Raspberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
Are you craving dessert but want to cut back on sweets? Then this raspberry and peanut butter smoothie is perfect for you!
Its like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, just without all those pesky carbs. And it has a vibrant pink color youll swoon over.
This smoothie boasts a satisfying blend of tart and sweet thatll surely delight your senses. And its ideal for kids too!
How To Make A Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
This lightning fast drinkable breakfast recipe is so simple, it feels silly to write out the “recipe.”
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender…
…and blend until smooth. That’s it!
Pour in serving glasses and enjoy immediately.
If you’re feeling fancy, try garnishing it with a sprinkle of additional cinnamon, a teaspoon or two of muesli and a few slices of banana. This is, of course, completely optional.
Blueberry Coconut Milk Smoothie
- My Blueberry Coconut Smoothie, with its vanilla yogurt and chia seeds, is a great one for added protein.
- The coconut milk makes it extra creamy and smooth, and the chia seeds make it extra filling too!
- Chia seeds added to any fruit smoothie will keep you feeling full longer and help you make it to lunch
- For a little texture and crunch, add some coconut chips on top.
You May Like: How Do I Make A Good Smoothie
Best Protein Powders For High Protein Fruit Smoothies
The options for protein powder are plenty. Look for brands that are minimally processed and without added sugars or artificial sweeteners. I like the Naked Nutrition brand because the ingredients are minimal, and because you have options for pea, whey, and egg protein, among others. Lets look a little more closely at the options:
That all being said, you can certainly get naturally-occurring protein from chia seeds, flaxseeds, nut butter, spinach, and egg white, too!
Why You’ll Love This Anti
- Quick: You can make it in just 5 minutes!
- Easy: It calls for 7 simple ingredients and all you have to do is to blend all of them together.
- Healthy: It is low-carb, anti-inflammatory, gluten-free, probiotic, and high-protein.
- Refreshing: It is served chilled and has lemon, mint, and ginger which makes it even more refreshing!
- Versatile: You can easily replace any of the ingredients, or add some more.
- Portable: You can take this smoothie anywhere you go, including the office or school!
Read Also: Green Fruit Smoothies For Weight Loss
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this apple smoothie. Fresh apples blend into smoothies easily. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too.
- For a regular blender, I owned this option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- Dont miss these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a straw.
This healthy apple smoothie is here to ease you into autumnbut dont be surprised when you fall for it head-over-heels!
^^ Couldnt resist! Cover your groan with a big sip of smoothie and forgive me for my love of terrible puns?
How To Make A Green Smoothie For Weight Loss
Smoothies are a great breakfast option if you are looking to lose some weight. They are light and fresh and loaded with healthy ingredients. The only problem is some smoothies can be loaded with a ton of sugar and some smoothies you buy at a smoothie shop are way oversized, so you want to make sure your green smoothie is well balanced.
- To keep sugar to a minimum, try adding less than 1 cup of fruit in total to your smoothie.
- Use ingredients like frozen cauliflower or frozen zucchini to help bulk up your smoothie.
- Then for the liquid, avoid adding juice which has a ton of extra sugar, and instead opt for some sugar-free nut milk or water.
You May Like: Low Carb Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
Tips For Making A Low
- Use a high-speed, high-powered blender: It helps to grind hard ingredients easily such as turmeric or ginger root!
- Liquids and yogurt go in first to help blend the solid ingredients.
- Fresh ingredients are preferred to benefit more from their properties.
- Use frozen fruits for making the smoothie cold although it can reduce its creaminess and dilute the flavor. Using fresh ingredients and less liquid can easily fix these issues.
- If you don’t have frozen fruits, you can add ice but don’t go overboard because your anti-inflammatory smoothie will be watery!
- If needed, pulse the blender a few times to make sure all ingredients are fully blended.
- Add acidity such as fresh lemon juice to bring up all the flavors together!
- Use sugar-free yogurts that are probiotic and unsweetened plant-based milk.
- Replace or add a new fruit to make this smoothie drink every single time. Avocado would be a great substitute because it is a low-carb fruit. You can add the other ingredients from all smoothie recipes.
Tips For Great Breakfast Smoothies
The collection of breakfast smoothie recipes combines fruits, veggies and all of the colors of the rainbow!
- All you need is fresh or frozen fruit or ice cubes, liquid and a blender.
- If you have fruit that is about to go bad, chop and freeze for smoothies.
- Keeping a banana or two in the freezer ensures theyre extra thick and frothy.
Don’t Miss: Basic Ingredients For A Fruit Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This peanut butter and banana smoothie is life.
Each sip is better than the last, featuring sweet bananas with decadent peanut butter and your choice of milk.
A glass of this is sure to leave you feeling full and energized. Its cool, creamy, and to die for.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Get your sweet tooth ready because this rich, chocolatey smoothie is a treat.
