Pumpkin Berry Cashew Butter Smoothie
Do you have canned pumpkins leftover in the fridge? this recipe is a good way to use up them.
1/2 tablespoon flax seed meal
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
About the ingredients:
Pumpkin Puree- The pumpkin takes the sweetness down a notch and makes the smoothie more of a balanced sweet and savory smoothie.
Frozen Blueberries- Feel free to substitute blueberries for any other frozen berry you have in your freezer!
Frozen Banana- Frozen bananas are a must-have at all times kind of a thing for smoothies!
Cashew Butter- Not only does the cashew butter add protein to this pumpkin smoothie, but it adds a creamy consistency that thickens this smoothie to a deliciously rich texture!
Unsweetened Almond Milk- We use unsweetened almond milk as the liquid in most of our smoothie recipes. The flavor isnt overpowering and it is a great source of protein! Any milk or milk substitute will work as a substitution for almond milk!
What Other Vegetables Can You Add To The Big Blend Green Smoothie
Add variety, as well as even more minerals and unique phytonutrients to your Big Blend Smoothie by adding non-leafy vegetables!
- Beet: The leafy green tops of beets are great smoothie greens. The beets themselves are a great source of folate. Dont add too much or youll get an earthy flavor.
- Broccoli: Use frozen broccoli florets to add calcium, iron, and folate.
- Carrot: Blend it in a high-speed blender, or steam then chill and blend, for extra beta-carotene.
- Celery: 1-2 stalks adds extra calcium, fiber, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cucumber: Reduce calories while bulking up your smoothie. Cucumbers are also said to improve skin complexion.
- Tomato: Technically a fruit, tomato adds potassium and lycopene.
- Zucchini: You can add this summer vegetable for extra fiber and minerals.
Grown Up Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
This is another really good recipe if youre just starting out with green smoothies.
The flavor is divine, and you can hardly taste any of the spinach, since smoothie with spinach tend to be milder tasting. You mostly just taste the banana and strawberry flavors with a hint of vanilla. Fruit smoothies recipes generally taste mostly like fruit, and this is one of the best green smoothie recipes I know.
Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They provide several essential nutrients, and have benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss .
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Arena Events
List Of Healthy Superfoods:
- Kale insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. Its mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
- Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
- Cucumber since its 95% water, its an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as its a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Banana an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, its rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
- Chia + Flaxseeds – rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
If you are looking to add fruit and vegetable JUICE recipes to your diet as well, .
For extra detoxification benefits, a lemon turmeric flush first thing in the morning will do the trick. This isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s super simple.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Peanut butter and banana are most people’s favorite when it comes to flavor combos. It’s a really classic combination, that’s why this smoothie is so popular.
2 cups frozen sliced bananas
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
About the ingredients:
Bananas: You can buy frozen bananas at most grocery stores, or you can make your own at home for super cheap.
Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a great addition to all smoothies because it packed with protein and has a slightly tangy flavor. Feel free to use any kind of Greek yogurt such as plain or vanilla.
Flax seeds: Ground flax is where its at when it comes to smoothies because theyre easier to digest that way!
Almond Milk: This peanut butter banana smoothie recipe calls for unsweetened almond milk, but any kind of milk or liquid will work!
Vanilla Extract: If you dont have vanilla, you can just nix it.
Peanut Butter: Try to use all-natural peanut butter in our smoothies because its creamy and has no additives.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Slim-n-trim Recipes
Three Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
One of my nutrition goals is to make sure to fuel my body with nutritiously dense foods.
One of my favorite ways to get in some quick, easy, and healthy nutrition is with smoothies! I know adding vegetables to smoothies can still be a little taboo for some, so I wanted to create 3 veggie-packed smoothie recipes for beginners.
First of all, I promise you cant taste the veggies, and you wont even know that theyre there.
Why Add Vegetables To Smoothies
Vegetables are some of the healthiest foods on the planet. All vegetables are considered nutrient-dense foods, meaning they have a lot of vitamins and minerals in relation to their weight. Vegetables are key sources of various micronutrients, including:
- Blood sugar control
- Reduced risk of certain chronic diseases
Current guidelines recommend consuming 25-35 grams of fiber per day for women and 38 grams a day for men, from fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, and whole grains. Adding vegetables to smoothies helps increase the nutrition of your blend, and adds to your vegetable consumption for the day!
Smoothies For Toddlers With Food Allergies
If your toddler has food allergies, its easy to adjust a smoothie for them. If they are allergic to bananas, use 2 tablespoons avocado instead or try a teaspoon or two of nut butter. Use whichever type of milk you preferalmond, flax, coconut, rice, dairy, or even kefir.
