Greek Yogurt Milkshake Without Ice Cream
This Greek yogurt milkshakewhich is more tangy than sweetis the perfect treat for those who don’t like their desserts to be overly sweet. In this version of a milkshake, Greek yogurt lends the thickness that ice cream would usually bring to the party. We like to add a handful of chopped strawberries or 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the equation to make this milkshake extra flavorful.
To make a Greek yogurt milkshake: Combine 2 handfuls of ice cubes , 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.
If You Like This Milkshake Then Definitely Check Out My Other Milkshake Recipes
PS: Follow me on or join my for more gardening and recipe updates. If you try this strawberry milkshake recipe, please donât forget to comment and rate this recipe. If you have any questions, please leave a comment, and I will get to it asap. Make sure to follow me for more healthy and delicious ideas!
Get Ready For The Ultimate Delight
If youre struggling to lose weight, ice cream is off the list. However, Im not a big fan of eliminating foods you like from your menu.
But I do know that moderation is the key. So this is what I came up with: a smoothie you can make with ice cream.
The secret to this delightful recipe is more of the healthy stuff and less of the rest.
Therefore, I include a lot of strawberries and bananas in this recipe. And only a few small scoops of ice cream.
I dont recommend this smoothie as an everyday thing. But, as a celebratory reward, its perfect. And there are so many benefits to it that it is totally worth trying.
Read Also: Nutritional Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Warm Up Your Ice Cream
It may seem counter-intuitive, but using ice cream that’s too cold can actually have negative effects on your shake. What you really want is ice cream that’s around 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
The ice cream should be fairly soft, about the consistency of soft-serve. If it’s too hard, you’ll have to add too much milk to thin it out, and that will throw off the ice cream-to-milk ratio.
Your freezer probably keeps ice cream at about zero degrees Fahrenheit, so let it sit out at room temperature for a few minutes to soften up. Not too longyou don’t want it to melt. While you can use an instant-read thermometer to gauge the exact temperature if you wish, once you can scoop it with ease, you’re good to go.
The Secret To A Good Milkshake
One thing that’s very important to remember when making milkshakes is to keep the glasses ice cold. To do so, place the clean glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once you pour the milkshake into the glasses, they would make it even colder and tastier. Try not to skip this step when making a milkshake at home.
Read Also: Smoothies To Build Immune System
Want To Jazz Things Up In This Vanilla Milkshake
You can add some interesting ingredients to make this classic vanilla milkshake differently every time:
- Add a chocolate chip cookie to the rest of the ingredients and blend everything together for a chocolate chip cookie milkshake.
- Sprinkles will give you a birthday cake milkshake!
- Some chocolate syrup inside the glass to make .
The possibilities are endless!
Vanilla Ice Cream No Ice Cream Maker
June 23, 2021
Making Ice Cream at home was a long time dream for me!! I tried this basic Vanilla Ice Cream and it was a super hit at home. This is a simple and creamy ice cream that can be made very easily without an ice cream maker and with just 3 ingredients. The best part is its an eggless and no cook ice cream.. Is that easy and convincing enough to try at home?? Post updated with video.. Do try my strawberry ice cream too.
Here is the video..
Creamy and yummy Vanilla Ice Cream is ready.
Scoop out and serve/enjoy!!
Ice Cream And Milk Ratio
I use the proportion of ¼ cup milk to 3 medium sized ice cream scoops for a thicker, creamier and rich vanilla milkshake. To suit your tastebuds, you can easily change this proportion or ratio.For a less thick shake add ½ cup milk to 3 medium sized scoops.For a thin milkshake add ¾ to 1 cup milk for 3 scoops.
Common Favorite Smoothie Bowl Toppings Are:
- Chopped nuts Brazil, cashew, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios
- Seeds Chia, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, poppy, hemp seeds
- Chopped fruits Kiwi, mango, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana, apple, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, pomegranate
- Coconut Flakes, desiccated, toasted flakes
- Dark chocolate
- Fruit and other superfood powders Acai, blueberry, beetroot, maca, baobab, green superfood powders
- Sugar and palm oil free nut butters Peanut, almond, cashew
- Granola Add this delicious homemade fat burning granola as a topping to make this the perfect breakfast
Recommended Reading: Ingredients For A Smoothie Bowl
The Ultimate Stress And Tension
The holidays can bring huge bouts of stress into your life, whether you want it or not. Thats why I have created this ultimate stress and tension-relieving vanilla ice cream smoothie so that you dont have to worry about spontaneously exploding.