It looks like an indulgent milkshake and it tastes like one too!
But since its full of almond milk, cacao powder, and a frozen banana for natural sweetness and added creamy goodness, its super good for you.
This blueberry smoothie bowl is a trendy breakfast treat bursting with bright colors and flavors.
It has a fruity, creamy taste from the combination of blueberries, bananas, milk, and yogurt.
Meanwhile, the vibrant purple color is too good to resist. So get your snaps quick and dive right in!
Peaches And Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
No time for a leisurely meal? Try this grab-and-go, probiotic-rich take on morning oatmeal. Whole-grain oats contain prebiotic fiber that promotes gut health.
This recipe from Preventions Smoothies & Juicesmakes two smoothies: Blend 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup frozen peaches, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1/2 cup ice until smooth.
Nutrition: 283 cal, 13 g pro, 53.5 g carb, 2 g fiber, 48 g sugars, 3.5 g fat
Recommended Reading: How Much Spinach Should I Put In A Smoothie
Go Ahead Play With Your Food
Smoothie bowls are an incredible way to flex your creativity. They’re super trendy and . If you’ve gotten hooked on açai bowls, smoothie bowls are basically the same thing, just with different flavor combos.
These fun, colorful bowls are packed with texture and flavor from a variety of fruits, nuts, seeds, and drizzles. Take your cues from our curated selection, or get inspired to make your own creation!
And hey, if you prefer to sip your smoothie, check out our collection of the best smoothie recipes.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This is a thick and creamy recipe that tastes just like ice cream.
Seriously you can trick your kid with it for ice cream in a bowl.
Make sure you have a powerful blender to make this cause of its thick texture.
This is a perfect breakfast for people having a sweet tooth in the morning.
Image and recipe from vibrantplate.com
Whats the best way to start your morning? With a fruity, smoothie!
What’s better than waking up with that delicious taste of sweet fruit in your mouth? Nothing. That is why I love vegan fruit smoothies so much and you should too because they’re not only yummy but healthy for you as well!
I couldn’t believe how delicious this vegan fruit smoothie is. The texture of the blended fruits is so creamy.
This smoothie looks so elegant that can easily be included in any home party recipe.
This recipe uses vegan coconut yogurt.
I would suggest that you make the yogurt beforehand to come in handy.
Here goes the smoothie recipe from vibrantplate.com
You May Like: Healthy Morning Smoothies For Energy
A Perfect Green Smoothie With Fruits
There are so many benefits to making a green smoothie with fruits.
They taste delicious and will make you feel energized after drinking them.
You can add any fruit that is in season for the best flavor!
Green smoothies are a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables.
They are very easy to make, quick, and an enjoyable way of getting healthy.
Preparing Apples For Smoothies
You dont need to peel apples to make an apple smoothie. In fact, I recommend NOT peeling the apples, since the peels contain vitamins, fiber, and nutrients.
To prepare an apple for smoothies:
- Wash and dry the apple. Leave the peel on.
- Stand the apple on its base. Place your knife on top, near the stem. Cut straight down along the core. The first side of the apple will come off. Set it aside.
- Lay the apple flat, cut-side down. Cut off the right and left sides, keeping your knife as near the core as possible.
- Turn the apple and cut off the one remaining side. You should have a long, rectangular piece that contains the core, and 4 nice big chunks .
- Discard the core .
- Cut the four pieces into 1-inch chunks.
- Add to your blender with the other ingredients, and make yourself a delicious apple smoothie!
Healthy Smoothies And Weight Loss
If you are drinking smoothies in an effort to lose weight, make sure to keep these points in mind:
- Not all smoothies are healthy. Drinking smoothies alone will not help you lose weight. Healthy smoothie recipes can contribute to your weight-loss plans, but only if youre choosing low-fat, low-calorie, low-sugar ingredients.
- Use portion control. Smoothies can contain more vegetables or fruit than you would eat raw and that means you are taking in more calories, carbohydrates and sugar than you think. Keep your smoothie at around 10 oz . If you make too much, freeze the extra portion for later.
- Smoothies can leave you feeling hungry. Make sure your smoothie contains the right balance of ingredients. Adding protein and healthy fats will help make you feel full longer. But be careful as these additions can also make the calorie count go up. If you feel the need to add healthy fats or protein, then consider adding a quarter of an avocado , half a cup of Greek yogurt or a tablespoon of peanut butter .
Yes, you can lose weight drinking smoothies but it needs to be part of an overall diet plan. Read more about meal prep and weight loss here.
Blueberry Spinach And Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
To make the smoothie, blend baby spinach, blueberries, apple juice, and ice. The toppings are blueberries, puffed kamut cereal, flax seeds, pineapple, pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of honey.
