Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie changes the consistency from creamy to icy and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit if its the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
How To Make Dairy
Making this breakfast smoothie is so easy, just add everything to the blender and blend.
Prepare the fruits
To start with, first clean and wash all the berries. Use 1 tablespoon of vinegar in 4 cups of water and soak all berries for 2-3 minutes. Drain all the water and now berries are ready to use.
Add in blender
Now add mixed berries, banana, almond milk & chia seeds in a high-speed blender and blend till smooth & creamy texture . Adjust the thickness as per liking. Add more milk if you want a thinner consistency.
Pour the smoothie into glasses and add toppings like strawberry, blueberry, or blackberry . You can even add crushed dry fruit on top before serving. However, these toppings are completely optional.
Enjoy this healthy breakfast mixed berry smoothie with almond milk.
Why Add Almond Butter
I like almond butter in smoothies for the creaminess and flavour it adds. In addition, almond butter also contains calcium, zinc, iron, folate, niacin, phosphorus and magnesium. As an alternative to almond butter, you could also use whole almonds or any other nut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax or even avocado.
Adding some healthy fats along with the carbohydrates from the berries and banana can help slow digestion resulting in more stable blood sugar levels after drinking this smoothie. And finally, including a source of fat with vitamin and mineral-rich foods can help improve the bioavailability of fat-soluble nutrients.
My top pick for this smoothie as an alternative to almond butter would be hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are one of my favourite nutrition boosters. Theyre high in essential omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, iron, magnesium and zinc, they have anti-inflammatory properties and they add a bit of extra plant-based protein. If you want to try hemp seeds, Id recommend using 2 tbsp to replace the 1 tbsp of almond butter.
Don’t Miss: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Curl Smoothie
Ingredients In This Almond Milk Smoothie
There are lots of different ways to make an almond milk smoothie: this ones our favorite! You cant go wrong with strawberry banana, that classic crowd-pleasing flavor. Our three year old absolutely loves this smoothie, which makes us confident you will too. Heres what you need to make our favorite smoothie with almond milk:
- Frozen strawberries : Frozen strawberries add just the right texture. Theyre easy to find at the store and great to store for making on demand smoothies.
- Fresh banana: We always have bananas at our house, but we never remember to freeze them. So we always use room temperature bananas in our smoothie recipes.
- Almond milk : Use plain or unflavored almond milk. Vanilla also works, but we like using almond milk with no artificial flavors.
- Ice: Ice adds just the right frozen texture to this fruity puree.
What Protein Powder Is Best For Smoothies
Eeeeverybody has their opinion on protein powder. We talk a lot about our favorite protein powders in this Guide to the Best Protein Powder. However, taste buds, dietary restrictions, and definitions of clean eating are so different for everyone!
Personally, we love SFH Pure Whey Vanilla Protein Powder for whey protein and Garden of Life Raw Organic Vanilla Protein Powder for our vegan protein option. They taste great in smoothies and both have clean ingredient labels.
What Protein Powder Should I Use for This Smoothie? Great news is, ANY vanilla protein powder will work for this smoothie. You do you and use your favorite protein in this triple berry smoothie! We support you completely.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
Why Use Almond Milk In Smoothies
Almond milk is a dairy free, plant based milk thats made with almonds and water. Its great for using in smoothies because its a dairy free milk that helps to achieve a creamy texture. Here are a few notes about using almond milk in smoothies:
- Can you taste almond milk in smoothies? Not really! Most almond milk has a very neutral flavor, so its virtually imperceptible in a smoothie.
- Does almond milk make smoothies thicker? No. Almond milk is a good liquid that helps smoothies blend, but its texture is closer to water than milk. By itself, it does not lend creaminess to a smoothie. But in concert with other ingredients, it helps to form just the right smoothie texture.
Whats In An Almond Milk Smoothie
This smoothie is loaded with berries, banana, and almond milk. Feel free to use the berries of your choice. If youd like a lower sugar option, then use 1/2 banana and 1/4 cup cauliflower. This keeps the sweetness yet cuts back on the natural sugar.
Make sure to use unsweetened almond milk in this smoothie, as sweetened almond milk often has gums + additives that the body doesnt need. If you love the idea for this smoothie but need an almond-free option, then keep reading!
Don’t Miss: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Sowhat Do You Put In A Healthy Smoothie
FRUIT Stick with low sugar fruits like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
FIBER Chia seeds, flax seeds, flax meal
GREENS/VEGGIES spinach, kale, microgreens, chard, zucchini, cauliflower
PROTEIN collagen powder, protein powder
SUPERFOOD ADD-INS Maca, ashwagandha, cacao nibs, cinnamon
Triple Berry Smoothie Recipe
This triple berry smoothie is a go-to quick breakfast our entire family loves. Made with fresh or frozen berries, banana, and yogurt for a delicious combination of flavors.
