie down and thicken it up!
- If youre using only frozen fruit you may need to add a little extra liquid to make sure the smoothie will move freely through your blender blades.
- This smoothie could be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It wont be as thick if you drink it later but it will still be delicious!
- If you want to add some extra nutrients to this smoothie feel free to throw in some add ins! Chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, and collagen would all be good.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Green Tea Tango Recipe
Our Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Here at SmoothieBox, we’re very excited to announce our new Strawberry Banana smoothie mix. This smoothie is packed with organic fruits, seeds, and veggies like strawberry, banana, sweet potato, hemp seeds, lemon, beetroot, and cauliflower. Here is a breakdown of all of those ingredients and what they can do for you!
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make this homemade smoothie recipe, simply:
Pro Tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a smoothie.
Also Check: Dr Oz Shake Recipes
Strawberry Banana Smoothies: Tips And Tricks
There’s no type of smoothie that is more loved than strawberry banana smoothies. It’s one of the most loved smoothies by both kids and adults. Smoothies are great for your body since they pack in some fruits with a combination of yogurt and milk for a healthy and macro balanced snack or meal. Here are some useful tips and tricks to making a tasty Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Kids Love This Smoothie
All 8 of my kids love this smoothie recipe. They really do. I have one that hates smoothies. Fruit scares him and he even admitted that he likes this yogurt strawberry banana smoothie.
It was so good, my Dakota had to finish the leftovers straight out of the blender. I would say this is definitely a winner!
You need a good blender.
Now that we have talked all about these strawberry smoothies, make sure you invest in a good blender.
I have a Vitamix and I love it. It is old and is still going on strong. It is quite the investment to get one, but it is one investment that wont disappoint. It will be the last blender you ever had to buy. Amazon has several of them on sale right now for a great price.
Now if a Vitamix isnt in your budget, then I recommend a Waring professional blender. They are going to get the job done. Now they are not as great as a Vitamix, but they are the next best for a much more reasonable cost. Amazon has several Waring blenders on sale right now.
Either way, I know you will be able to enjoy a delicious and smooth fruit smoothie with one of these blenders.
Also Check: Smoothie King Positions
Nutrition Details And Health Benefits Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Vitamins and Minerals
- Very Rich In Vitamin C: 112% or 84mg, mostly from strawberries, orange juice and banana
- High In Riboflavin: 27% or 0.3mg, mostly from milk, vanilla yogurt and banana
- High In Vitamin B12: 27% or 0.65ug, from milk and vanilla yogurt
- High In Potassium: 26% or 598mg, mostly from strawberries, banana and milk
- carotenoid: beta-carotene , alpha-carotene and lutein + zeaxanthin , mostly from orange juice, banana and strawberries
- flavonoid: kaempferol , myricetin and quercetin , mostly from strawberries, banana and orange juice
Omega 3 and Omega 6
- omega 6: linoleic acid , mostly from strawberries, milk and vanilla yogurt
- omega 3: alpha linoleic acid , mostly from strawberries, vanilla yogurt and banana
Is A Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Good For You
Yes, this healthy strawberry banana smoothie is definitely a good choice if you want to eat healthier. It would make a great breakfast that is filling but only has about 250 calories for a big glass. Many other recipes add sugar to fruit smoothies but because fruits are already sweet its better for your health to omit the additional sugar. This smoothie is low in fat and high in protein especially if you use greek yogurt.
Read Also: Evening Smoothies For Weight Loss
Strawberry Banana Smoothies With Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a pantry staple that can be used in a variety of dishes, and a strawberry banana smoothie is no exception. Peanut butter is a great smoothie-making tool that can help create an enticing flavor profile while adding healthy fats for energy and protein for muscle recovery, and pairs perfectly with a strawberry banana smoothie. So let’s jump right into it!