Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie
This vegan, gluten-free breakfast smoothie is perfect for cold mornings when youre craving a fall treat. Dont worry: Theres no caramel in this recipe. Instead, this blogger subs in dates to add natural sweetness, along with antioxidants, fiber, and minerals. Rolled oats also pack fiber and protein, while apples and cinnamon give that undeniably heartwarming taste. This dreamy mixture sits in the fridge overnight, saving you so much time in the mornings.
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
Creamy almond butter offers healthy fats, while coconut water helps restore electrolytes after a tough workout. Greek yogurt and a scoop of whey keep the protein content high.
In a blender, add 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp. almond butter, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup ice. Process until smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 329 calories, 17 g fat, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs , 15 g sugars
Are These Smoothies Filling Enough For Breakfast
While not all smoothies may provide you with enough fuel for breakfast, the recipes included in this roundup certainly do!
We all have different needs, but I personally love having these smoothies to start my day. They usually keeps me full well until lunch time .
What makes these smoothies filling enough for breakfast?
*Please do not fear calories! We NEED calories to fuel every. single. function. in our bodies from keeping our hearts beating, our lungs breathing, our digestive systems working, and to performing our daily tasks. Meals that are low in calories or high in empty calories will make you hungry so much faster, often leading to overeating later on in the day.
**While these smoothies may be a complete meal for most, its important to remember that we all have different needs . If you dont find them filling enough, its 100% ok to eat more for breakfast afterwards!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
What Makes These Smoothies Healthy
As a registered dietitian, Ive made sure that all of the smoothie recipes shared here meet the following requirements that make them a healthy option:
Detox Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds
If you havent tried chia seeds yet, heres a great opportunity. These tiny but mighty seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for your heart. They also help you stay fuller longer, thanks to its plant protein power. Combined with spinach, unsweetened almond milk, frozen pineapple, and naturally sweet banana, this tasty mixture is the ultimate breakfast treat.
You May Like: Mielle Curl Smoothie
Green Tea Blueberry And Banana Smoothie
To prepare this smoothie featuring antioxidant-rich green tea, simply heat 3 Tbsp. of water in a bowl in the microwave until its steaming hot. Then, add 1 green tea bag and allow it to brew for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bag and stir in 2 tsp. honey until it dissolves. Combine 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, 1/2 medium banana, and 3/4 cup calcium-fortified light vanilla soy milk into a blender. Add the tea and process all ingredients until smooth.
Nutrition :269 calories, 2.5 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 63 g carbs , 38.5 g sugars
What Do You Put In A Breakfast Smoothie
- Healthy Fats. Your favorite nut butter, coconut milk, or chia seeds. This makes the smoothie more satisfying and keeps you full between meals. Keep portions in mind I usually add about 1 tablespoon.
- Protein and Fiber Additions. Greek yogurt or your favorite protein powder are easy ways to make breakfast protein smoothies. A tablespoon of oatmeal adds fiber.
- Fruit. Breakfast fruit smoothies are always a crowd-pleasing choice. Strawberries and blueberries are my go-tos. Bananas make smoothies naturally sweet. Mango and pineapple can hide the taste of greens. Unexpected fruits like apples or watermelon can be scrumptious too.
- Vegetables. Spinach, kale, avocado, carrots, and even beets can all be added to smoothies.
- Flavor Additions. Vanilla, cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, and dates are all excellent ways to give your smoothie more flavor.
- Liquid. Unsweetened almond milk is my favorite for smoothies. You can also use juice , a different kind of milk, coconut water, or even plain water.
Recommended Reading: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
A Tropical Smoothie Breakfast
- This Breakfast Smoothie is a great one for an easy fruit smoothie that will make you feel like you are on an exotic vacation!
- The pineapple juice gives it a tropical feel, while the banana makes it filling too.
- You could also add some chia seeds to make it even more filling too.
- I like to garnish mine with a sliced whole strawberry to make it look extra fancy for the kids.
A tropical breakfast smoothie will chase your winter blues away!
Tips For Great Breakfast Smoothies
The collection of breakfast smoothie recipes combines fruits, veggies and all of the colors of the rainbow!
- All you need is fresh or frozen fruit or ice cubes, liquid and a blender.