Bananas are loaded with beneficial B Vitamins to soothe the nervous system, and they also contain tryptophan, which converts to serotonin in the brain and makes us sane and moody-free. The main contender in this smoothie, however, is the kava root powder. Kava root is found on the South Pacific islands, and is recognized by the World Health Organization as one of the best anti-stress relieving herbs. If there is any herb you should consume this holiday season, it is definitely kava root!
Tips For Making Amazing Milkshakes
Make sure the ice cream is frozen cold.
The colder the ice cream, the creamier and thicker the vanilla milkshake will be.
Substitute the ice cream for vanilla frozen yogurt, dairy-free frozen dessert.
For a different flavor, just replace the vanilla ice cream with your favorite flavor ice cream and follow the same process.
The best milkshakes are made with milk high in fat, particularly whole milk.
You can use coconut milk or coconut cream.
Low-fat milk doesnt yield a rich and creamy texture.
Add a scoop of malt for a malty vanilla milkshake.
Freeze the milkshake glasses beforehand for at least 10 minutes. I encourage you to not skip this step!
Blend on low speed to keep it thick in consistency
Dont add icewhy would you want to water it down?
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for our favorite milkshake recipe.
Use this recipe as a foundation for many other flavorsjust exchange vanilla ice cream for your favorite ice cream flavor like chocolate, cookie dough, or peanut butter.
Youre ready to indulge.
Try adding chocolate chips, or drizzle with chocolate syrup for a fun garnish.
Also Check: Blender For Smoothies And Shakes
Vanilla Milkshake & How It Is Made
Frozen Banana Nice Cream Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Frozen bananas add body and creaminess to smoothieswhy not use them to do the same in a milkshake? For this healthy dessert, ditch the protein powder and blend up your bananas with the milk of your choice . You can even add additional flavors, such as Nutella, chocolate, or peanut butter.
To make a frozen banana “nice cream” milkshake without ice cream: Combine 2 frozen bananas, 2 cups of milk, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar or 2 tablespoons honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Also Check: Ready To Blend Smoothie Packs
Strawberry With Vanilla Smoothie More Than Just A Yummy Treat
People usually make hearts out of strawberries when making desserts. Its brilliant red color and its cone shape make it fit for a heart design. But did you know that strawberries are really good for the heart? The antioxidants and polyphenols found in strawberries shield the heart from ailments. The antioxidants responsible for the strawberrys red hue, called anthocyanins, help protect the lining of the circulatory system by screening the arteries from plaque build-up. Plus, strawberries are also rich in potassium, a nutrient that helps to balance blood pressure.
Blender Vs Milkshake Maker
So, if you’ve ever been to a diner or a nice ice cream shop, you probably noticed they used a funny little machine with a long metal rod that goes into the cup. That is a milkshake maker. It is specifically made to create the perfect milkshake.
Unlike blenders, it keeps the ice cream thick while completely incorporating the milk. It also aerates the mixture to give it a really nice mouthfeel. It also helps to keep the shake nice and cold unlike blenders which tends to just whir the mixture around and can melt the ice cream a bit too much.
Does this mean you need to invest in a milkshake maker? No way! It’d be nice, sure but who wants an appliance that does only one thing? If you have one, that’s awesome, but if not a blender is just as good to get the job done.
Don’t Miss: How Many Smoothies A Day To Lose Weight
Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Whoever said ice cream is required to make a milkshake has never tried this recipe.
Sure, ice cream-infused milkshakes are seriously delectable, but hey, theres nothing wrong with this lighter version, either.
With whole milk, sugar, and excellent-quality vanilla, you can make a luscious milkshake that tastes as if it came straight out of a diner.
The Many Health Benefits Of A Fruit
As I mentioned earlier, you need plenty of fruit for this smoothie. The ice cream is there as the icing on the cake.
And even though theres little ice cream involved, its taste gets enhanced by the fruits.
In fact, I use strawberries. First, because theyre delicious. Second, because they add natural sweetness to the smoothie. And third, because they are a fantastic source of health.
Rich in vitamin C, they are your immune systems best friend. Add that theres no fat in them whatsoever, and youll see why theyre the main ingredient.
Additionally, I also use bananas. They are great because they stave off hunger. When you eat bananas, you dont need to stuff yourself with food.
Plus, you get the benefit of healthy carbs. Which bananas have plenty.
Ice cream, while not exactly a health food, contains dairy products. So it is a source of calcium, and that is good for your bones.
See here more about the nutritional content and other benefits of the main ingredients in this delicious fruit-based smoothie:
Recommended Reading: Protein Packed Smoothies For Weight Loss
Frozen Fruit Milkshake Without Ice Cream
For this technique, follow the template for the frozen banana milkshake, but use any berries that you have in your freezerstrawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or a medley of various fruits will all work well here.