Hello, lover. This mixed berry smoothie is easily my all-time favorite. Ever. It has slowly surpassed our love for the classic peach smoothie we love so dearly.
It has the perfect combination of mixed berries, banana, yogurt, splash of milk, and sometimes even spinach! Yes, I said it Spinach is the BEST add-in for this smoothie recipe.
Oh, and my smoothie hating ten year old BEGS me to make this for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. So loading it up with fruit and a good ol handful of spinach has me feeling like I am killing this whole parenting thing.
You May Like: Smoothie King Vegan Mango Kale
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk
This Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk is healthy and makes an easy breakfast or snack for adults and children. It is light but yet packed with delicious flavor. Easily make this Vitamix Blueberry Smoothie with fresh or frozen berries, yogurt, almond milk, flax seeds, and banana. A fun and healthy way to start the day!
Savory Thoughts: There are no boring situations, just bored minds.
Can I Make This Smoothie Dairy Free
If you need to, you can easily leave the yogurt out of this smoothie and it will still be delicious! You could substitute half a ripe banana to add a bit of extra creaminess instead. If you would like to include yogurt but still want to keep this smoothie dairy-free, you can use your favorite dairy-free Greek yogurt.
Also Check: Live Pure Superfood Smoothie Cubes
How To Make Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
Gather all of the ingredients and place them in your preferred blender.
For this recipe, I used my Vitamix to make this recipe.
Place all of the ingredients in the Vitamix, start blending at the lowest speed then gradually increase the speed to the highest speed. Blend for 45-50 seconds or a little longer to make sure all of the fruits are blended.
Serve cold. Enjoy!
Easy as 1-2-3! See full directions below.
Let me know if you made this Blueberry Smoothie recipe? Tag me on or and please give it a star rating below!
SAVE THIS BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE WITH ALMOND MILK TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
ALSO, I AM ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES, !
How Do You Make A Mixed Berry Smoothie
This mixed berry smoothie is simply frozen berries, banana, vanilla Greek yogurt, liquid of your choice, and sweetener if you desire. I buy bags of mixed frozen berries and always have a few in the freezer for when a smoothie craving strikes. I typically make these smoothies with apple juice as it eliminates the need to add any sweetener later on. Other liquid choices are skim milk, almond milk, coconut milk or even a cranberry juice would be nice. When I do sweeten smoothies, I typically reach for a little honey. Like I said, its really not needed here if youre using juice, but you may want to add some if you go with a less sweet liquid like skim milk.
I have an insanely picky 3 year old, and on days when I cant get her to eat more than 2 bites of anything, these mixed berry smoothies are a lifesaver. Nutrients, protein, fiber and they happen to be her favorite color, bright pink! So while this may be a simple recipe, its definitely worthy of sharing for all of you out there who are trying to get your families to eat healthier. Hope you enjoy!
Still hungry? Follow Dinner at the Zoo on , , and for more great recipe ideas!
Also Check: Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Healthy Almond Milk Smoothie
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Sharing is caring!
Almond Milk Smoothie that is healthy, easy and great for a quick breakfast. If you are looking for a fruit smoothie with almond milk, you’ll love this recipe.
How To Make This Mixed Berry Smoothie
Step One: Start by adding the pineapple juice and orange juice to the bottom of a high-powered blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen mixed berries, and Greek yogurt to the blender.
Step Three: Now, add any additional ingredients you would like to include like protein powder.
Step Four: Blend everything for 30 seconds to a minute until the smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Tasty Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Does Almond Milk Taste Good In Smoothies
The very simple answer to whether almond milk tastes good in smoothies is: YES! Almond milk is a hands down winner when it comes to smoothies.
I love adding almond milk into smoothies because it’s a dairy-free and a plant-based alternative that tastes great.
Faqs About Berry Smoothies
What can I add to smoothies?
I mention that you can add protein powder and spinach to this berry smoothie recipe, but there are so many wonderful, nutrient-rich foods you can add to any smoothie! Here are some suggestions: Nut butters – for a little fat and protein.Chia seedsMaca powder
Do you put ice in smoothies?
I suggest NOT putting ice in this smoothie because it waters down the flavors. Instead, use frozen fruit for a thick, cold smoothie.
Are berry smoothies healthy?
This berry smoothie is packed full of nutrients, antioxidants, protein and fiber.
If you make something from JoyFoodSunshine I would love to see your creations. Follow along with me on , , , and . Tag me in your photos #joyfoodsunshine @joyfoodsunshine Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below.
You May Like: Smoothie Vending Machine For Sale
Ingredients To Make Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Mixed berries: You can use fresh or frozen mixed berries, but I prefer to use frozen since they give the drink a thick and creamy texture without using ice. The berries add lots of Vitamin C to this smoothie recipe.
