What Does Spinach Do For Your Body
Spinach is full of vitamins and antioxidants and contains an amazing amount of Vitamin A, B2, C and K along with magnesium, calcium, folate, iron and more. Spinach can boost eye health and muscle health while supporting your body’s natural ability to fight disease like cancer and more.
So are you ready for my Spinach Smoothie? Let’s go!
Berry Spinach Smoothie Recipe To Get Back On Track
Get back on track with this spinach and berry smoothie recipe! This power smoothie is packed with antioxidants and nutrients, plus it is straight-up delish.
This post also has a video at the bottom. Scroll down to get the recipe and learn more!
Happy New Year, friends! Can you believe another year has gone by? Its hard to believe, but my love handles are certainly letting me know that the holidays have, in fact, come and gone so I guess last year really is over!
Is A Green Smoothie Good For You
Green smoothie has a high protein and fiber content. It can be consumed as a healthy and filling breakfast or as a snack.
It is prepared with vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamins and minerals. Greens such as spinach and kale in this delicious drink help strengthen the immune system. It gives energy. It contains minerals that help digestion. It helps to burn the fat in the abdominal area. Fruit, honey or maple syrup is used as a natural sweetener. It has a low sugar content.
Is Spinach Healthy In A Smoothie? Spinach is a highly nutritious vegetable in its raw, cooked or boiled form. It increases immunity with its high antioxidant content. It refreshes the skin. When added to smoothies, the taste of spinach in the smoothie is incomprehensible.
You May Like: Smoothie King Benefits
How To Make A Berry Spinach Smoothie
Spinach Is For Saladsand Smoothies
So, I used to be a firm believer that spinach was to be used in one thing: SALAD. I love me a good spinach salad! Really, I do!
But when I saw people start putting it in their smoothies, I was skeptical. Yes, very skeptical.
Especially when I had a conversation with a Facebook friend about this whole spinach salad/smoothie dilemma and she said, well, its not that bad in a smoothie, really.
Read Also: 10 Day Smoothie Diet Recipes
Pineapple Spinach Green Smoothie
You wont even know youre drinking your greens in this ultra creamy and pineapple-flavored Green Spinach Smoothie made with healthy, simple ingredients! Frozen mango and pineapple are blended with baby spinach, milk, and yogurt for an easy detox drink. Make up this quick and creamy smoothie for a refreshing breakfast or snack for the whole family!
Who knew getting your fruit and veggies in could taste so good?!
Blend up spinach, mango, pineapple, milk and yogurt into a filling smoothie that even the kiddos will slurp up.
Honestly, with the sweetness from the fruit, you dont even know the spinach is in there.
This healthy smoothie is a great way to detox, or even just to sneak in extra greens for breakfast or a snack.
Mix it up in just 5 minutes, or prepare in advance to save even more time on busy mornings!
How Do You Make A Spinach Smoothie
Making a spinach smoothie is super easy to do. You will need about a cup of spinach. This will give your smoothie all the health benefits of those leafy greens and a beautiful green color, but it will not taste like spinach at all.
The trick to making a spinach smoothie that doesn’t taste like a spinach smoothie is the addition of flavorful fruits. In this recipe, I use both fruit, fruit juice, yogurt and spinach so you end up with a light tropical fruit flavored smoothie.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Concerts 2021
Power Smoothie Ingredients And Benefits
If youre looking to boost a particular area of your diet with a healthy smoothie recipe, consider some of the following ingredients depending on your needs.
You can go by our spinach smoothie recipe, but these ingredients are perfect to throw in as alternatives or additions:
- Calcium Greek Yogurt, Milk or Alternatives
- Fats Almonds/Butter, Avocado, Cashews, Coconut Oil, Flaxseed Oil or Flaxseed
- Fiber Avocado, Flaxseed, Oats
- Potassium Apricots, Avocado, Bananas, Coconut Water, Mango
- Probiotics Greek Yogurt, Kefir
- Protein Almonds/Butter, Cashews, Chia or Hemp Seeds, Protein Powder, Spinach,
- Vitamins Any Berries, Kale, Oranges, Spinach, Tofu
Spinach Smoothies To Nourish You With Nutrients And Delight Your Taste Buds At The Same Time
Even kids will drink a green smoothie with spinach in it. I consider it a starter smoothie ingredient because its mild and slightly sweet, so you dont even know its there.
And, its cheap and easy to find in almost any grocery store. Please buy it organic, as it absorbs pesticides and herbicides easily.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Box Office
Why This Blueberry Smoothie Is So Great
Blueberries. Feel free to use fresh or frozen berries to make your blendwhatever you have on hand will work and makes this healthy smoothie perfect to enjoy year round! Plus, blueberries are loaded with iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K.
