Berries + Kefir + Chia Seeds
Kefir acts as a protein source and the liquidâso you can get creative with additional nutrition boosts like chia seeds if you want! Adding one ounce of chia seeds offers a whopping 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon. So trust me, a little goes a long way!
If you want your smoothie extra thin, add a couple of tablespoons of milk or water until it’s your desired consistency. If you like your smoothies thick, throw in a handful of ice cubes instead. Chia seeds absorb water over time, so if you’re not going to be downing this right away, add a little more liquid than you normally would.
- 1 cup berries of your choice
- 1 cup kefir
Expert Breakfast Smoothie Tips
- Use frozen banana or frozen mango, or both for this smoothie. Having at least one type of frozen fruit will help the smoothie blend up into a thick and creamy smoothie. If you use all fresh fruit, the smoothie will have a thin texture.
- If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, use a riper banana. If you prefer a less sweet smoothie, use a less ripe banana.
- Always add liquids to your blender first, followed by seeds, then greens, then the fruit on top. This will allow the blender to blend more easily.
Smoothie Alternatives For Breakfast
Rather than drinking your calories in a smoothie, start your day with hearty foods that will keep you full for a long time and promote healthy weight loss. Best Breakfasts for Weight Loss
And though home-blending your fruits and vegetables is better than buying these store-bought, refined-fiber smoothies, its likely not as beneficial as eating your fruits and veggies whole, especially if youre trying to peel off pounds.
Explains Gomer: The impact of blended fiber on satiety is almost surely less than if the same fiber is consumed as a solid food.
Read Also: Smoothie King Green Tea Tango Recipe
Also Check: Smoothie At Night For Weight Loss
How Much Weight Loss If You Drink Green Smoothies For 1 Week
Incorporating drinking one smoothie a day will not miraculously help you lose weight or burn fat. For you to actually lose weight you must first adjust your overall diet:
- Reduce your calorie intake by 500 to 1000 a day for a sustainable pace of weight loss
- Eat more protein. It can increase your metabolism, helping you burn more calories during digestion and while at rest, and it can also keep you fuller for longer, enabling you to stay at a calorie deficit. Eating enough protein combined with strength training exercises can also help prevent muscle loss while you are losing weight.
- Drink more water. Not only is it a natural appetite suppressant, but it can also temporarily boost your metabolism.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber in your diet will not only help with your bowel movements, but it also helps keep you full as it takes longer to digest. Most of us dont eat the recommended amount of fiber and could benefit from increasing our intake.
- Avoid simple carbs. They are full of empty calories and high in sugars, two factors that will only serve to increase your weight.
- Eat more complex carbs. Not only are they higher in nutrients, but also fiber which is known to help with weight control.
- Workout. For at least 30 minutes a day. Combine cardio and strength training workouts which help you burn calories and build muscle.
Wicked Weight Loss Smoothies Whizz Your Way To Weight Loss
This post may contain affiliate links, so if you buy from a link we may earn a commission at no cost to you
Weight loss smoothies can help you to lose weight in a healthy way, as well as being tasty, filling and packed with nutrients!
For starters, smoothies are a great way to eat a lot of fruit and veg.
You probably wouldnt chow down on 2 bananas and a punnet of strawberries in one sitting but blend them up with oat milk and ice, and suddenly you have a delicious, refreshing weight loss fruit smoothie that you cant wait to drink!
We have found some of the best weight loss smoothies out there for this round up.
No need to worry about those icky, vegetable-y smoothies that make healthy eating feel like a punishment!
We have picked the most mouth-watering, creamy and flavourful smoothies we could find, so that losing weight with smoothies has never been easier.
We actually specialise in weight loss for vegetarians, so if weight loss is what youre into, check out our vegetarian weight loss course.
Recommended Reading: Breville Juicer Cold Press
How To Lose Weight With Smoothies
The most important thing to remember when incorporating smoothies into your diet is that they are not a supernatural elixir that will marvelously make pounds of fat disappear.
FREESMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You also want to make sure you get adequate exercise.
The golden theme of effective weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. Im sure youve heard this before.
An excellent way to do this is to do a significant amount of moderate exercise while having a diet with smoothies.
Its simple, but its not easy unless youve got all the facts.
If you want to be sure you are eating the exact number of calories to lose weight, check out my weight loss calculator by clicking here.
Of course, you also want to include things like proper sleep and eating meals with whole foods. If you want to know why its not good to have a diet with nothing but smoothies, read this post.
