Juice Generation Green Guardian Smoothie 20 Oz
175 calories, 8 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 276 mg sodium, 22 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 6 g protein
If you’re lucky enough to live near a location of this nutritious New York joint, guard your waistline with this smoothie. It’s not only a great option on the go, but also an ideal choice if you’re trying to get lean. Juice Generation packs spinach, swiss chard, avocado, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds and strawberries into a snack-sized 175 calories that can increase your fat burning and feelings of satiety thanks to healthy fats from the avocado and seeds. So, don’t let the fact that it sounds like a salad in a glass scare you away. The strawberries add a little sweetness and the avocado makes it feel like a creamy indulgence.
Portable Personal Mini Smoothie Blender: Usb Rechargeable Shake Smoothies Mixer Single Small Size Fruit Juice Blender Battery Operated Individual Juicer Cup For Travel Camping & Outdoor
as of January 20, 2022 8:33 pm
- USB charging designThe rechargeable smoothie blender has a built-in 2000mAh battery, which can be charged through any USB port, such as a power bank, laptop, computer, mobile phone, or other devices.
- Portable designThe juice blender is small and portable. The hand strap design allows you to easily take the portable blender anywhere. You can use and drink at home, office, gym, travel, or any other outdoor activities.
- Safety and HealthThe portable Smoothie mixer is made of PCGT, a food safety material without BPA. High-quality ABS shell, food-grade 304 stainless steel. The small personal blender is a magnetic induction switch, which is super safe to use and clean.
- Simple operationEasy to clean and stir. One key operation is extremely simple. After use, just add clean water, and then run the blender until it becomes clear.
- Powerful functionThis small size blender is equipped with 6 ultra-sharp 304 stainless steel blades and a 7.4V motor. Bring you delicious protein shakes, fresh juices, smoothies, etc. within 40 seconds. The portable blender is the perfect gift choice. Bring joy and healthy drinks to your loved ones. Enjoy fresh nutrition and a relaxing time.
List Of Healthy Superfoods:
- Kale insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. Its mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
- Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
- Cucumber since its 95% water, its an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as its a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Banana an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, its rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
- Chia + Flaxseeds – rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
If you are looking to add fruit and vegetable JUICE recipes to your diet as well, .
For extra detoxification benefits, a lemon turmeric flush first thing in the morning will do the trick. This isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s super simple.
Also Check: Smoothie King Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
Youve Been Making Your Healthy Smoothies All Wrong
Smoothies are quick, convenient, versatile, and packed with nutrients. And while in most areas, its easy to track down a grab-and-go smoothie nearly any time of day, consistently buying healthy smoothies to fuel your daily hustle can be costly. Conveniently, theres no easier way to save some of that extra money you would be spending on a smoothie than to make it at home. But if youre like me, youve found yourself believing some smoothies simply taste better when bought elsewhere.
At first, I thought this idea must just be in my head. Really, how could a smoothie made with the exact same ingredients taste different depending on if I bought it or if I made it at home? Could it be I think it just tastes better because I didnt have to make it and dirty my blender? But even in side-by-side taste tests, some smoothies are objectively better than others. There has to be an explanation for this.
And in fact, there is: some of us have been making our healthy smoothies all wrong.
What’s The Best Time To Drink A Smoothie
The morning is a great time to enjoy a smoothie as it provides a very easy portable breakfast option. Adding something like oats along with fruits and vegetables such as berries and baby spinach can increase your fiber and vegetable intake very quickly. Also, they’re a great way to continue your body’s reparative state from sleeping: “It helps me continue to cleanse from the night before while keeping me full and satisfied for hours,” celebrity nutritionist Kelly LeVeque explains.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Interview Questions
Summer Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Cherries add colour, fibre and important minerals to this delicious fruit smoothie recipe. Berries are in a nutritional league of their own: theyre very low in sugar and absolutely loaded with powerful, health-boosting antioxidants. Summer smoothies on a warm day are hard to beat! But it doesnt have to be summer to treat yourself to these scrumptious summer smoothies. You sure wont regret it.
You could also try adding star anise, ginger, cinnamon powder or angelica.
Tip: Cherries, with their high fibre content, stimulate and cleanse the digestive system. These delicious fruits are also a natural source of melatonin, which helps to establish a healthy sleep cycle. Choose the darker cherries for their valuable mineral content .
The Complete Book Of Smoothies: 115 Healthy Recipes To Nourish Heal And Energize
as of January 20, 2022 8:33 pm
- POWERFUL SMOOTHIE BLENDERSmoothie blender adopts a 350W powerful motor, Max rotating speed of 23000 RPM, with 4 ultra-sharp steel blades, quickly crushing fruits and vegetables, making healthy and deliciously silky shakes and smoothies in as little as 10 seconds.
