Sabotage : Liquid Vs Solid Meals
Are you still hungry after having your smoothie as a snack or meal? Research suggests that food in semi-solid or solid forms are more filling and satiating than drinking liquids.
If you find that you are hungry soon after your morning smoothie, you may want to opt for a breakfast of oatmeal with nuts and berries or whole grain toast with fruit, Macfarlane suggests.
Tip: See how you feel after your smoothie. Are you still grazing? If so, you may be better off with eating the ingredients whole instead of blending them into a drink.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – get your chocolate fix and still feel amazing.
- 1 cup Chocolate Almond Breeze
- 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 of an avocado
Blend all ingredients and garnish with a banana chunk.
Amount Per Serving:
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only.
Why You’ll Love This Cherry Smoothie
There is usually lots of candy laying around my kitchen around Valentine’s day. And it always seems to find it’s way in my mouth. Caramels, M and M’s, chocolate hearts…it’s just not good. Actually, it’s tastes very good but you know exactly what I mean.
Instead of making a sugar filled recipe for Valentines day this year, I want to make something healthy. Something with fruits and vegetables included will work well. This smoothie is sweet but definitely has some health benefits to it.
Since I will be indulging in beef tenderloin and pasta with blush sauce for dinner, I think a nice light breakfast will be in order. This cherry smoothie with almond milk is what I want and it is a vegan recipe that tastes like a treat.
Cherries and almond milk are a perfect combination. I add a banana for sweetness and some red spinach for more nutrition. You can use green spinach if you can’t find red. But since I saw a bag of red spinach at Trader Joe’s I just couldn’t pass it up especially if I am making it for Valentine’s day. It has a bit of a strong earthier taste so you don’t want to use too much.
You May Like: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
How To Make Almond Milk At Home
- Preparation time: 2 nights.
- 1 cup of raw almonds preferably organic.
- 2 cups of water. More if you want the milk to be thinner/ less if you want it to be thicker.
- 1tbsp. maple sugar syrup/ honey/ sugar
1. Soak the almonds, either overnight, or for two days. Now, place the almonds in a medium/big bowl and cover with about an inch of water. They would plump overnight as they absorb water. Let it stand on the counter, covered with a clean cloth, overnight, or you can even refrigerate for up to 2 days.
NOTE: The longer the almonds soak in the water, the creamier the milk would be.
2. Now drain the almonds from the soaking water and rinse them well under cool running water. At this point, the almonds must feel a bit squishy if you pinch them.
3. Place the almonds in the blender or the food processor fitted with a blade attachment and cover it with 2 cups of water.
4. Initially, pulse the blender a few times to break up the almonds, and then blend the mixture continuously for 2 minutes. The almonds must be broken down into a very fine meal and the water should be white and kind of opaque.
5. Next, line a fine-mesh strainer with a cheesecloth, and place over a measuring cup. Now, pour the almond mixture into the strainer.
6. Gather the cheesecloth around the almond mixture and then twist close. Squeeze and press the mixture with clean hands to extract as much almond milk as possible. it should turn out to be about 2 cups.
Green Smoothie Recipe Variations
I love this green smoothie recipe as written, but feel free to play with it! Swap in whats in season or what you have on hand. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Mix up the greens. Replace the spinach with a small handful of kale.
- Swap the herbs. Try using cilantro, parsley, basil, or arugula instead of mint. Or if you prefer, skip the herbs altogether!
- Add more fruit. Frozen fruits like frozen mango, strawberries, or blueberries would all taste good here. Or if you want to make a green smoothie that tastes sweeter, blend in one or two Medjool dates!
- Up the protein. Blend in your favorite protein powder or a scoop of Greek yogurt.
- Give it an extra flavor boost. Grate in fresh ginger or lemon zest, or add a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Use a different nut butter. Dont like almond butter? Use cashew butter instead. You could also replace the nut butter and with a scoop of hemp seeds, chia seeds, or flaxseed.
Let me know what variations you try!
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Rows
Creating This Almond Milk Smoothie Recipe
I have been dragging all week. I was fighting a cold at the beginning of the week, didnt sleep well for a couple of days, and had more things on my to-do list than I typically like.
When I have days like that, I totally rely on nutrient-rich afternoon snacks. When Im craving something a little dessert-like after lunch, but a better-for-me-choice than a cookie, I like to make this Chocolate Banana Almond Milk Smoothie.
It has a natural sweetness from the almond butter and the bananas, but the creamy base features Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. Almond milk has been my preferred milk for several years now.
I love it on a bowl of granola and it makes a great addition to smoothie recipes, like this chocolate smoothie recipe, which is quickly becoming a household favorite.
I dont need added sugar in my drink of choice. I love that Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk has 0 grams of sugar per serving.