To make a frozen fruit milkshake without ice cream: Combine 2 cups of frozen fruit, 2 cups of milk, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar or 2 tablespoons honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Vanilla Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Can you make a vanilla milkshake without ice cream? You sure can! Rich, creamy, and decadent, theres nothing vanilla about this vanilla milkshake at all!
While milkshakes typically contain ice cream, you can still make a good one without it. In fact, the original milkshake didnt even have ice cream in it!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
If youre craving a cold and luscious milkshake for dessert but dont want the extra calories, this recipe is all youll need.
With this simple 4-ingredient recipe, youll get to enjoy a sweet treat in just 5 minutes.
Make your day extra special minus the guilt with this ridiculously tasty vanilla milkshake!
You May Like: Smoothie King Healthy Meal Replacement
How To Make A Milkshake
The best part about making a milkshake is that it is totally customizable, depending on the type of ice cream you have in the freezer, what type of milk you like to drink, and your favorite sweet-crunchy-salty-nutty additions. Here’s how you get started to make a single-serving milkshake.
- You can use any type of milk you like , but full-fat milk will give you the thickest, richest results.
- Don’t use heavy cream, thoughit’ll clump up in the blender.
- The better quality the ice cream, the better your milkshake will taste. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but since the ice cream makes up more than half of any milkshake, its quality will affect the flavor and texture.
- If you’re avoiding dairy for any reason, coconut milk ice cream brings a nice creamy smoothness.
- 2 to 3 scoops ice cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- Mix-ins and toppings of your choosing, to taste
How To Make A Really Good Vanilla Milkshake
I make vanilla milkshake on occasions, so thought why not share the recipe. I know you may say it is just ice cream, milk and vanilla. So what is the big deal? to that my answer will be The ratio and quality of every ingredient is important to get a smooth, thicker, creamier and tastier milkshake just like you get in your favorite cafe or restaurant. So lets break it down with the ingredients.
Tips For The Best Shake
- For an even creamier, thicker milkshake, use heavy cream or half-and-half in place of milk.
- If you dont like the ice, add frozen bananas instead. The milkshakes flavor will change, of course, but it will be delicious just the same!
- Use a high-power blender, especially since the recipe calls for lots of ice. Low-quality blenders will struggle in blending the ingredients!
- Freeze the milk before use. This will yield a significantly creamier milkshake.
- Want to keep your milkshake colder, longer? Freeze the serving glasses for at least 15 minutes before use.
- Store leftover milkshake in the freezer for up to 24 hours. Thaw in the fridge for several hours before serving.
- No blender? No problem. Use an immersion blender instead! But youll have to skip out on the ice.
Best Smoothie Bowl Recipes Never Miss Ice
Ahh, the delicious smoothie bowl, how can you not adore it? Perfect for all occasions breakfast, lunch, dinner, a healthy snack, pre or post workout fuel, a Saturday film night treat. The possibilities are limitless.
We promise, you will NEVER miss regular, high sugar ice-cream again once you master the art of these best smoothie bowl recipes.
You May Like: Fruit And Vegetable Combinations For Smoothies
How To Thicken Your Vanilla Ice Cream Keto Coffee Smoothie
You have a few options if you want a thicker smoothie:
- Be patient. The chia seeds will do a good job of thickening the smoothie if you let it sit about 6-8 minutes after blending.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is an awesome keto-friendly food that will do a fantastic job of thickening this smoothie. You can get it here!
How To Make Vanilla Milk Shake
1. In a blender jar take 4 cups vanilla ice cream. The ice cream need not be hard like a rock. So allow it to soften a bit so that you can scoop it easily. 4 cups vanilla ice cream is approximately 12 scoops of ice cream. These are medium or your average sized ice cream scoops. I blended in parts as I have a small blender.
2. Add 1 cup chilled whole milk.
3. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar or as per taste. You can use castor sugar or sugar powder. Sweetness will also depend on the amount of sweetness in the ice cream.
4. Add 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod which has been slit and the beans scraped. Add the scraped beans in the blender. Do not add any ice cubes as they will dilute both the taste and consistency of the milkshake.
5. Blend till smooth.
6. Pour in glasses or jars. Top with your favorite nuts and serve straight away. You can even garnish with some chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, crushed cookies, sweet wafers, whipped cream or berries.
Recommended Reading: Vegetable Fruit Smoothie Recipes Weight Loss
Avocado Milkshake Without Ice Cream
Want a seriously creamy milkshake that will leave you oh-so-satisfied? Meet the avocado milkshake. That’s right: An avocado is the secret ingredient to this silky-smooth concoction.
To make an avocado milkshake: Combine a handful of ice cubes , 2 cups of milk, a peeled and cubed avocado, and 2 tablespoons honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.