- If you have fruit that is about to go bad, chop and freeze for smoothies.
- Keeping a banana or two in the freezer ensures theyre extra thick and frothy.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Green Tea Tango Recipe
Can You Freeze Smoothies
Yes you can freeze smoothies! Its a great way to include them in your breakfast meal prep if your mornings are a rush. Heres how you can do it:
That said, these smoothie will keep for about 1-2 days in the fridge. Simply pour it into a jar with a lid and refrigerate. Separation is normal just give the jar a good shake or put it in the blender again!
Yellow Fruit And Turmeric Smoothie
Turmeric is a time-honored superfood with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Powered by curcumin, one of its primary substances, the spice may help boost memory, ease joint pain, lower the risk of certain cancers, and lessen the symptoms of depression. What are you waiting for? Make this smoothie thats bursting with the stuff.
Also Check: King Center Ticket Office
Recommended Tools For Making Smoothies
- Blender. I more recently purchased this high-powered blender, and it makes everything very smooth and creamy. This more economical blender optionis also great, though you may need to add more liquid or add the frozen fruit more slowly.
- Stainless Steel Straws. These stainless steel strawsmake everything you drink through them taste so refreshing. I try to keep some in my purse, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw when Im out. Theyre great for taking smoothies to go as well.
- Opaque Cup. A great way to make green-colored breakfast smoothies for kids.
Now, lets get to those healthy breakfast smoothies!
Easy Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Whether youre trying to eat healthier in the New Year or youre finding this roundup of healthy smoothie ideas in the midst of a summer heat wave, I promise this list of smoothie recipes will not disappoint.
When prepping my healthy morning smoothies, I want them to tick a few key boxes. They need to be tasty, easy to prepare, healthy, and filling.
I dont like the type of smoothies that leave you feeling hungry an hour later. What was the point of dirtying my blender then?
Below are my all-time favorite easy, healthy smoothie recipes. Once youve made all the smoothies on this list, check out my smoothie recipe archives for even more healthy breakfast smoothies!
Read Also: Keto Champ Berry Net Carbs
Tropical Lava Flow Smoothie
This Lava Flow Smoothie is fast, easy, healthy, refreshing, and tastes wonderful. Its so creamy and tropical-tasting and it looks cool!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
originally published January 1, 2015 June 10, 2021//69
How To Make Ahead + Store Smoothies
- No time in the morning to whip up a smoothie? NO PROBLEM. You can make most smoothies the night before and store them in the refrigerator.
- To Store. Store blended smoothies in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Place the smoothie in an airtight jar the less air touching the smoothie, the better. Stir before serving.
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, then pour into an airtight freezer-safe mason jar and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Read Also: Smoothie King Slogan
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this apple smoothie. Fresh apples blend into smoothies easily. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too.
- For a regular blender, I owned this option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- Dont miss these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a straw.
This healthy apple smoothie is here to ease you into autumnbut dont be surprised when you fall for it head-over-heels!
^^ Couldnt resist! Cover your groan with a big sip of smoothie and forgive me for my love of terrible puns?
Blueberry Coconut Milk Smoothie
- My Blueberry Coconut Smoothie, with its vanilla yogurt and chia seeds, is a great one for added protein.
- The coconut milk makes it extra creamy and smooth, and the chia seeds make it extra filling too!
- Chia seeds added to any fruit smoothie will keep you feeling full longer and help you make it to lunch
- For a little texture and crunch, add some coconut chips on top.
You May Like: Slim N Trim Strawberry
Easy Healthy Smoothie Recipes
This collection of 14 dietitian-created easy, healthy smoothie recipes will show you that smoothies can be one of the BEST ways to start your day! These smoothies are designed with balanced nutrition in mind, which make them a filling breakfast complete with fiber, protein, healthy fats, and energizing carbs. All recipes are gluten-free with many vegan options.Enjoy!
Its no secret that smoothies are one of my favourite breakfast options, all year long. Theyre such an awesome way to pack in a ton of nutrients and even veggies first thing in the morning.
I so hope you enjoy these smoothie recipes as much as I do. If you try any of them or have any future smoothie recipe requests, please let me know in the comments!