- Bananas: Again, you can use fresh or frozen bananas, but its easier on the blender if not all the fruit is frozen.
- Greek Yogurt: It adds creaminess and a good source of protein to the mixed berry smoothie. But you can substitute more milk or a vegan yogurt if you prefer.
- Almond Butter: This is a great option for adding extra fat and fiber to the smoothie. Nut butters can really enrich the nutrition of a smoothie to make them more satiating.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk that youd like or you can even use water if youd prefer. You just need some liquid to get the blender going.
Put all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste the smoothie and add more mixed berries if its too thin or additional milk if it is too thick. You can also add some sweetener if you prefer it to be sweeter. The recipe makes enough for two 12 ounce cups, which is whats pictured.
What better way to level up your health than with a fresh and delicious meal-in-a-glass! Frozen banana, almond butter and almond milk add the perfect amount of creaminess with a zest of nutty flavor to my family-adored triple berry smoothie.
What Do You Put In A Berry Smoothie
- Berries! I often buy a mixed blend bag that has strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries in it. But you can make your own mix.
- Some sort of protein. You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter. Or swap the hemp hearts for chia seeds or flax seeds.
- A banana. I always add a banana to my smoothies as it makes them creamier and adds a lot of natural sweetness.
- Greens. Not a ton as this isn’t a green smoothie. But adding a handful of spinach or kale is a great way to boost the nutrition.
- Water. I avoid eating dairy as much as possible so I would never add milk to a smoothie. Water works just as well and is much healthier!
I like to keep my freezer stocked with bags of frozen berries, greens, and bananas. When bananas start to get a little too ripe on my counter, I’ll peel them and put them in a bag in my freezer. And if any of my salad greens start to wilt, I’ll pop them in the freezer and use them for smoothies instead.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEALâS NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Read Also: How To Make A Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
Recipe: Delicious Mixed Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk
Love smoothies? Then youll love this recipe for my mixed berry smoothie with Almond milk. Smoothies made of berries are great to help boost your immune system as they are rich in vitamin C and healthy antioxidants. For my berry smoothie I use fresh or frozen strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries and a frozen banana to give the smoothie a creamy taste. I also use vanilla almond milk for protein and vitamin D.
I usually get on my smoothie routine after the holidays, vacation, or when trying to shed a few pounds. Ill swap out lunch or breakfast for a smoothie. They keep me full, help me get needed nutrients, and are generally just great for breakfast or lunch on the go.
Why You’ll Love This Almond Butter Smoothie
- It’s sweet from all the berries. Read: no added sugar!
- Almond butter and hemp seeds give it more than 12 grams of protein to keep you full all morning.
- There’s a handful of spinach hiding in here but it doesn’t taste like a green smoothie.
- It’s a healthy vegan + paleo + gluten-free breakfast.
- Perfect for filling up on fruits and veggies without feeling like you just ate half of your daily minimum.
My brain takes a while to turn on in the morning. Sound familiar? I used to have one of those jobs where I would have to get up far too early in the am, run around the house getting ready like some sort of early morning zombie woman, then try to pretend for the next few hours that I wasn’t really still sleeping in my head. I wish I had known about the amazing power of smoothies then.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Tasty Smoothie
Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
Start your day the right way with this Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe. It’s packed full of frozen berries, banana, and some hemp seeds and almond butter to help keep you full. There’s even a little spinach in here, but you’ll never taste it. It’s delicious!
Who loves starting their day with a healthy and delicious smoothie? I picture hands raising all over this world. This almond butter smoothie is about to become your new favorite!
At least 50% of why I love smoothies so much is the mindlessness of them. Throw a few things in your blender, turn it on, and breakfast is made.
In less than 5 minutes you can have a sweet and delicious berry smoothie ready to carry around the house with you as you get ready in the morning. AND it’s chock full of fruit, veggies, and just enough healthy fats to keep you full. It’s a serious win.
How To Make Mixed Berry Smoothie
Making this thick frozen berry smoothie is quite easy. It will take you 5 minutes and all you need is a good blender.
- Start with preparing and measuring all the ingredients. I like to use measuring cups.
- Take the blender and add all ingredients. Note: add wet ingredients first for easier blending. Also, add in ice cubes, if using.
- Mix everything at high speed until you get a smooth silky texture.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid milk or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
- Taste the smoothie and add additional sweetener if the smoothie is not sweet enough to your taste.
- Transfer the smoothie into a smoothie glass.
- ADD TOPPINGS: I used whipped coconut cream and cacao nibs. Be creative here and add toppings you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 1 serving that serves 1 person as a full meal, or 2 servings as a snack.
Read Also: Best Blender For Personal Smoothies