- COMPACT BLENDERBlender for shakes and smoothies is lightweight, only has 3.25 lb, small compact size saves lots of countertop space, an ideal small blender for home, office. silicone seal ring under the lid prevents leakage and hoop handle for easy carrying.
- EASY TO USE AND CLEANBlender use a simple one-touch operation, plug and play, without settings redundant buttons, as for kids or the elderly, manufacture the favorite smoothie for themselves will become easy. The smoothie cup and blade base can separate, can be cleaned with water directly, or put in the dishwasher to clean.
- STABLE & SAFE BLENDINGBlender stable enough with 4 silicone non-slip feet. Safety switch assures the personal blender only works when the bottle is installed properly in the LOCK place. Built-in overheat protection system, it will stop automatically when the motors temperature gets too high, protect shake blender and the safety of users.
- WHAT YOU GETA 350W motor smoothie blender fuselage, 2 replacement 20 oz BPA-free portable bottles, steel blade base, and user manual.
Also Check: One Day Smoothie Detox
Coconut Blackberry Mint Smoothie
Herbs and other seasonings are a good smoothie addition when you cant use high-carb sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
With fresh mint, blackberries, and high-fat coconut, this smoothie has 12 grams of net carbs and is a tasty way to meet your increased fat needs on the keto diet (
To make one serving, you need:
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 510 mint leaves
Combine in a blender and blend until smooth.
How To A Make A Healthy Smoothie That Will Boost Your Health
If one of your goals this year is to eat more fruits and vegetables, congrats! Eating more produce daily is one of the best ways to get more fiber and disease-fighting nutrients into your diet, and its also fantastic for improving gut health. And one of the easiest ways to add more healthy greens and nutrient-packed fruits into your day is with a healthy smoothie. Just add the ingredients and blend!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Nutritional Information
Panera Bread Superfruit Power Smoothie With Ginseng Small
210 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 75 mg sodium, 34 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 30 g sugar, 14 g protein
Panera may be reinventing their menu, adding trendy dishes like ramen and it ingredients like quinoa, but they’re still Panera Bread Company, and with that titles comes a lot of carbs and sugar. But only if you don’t order right. For a moderate 210 calories, this superfood smoothie boasts an impressive 14 grams of protein. Foods higher in protein take longer to digest, which means your body works harder trying to process them. With fruits like blackberries, cherries, pomegranate and acai juice, this smoothie will also provide your body with a healthy dose of antioxidants, which fight signs of aging and help your body run more efficiently.
What Makes Some Smoothie Options Unhealthy
Even Moon admits it is no easy feat to pick the best store-bought smoothies: “Honestly, most of what you find on grocery shelves includes a lot of filler juices, and it’s challenging to find smart options.”
Sugar, in particular, can be a big concern when selecting a bottled smoothie.
“While smoothies can usually be a great way to get in nutritious micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, the main distinguisher here is sugar content,” states Rachel Fine, MS, RD, CSSD, registered dietitian, and owner of To The Pointe Nutrition.
“Many bottled smoothies contain a heaping dose of sugar . While we definitely want to reduce the overall consumption of added sugar throughout our day, a large dose of sugar can lead to blood glucose spikes soon after consumption.”
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seat Numbers
You’ll Definitely Get Your Daily Dose Of Vitamins
Seeing as the base for a smoothie typically includes at least one serving of fruit , it’s no surprise that a smoothie is often chock-full of vitamins and minerals.
“Drinking a smoothie daily is a great way to pack a ton of nutrients in one convenient way,” says Vive Nutrition founder Andres Ayesta, MS, RD, LD, CSCS, CSSD.
Think of it this way: How likely are you to eat a whole bowl of spinach, a cup of yogurt, and a banana in one sitting? On the other hand, you can toss all those ingredients into a blender, sip them through a straw, and get your daily recommended intake of fruit and veggies for the entire day.
The Best Blender For Smoothies
You do NOT need a fancy schmancy blender to make a good smoothie! I used something similar to THIS $37 blender for years before finally upgrading to my Vitamix. I believe that the best blender for smoothies is the one that you have.
All of that being said, if you find yourself making a lot of smoothies and using your blender on a regular basis then I definitely recommend an upgrade. I have used THIS Vitamix for the past 6 years and absolutely love it. I anticipate it lasting me for a very long time which makes the investment totally worth it!
Here are my blender recommendations from amazon based on your budget:
Recommended Reading: Mielle Curl Smoothie
How To Make Ahead + Store Smoothies
- No time in the morning to whip up a smoothie? NO PROBLEM. You can make most smoothies the night before and store them in the refrigerator.
- To Store. Store blended smoothies in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Place the smoothie in an airtight jar the less air touching the smoothie, the better. Stir before serving.