If you can’t find puffed kamut in your cereal aisle, substitute something like Rice Krispies. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Also Check: What Protein Powder Is Best For Smoothies
How Long Do Smoothies Last
This smoothie will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Be sure the container is filled all the way to the top before being sealed. If air gets in the smoothie, it will make the smoothie less nutritious. Or, you can freeze the smoothie in a freezer-safe container. It will last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Yellow Fruit And Turmeric Smoothie
Turmeric is a time-honored superfood with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Powered by curcumin, one of its primary substances, the spice may help boost memory, ease joint pain, lower the risk of certain cancers, and lessen the symptoms of depression. What are you waiting for? Make this smoothie thats bursting with the stuff.
Also Check: Dairy Free Smoothies At Smoothie King
Are Smoothies As Good As Eating Fruit
Yes and no. If you load up on too much fruit and use fruit juice as your base, then you run the risk of consuming too much sugar and calories, Taub-Dix says. However, if you limit your fruit intake to no more than two servings in your smoothie, then you’re getting a healthy amount of fruit while reaping their antioxidants.
How To Build A Healthy Smoothie
Smoothies can make a healthy breakfast if you have a good balance of ingredients and nutrientsincluding protein, carbs, and healthy fats.
Smoothies can be a healthy and convenient way to add in several nutrients to help jump-start your day, says Andrea Mathis, M.A., R.D.N., L.D., an Alabama-based dietitian and author of The Complete Book of Smoothies: 115 Health Recipes to Nourish, Health, and Energize.
More From Prevention
Mathis especially loves that you can modify smoothies for any taste or preference. She emphasizes the importance of making smart swaps to ensure youre getting all the nutrients your body needs. For example, protein powder is a great addition to your smoothie for an extra kick of the macronutrient, but Mathis also loves nuts, cottage cheese, chia seeds, and other foods that already contain high amounts of protein.
Additionally, adding a source of healthy fat, like nuts or avocado, and extra fiber from vegetables, flax seeds, hemp seeds, or chia seeds can help provide essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, she says.
Also Check: Fruit Smoothie Recipes Without Dairy
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie For Breakfast
Yes, smoothies can make a healthy breakfast, as long as they’re filled with a good balance of nutrients, including protein, carbs, and healthy fats, according to Bonnie Taub-Dix, RDN, creator of BetterThanDieting.com, and author of Read It Before You Eat It – Taking You from Label to Table. Unlike juices, smoothies don’t strip the fiber from vegetables and fruits so they’re more filling.
“Smoothies can make a healthy breakfast, but they’ve evolved into having a health halo even if you put a lot of fruit juice and syrups into them,” Taub-Dix says. “It can make you feel invigorated for a little bit because of the sugar high, but then you’re left feeling hungry shortly afterward.”
To make your smoothie more filling and reduce the sugar content, dietitians recommend getting between 20 to 30 grams of protein at each meal. Protein powders are an excellent way to pack in this essential macronutrient, but be sure to choose varieties that have little to no sugar and have zero artificial sweeteners.
You also want to be wary about the kind of liquid base you choose. Fruit juices are loaded with sugar and lack protein and fat. Instead, go for low-fat milk or an unsweetened, non-dairy milk alternative of your choice, like almond, coconut, or cashew. They won’t have as much protein as cow’s milk, but they’ll have some healthy fats that’ll help curb hunger.
Foods That Cause Inflammation
Most won’t surprise you as follows:
Red meat and processed meats such as bacon, sausage, lunch meats, and cured meats.
Refined carbohydrates, including white bread, white rice, white flour pasta, and breakfast cereals.
Snack foods and pastries, including chips, cookies, cakes, and crackers.
Sodas and other sweetened drinks.
Fried foods such as French fries.
Gluten and most dairy
Don’t Miss: Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This roundup includes over 30 Healthy Smoothie recipes including fruit smoothie recipes, weightloss smoothie recipes, breakfast smoothie recipes and SO many more! Im sure youll find a smoothie here to love.
Hopefully you know by now that I LOVE a good smoothie recipe. I have SO many good ones here on my blog so I wanted to round them all up in one place for you. I split this list up into 3 common smoothie categories: healthy smoothies, green smoothies, and smoothie bowls.
Theres something here for everyone and Im sure that youll find more than one new smoothie to love
I love creating new smoothie flavor combos so please let me know if you ever have a suggestions or recipe recommendation! Im also always experimenting on so follow along there for even more recipes!
Spinach And Banana Power Smoothie
This banana spinach smoothie is surprisingly yummy as the chopped banana sweetens the mixture and keeps the flavour light and creamy. Vegans can use almond milk instead of dairy.
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ¾ cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 large banana, chopped into small pieces
Step 1: Blend the almond milk and spinach together until there are no lumps.
Step 2: Add banana to the mix and blend till smooth.
Serve cold and garnish it with small banana slices.
Also Check: Mango Smoothie For Weight Loss