Spinach. One of my favorite veggies to add to smoothies and baked good, spinach just disappears into this blend. Fresh or frozen spinach will work here too! Just use less if you go with frozen since delicate spinach wilts when frozen! And while no one needs me to tell them that spinach is good for you, it is awesome to know that it is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese.
Greek Yogurt. Im a big believer in the benefits of making sure protein is part of breakfast! Plain yogurt is the perfect way to up the protein in this blueberry spinach smoothie and adds a lovely creaminess too.
Ripe Banana. Blueberries bring the tang, but ripe bananas bring the sweetness naturally without using added sugar to sweeten this smoothie up.
Tips For Making The Perfect Smoothie
- Use frozen produce. You can use frozen fruit and veggies for this berry spinach smoothie. I always try to freeze extra berries during the summer months and place them in Ziplock baggies in the freezer that way, when its winter and out of season, I can still enjoy the sweetness of summer berries.
- Make ahead. For my on-the-go, no time for breakfast friends out there, this smoothie recipe is super easy to make the night before and refrigerate until ready to drink. All you have to do in the morning is grab your pre-made berry spinach smoothie, give it a nice shake, and enjoy. Trust me, you will thank your night before self so much!
- Meal prep. I like to prep all of my smoothie ingredients, portion them out into individual Ziplock bags, then freeze. When its time for a smoothie, just pour the homemade frozen mix into the blender and press Pulse. It doesnt get much easier than that!
Also Check: Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds
Delicious Spinach Smoothie Recipes That Make You Feel Alive
Spinach may be highly nutritious but lets face it, its not one of the most appetizing foods in the world.Green smoothies are a great way to add more greens to your diet and with some clever combinations of ingredients, you can disguise the fact that youre even using spinach. It blends better than a lot of other leafy greens and the taste can be quite mild, especially with baby spinach.This makes it a versatile ingredients to use in smoothies and it pairs well with lots of fruits.
How To Freeze Spinach For Smoothies
Can You Freeze Spinach For Smoothies? One way to freeze spinach leaves is to put them into ice cubes. To do this, wash the leaves well. Then blend it and make it liquid. Pour into ice molds. Leave it in the freezer.
You can freeze the spinach as a whole if you want. To do this, first wash the spinach leaves thoroughly. Dry with towel paper. Then put them in airtight freezer bags. Leave in the freezer.
Do I Need To Cook The Spinach Before Freezing? No. You can freeze it fresh directly and add it to the smoothie.
Can You Use Frozen Spinach In Smoothies? Yes. The nutritional value of frozen spinach is not lost. Also, frozen food helps you get a better consistency when making smoothies.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag using the hashtag #PGRECIPES and share on Instagram. We’ll feature you on our site.
Also Check: 10 Day Smoothie Detox
Very Berry Spinach Smoothie
Now that the holidays have come and gone, I thought it would be a great idea to give you one of my favorite slim-down smoothie recipes. Loaded with fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas and spinach plus Greek yogurt and soy milk to create a creamy thickness this smoothie is the perfect healthy recipe to get you through the last few winter months.
Not only are smoothies healthy and the best compliment to any diet or exercise routine, but they are also great immunity boosters. My very berry spinach smoothie is packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and protein.
So start your day strong and grab a healthier alternative for your midday snack! The combination of sweet berries and spinach makes this refreshing smoothie the perfect snack or meal alternative, and it takes less time to make than a sandwich! Pour your ingredients into the blender, and have your smoothie ready in just 60 seconds.
Is Spinach High In Iron
Spinach can help you on your way to your recommended daily amount of iron, although it wont provide all of your needs by itself. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a cup of raw spinach will provide around 4% of the daily iron needs for a woman. Men dont need as much iron as women so a cup of spinach provides around 10% of daily iron needs for males. Cooked spinach is higher in iron and a cup can provide as much as 36% of daily iron needs.
Spinach also contains oxalic acid, which can bind with iron and make it harder to absorb. Cooking spinach gets rid of some of the oxalic acid or you can team it up with vitamin C rich foods to increase iron absorption.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Rows
Suggested Adaptations For Making This Veggie
- Make it dairy-free by replacing the Greek yogurt with your favorite coconut yogurt and using your favorite plant milk.
- Add chia seeds to this blueberry spinach smoothie before blending.
- Throw in some ground flax seeds.
- Add a scoop of natural almond butter or peanut butter.
