Tips For Making The Perfect Smoothie:
- I like to use slightly overripe bananas because it makes the smoothie a little sweeter.
- Fresh strawberries can be used but then you will have to add about 1 ½ cups of ice – I HIGHLY recommend sticking to frozen because this means the smoothie doesnt get watered down.
- Any milk can be used.
- Try making this smoothie with blueberries.
- Protein powder, collagen powder, or any other supplement can be added to the smoothie, just note that if its flavored it can alter the flavor of the smoothie.
- 1 tablespoon of agave or pure maple syrup may be used instead of honey or sweetener can be completely omitted.
- ½ cup of oatmeal can be added to the mixture for texture and thickness.
- Cottage cheese may be used in place of yogurt for an extra pack of protein.
- Want a really thick smoothie? Add an extra banana.
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Dont use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, youre likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. So instead, use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana. If you only have frozen strawberries, let them thaw before using.
- Dont add any sugar. Its crazy that some recipes call for a sweetener with a full fruit smoothie. Mother nature has given us plenty of sweetness in the strawberries and banana so theres no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. Ive got recipes for both homemade yogurt and a dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can also use regular milk or my cashew milk or any healthy store-bought dairy-free milk or yogurt options as well.
- Dont add ice. Using a frozen banana in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesnt water it down. Adding ice to smoothies makes them watery pretty quickly.
Healthy Delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Whats the best thing about a strawberry banana smoothie recipe? For one thing, it only takes two minutes to prepare.
Plus, its packed with healthy fats, protein and antioxidants and will have you feeling full and energized for hours.
Are strawberry banana smoothies good for you, and are strawberry banana smoothies good for weight loss? Yes, they are because they are filling and help prevent overeating, snacking and giving in to food cravings.
Try adding this strawberry banana smoothie to your morning routine, or have it ready in the afternoon before you reach for an unhealthy snack. You can even have this smoothie instead of a sugary, unhealthy dessert after dinner.
Youll love how easy it is to make this banana strawberry smoothie and its creamy, rich and sweet flavor.
Read Also: Smoothie Diet Before And After
Best Tips For Making Smoothies At Home
Making a smoothie at home is as simple as tossing ingredients into the blender and pushing a button. But making a really superior one requires a few smart tips. Heres how to do it:
- Cut with care. Even if you own a super powerful blender, this gadget will chop fruits and veggies better when the pieces are uniformly sized .
- Choose frozen fruits. Fresh fruits are great, of course, but if one ingredient is frozen, youll achieve a thickened, icy texture thats a bit better than an all-fresh smoothie.
- Add some avocado. Youll gain healthy fiber from avocado added to the blender as well as more of that rich and smooth mouth feel thats so delicious in this drink.
- Serve it in style. Choose a tall glass and a reusable metal straw and enjoy your strawberry-banana smoothie just as you would a real meal on a plate. You can also garnish your drink with a few sliced berries on top or a sprig of mint!
Need to eat and get out the door in seconds flat? Check out these quick and easy breakfast recipes when your mornings are squeezed for time.
Strawberry Smoothie Substitution And Variation Ideas:
Use any type of milk you like: whole milk, almond milk, and oat milk are some of my favorites.
For a vegan strawberry banana smoothie, substitute the yogurt for a dairy-free option like coconut yogurt.
Add a handful of spinach or kale to the blender to make a strawberry banana green smoothie.
Add peanut butter for a fun take on a PB+J.
Add a tablespoon of chia seeds or hemp seeds for an extra boost of fiber.
Add a scoop of protein powder or collagen.
For a sweeter smoothie add a little bit of honey or maple syrup
Mix things up by using different types of fruit. Try adding mango, pineapple, or raspberries to the mix.
Don’t Miss: Does Tropical Smoothie Cafe Delivery
What To Put In A Smoothie
Any number of great things can be put into a smoothie! Thats why they are so popular! The trick is creating the right ratio of vegetables & fruit so your creation is not only good for you, but tasty too !
The best thing about a smoothie is that its really easy to make your own!
- Milk: Cows milk, almond, rice, hemp, coconut the skys the limit!
- Juice: Lots of juices like apple, orange or grape can add a little sweetness and change up the flavor of this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt or regular work. If youre using unsweetened yogurt, you might like to add a squeeze of honey to sweeten it.