In this post, Ive rounded up 14 healthy smoothie recipes from my blog and also shared some details if youd like to explore the following:
Preparing Apples For Smoothies
You dont need to peel apples to make an apple smoothie. In fact, I recommend NOT peeling the apples, since the peels contain vitamins, fiber, and nutrients.
To prepare an apple for smoothies:
- Wash and dry the apple. Leave the peel on.
- Stand the apple on its base. Place your knife on top, near the stem. Cut straight down along the core. The first side of the apple will come off. Set it aside.
- Lay the apple flat, cut-side down. Cut off the right and left sides, keeping your knife as near the core as possible.
- Turn the apple and cut off the one remaining side. You should have a long, rectangular piece that contains the core, and 4 nice big chunks .
- Discard the core .
- Cut the four pieces into 1-inch chunks.
- Add to your blender with the other ingredients, and make yourself a delicious apple smoothie!
You May Like: Tropical Smoothie Bradlee Shopping Center
My Favourite Blender To Use
Speaking of blenders, a quality high-speed blender can make a great investment if you make smoothies regularly. I completely understand this isnt an option for everyone, but I wanted to share my personal favourite blender in case you were interested.
I hope you found some inspiration from this list of Healthy Smoothie Recipes! If you make any of these recipes, dont forget to tag me on or seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
How To Make A Green Smoothie For Weight Loss
Smoothies are a great breakfast option if you are looking to lose some weight. They are light and fresh and loaded with healthy ingredients. The only problem is some smoothies can be loaded with a ton of sugar and some smoothies you buy at a smoothie shop are way oversized, so you want to make sure your green smoothie is well balanced.
- To keep sugar to a minimum, try adding less than 1 cup of fruit in total to your smoothie.
- Use ingredients like frozen cauliflower or frozen zucchini to help bulk up your smoothie.
- Then for the liquid, avoid adding juice which has a ton of extra sugar, and instead opt for some sugar-free nut milk or water.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Rows
Why Make Breakfast Smoothies
Best flavor combo: The combination of strawberries and bananas + protein powder + oatmeal + peanut butter is just the perfect mix to kick-start your day.
Healthy breakfast idea: this healthy breakfast is high protein, made with real fruit, and packed with healthy fats.
High protein: 12g protein/serving. Yes, please!
Green Smoothie Ingredients & Substitutions
- Banana: this makes a great base for the smoothie and really covers up the taste of any greens. Its best to go for frozen bananas to create a really thick and creamy smoothie. Sub out bananas for frozen avocado or coconut meat.
- Mango: this is another one of my favourite ingredients to use in smoothies. Again, using frozen mango can help to give your smoothie a creamy texture. Mango is also packed with vitamins and the perfect fruit to enjoy in the morning! Substitute with pineapple or frozen cauliflower
- Spinach: the greens! Spinach is the simplest go-to green to use for a green smoothie. It doesnt have a strong or overpowering taste and blends up easily.You can swap this out for kale if you prefer
- Chia seeds: You know Im a big fan of chia seeds for all their amazing health benefits! Chia is great to add to a smoothie for some omega-3s and fibre. Chia also helps keep you feeling full. You can sub the chia seeds for flax seeds.
- Almond milk: If you can, go for some homemade almond milk for the best taste. You can also substitute any type of plant-based milk you love. My other favourite to use is coconut milk!
Recommended Reading: Sipping Pretty Palette
How To Make The Best Detox Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to add a nutrient boost to your meal, and this recipe and guide from The Blender Girl is an excellent resource for crafting your own detox smoothie. Whether you went overboard during the holidays or youre just looking for an immune system boost, this guides here to make sure your detox doesnt feel like detox.
The Secret To Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
The secret formula for healthy breakfast smoothies is:
- healthy carbohydrate
- fiber in the form of fruit and vegetable
Many delicious smoothies are all fruit and thus high in sugar and carbs and not very healthy at all.
On the other hand, many healthy smoothies are all veggies and powdered superfoods and not yummy at all, plus, super expensive.
So how can we achieve the best of both worlds? Healthy AND yummy breakfast smoothies at the same time?
Its much simpler than you think. Just follow the formula and youll nourish your body through and through. No need for expensive superfoods, unless you love them in your smoothies of course 🙂
Read Also: Detox Organics Recipes