Blackberry & Almond Milk Smoothie Recipe
Although theyre not as popular as blueberries or strawberries, blackberries can be an excellent addition to your diet. Thanks to the various nutrients blackberries contain, they offer a wide range of health benefits. This fruits impressive antioxidant content provides it with certain anti-aging properties. These compounds are tasked with reducing the oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Blackberries have a positive impact on brain health. They may be able to boost your memory and focus. On top of that, this fruit may even help reduce the risk of Alzheimers disease.
Blackberries are rich in manganese, a mineral that is vital for keeping your bones and brain healthy. Keep in mind that a manganese deficiency can lead to serious conditions like epilepsy. This mineral helps enlarge veins to carry blood more efficiently to your brain. Its also worth noting that the fiber found in blackberries can aid digestion.
What Youll Need
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
How to Prepare
You can use either frozen or fresh blackberries for this recipe. In case you decide to go with the latter option, be sure to add several ice cubes to the mixture to make your drink more refreshing. Pour the almond milk into the blender, and then add the remaining ingredients. Blend for two minutes. This recipe is for two smoothies
Why Make This Raspberry Almond Milk Smoothie
Raspberries lower the risk of cancer and aids weight loss. It also has anti-aging properties leaving you looking fresh and young if consumed regularly. It has fascinating effects on your skin and hair.
- Another main ingredient of the smoothie is the Greek yogurt is one of the most excellent sources of calcium and proteins. Also being a probiotic, the yogurt makes the smoothie extremely light on the stomach and helps in digestion. Greek yogurt lowers the risk of diabetes and blood pressure.
- The rich and thick consistency of the yogurt gives the raspberry almond milk smoothie the thick texture. Well, if you dont like your smoothies thick, then I recommend you add more ice cubes or increase the content of almond milk making no difference to the taste of course.
- ALMOND MILK is a healthy dairy-free alternative which is pretty much the trend nowadays. It is low in calories and helps in lowering cholesterol. Being high in Vitamin D and protein, it strengthens your bones and gives the energy that you need throughout the day. Almond milk is definitely a boon for those who suffer from lactose intolerance and digestive issues when consuming dairy milk or cows milk. Check out the best quiet blenders for making smoothies
What Do You Need For The Perfect Smoothie
Smoothies are so much easier to make if you have a really good high powered blender.
This is especially so when you move to green smoothies, as you really want those greens pulverized, as there is nothing worse than bits in your smoothie
You will also need some reusable straws for slurping that goodness up! Especially if you are giving the smoothie to kids as you don’t want them spilling bright purple smoothie everywhere – that stuff stains!!
Don’t Miss: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothies
Pomegranate Almond Milk Smoothie Recipe
The antioxidants in pomegranate seeds not only can strengthen your immune system but have anti-inflammatory properties as well. These compounds are able to prevent blood clots and can reduce your cholesterol levels by increasing the level of oxygen carried via blood. This fruit is considered to be a great tool for reducing the risk of a few different types of cancer, primarily breast and prostate cancer. Pomegranate seeds are also noted for improving memory, and may even help prevent Alzheimers disease.
Cinnamon is a very healthy ingredient as well, which comes as no surprise seeing as how it has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. It is an incredible source of manganese but also contains a lot of calcium, iron, and vitamin K. Cinnamon may boost your cognitive function, and may also play an important part in preventing Alzheimers. Aside from that, it has certain anti-diabetic properties and is anti-inflammatory.
What Youll Need
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to Prepare
The orange juice should preferably be freshly squeezed. Pour the almond milk and juice into your blender before adding any of the other ingredients. Blend the combination until smooth. This recipe yields one serving.
Kale & Almond Milk Smoothie Recipe
This is both an incredibly delicious and healthy smoothie recipe. There are not many foods that offer the same health benefits as kale. After all, it is among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Kale is a great source of copper, manganese, vitamins A, C, and K, as well as calcium. This leafy green contains extremely powerful antioxidants known as quercetin and kaempferol, which can help protect your body from inflammation, viruses, and serious health conditions like cancer and heart disease. Considering the fact that kale is one of the worlds best sources of vitamin K, it can help improve your bone health.
What Youll Need
- ½ cup pineapple juice
How to Prepare
Pour the almond milk and pineapple juice into your blender first, and then add the other ingredients. You can freeze the diced pineapples and banana to make the smoothie more refreshing. Blend for a few minutes and serve immediately. This recipe makes two smoothies.