You can drink smoothies for breakfast or as a meal replacement for lunch or dinner.
The ingredients in smoothies can help you feel fuller longer and prevent you from binge eating or snacking in between meals. They are also nutrient dense.
How To Make A Green Smoothie
Green smoothie recipes are really easy to make. Try making your own recipe, or one of the 10 weight loss smoothies below.
Step 1 add all green smoothie ingredients to blender
Step 2 blend your weight loss green smoothie until smooth
Step 3 serves since out your blender, and enjoy
If you like your green smoothie colder, you have two ways to do that:
To make a green smoothie smoothie, all you need is a blender, and not even an expensive one, Ive been using my $20 blender for a number of years and try as I might I havent broken it yet!
Special Tip: If youre serious about green smoothies, I recommend you check out our list of best smoothie blenders. A good smoothie blender encourages you to drink more green smoothies, and the health benefits are worth splurging for.
Keep scrolling for 10 green smoothie recipes for weight loss
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
How Many Times A Day Should You Drink Green Smoothies For Weight Loss
You should try and stick to drinking one smoothie a day. This is often done in the morning by using this drink to replace your breakfast. However, make sure that your drink contains a mix of vegetables, seeds or nuts, fruit, some protein powder, kefir, yogurt or milk to make it a substantial and complete meal .
Do not, however, be tempted to do a smoothie diet . This is a meal plan that suggests to people to use two smoothies as meal replacements. The smoothie diet promises rapid weight loss to its subscribers. While following this diet, or a form of it, could increase your intake of food and vegetables, and may lead to rapid weight loss, it has several cons.
Top 3 Mct Oil Benefits
So now that you know what MCT oil is, you may be wonderingis it for me? To help you decide, here are some of the reasons I personally use it…
You want to support your metabolism, and maybe even drop a few pounds.
The body digests MCTs quickly, then uses them as fuel, instead of storing them as body fat. Keep in mind, MCT oil is not a “magic weight loss serum.” For healthy weight loss, a healthy diet as well as good exercise, sleep, and stress management are all equally important.
You want more energy.
MCTs are unique in that they do not require energy to be absorbed or stored in the body. Since they don’t undergo a complicated digestive process, the body uses this oil as a great source of fast and sustained natural energy .
You’re vegan, paleo, or follow a plant-based diet.
Animal-based products such as grass-fed butter, cheese, and full-fat dairy products also contain MCTs. If you’re paleo, vegan or just don’t consume much dairy, then MCT oil benefits your body in a 100% plant-based way.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Concert Seating Chart
Both Of These Green Smoothie Diet Plans Are Always Free:
Do you know anything about the Nutri Bullet? Do you reccommend it?
I wouldnt freeze the pre-made smoothies. When you re-thaw then they tend to separate and get weird and frothy. You can put all of your ingredients into a ziploc bag and freeze that so all you have to do is throw it in a blender and add a liquid.
If I prepare these ahead of time how long can I freeze each premade smoothie?
Keep posting they are great recipes
Question: Whats your take on suing coconut water for standard water? And cherries are out of season here and I cant find them frozen, do you have suggestions for substitutes?
Hi AudreyI just made my first smoothy from your top 10 Purple Passion yummy Thank you so much for the recipes and in helping me lose my buddy belly lol
This is the single best post I have seen to date. I am on a journey to lose my baby fat, and I love smoothies. Thank you for sharing!
Any ideas/recipes to include avocados?
Love this post. Well thought out and very informative I have pinned it of course and I am looking forward to trying each and every one of your wonderful recipes. Following the rules of course
love the premise and would like yo get all this in printed form. can u help me. You are an answer to my prayer.Rose Marie
I put 1 drop pf dish soap into the blender container with some water, blend it up and rinse. Easiest way to clean out your blender.
The Best Green Smoothie
Okay, lets be real. We all want to add a little more green into our lives. However, sometimes it can be hard to gag down. Change all of that with this 5-star smoothie recipe. Not only is this smoothie incredibly delicious, but its also packed with nutrients. Chug those greens the easy way!
Read Also: Smoothie King Box Office
How To Make A Green Smoothie For Weight Loss
Smoothies are a great breakfast option if you are looking to lose some weight. They are light and fresh and loaded with healthy ingredients. The only problem is some smoothies can be loaded with a ton of sugar and some smoothies you buy at a smoothie shop are way oversized, so you want to make sure your green smoothie is well balanced.
- To keep sugar to a minimum, try adding less than 1 cup of fruit in total to your smoothie.