Switching from Vanilla Almond Milk to Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk is a simple swap that makes it easy to be more mindful about making dietary choices when Im recharging with a post-lunch snack.
Im all about making little changes that overall are better for me without feeling like Im skimping on flavor.
Click and save this recipe for Chocolate Banana Almond Milk Smoothie to Pinterest!
Delicious And Healthy Almond Milk Smoothie Recipes
If youre in the process of trying to lose weight but struggling with those sugary and sweet cravings and you want something sweet, then our almond milk smoothie recipes presented here will be perfect for you!Almond milk smoothies are one of the best ways to help make a great smoothie, which is also weight-friendly.While the recipes here are all going to be a little bit different from one another, youll have no problem finding the perfect smoothie for you.
Want to lose weight with smoothies?
Get our secret smoothie recipes e-book for free!Delicious * Easy * Quick
smoothie recipes to lose weight eBook
If you are unfamiliar with almond milk, it is dairy-free milk that is made from almonds and is still creamy and makes a great alternative to regular milk.There is hardly any fat in it, and it is very low in calories as well provided you choose the unsweetened version.Almond milk is perfect for smoothies because it adds in the creaminess that you like without adding a ton of calories, as well as being free from lactose.Suggested read:Delicious smoothie recipes without yogurtThe recipes below are going to be perfect, whether youre looking for a quick breakfast, a great snack, or an excellent dessert. If youre looking for it, weve got you covered.
Recommended Reading: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Conditioner
Enjoy This Fruit Smoothie With Almond Milk For A Quick Breakfast
I really hope you enjoy this almond milk smoothie as a quick and healthy breakfast. We have it on weekday mornings as we rush out the door.
One last tip if you take smoothies out the door. There’s absolutely nothing special about these cups, but that’s why I love them for taking smoothies to go.
Unlike other pricier smoothie cups marketed for taking smoothies to go, these cups don’t have any areas that water might get trapped, or tricky bits that can’t be washed.
I would have never found them if I didn’t have a toddler, but now that I know, we use them all the time with these silicone straws for our breakfast smoothies.
How To Make A Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
It doesnt get much easier than this. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth! You can use a frozen banana or a fresh one, but I personally like the texture that frozen bananas give smoothies. Of course, feel free to play around and add in extra ingredients like chia seeds or a handful of spinach to make it a green smoothie.
Also Check: 10 Day Smoothie Detox Diet
Strawberry Almond Milk Smoothie
If you are avoiding both grains and dairy, breakfast can turn into a real challenge! Smoothies are a great alternative to a full breakfast and this one only requires two ingredients! Nut milk and strawberries! It’s easy to customize this healthy strawberry smoothie with different add-ins, depending on your mood and pantry.
If you are also trying to avoid refined sugars, this is a great recipe for a yummy almond milk drink that uses natural sweetener to boost flavor. Or you might love this coconut mango tropical smoothie.
Joi Nutbase For Diy Almond Milk #3
Joi Nutbase has taken almonds and blended them into a paste. This paste is 100% almond nothing else. Plus, they are using the entire nut , and it has a shelf life of 18 months… with no additives what-so-ever. To make 1 cup of almond milk, just add 1 tablespoon of Almond Joi paste to 1 cup of filtered water, and blend for 30 seconds. That’s literally it!
Tip: To up the creaminess, add 2 tablespoons of Joi to 1 cup of filtered water.
Even after settling, this milk kept its frothy top. It tasted super creamy, and was a little less dry than the Almond Cow’s version. Fun fact: 27 cups of almond milk can be made from 1 container of Joi, retailing for $19.99. That’s less than $1 per cup! 1 cup of this almond milk is 4 grams of protein as well woot, woot!
Try Joi Nutbase 10% off w/ code “simplegreensmoothies”
Read Also: 10 Day Smoothie Fast
How To Make A Smoothie With Almond Milk
Heres how to make an almond milk smoothie in 3 simple steps
As you can see, its really not complicated This is the same basic recipe youd use to create any kind of smoothie . But you may find that nut milk behaves differently in some situations
Ingredients In This Almond Milk Smoothie
There are lots of different ways to make an almond milk smoothie: this ones our favorite! You cant go wrong with strawberry banana, that classic crowd-pleasing flavor. Our three year old absolutely loves this smoothie, which makes us confident you will too. Heres what you need to make our favorite smoothie with almond milk:
- Frozen strawberries : Frozen strawberries add just the right texture. Theyre easy to find at the store and great to store for making on demand smoothies.
- Fresh banana: We always have bananas at our house, but we never remember to freeze them. So we always use room temperature bananas in our smoothie recipes.
- Almond milk : Use plain or unflavored almond milk. Vanilla also works, but we like using almond milk with no artificial flavors.
- Ice: Ice adds just the right frozen texture to this fruity puree.