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk
This Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk is healthy and makes an easy breakfast or snack for adults and children. It is light but yet packed with delicious flavor. Easily make this Vitamix Blueberry Smoothie with fresh or frozen berries, yogurt, almond milk, flax seeds, and banana. A fun and healthy way to start the day!
Savory Thoughts: There are no boring situations, just bored minds.
Almond Milk Is Low In Calories
One of the best things about almond milk is that its low in calories. While a cup of cows milk contains about 150 calories per 8 oz, one cup of almond milk has between 30 and 50 calories. The exact amount of calories depends on the product you buy. Since it is low in calories, almond milk is a great choice for anyone who wants to shed extra pounds. When you combine it with fruits and vegetables in a smoothie, you wont have to worry about the calorie count.
You May Like: What Fast Food Places Sell Smoothies
Kale Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie Recipe
When you combine kale with blueberries and almond milk, you already have an incredibly healthy smoothie. Nevertheless, this doesnt mean that it cant be healthier. By adding ½ cup of cherries, youll make an extraordinary smoothie. There are quite a few different health benefits of cherries. They have a high concentration of both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. A specific group of these compounds known as polyphenols are responsible for improving your overall health. Polyphenols are able to protect you from a number of health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimers disease, and arthritis.
In case you work out regularly, you should consider drinking this smoothie after a training session. Know that cherries can help improve your recovery after exercise. Keep in mind that if you drink it before a workout, it may boost your performance. One of the most notable health benefits of cherries is that they can improve your quality of sleep thanks to their melatonin and certain anti-inflammatory compounds.
What Youll Need
- 2 teaspoons honey
How to Prepare
Although its recommended to use honey as a sweetener, this step is completely optional. Pour the cup of almond milk into your blender, and add the kale, cherries, and blueberries. Blend the mixture until smooth. This recipe makes two smoothies.
Ingredients To Make Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Mixed berries: You can use fresh or frozen mixed berries, but I prefer to use frozen since they give the drink a thick and creamy texture without using ice. The berries add lots of Vitamin C to this smoothie recipe.
- Bananas: Again, you can use fresh or frozen bananas, but its easier on the blender if not all the fruit is frozen.
- Greek Yogurt: It adds creaminess and a good source of protein to the mixed berry smoothie. But you can substitute more milk or a vegan yogurt if you prefer.
- Almond Butter: This is a great option for adding extra fat and fiber to the smoothie. Nut butters can really enrich the nutrition of a smoothie to make them more satiating.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk that youd like or you can even use water if youd prefer. You just need some liquid to get the blender going.
Put all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste the smoothie and add more mixed berries if its too thin or additional milk if it is too thick. You can also add some sweetener if you prefer it to be sweeter. The recipe makes enough for two 12 ounce cups, which is whats pictured.
What better way to level up your health than with a fresh and delicious meal-in-a-glass! Frozen banana, almond butter and almond milk add the perfect amount of creaminess with a zest of nutty flavor to my family-adored triple berry smoothie.
Don’t Miss: Greek Yogurt And Berry Smoothie
Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk
A berry smoothie with almond milk sounds great right about now.
Thankfully, a berry smoothie isnt hard to make, theyre damn delicious, and the nutritional value you get out of them is absolutely out of this world.
Not to mention the nut flavor mixed with the berries is absolutely amazing and leaves you wanting more.
Which is also great because since its a smoothie and not exactly a sugary piece of cake you feel less guilty about gulping it down!
Smoothies are some of my favorite things to make, especially with my Oster Smoothie Blender, because it makes it SO darn EASY for me to make unique smoothie combinations without having to make a big fat mess.
I also like to make sure I pre-cut fruit ahead of time and store it in separate freezer bags so whenever I want a smoothie and Im in a hurry, I can just grab a bag with my blender.
But if youre a stickler about using and throwing away freezer bags, you can just use glass tupperware .
How Do I Make A Berry Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Slowly increase the speed of your blender until it is working at full power. When fully blended, taste your smoothie for sweetness, and add honey or maple syrup to taste.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Dog Smoothie
Mixed Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk
Try this 4 ingredient mixed berry smoothie made with almond milk, which is naturally sweet and refreshing for on-the-go breakfast or mid-day snack.
It is one of the healthy smoothies that get ready in 5 minutes and refined sugar-free. Loaded with three types of berries , chia seeds for healthy fats, and banana for sweetener.
The post contains helpful tips and tricks to make a successful recipe on your first attempt. Please use the link above to jump to the recipe card at the end if you want to skip.