Purple Passion Green Smoothie
This Purple Passion Green Smoothie recipe is a spinach smoothie recipe thats full of antioxidants thanks to the strawberries and blueberries. The flavors all blend perfectly into a really delicious, mellow, creamy weight loss smoothie thats also got a fun purple color.
Strawberries are packed full of vitamin C, naturally increasing metabolism. They are also a natural anti-inflammatory, making them perfect for enjoying after a workout, reducing muscle soreness, opening up breathing passages and reducing bloat .
Recommended Reading: Healthy Smoothies For Chemo Patients
Breakfast Smoothies For Kids
A smoothie is an excellent choice of breakfast because it is easy to prepare and is packed with nutrients that your child needs.
5. Papaya Smoothie
Papaya is rich in vitamins A and C, and minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. The fruit also has fiber and antioxidants that can help your kids stay healthy.
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- Peel the papaya and dice it.
- Add the papaya pieces, pineapple chunks, yogurt, coconut extract, flax seed, and ice to a blender and blend them for a minute, or until you have a smooth mixture.
- You can add water for consistency and blend again for a few seconds.
- Serve fresh.
6. Creamy Date Smoothie
Dates are sweet, low in sodium and rich in dietary fiber. They contain minerals like potassium, magnesium, and zinc, along with vitamins A, K, riboflavin, folate, thiamin, and niacin.
- 1/3 cup halved or pitted dates
- 3/4 cup milk
- Blend the dates and milk for a minute.
- Add crushed ice and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Serve fresh.
Having antioxidants, this smoothie is a good breakfast option for your kid.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- 2 small bananas
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Blend the berries, yogurt, sliced bananas, and ice for a minute, or until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve fresh.
Berry Good Workout Smoothie
Get the energy you need to power through your workout in minutes with this easy-to-make smoothie recipe. For an extra dose of calcium, try adding a teaspoon of Organic Kale Powder.
What youll need: 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 2 Tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, and 1/2 cup ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
Nutrition :162 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g protein, 41.5 g carbs , 32 g sugars
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
Dont Worry About The Taste This Fruit And Vegetable Smoothie Is Sweet And You Can Barely Taste The Green Veggies In It Even My Toddlers Chug This Down And Trust Me They Are Picky
When I drink my Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie I dont feel like I need to take any vitamin supplements. There are so many vitamins and minerals in this drink naturally! It also has yogurt for probiotics or you could substitute kefir for those awesome cultures also. Lastly, I like to add either chia seeds or flaxseeds for those essential omega 3 fatty acids.
Tips for Making Fruit and Veggie Smoothies:
Ideas for superfoods to add to your fruit and vegetable smoothie:
Best Fruit & Veggie Packed Smoothie Recipes
I rarely let a day pass without making some sort of veggie smoothie. Theyre just so easy, healthy and very refreshing in the Texas heat! I drink them every day which is why Im rounding up all of my favorite recipes so you can try yourself!
Smoothies are a healthy way to pack a ton of fruits and vegetables into your diet in a delicious tasting way. Over the years, Ive nailed down the perfect formula to get a smoothie that is creamy, sweet and wont make your blood sugar spike!
Also Check: Anti Anxiety Smoothie
Why Add Veggies To Smoothies
- Its an easy way to get in an extra serving of veggies for your daily intake
- Adding more veggies means adding less fruit-keeping your smoothie low in sugar
- Veggies are densely nutritious and great to consume for overall health
I encourage everyone to set a goal for 2018 to try and add some more veggies to your diet!
Now lets move on to the other ingredients in these smoothies.
I always like to add some sort of superfood to my smoothies to make them as nutritious as possible.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Juicing
According to the Mayo Clinic, by drinking freshly made juices, your body can absorb the nutrients better than eating whole fruits and vegetables and it gives your digestive system a rest from working on fiber. They say that juicing can reduce your risk of cancer, boost your immune system, help remove toxins from your body, aid digestion and help you lose weight. Fresh juices can give you a burst of energy and a clear mind.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Box Office Hours
Detox Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds
If you havent tried chia seeds yet, heres a great opportunity. These tiny but mighty seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for your heart. They also help you stay fuller longer, thanks to its plant protein power. Combined with spinach, unsweetened almond milk, frozen pineapple, and naturally sweet banana, this tasty mixture is the ultimate breakfast treat.
Can We Have Smoothie Daily
Yes, drinking homemade smoothie daily is totally fine, until and unless you are having control over the nutrients you are consuming. Since you are making the smoothie at home, you have total control over what ingredients you wish to use. Dieticians also recommended eating food, like when we chew and swallow food it is more beneficial rather than just drinking the smoothie.
