Strawberry Banana Smoothies For Breakfast
One of the more simple smoothie recipes for beginners and pros alike, is the infamous strawberry smoothie recipe.
A good homemade smoothie recipe has fresh fruits that complement each other , add a splash of milk, yogurt and a dash of honey if youd like and youve got a sweet snack that will nourish and fuel your body for hours!
If you are looking for a quick pick-me-up after a workout or are recovering from a cold and have had enough Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, youll love sipping on a vitamin packed strawberry banana smoothie!
Chock full of gut comforting calcium, vitamin C, and fiber, this such a great smoothie recipe! What we eat can truly transform our bodies, and with a solid supply of easy smoothie recipes on deck, its easy to get creative while getting healthy! Even kids love a good banana smoothie!
Why We Love This Smoothie
- Balanced: The smoothie contains all four food groups, which makes it a great balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast or snack option. Its very filling so it can serve as a meal all in itself.
- Quick and easy: If youre looking for a quick breakfast on the go, this smoothie will do the trick! It only consists of five simple ingredients , so you can blend it all up in just a few minutes and drink it before you head out the door or on the go.
- Kid-friendly: The vibrant pink colour makes this smoothie really fun, especially for kids! Its a tasty way to incorporate more fibre, protein, calcium and omega-3s into your familys day!
The Key To Thick Smoothie Bowls
There are a few things you can do to make a thick smoothie bowl:
- Use frozen fruit the icy consistency helps keep your fruits from foaming and also adds a thicker consistency to your smoothie bowl. Use either frozen fruit or freeze your fresh fruit for 24 hours before making your smoothie.
- Bananas specifically, bananas are a key fruit that help thicken the texture.
- Use less liquid the combination of Greek yogurt and milk help keep the consistency thicker.
- High quality blender this has a big impact on achieving the thickest, smoothest puree.
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena Events
Ingredients Needed To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It doesnt get much easier than this! You only need a few simple ingredients:
- frozen banana frozen banana is the key to making smoothies with a creamy, thick texture. Just be sure to freeze your banana before you want to make this smoothie.
- strawberries I like to use fresh strawberries when theyre in season because I feel like theyre sweeter, but frozen strawberries work too and will make the smoothie extra thick.
- milk I like to use unsweetened almond milk, but any milk will do.
- yogurt adding a little yogurt boosts the protein and makes this smoothie more filling. I like using Greek yogurt in mine.
- honey this is optional, but it does help balance out the tart yogurt flavor.
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
This strawberry smoothie bowl is a perfectly balanced way to start your day . With bananas, strawberries, Greek yogurt, and milk, this smoothie is so easy to put together with just a short list of ingredients. You get a punch of vitamin C and other antioxidants, potassium, fiber, and protein all in one bowl. It truly tastes like creamy, soft serve ice cream, but without all the added sugar!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Virtual Seating
Tiniest Strawberry Banana Smoothie
When the weather’s hot and humid, such as during the summer months, it is easy to stay cool and fresh by drinking a cool, delicious smoothie made from fresh ingredients. Smoothies are brilliant because they are so easy to make. After all, you could throw a bunch of ingredients into your Vitamix and have a tasty drink in no time at all.
There is no better time to whip up a classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe in this year’s strawberry season. With strawberries in season, this classic recipe is a no-brainer. There are many types of smoothies available in the market now, from fancy smoothies with chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds, and other interesting ingredients to simple, straightforward smoothies that are just as delicious.
Among all the strawberry banana smoothies available on the market, the strawberry banana smoothie is a little black dress. This is a classic. Summer is a wonderful time for enjoying fresh strawberries, sweet bananas, and creamy yogurt. Who can complain about such a bounty of summer fruits?
In terms of the strawberry banana recipe, there are many up-to-date variations available if you like to be creative and play around with it. If you prefer to stay loyal to the traditional recipe, you can enjoy it as is. You are welcome to choose whatever sounds tasty, and let’s make a strawberry smoothie together!
Tiny Food Recipe: Strawbery Banana Juice
Publié par real miniworld le 13 mars 2022
Strawberry banana smoothie is very healthy and easy to make. Using fresh fruit and vegetables, Strawberry Banana Smoothie is a tasty smoothie that comes together very quickly. Because this recipe does not contain any dairy products, it can be made using a dairy-free option. It is creamy, sweet, and healthy. This is the perfect summer smoothie! This is the perfect summer smoothie!
The delicious juice of strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream combines bananas, strawberries, and whipped cream.
Recommended Reading: Anti Anxiety Smoothie
Strawberry & Banana Smoothies
Recipe may contain milk and lactose.
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, washed
- 2 overripe bananas, coarsely chopped
- 750ml milk
- 260g vanilla-flavoured yoghurt
- Select all ingredients
- Place half the strawberries
Unsure of the quantity needed?
OK, Got It , banana , milk milk) and yoghurt vanilla-flavoured yoghurt) in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Pour evenly among 3 serving glasses.
- Repeat with the remaining strawberries, banana, milk and yoghurt. Serve immediately.
Did you make this?
All quantities above are averages
We collect information about the content you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. You can find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-outhere.
Benefits Of Greek Yogurt
I love Greek yogurt for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, it is an excellent source of protein and I usually buy full fat Greek yogurt to get all those healthy fats as well.
Pro tip: low-fat and fat-free products typically swap fat for sugar to make sure it still tastes good! Ill take fat over sugar any day. Its also loaded with probiotics which is important for a healthy gut and immune system!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Tours
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Making smoothies are not rocket science but you have to choose the right ingredients to make the best smoothies. I always prefer fresh strawberries than the frozen ones to make smoothies. If you have tried both, then you can definitely say the difference in the taste.
Take some fresh strawberries, chop the banana. Take it in a blender. Add your preferred milk and sweetener. Blend till smooth. Serve.
To Make A High Protein Smoothie:
Add plain Greek yogurt and/or nut butter to this strawberry banana smoothie for more satiating protein. Just blend the yogurt and nut butter into the smoothie along with the rest of the ingredients. Almond butter is my favorite in this smoothie. The almond butter is so good with the strawberries and banana! Peanut butter is also delicious.
Try these healthy smoothie recipes next:
You May Like: Smoothie King Protein Powder
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
Smoothies Healthiest Or Not
It is a long debate about the healthy nature of smoothies. Some will say that it is not the healthiest. But, it is not true. Likewise fruits, the smoothies are also healthier. When you add sugar to them, you enhance the calories, which are not good for the diet.
Consequently, it is the best choice to make smoothies without using extra sugar or sweetener. In this recipe, we will use bananas with strawberries. The main reason is that banana is with natural sweetness. Hence, it makes your drink sweet and full of taste. There are no side effects of drinking smoothies regularly but make without sugar.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart For Concerts
Beat The Summer Heat With This 4
Have you ever had a moment where kids come running off the playground, drenched in sweat in search of something cold? If so, then you are in the same boat as me. For my kids summer is all about no school, outdoor fun, ice creams and SMOOTHIEZZZZ.Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I believe smoothies are a perfect summer treat in a mug! Pair the essential ingredients with fruits of your choice and blend. Within minutes a healthy delight is ready that is relished not only by kids but by grown-ups too.
This creamy smoothie recipe is so filling that it will keep you full till the lunch.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is made with just three ingredients. You cant go wrong with this simple and delicious smoothie!
This strawberry banana smoothie could not be any simpler.
With easy ingredients and a blender, you can make this at home in just 5 minutes.
Kids and adults alike will love this smoothie recipe!
Strawberry and banana is such a classic favorite flavor combination, just like the favorite peanut butter banana smoothie is.
Read Also: Mielle Twisting Souffle Review
Can I Make This Vegan
Yes, absolutely you can make this vegan by using any nut milk like almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
Pin Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Foodies Redoing Old Post
This is my old post which I originally posted a few years back. We bloggers tend to avoid our old posts which is absolutely not good. So a lovely blogger Renu decided to create an FB group to create a challenge that encourages us to redo old posts. This is a good idea, right? If you like to join please do click Foodies Redoing Old Post.
Only Have Fresh Fruit
If you only have fresh fruit, then you have a couple of options.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Okc
Recipe Variations To Try
- Add key lime juice. This strawberry banana protein smoothie tastes even better with a squeeze of lime juice added to it.
- Add honey or maple syrup. If youd like a sweeter smoothie, add some honey, maple syrup, or agave to sweeten it up.
- Use mixed berries. I love making this easy strawberry banana smoothie as written, but a frozen mixed berry blend would also pair well with the banana and yogurt.
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day!
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Recommended Reading: Coffee High Protein Smoothie King
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Then blend away, slowly ramping up to full speed! When the smoothie looks silky, take a taste test and decide if you want to add any sweetener. If you do, add the honey or maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds. If not, pour and enjoy!
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple strawberry banana smoothie, but you can add whatever seeds, powders, or greens that youd like! For this one, I might add fresh spinach and flax seeds.
If you find a combination of mix-ins that you really like, you can freeze them as booster packs for super fast smoothie-making.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Ticket Office
Mcdonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Yogurt
Mcdonald’s strawberry banana smoothie made with yogurt is a delicious healthy smoothie with healthy fruits going into the making of this drink along with some yogurt and milk which are added to blend the smoothie well.
I am trying to replicate some of the restaurant-style recipes which can be named Copycat recipes such as nando peri peri chicken and many more to come and the recipe ingredients are almost similar which the popular restaurants use.
Our Blueberry Banana Strawberry Protein Smoothie Recipe
Im not gonna lie as the nights get colder and the days get shorter I dread the shortage of fresh berries! Ugh. Theyre SO amazing out of the garden or fresh from the local farmers market.
You know just what Im talking aboutthe amazingness of them fresh off the vine is like none other, right?!?!
Sooooo, I thought it was only fitting to celebrate the end of the season approaching with healthy and delicious smoothie recipe. Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to get fresh fruits and vegetables plus this time I threw in some vanilla protein powder to help keep me full for a few hours
If its not the end of the season where you live then consider yourself lucky and think of me while youre enjoying your delightful little berries!
Also Check: Smoothie King Protein Shake
Whats So Great About This Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Its loaded with good things. Bananas and strawberries for fiber and potassium. Milk and yogurt for calcium and protein. Want it to go even further? Add in some of the extra options below.
- Its cold and refreshing on a hot day.
- Its a snack that I can get in my kids quickly when theyre on the go. Theres just something about giving them a smoothie that works I know theyll drink anything I put in it and I know theyre getting everything they need to keep them full of energy for a hot or busy day.
What Will You Need To Make This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
I mentioned a lot of ingredients and substitutions above, but this smoothie only requires four main ingredients:
- Fruit: Real strawberries and ripe bananas are all you need.
- Yogurt: Plain yogurt thickens the smoothie and provides a hefty dose of protein.
- Coconut milk: For richness, and to blend.
- Protein powder: For that extra boost of protein.
In additional to the nutrition-boosting optional ingredients listed in the recipe oats, beets, and leafy greens you can also add a scoop of almond butter or peanut butter, or a couple spoonfuls of chia seeds or hemp hearts for a little bit of extra nutrition and staying power.
Youll also need a blender! Any kind works you dont need an expensive high powered blender. In fact, I typically make this in a Magic Bullet. However, if youre not using one of the more powerful blenders, be careful about using whole, fully frozen fruit. I like to par-thaw my strawberries for the Magic Bullet, so that I know they will get full blended. If youre using a high speed blender ), its not a necessary step.
You May Like: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
Can You Store This Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Actually, you can! Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But you can store this strawberry banana smoothie for 1 to 2 days refrigerated. Store it in a sealed container or a mason jar with the lid on. If it separates , just shake it up and youre good to go.
Why would you store it? Its actually perfect for breakfast on the good. Mix up a smoothie the night before, and you can enjoy it for breakfast the next day.