Consuming 100-150 gram of seasonal fruits are a part of my daily macro count. Making this berry smoothie makes a great snack and if I add 1 scoop of whey then it is a complete healthy breakfast smoothie.
Almond Milk & Berry Smoothie
Whether your diet requires you to be dairy free, or you just prefer it that way, youll know that sometimes store-bought smoothie recipes can be loaded with dairy . So for those of us who want a quick and easy alternative heres a great almond milk smoothie recipe its so simple and fuss free, youll be looking for excuses to whip one of these up!
I particularly enjoy smoothies for breakfast. Theyre nice and easy on the digestive system in the morning, and an easy way to pack in some fruit.
A few years back, I had to turn to a dairy-free diet due to becoming lactose-intolerant. I felt at first as if my dietary options had been seriously narrowed. When you love food like me, its not an easy adjustment to make.
After some quick research, I was so thrilled to discover dairy-free recipes like this one, to expand my culinary options once again.
This smoothie is so easy to make, youll feel like youre cheating. Dont worry, you havent skipped a step, its just that simple! A tiny bit of prep and then a quick blast in the blender and youre good to go.
The bananas and mango bring a sweetness to the smoothie without using any refined sugars, and the blueberries and strawberries give a beautiful tartness. All of this is rounded off with the creaminess of the almond milk.
I hope you have fun making this smoothie. It serves two, but Ive a sneaking suspicion that you might enjoy it too much to share
Don’t Miss: Closest Smoothie King To Me
Why Does This B
It is refreshing and perfect for on-the-go-breakfast.
- Sugar-free smoothie.
- Great for the digestive system.
- Fights against inflammation.
- Great for on the go breakfast.
- Blueberries are high in antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- Berries are known to help fight certain cancer.
- Berries are good for the heart.
- Great for the skin and lowers blood pressure.
- It is also refreshing.
I love adding bananas to my smoothie, I even included bananas in my pineapple banana smoothie. Its a great way to enhance the sweet flavors and cut down the toughness or tart flavor from the berries.
Berry Smoothie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions
Here are some notes about the ingredients in this banana berry smoothie, as well as possible substitutions.
- Unsweetened almond milk. Any non-dairy milk works excellently in this recipe. I love using coconut milk for a tropical flavor. You can also use regular dairy milk!
- Frozen mixed berries. I always have a bag of mixed berries in my freezer to make this berry smoothie recipe! If you come across delicious fresh berries in the summer for a great price, you can always flash freeze them and then store them in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Frozen banana. If youre don’t prefer bananas, you could substitute another starchy food like avocado for creaminess, but you will likely need to add more honey/maple syrup to achieve the proper sweetness.
- Vanilla extract. You can simply leave out the vanilla, but I love the rich flavor it adds to this frozen berry smoothie.
- Honey. Maple syrup or agave can be used in place of honey. If your berries are extra-sweet you can omit the sweetener altogether.
- Vanilla protein powder . I love adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder to my smoothies for a protein boost that keeps me full longer. Orgain Vanilla Bean Protein Powder is my favorite – I always have it stocked in my pantry.
- Frozen Spinach . If you want to make this a green berry smoothie, simply add some frozen spinach, kale, etc. This is optional!
Also Check: Onelife Fitness Smoothie Bar Menu
Mixed Berry Smoothie Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A simple berry smoothie thats healthy, creamy, and has no added sugar! Naturally sweetened and full of antioxidants, this smoothie is the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert!
I love whole fruit juices and smoothies. I also love that smoothies made with fruit dont really need any additional / added sugar because fruit is already so naturally sweet!
Smoothies are also an easy way to get your daily servings of fruits and vegetables its like a little mini-meal when made correctly. And this healthy mixed berry smoothie is no exception! Its one of those easy smoothies thats super customizable and totally satisfying too!
Quick N Easy Berry Smoothie Recipe
Have you tried my easy berry smoothie recipe yet? This recipes an oldie, but a goodie! I originally published this recipe as a Triple Berry Smoothie back in May of 2017, and now, just 3 years later, its my most popular smoothie recipe.
This quick & easy berry smoothie recipe is made with just 5 simple ingredients: bananas, almond milk , strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Feel free to substitute in your favorite berries , or use more of the one you prefer.
You May Like: Vitamin Powder To Add To Smoothies
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this strawberry blueberry smoothie. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too. If your smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk .
- I owned this more economical option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- I sip my smoothies through these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw.