How To Make Mango Smoothies With Milk
Heres how to make Mango Smoothies with milk, an all-natural, frothy and healthy drink which is perfect for the summer months.
Are you looking to create the perfect mango smoothies with milk recipe? Now, if your favorite dish happens to be succulent mangoes and you think of them as the mighty gods of fruit, consider this advice your divine guidance.
Donât Miss: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Orange Strawberry Squash Smoothie
This two-serving sipper is a delicious way to help you reach your daily fruit and veggie requirements. Like many smoothies, you could blend it into a drink or a smoothie bowl. If you want to make more of a meal out of it, add protein-rich enhancers, like protein powder or Greek yogurt.
This smoothie bowl packs 27 g of protein to power you through a long morning. Plus, wild blueberries are packed with antioxidants and fiber.
If a non-dairy smoothie is more your style, this one, with plant-based protein powder, makes a delicious and filling meal.
Cottage cheese provides the protein in this layered drink. Its made parfait-style so the smoothie and cottage cheese are kept separateperfect for days when you want to dig in with a spoon.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes To Try
Now that you know more about the different parts of smoothies, I’m thrilled to share 19 of my all-time favorite smoothie recipes with you! In this list, you’ll find everything from the really fruity ones to smoothies with coffee and others that taste like a chocolate shake.
One thing that’s for sure is that every smoothie on this list is good for you!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Meal Prep
Did you know that you can actually assemble your smoothies ahead of time and either store in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to use? When I do this, I usually add all the ingredients, except for the liquid, into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for about 3 days and the freezer for up to 3 months.
The Best Carbohydrate For Sweet Breakfast Smoothies
Hands down the best carbohydrate for sweet and creamy breakfast smoothies is half a frozen banana.
Its essential that you use a frozen banana to achieve that delicious creamy smoothie consistency.
Its also the most natural sugar you can add to your smoothie.
If you dont like banana replace by 1/2 cup frozen mango. Thats the next best thing.
Recommended Reading: Protein Shake Smoothie King
Storing And Freezing Instructions
- To store: Freshly made smoothies should be enjoyed immediately, however, they will keep well for up to eight hours refrigerated. Be sure to whisk the smoothie in case of any separation.
- To freeze: Smoothies can be frozen in blocks and stored in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to enjoy, remove the smoothie block from the freezer and re-blend it until smooth. To thin it out, you can add some water, milk, or juice.
Top 5 Smoothie Blending Tips
Read Also: 10-day Green Smoothie Nutrition Works
How To Make A Yummy And Healthy Smoothie Recipe
Why eat your vegetables when you can drink them? Smoothies are packed with a deceptively high amount of nutrients. What tastes like sorbet is actually a drink loaded with protein, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Smoothies are a healthy canvas for your creativity. Once you learn how to make a basic smoothierecipe like the one given below, you can swap out virtually any ingredient for whatever you prefer. Instead of berries or bananas, use any blendable fruit, from peaches to apples. Substitute honey for agave or yogurt for a plant-based milk. The combinations are endless. If youÃ¢ve ever been to a smoothie shop and had to spend several indecisive minutes trying to make the perfect combination from a mix-and-match menu, you understand. Once you become a pro at making breakfast smoothies at home, you can create freely, trying out every last combination your heart desires.
How To Make Smoothies Mouth Watering
While there is technically no exact science for building a smoothie, possibilities are countless and there are so several issues to include and techniques to develop the perfect flavor. If you choose just one liquid base, protein, thickener, carb, and add ins you ought to have the ideal smoothie recipe. Make it your own and get artistic!
Recommended Reading: Berry Punch Smoothie King Recipe
Healthy Juice Cleanse Recipes
Four healthy juicing recipes to give your body natural energy and helps to detoxify the body!
Juice bars are popping up everywhere for good reason! Drinking fresh juices can detoxify the body, help to create a more alkaline body, and to give a boost of energy and a clear mind.
Juicing is a powerful tactic used by a quickly-growing amount of people to lose weight fast, get proper nutrition, and help fuel healthy lifestyles.
Whenever I come from vacation or a particularly bad eating night, I reach for a healthy juice to cleanse my body and give my digestive system a break.
I am sharing 4 of our favorite juicing recipes with an assortment of fruits and vegetables for variety. Since my oldest daughter is a “health freak” we make these homemade juices every week and store them in jars in the refrigerator to make them easily accessible. It saves SO much money juicing at home!