Also Check: Smoothie King Slim N-trim Recipes
How To Easily Blend Your Smoothie
Add your almond milk and strawberries to a blender and pulse in 30-second increments until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier drink, you can lightly pulse leaving bits of berry in the drink. We usually use unsweetened almond milk for this and add a bit of raw honey if it isn’t sweet enough after blended. The fresh strawberries should offer plenty of sweetness.
Did You Make This Recipe
Be sure to follow Tag @goodlifeeats and include the hashtag #goodlifeeatsrecipes so I can see what youre cooking up in YOUR kitchen! Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it by leaving a comment below.
Click and save this recipe for Chocolate Banana Almond Milk Smoothie to Pinterest!
This recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
You May Like: Smoothies For Stress And Anxiety
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk
This Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk is healthy and makes an easy breakfast or snack for adults and children. It is light but yet packed with delicious flavor. Easily make this Vitamix Blueberry Smoothie with fresh or frozen berries, yogurt, almond milk, flax seeds, and banana. A fun and healthy way to start the day!
Savory Thoughts: There are no boring situations, just bored minds.
Sabotage : Not Enough Veggies
Smoothies are some of the easiest ways to sneak vegetables into your diet. You could be piling up fruits into your smoothie without considering spinach, kale, arugula, and even collard greens into your drink.
I love adding a handful of spinach to my smoothies as its relatively tasteless. A few scoops of pureed pumpkin works too, if you cant stomach a green smoothie just yet, Osinga said.
Tip: Add a handful of greens to your smoothie. Keep them frozen for easy usage.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make This Vegan Smoothie
- cherries – I bought mine frozen and pitted to make prep super simple. Feel free to use fresh cherries but you will have to pit them. It is also a good idea to freeze them before making the smoothie.
- banana – Provides lots of sweetness and some extra texture to your smoothie.
- spinach – F0r this recipe I used baby red spinach to stick with the color scheme but you can use regular green baby spinach too. The color of your smoothie might be a little lighter red but the taste will not vary too much.
- almond milk – Unsweetened almond milk was my choice. If you like a sweeter smoothie, you could try sweetened almond milk too. There’s also chocolate almond milk you could make a chocolate cherry smoothie. If you don’t like almond milk or have an allergy to it, regular milk or soy milk can also be used.
Fitness Fuel Almond Milk Smoothie
By Jen Hansard | Published on 7.1.2021
Smoothies are a great way to nourish your body with natural energy and vitamin boosts. If protein is what you’re looking for, then def give this almond milk smoothie a blend. It’s a berry filled, protein powered beverage that can fuel your day the right way.
Recommended Reading: Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds Calories
Top 10 Almond Milk Smoothies For Weight Loss
When it comes to weight loss, almond milk makes an amazing substitute for whole milk and skim milk, because it contains the same amount of essential vitamins and minerals but has fewer calories, which is essential for weight loss.
A glass of almond milk contains merely 43 calories, which is half that of skimmed milk. It is low in carbohydrates which is also beneficial for weight loss. One cup of almond milk contains only 2 grams of carbs whereas a cup of skimmed milk contains 12 grams of carbs.
Reading: low calorie almond milk smoothies
So, whether you are a vegan, sensitive to milk, lactose intolerant or just dont like the taste, almond milk works as an amazing alternative in smoothies and other recipes. You can choose between shop bought sweetened and unsweetened almond milk or use home-made almond milk for these almond milk smoothie recipes.
Top 10 Almond Milk Smoothies for Weight Loss
Best Green Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Even though this green smoothie looks incredibly healthy , what I love most about it is its creamy texture and sweet, fresh flavor. Heres what makes it so darn good:
- Frozen banana makes it thick and creamy. Plus, it adds a little sweetness and plenty of potassium.
- Lots of spinach gives this smoothie its vibrant color and a host of nutrients. Dont worry you cant taste it!
- Fresh mint gives it a light, fresh flavor.
- Almond butter makes it creamy, satisfying, and rich with healthy fats.
- Vanilla extract adds yummy depth of flavor.
- Ice cubes make it cool and refreshing.
- And almond milk gets the blender going and perfects the creamy texture. If you dont have almond milk on hand, another plant-based milk like oat milk, soy milk, or coconut milk would be great here too.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
This green smoothie recipe makes 2 servings. Share it for breakfast if your significant other loves smoothies as much as mine does!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
Tips To Make The Best Almond Milk Smoothie
- If you prefer thick smoothies, do not over blend the ice.
- For a low carb smoothie, swap out the banana for frozen pumpkin or avocado chunks. You will need to add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener to compensate .
- Feel free to add 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder to add a protein boost. Unless you want to change up the flavor, Id stick to an unflavored protein powder.
- If youd like a sweeter smoothie, you can add some honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.