- Replace the blueberries with strawberries.
- Freeze leftovers as popsicles for a healthy dessert.
Tips For The Perfect Smoothie
If you want your smoothie recipe to turn out perfectly, here are six tips I live by:
Are you ready for the spinach smoothie recipe? Lets go!
Also Check: Smoothie Center Seating Chart
Why This Is The Best Spinach Smoothie Recipe
I drink smoothies daily, and I’ve tested a ton of spinach smoothie recipes. Some are better than others, but this one is an absolute winner because it is:
- Simple. Only 4 ingredients required.
- Healthy. No dairy, no sweeteners. Full of vitamins , magnesium, iron, and fiber.
- Versatile. You can easily customize it to your liking by adding extra fruits, chia seeds, matcha powder, spirulina, or cacao powder.
- Tasty. It is truly delicious.
Spinach Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
1. Place all ingredients besides into blender and blend until smooth. Add more almondmilk if smoothie is too thick.
2. Taste your smoothie. Add sweetener like honey or Stevia as desired to taste.
3. Pour into a chilled glass, sprinkle with extra berries.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
I get it its not chocolate cake, but those berries and spinach sure are pretty, dont you think? Plus, it is a piece of cake to make !
What healthy recipes are you making for your New Years resolutions? Id love to hear! Be sure to watch the video below in the card to see this berry spinach smoothie recipe in action:
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Will Call
What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Green Smoothies
Green smoothies pack a punch when it comes to nutrition in the morning. Well, they are really amazing all day long, but I find that if I eat well in the morning, I eat well the rest of the day. Here are just a few benefits of drinking green smoothies:
- Green smoothies are powerhouses for nutritional benefits, they can help you get your fruits and veggies in for the day which can help lead to natural weight loss and a healthier metabolism.
- Did you know that the American Cancer Society recommends you have a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day! This helps to prevent cancer and other diseases. Drinking a green smoothie is an easy and yummy way to increase your fruits and veggie servings.
- Green smoothies are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and other nutrients which leads to a healthier you in so many ways. Because you are using the whole fruit/vegetable, unlike juicing, you get the benefits of the entire fruit/vegetable including the fiber and the full nutritional value which can lead towards better bodily absorption of nutrients which can lead to more energy.
- Green smoothies taste better and are easier to consume then salads for most people.
- All these good fruits and vegetables help to support your immune system.
- And sooooo much more!
Spinach Is Super Low In Calories & Super Dense In Nutrients = Great For Weight Loss
Spinach, its really low in calories, so its an excellent ingredient for all weight loss smoothies, as well as meal replacement smoothies.
1 cup spinach, raw = 7 calories 1 bunch spinach = 78 calories
The great thing is that once you try a spinach smoothie recipe, youll be consuming lots of it and it wont matter anymore if you or your picky-eaters at home dont enjoy munching on spinach salad!
Just adding a few spinach leaves to a your smoothie recipe, is so easy, tastes delicious, and its also incredibly good for you!
A bunch of spinach has a mere 78 calories, while providing 10g of protein.
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Virtual Seating
Calories And Nutritional Info
This pineapple spinach green smoothie contains 167 calories, 37 grams carbs, 2 grams fat, and 3 grams protein.
The main ingredients, pineapples, mangos, and spinach are all incredibly healthy! Theyre all low in calories while packing in a ton of nutrients. All three feature Vitamin C and antioxidants.
Pineapple contains enzymes to help with digestive health. While mangos offer a good amount of iron.
Spinach is a powerhouse loaded with Vitamin K, folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
Spinach Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
If youre looking for a filling smoothie that will get you through the morning or afternoon, this combination is a great choice.Theres plenty of fiber and protein included so its perfect for breakfast or to stop snacking later on in the day. The creamy, nutty taste and texture also makes a delicious dessert style smoothie too.
Servings: 1 smoothie
- Juice from ½ lime or lemon
Also Check: Smoothie King Slim N-trim Recipes
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Yield: This recipe makes 2 servings, 8 ounces each.
- Storage: Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours .
- Customize: Change this smoothie as you see fit, keeping the proportions of liquids and solids. Use a different frozen fruit, change your greens to kale or Swiss chard, or add a spoonful of ground flax, protein powder, or hemp seeds.
- High-powered blender: For the smoothest results, use a high-powered blender. The two major players are Blendtec and Vitamix, and both are great .
Stay hydrated with these 8 Infused Water recipes! Inspired by The Flavor Bible, these fruit and herb combinations will encourage you to drink more water. Unless you woke up thirsty at 2:00 a.m. after a