How To Make A Smoothie With Ice Cream
A smoothie with ice cream? Uh, yes please. Once you scoop ice cream into your blender, its technically considered a milkshake, but go ahead and make that switch for an occasional indulgent treat. Ice cream, of course, makes for an exceptionally creamy, sweet, and decadent smoothie experience.
Love the idea but dont want to do dairy? Try a non-dairy ice cream, such as that varieties made of coconut milk.
I love ½ cup coconut milk ice cream blended with 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond, coconut or whole milk, says Adler. Then, its optional to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder or 1 handful cocoa nibs to make it chocolaty, a teaspoon of peanut butter, or fresh mintor all of the above.
Don’t Miss: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
What Are Some Great Smoothie Recipes
Alright, now that youre fully versed on how to make a great smoothie, let me share with you some of our absolute favorite combos! Click on any image to jump over to that specific smoothie recipe.
Classic Simple Smoothies
These smoothies are a great place to start. No weird ingredients that you have to special order, just fresh, real food that you can find at any typical supermarket.
More Smoothie Blender Recommendations
I did want to share some other great blenders that I have personally owned and recommend depending on your price point.
Low cost:Ninja BL480D Blender$99 this is a great single serve blender for those that want to conserve space. Plus you cant beat the price point.
Medium cost:Ninja Kitchen System $229 Ive owned the Ninja Kitchen System for about 5 years and I love that its interchangeable between a blender, food processor, and single-serve smoothie blender. For $229, you really do get it all!
High cost:Vitamix 5200$429 at the highest price point, the Vitamix is THE BEST kitchen appliance Ive ever owned. It will literally crush, pulverize, mix, or puree anything and everything because its so powerful! I highly recommend, 10/10!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Box Seats
Youll Consume More Fruits And Vegetables
Another great benefit to healthy smoothies is that they allow us to add more fruits and vegetables to our day. For good health, its recommended we consume at least 5+ servings of fruit and vegetables in a day. If you have trouble hitting this goal consistently, smoothies can be a huge help.
Depending on the size and contents, a smoothie can easily provide 3 or more servings of fruit and vegetables and all of their accompanying nutrients and antioxidants. They are also an easy way to sneak some extra nutrients into the picky eaters in your family.
Best Fruits For High Protein Fruit Smoothies
The great thing about protein fruit smoothie recipes is that just about any fruit works. I like using frozen fruit in my smoothies because you can skip the step of adding ice. Try these fruits in your next smoothie:
Veggies and other non fruits add a nutritional punch to shakes, too. Consider spinach, avocado, kale, and cucumber.
Also Check: Side Effects Of Ice Chemotherapy
How To Make Breakfast Smoothies
These smoothies are so easy and so convenient and they are such a great way to get your vitamins, minerals, and fiber! Here is the printable recipe card for your convenience
How To Make High
There are smoothies, and then there are high-protein smoothies. Both are easy to make and refreshing to drink, but smoothies that are higher in protein can be quick and easy meals all by themselves. The protein helps to rebuild and repair muscles after a tough workout and it makes you feel fuller, longer, helping to curb the need to reach for a snack between meals.
Packed with nutrients, homemade high-protein smoothies are also super easy to create. All you need are a few key ingredients, a blender, and a little imagination. If you’re cutting out dairy, I’ll show you how to easily make them vegan by substituting non-dairy milk, yogurt, and other ingredients in your favorite smoothie recipes. Follow these tips to make the most of your meal in a glass.
Check out our collection of Smoothie Recipes.
Also Check: Smoothie King Application Employment Online
The Best Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Starting off your morning with a nutritious homemade smoothie is the ultimate guarantee for a great day. Not only does it boost your mood with its sweet and satisfying taste, but it also fuels up your body so youre ready to take on anything. With these healthy recipes, you can be sure your breakfast smoothies arent tainted with refined sugars or undesirable preservatives. And you can enjoy your favorite flavors all the while!
Each smoothie variation was crafted to comply with dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 diets. They can also be made keto and low-carb if necessary. If youve ever felt like your dietary restriction has prohibited you from enjoying simple pleasures like a cold, refreshing smoothie, these drinks will prove that anything is possible with the right combination of ingredients.
List Of Healthy Superfoods:
- Kale insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. Its mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
- Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
- Cucumber since its 95% water, its an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as its a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Banana an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, its rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
- Chia + Flaxseeds – rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
If you are looking to add fruit and vegetable JUICE recipes to your diet as well, .
For extra detoxification benefits, a lemon turmeric flush first thing in the morning will do the trick. This isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s super simple.
You May Like: Smoothie King Recipes Berry Punch
Milk And Honey Smoothie
Make use of the celery in your produce drawer with this blended juice, which combines it with almond milk, cucumber, and grapes for a sip-worthy snack.
In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 medium Kirby cucumber , 1 cup seedless green grapes, 2 medium stalks celery , and 1 Tbsp honey. Blend until the mixture is smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 124 calories, 2 g fat , 2 g protein, 26 g carbs , 21 g sugars
What Do I Use To Sweeten A Smoothie
All of these smoothies here use frozen fruit as a base, which adds a nice baseline of sweetness that you can build on if your tastebuds would like. My recommendation is to blend up your smoothie without any added sweetener, then taste. Add in honey or maple syrup to taste. Many times, I dont need to add anything! Another great natural option for sweetening: pitted Medjool dates. Throw in one or two of those bad boys and let the blender do its thing. Youd be amazed at how sweet your smoothie will be!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie Recipes For Cancer Patients
Ways To Customize Your Smoothie
Feel free to get creative and add extra boosts of goodness and flavor to your coffee smoothie to make it even more nutritious. Smoothies like this are so easy customize which makes them a great option. Below are a few great additions that I personally love!
- collagen powder I love adding a scoop of COLLAGEN POWDER for an extra hit of protein to keep me feeling full. This great option to use instead of protein powder if you prefer that.
- ground flax seeds these FLAXSEEDS are full of health benefits and you cannot even taste them! They contain fiber, protein, and healthy fats!
- chia seeds I recommend adding just anywhere between a half to one teaspoon or so of CHIA SEEDS they dont change the texture of the smoothie too much. Be sure to drink it right away or itll turn into chia pudding!
- hemp seeds another seed that I love to add to my smoothies are HEMP SEEDS for all fo the health benefits. I usually add 1/2 a tablespoon.
- oats I love adding 1/4 cup of OLD-FASHIONED OATS to my smoothies for even more fiber and whole grains. You cant even taste them!
What If I Dont Like Bananas
Bananas are the backbone of my simple smoothie recipes to me, they add so much creaminess and natural sweetness for an affordable price. But, if theyre not your thing, you can add some Greek yogurt with a sweetener and ice, OR do half an avocado with a sweetener and ice. Those two combos will replace a banana nicely in a smoothie and still give you a rich, creamy texture.
Make any of these 8 Simple Smoothie Recipes today for you or your family and enjoy the balance of vegetables and fruits in these creamy, refreshing drinks!
Now you are a smoothie making expert and I hope that you have found some great smoothie inspiration to get you comfortable with making smoothies at home.
This is just a starting point though, feel free to play around with these base recipes and come up with your own favorite smoothie recipes to meet your needs and preferences!
Take the hassle out of meal planning with: Dinner Made Easy, a FREE 1 week meal plan with full shopping list, easy dinners, nutrition information, serving suggestions for each meal, and more!
You May Like: Breville Juicer Cold Press
Simple Ingredients In This Smoothie:
- Blueberries you can use fresh or frozen in this but I prefer frozen in order to give it an extra creamy texture! I pretty much always have them in the freezer for just such occasions.
- Banana Again, fresh or frozen works. Its best if at least one of the fruits is frozen. I typically keep a freezer bag fully of bananas in the freezer for quick smoothie making.If youre looking for an alternative to banana or want the smoothie to have a little less sugar in it, you can try swapping it with frozen cauliflower. You dont taste it in the smoothie at all and its a low calorie alternative!
- Yogurt Ive been loving the blueberry dairy free yogurt from Trader Joes but obviously any yogurt that you have on hand will work well! You can also leave it out completely if desired.
- Liquid I alternate between milk and water when making smoothies. It kind of just depends on my mood. For this particular smoothie, I really like the creaminess that the milk adds. Use whatever kind you prefer .
- Nut butter This is also optional but high recommended! Blueberries + peanut butter is one of my favorite combos. If you want to keep it low in calories, you can try using peanut butter powder- its all of the flavor with a lot less fat. Of course, you can use any kind of but/ seed butter in this!
- Optional add-ins When I have them on hand, I almost always throw a handful of greens into this smoothie as well. And if Im drinking it as a full meal, Ill also throw in a scoop or 2 of protein powder.