- Just for Fun: Add in your favorites like chocolate syrup, almonds or peanut butter!
- Ice: If you use fruit that is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are a fantastic way to start the day. They’re simple to make but have lots of good energy ingredients to get you moving in the morning without feeling heavy or weighed down. It’s also a great option for kids who are on the go but need a healthy energy boost! It’s filling and it tastes amazing!
Read Also: Egg White Smoothie For Weight Loss
Classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Nothing tastes more sweet and refreshing on a hot summer day than a delicious fruit smoothie! This strawberry banana smoothie is easily one of the best Ive ever made.
Not just because it tastes amazing, but because it is so simple to make! I usually have each of the 4 basic ingredients already on-hand. This means we can easily whip this up whenever the craving strikes! And its so simple, the kids usually make it themselves.
Heres how to make it
To Make A High Protein Smoothie:
Add plain Greek yogurt and/or nut butter to this strawberry banana smoothie for more satiating protein. Just blend the yogurt and nut butter into the smoothie along with the rest of the ingredients. Almond butter is my favorite in this smoothie. The almond butter is so good with the strawberries and banana! Peanut butter is also delicious.
Try these healthy smoothie recipes next:
You May Like: How To Make A Smoothie Without Ice
How To Make The Most Out Of This Recipe
There are a couple of things that you can do to really get the most out of this recipe.
One thing you can do to make things even easier for you is to prepare your ingredients into ziplock bags earlier in the week so that in the morning, you can pop the fruit and seeds into the blender and set it off. No need to chop or measure.
This way you can prepare a whole weeks worth of breakfasts in one session and save yourself a lot of hassle.
Another way to make the most out of this recipe is to triple it. Make the smoothie in bulk and then freeze it in a mason jar until youre ready to drink it.
I like to make it, freeze it, then use it as a topping for granola throughout the week
Finally, using pre-frozen ingredients is going to help this smoothie come out, well, smooth, instead of watery. The last thing you want is a watery smoothie, but thats where the frozen fruit and chia come in.
The cold temperature will turn your milk into more of an ice cream, and the chia seeds turn gelatinous when added to liquid, making your smoothie thick and creamy.
Best Of The Best Smoothie Recipes: Top 5 Expert
Smoothies are an easy way to consume more fruits and vegetables. Theyre also a great way to enjoy a nutritious meal on the go and incredibly easy to make. That led us to go searching for the very best smoothie recipes out there, and theyre all recommended by nutritional and culinary experts. If you need a little convincing that you should try incorporating smoothies into your diet more often, read on.
One reason is because they could be good for your heart! Researchers in Australia find nitrate-rich vegetables, leafy greens and beetroot, lower blood pressure and the risk of developing heart disease. A team from Edith Cowan University says consuming just one cup of raw leafy greens each day can result in a 26 percent lower chance of heart disease later in life. And surprisingly, if you throw in a handful of spinach into a fruit smoothie, you cant even taste it!
Speaking of fruit People say, An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but researchers from Aston University have found that eating more fruit may also keep the therapist at bay. Their study found that people who habitually and frequently eat fruit are more likely to report greater positive mental well-being and are less likely to experience depressive symptoms. But if sitting down and chewing away just isnt your thing, smoothies are an excellent way to consume more fruit while you chew less.
Don’t Miss: Good Smoothie Recipes With Frozen Fruit
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
First, add your milk of choice to the bottom of a high speed blender.
You will need a high powered blender to make this recipe, as it is quite thick and a normal blender would most likely not be able to handle it.
Adding the milk first to the blender will help it blend easier.
You need a higher powered blender if you want that super thick texture.
Add your frozen strawberries and bananas over the milk, and blend it all up!
This smoothie is super thick, so you might need to stop blending and use a spoon to mix it all around.
Be patient, it will blend!
I gladly take a few extra minutes to help the smoothie blend instead of adding more milk.
As far as smoothies go, the thicker the better in my opinion!
Tips For Making Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This is such a classic healthy smoothie recipe thats full of bright and fresh flavors. I love that it only needs four ingredients and the push of a button to make the recipe come alive! If youre looking for more smoothie recipes to incorporate into your diet, this one is sweet, creamy and so refreshing!
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Good Smoothie With Almond Milk
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Milk
How to make Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Milk For breakfast you have a good breakfast, important to have a healthy body, so we should choose the food that is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. There are many people who have diabetes or high blood pressure or overweight so that they should be careful to eat breakfast every day. So, this strawberry banana smoothie is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and it can be a very good choice for your breakfast.'[
Variations On This Healthy Smoothie Recipe:
- Add in some quick oats for extra fiber, protein and all the good stuff that oats have to offer. This is a great option if your strawberry banana smoothie is a meal it will give it more staying power!
- Swap out vanilla yogurt for flavoured for a bit more sweetness and a fun twist on flavor try strawberry, banana, or something totally different.
- To make this strawberry banana smoothie dairy free, simply swap the milk and yogurt for non-dairy milk and yogurt, or use a lactose-free variety if lactose is something your body struggles to digest.
- Dont have frozen strawberries? Swap the strawberries for whatever berries you have in your freezer for a new spin, like this delicious Blueberry Smoothie!
- Going green? Add in a handful of spinach or kale for an extra serving of veggies in your diet.
Pin this recipe to save for later
Also Check: Smoothies To Lose Weight Quickly
Measure Your Chia Seeds Carefully
If you use too many chia seeds, you could end up with a bit of a lumpy mess that might also cause you to need to go to the restroom with a little more urgency than you were expecting.These little seeds have a really high fiber content, and can be used as a laxative. Dont use too many unless you know what youre signing up for.
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
I mean, really? There arent that many instructions in this not-really-a-recipe. But there are a few key things to keep in mind!
Read Also: Where Can I Get A Keto Smoothie
Do You Have To Use Frozen Fruit In Smoothies
This recipe calls for frozen fruit because I find that to be the most convenient and the most affordable. I love how frozen fruit gives this Strawberry Banana Smoothie a thick and slushy texture, almost like a milkshake.
However, you can use fresh strawberries and bananas, if you prefer! Youll need to use much less liquid when using fresh fruit, so start with 1/2 cup of liquid and add more as needed. If you want a frozen, slushy-texture for your smoothie to mimic using frozen fruit, try adding a cup or more of ice until its as thick as youd like it to be.
When freezing bananas, make sure you peel them prior to freezing so that you can easily add them to a smoothie later. Its nearly impossible to get the peel off after freezing. If you dont have a high-speed blender, but the bananas into coins before adding them to the blender for easier blending. I usually freeze my bananas whole and then break them in half before adding them, as my Vitamix can break them down easily.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Our Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe is made without yogurt. Its a quick and easy breakfast solution. My kids have been enjoying this recipe for years. This recipe uses just a few ingredients and is full of flavor and nutrients. Kids and adults love this for a quick breakfast or snacks!
0 seconds of 10 secondsVolume 0%
This week I am participating in a great event celebrating Back to School with some of my favorite food bloggers. To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, weve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway.
Back to school routines are not easy for most of us. In New York, school starts in just a few weeks! Its time to organize easy back to school recipes!
Don’t Miss: How Much Flaxseed In Smoothie
Tip For Blending A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Add your milk to the blender first.
This will help make sure the blender works the best that it can, and has easy access to the liquid of the recipe.
If you do not have a high speed blender, you may need to add more milk to make it not as thick so that the blender can handle mixing the smoothie up.
If you dont care about thickness, you can make this more easily by splashing in some extra milk to help the blender out.
Its really whatever works for you!
Are Strawberry Banana Smoothies Good For You
Smoothies are only as healthy as the ingredients that go into them.
So, are strawberry banana smoothies good for you? Strawberries are a rich source of fiber and antioxidants like vitamin C, while bananas contain valuable nutrients like vitamin B6 and electrolytes like potassium and magnesium.
Depending on your milk of choice, youll likely get more nutrients from that key base ingredient as well.
If youre looking for the healthiest strawberry banana smoothie, your best bet is to add veggies to the recipe. Spinach is my favorite because you wont notice the taste but its packed with nutrients.
Its important to note that conventional strawberries are #1 on the dirty dozen list. Try to use organic strawberries in your smoothies to steer clear of pesticides and keep your fruit smoothie as healthy as possible.
Also Check: What Do I Need To Make A Fruit Smoothie