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, then pour into an airtight freezer-safe mason jar and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Lemon Cucumber Green Smoothie
Keto smoothies made with citrus juice and fruits or veggies that have a high water content can be a refreshing snack or post-workout drink.
In particular, cucumbers are low in carbs and mostly made of water. In fact, 1 cucumber is more than 95% water and has only 9 grams of net carbs .
Combining lemon juice and high-fat milled flax seeds with cucumber makes for a delicious keto smoothie with only 5 grams of net carbs.
Blend the following ingredients to make one serving of this smoothie:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1 cup of spinach or kale
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of milled flax seeds
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Ticket Office
What Smoothie Is Good For Weight Gain At Smoothie King
Strawberry Hulk smoothie does in fact contain almost 1,000 calories and 29 grams of fat, the smoothie is listed as a High Calorie Smoothie and marketed for people who are trying to gain weight. In a letter to ABCNEWS, Smoothie King President and CEO Kevin Donovan points out that this particular item is expressly
Zucchini And Walnut Smoothie
Zucchini is admittedly not a popular food among kids, but it doesnt have to be. There are many ingredients to combine in order to make this vegetable more palatable to them, although its best if they get used to the flavor of healthy foods, after all.
To make this lifesaving smoothie, blend a whole zucchini combined with a cup of almond milk, some dates and walnuts and half a banana. You can also use vanilla or sprinkle some cinnamon.
Smoothie Bowl Health Benefits
Since now you know that a smoothie bowl is essentially a smoothie with toppings, here are some health benefits of smoothie bowls.
Nutrient Dense: Because smoothie bowls are made with such nutrient dense foods like frozen fruit, greens, seeds, and nuts, they pack in a mighty amount of nutrients and antioxidants.
Packed with Protein: in pretty much any smoothie bowl recipe, you can easily sneak in a serving of protein powder to really amp up the protein intake of your meal. Check out our top protein powder recommendations.
Fruits & Veggies: we all know that smoothie bowls are made with the base of fruit, but you can easily sneak in a serving of veggies too! Our top 3 are: spinach, frozen cauliflower , and kale.
Easily Vegan & Gluten-Free: Since most smoothie bowls are made from whole foods, they are easily vegan and gluten-free friendly.
Kid-Friendly: what kid doesnt love a meal that tastes like dessert?! Smoothie bowls are an easy way to get your kids to eat fruit and veggies!
Evolution Fresh Organic Super Fruit Greens Smoothie
“It’s not often that you’ll find a green smoothie that’s not sweetened with any added sugar. This smoothie is made with all fruits and veggiesincluding kale and romaine lettuceand contains spirulina and chlorella for a natural color boost,” explains Amy Gorin, MS, RDN, owner of Amy Gorin Nutrition in the New York City area.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Protein Shakes
How To Make A Smoothie
Im a BIG fan of smoothie recipes that are EASY and simple. To me, half the point of a smoothie is to have a delicious and nutritious meal/ snack that can be made in 5 minutes TOPS.
So making a healthy smoothie is easy around here. Step 1: gather your ingredients. Step 2: add those ingredients to your blender. Step 3: BLEND until creamy, adding a little extra liquid if needed to get your blender going. Step 4: Pour and ENJOY!
Its absolutely that easy to make a smoothie which is why I LOVE having them on a daily basis.
If youre brand new to smoothies: I suggest following a few recipes first. Once youve made a good handful of them, you can start really experimenting with new flavor combos and ratios of ingredients. Have fun with it!
Looking to add more greens to your smoothies?? Try freezing the greens using THIS TUTORIAL!
Autoimmune Disease Healthy Journey:
Here is where I am going to get a little personal. I was a healthy and active girl when I got hit with an autoimmune disease that rocked my world. I visited the doctor and he performed an insane amount of blood tests to figure out what was going on with my body.
I was dealing with the debilitating effects of several autoimmune diseases — rheumatoid arthritis and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis diseases, among others.
I didn’t think I would be dealing with arthritis in my 30’s! My weight had even skyrocketed for no apparent reason .
After many blood tests confirmed I was dealing with several autoimmune issues, I was referred to both a rheumatologist and endocrinologist to deal with the effects of my immune system going haywire. The specialists wanted to put me on a host of medications to help with the swelling and inflammation, all with a list of negative side effects. I felt as if I was ALWAYS at the doctor. I didn’t want to just put on a band-aid.
I went home and my husband and I just sobbed together on the couch , afraid of what the future might hold. After a good cry, I felt determined to figure out what the ROOT cause of my health issues was. I started studying like crazy. I began driving around to every library in town, picking up stacks of health books, and researching everything I could about my disease. I became a full-on nerd!
Here are some of the healing vitamins, herbs and supplements that have helped me with my autoimmune diseases:
Also Check: Mielle Organics Curl Smoothie