- Use ingredients like frozen cauliflower or frozen zucchini to help bulk up your smoothie.
- Then for the liquid, avoid adding juice which has a ton of extra sugar, and instead opt for some sugar-free nut milk or water.
Healthy Green Smoothies Recipe Tips And Tricks
Ive taught you how to make healthy green smoothie recipes that taste amazing, but I didnt want to leave you without a few more tidbits of helpful info
Sometimes ingredients can pull double duty
- Milk kefir is fermented yogurt and incredibly nutritious, and it serves as both the liquid base and creamy factor.
- Fruit that has a lot of natural juices, like pineapple and oranges, can offer both flavor AND contribute to the liquid base as well.
Avoid added sweeteners if possible
- The whole point of making a green smoothie is because theyre healthy, right? So lets not PLAN to add honey or dates or any other sweetener natural or not. Theres really no need!
- If you dont think your smoothie is sweet enough, then change the fruit youre using or add more banana or add less spinach. Your taste buds will change over time, but adding sweetener wont help the long term goal of eating healthier.
Skip the ice cubes
- Hands down, cold smoothies are WAAAY better than warm ones, but ice cubes doesnt help the overall flavor of the smoothie. In my opinion, ice cubes also make smoothies feel more like slushies theyre icy, not creamy.
- If you really want cold smoothies, freeze the fruit ahead of time. I recommend freezing the bananas because theyre one of the staples in my own smoothies, but you can also make almond milk ice cubes or freeze berries as well.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Ticket Office
Is It Ok To Drink Green Smoothies Everyday
Green smoothie is a healthy drink, but only so with moderation.
We do not encourage you to take on a diet that only includes green smoothies. Such a diet is definitely poor in healthy fats, proteins, and other micronutrients, and therefore not healthy at all.
Its best to have a green smoothie after meals, with 1-2 glasses everyday. It provides a healthy amount of fiber, carbs, and micronutrients.
Kale Detox Smoothie Recipes
Kale is what some would call a superfood, which means it packed with large amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. In fact, its considered to be one of the most nutritious plants in existence.
Kale doesnt always taste the best because it can be rather strong for some, but if you combine it with the right ingredients it can be a delicious and healthy addition to any green detox smoothie recipe. Also make sure you use only the leaves and discard the stems, this will remove most of the bitter flavor.
Try some of these yummy weight loss smoothies, just one a day can help jump start your smoothie diet.
For more delicious Kale Smoothie recipes, be sure to check out my other post: 11 Kale Smoothie Recipes for Fast Weight Loss.
Read Also: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
Can Boost Your Immunity
Fruits and vegetables are high in Vitamin C which helps support the immune system, fight infection, and help maintain healthy cellular function throughout our bodies. This goes further to lower your risk of chronic illnesses and lower your cholesterol levels.
Spinach For Weight Loss: The Science
Lund University in Sweden recently observed the effect of spinach in a study on losing weight.
The results suggest that the leafy veggie can contribute to weight loss when part of a persons diet.
The main find was that spinach gives satiety of cravings for homeostatic hunger, which is the real hunger a person experiences with basic energy needs and hedonic hunger, which is the drive to receive pleasure from eating food.
There are hormones that suppress cravings and deliver satiety signals to the brain, but they dont transmit quickly enough when eating sweets, processed and fast foods.
Researchers explain that spinach slows down the digestion process, which allows enough time for the release of intestinal hormones and signals to the brain youre full.
This is thanks to thylakoids found in the spinach which make it possible to suppress hedonic and homeostatic hunger without the urge to snack or eat unhealthy foods.
You May Like: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
Top Weight Loss Foods To Blend
If leaning up if your goal, the ingredients you use in your smoothie can work against you… or for you. I’m gonna break down the ones I used in this smoothie to help you see WHY I used them to hit my summer body goals: turn my fat into muscle and have the energy to workout.
Spinach: Full of phytonutrients and fiber to minimize any blood sugar spikes from the natural sugars in the smoothie.
Almond milk: Contains a little bit of protein and promotes a creamy smoothie base.
Banana: Adds a little natural sweetness to give you an energy boost.
Almond butter: Curbs your appetite and helps your digestive system
Cacao powder: Boosts your energy levels and metabolism
Hemp hearts: Have twice as much protein as chia seeds.
Cinnamon: helps regulate your blood glucose levels. The last thing you want from your smoothie is a sugar rush, which can give you quick energy and then have you crash real hard.
Cayenne pepper: Helps curb your appetite and boost you metabolism naturally.