So, drinking one smoothie daily is good for your health. There are many smoothie recipes that you can think of consuming. If you are very conscious about your weight and want to shed some pounds as early as possible, I will recommend you the 21-day smoothie diet. I have covered this topic later in the blog.
You May Like: Smoothie King Arena Concerts
Ultimate Fruit And Vegetable Smoothie
Get in your greens with this refreshing fruit and vegetable smoothie. Bright and citrusy, this smoothie is packed with superfood kale and spinach for a nutritious start to your morning. With warming ginger and zingy lemon, this green smoothie is big on flavor and has the perfect balance of nutrition and hydration. Make this fruit and veggie smoothie part of your morning routine for a tasty start to your day.
Big Blend Green Smoothie Recipe
- I start with 8 ounces of water
- Then I choose three vegetables. Typically, I use about 3 cups or large handfuls of spinach, one whole carrot and one or two small vine tomatoes.
- Next, I choose three fruits. I start with either mango, pear or apple for the base, then I add one whole orange and either 1 cup blueberries, strawberries or pineapple to flavor.
- Sometimes, I will add 1/4 avocado which helps give the smoothie a nice creamy texture while boosting the calories and healthy fat content to make the smoothie more satisfying.
Directions: Start by adding the liquid to your blender , followed by the soft fruit. Add the greens to your blender last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Metabolism Boosting Green Smoothie
This is a twist on a classic green smoothie recipe. Its a spinach smoothie recipe which blends perfectly with the delicious flavors of strawberry and oranges . Smoothies with spinach are some of my favorite green smoothie recipes.
The metabolism boosting secret is the almond milk, which contains extra protein and creaminess. Studies have shown that protein increases the thermic effect of food due to the extra calories required to digest it. This causes a rise in your metabolic rate .
Boost With Healthy Fats
Healthy plant-based fats enhance absorption of fat-soluble vitamins . They also add calories to a meal replacement smoothie without making it huge!
- Try adding 1/4-1/2 avocado for extra vitamin E and folate.
- A tablespoon or so of chia, flaxseed, or hemp seeds add plentiful omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber.
- Nuts and nut butters add protein, fat, and calories, turning single-serving smoothie into a calorie-sufficient meal that can work well with an intermittent fasting schedule.
- Young coconuts, with their high water content and soft flesh provides one of the richest souces of caclicum , as well as electrolytes and medium-chain fatty acids .
Also Check: Gladiator Smoothie Recipe
How To Make A Vegetable Smoothie
How to make your smoothie will depend on the recipe of choice but they all start out by selecting fresh vegetables or fruits that pair well together and then involve a blender to get them all smooth enough to drink through a straw. Added ingredients and added steps will be included in any recipe you choose to follow. Once you know how to make a healthy vegetable smoothie, youll be surprised you hadnt tried it sooner.
Green Smoothie Recipes For Quick Weight Loss
Green smoothie recipes are one of my favorite ways to lose weight quickly. I have been drinking green smoothies almost every day for over 4 years and still like to use them when Im feeling bloated or feel a cold/flu coming on.
Also called detox smoothies, fruit smoothies or vegetable smoothies, these easy green smoothie recipes make a deliciously easy way to get all your nutrients through a straw!
The American Cancer Society recommends that we eat 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day to prevent cancer and other diseases, and these recipes are a great way to get those servings .
Even kids love green smoothies! My daughter loves the Crazy for Kale Smoothie and of course has to have her own jar.
Green smoothie recipes are a great way to eat more veggies and to help you feel and look better fast!
In this article we will explain how to make green smoothies, the benefits of green smoothies, and we will supply you with the 10 best green smoothies so you can get started right away.
Read Also: 10 Day Detox Shake
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
Creamy almond butter offers healthy fats, while coconut water helps restore electrolytes after a tough workout. Greek yogurt and a scoop of whey keep the protein content high.
In a blender, add 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp. almond butter, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup ice. Process until smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 329 calories, 17 g fat, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs , 15 g sugars
Vegetable Smoothie Recipes That Youll Love
When you think of a smoothie, you might picture a delicious fruity drink. But smoothies do not need to be limited to just fruits.
Vegetables are packed with so many nutrients, a vegetable smoothie can be tasty and a simple way to make sure you get important nutrition in your diet. Making a veggie smoothie is a great way to squeeze another serving of vegetables into your day.
If you are not sure where to start when it comes to making a raw vegetable smoothie, then youre in the right place. Here are six smoothie recipes that you will love.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Virtual Seating