How To Make Smoothies Thicker
Youll notice in a lot of my smoothie recipes that I opt to use frozen fruit rather than ice. While ice is nice in adding instant chill and bulk to smoothies, Ive found that it makes them too watery .
Instead, I like to freeze fruit and throw that into the smoothie to make it thicker and more frosty. In this Strawberry Banana Smoothie, were using frozen strawberries for their convenience and cost efficiency, but you can also peel, chop, and freeze your bananas ahead of time for smoothies. I like to do this with my soon-to-go-bad bananas to give them a second shot at life.
Ingredients To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
You only need four ingredients to make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Grab some seasonal strawberries, sweet ripe bananas , creamy Greek yogurt and any milk of choice. If you want to keep the recipe dairy-free, you can use coconut yogurt or any other dairy-free yogurt along with plant-based milk, like almond milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
My Favorite Ingredients For Smoothies
I like to mix things up on the smoothie front by switching up the ingredients. For this Strawberry Banana Smoothie I used the following ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt
Thats it! And I used the frozen strawberries because it adds a frosty creaminess to the smoothie thats simply amazing.almost like dessert! Frozen fruit allows you to skip the addition of ice but if you want to make it even thicker then certainly throw in a few ice cubes to the mix to add bulk to the smoothie.
Read Also: Smoothie King Peach Slice Plus Recipe
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Then blend away, slowly ramping up to full speed! When the smoothie looks silky, take a taste test and decide if you want to add any sweetener. If you do, add the honey or maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds. If not, pour and enjoy!
How To Make Strawberry Puree Without A Blender Ideas
- Post author
How To Make Strawberry Puree Without A Blender. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until very smooth and no pieces of strawberries are visible. Add sliced strawberries to a large skillet, off the stove, and use a muddler , potato masher or fork to mash the strawberries into a thick, slightly chunky.
Add sugar and 2 cups of water to a saucepan. Add the strawberries to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
Also Check: Smoothie Center Seating Chart
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Shredder Recipe
How Do You Thicken Smoothies
5 Tips to Make a Smoothie Thicker Use frozen fruit or freeze fruit overnight. I always have a stash of bananas in the freezer because theyre perfect in smoothies! Freeze some of the liquid. Use the minimum amount of liquid. Add a scoop of raw oats or chia seeds. Blend protein powder or greens first.
Recommended Reading: Mango Pineapple Smoothie Mcdonalds Price
Ingredients For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Youll notice a lot of the traditional ingredients for a creamy smoother arent necessary. Theres no yogurt, no milk, no dairy to make it creamy! Just two pure, healthy ingredients that result in a plant based and vegan smoothie. Heres what youll need:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we dont always have them on hand. We customized this one to use a fresh banana so that you can make it immediately.
- Water and ice: For the body of the smoothie, youll just need a little water to get it to blend and ice for the perfect frothy texture.
Love plant based smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Arena Concerts
Tips For Making Smoothies
Here are a few tips for making the best smoothies possible:
- Start with ripe fruit. High quality fruit means better taste which makes a delicious smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit makes for a creamier, more refreshing smoothie.
- You dont need ice. Since youre using frozen fruit, theres also no need to include ice in the mixture. Your smoothie will be much more flavorful this way because the ice wont dilute the other ingredients.
- Plan ahead. Measure out the fruit for a few batches of smoothies into separate zip-top freezer bags. When its smoothie time, add the contents of one bag to the blender along with the milk and yogurt for a super quick breakfast or snack.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Add
This smoothie recipe is a great base recipe that you can customize with different ratios of the ingredients and easily add more ingredients to suit your preferences and diet. Here are some of my favorites add-ins:
- Protein Powder: Bulk up the smoothie by adding any protein powder you like. A vanilla flavored one works well to balance the flavors while giving you fuel.
- Greens: The color wont remain a pretty pink hue, but adding greens is a wonderful way to quickly absorb a few servings of vegetables. I like using spinach or kale most often in smoothies.
- Nuts and seeds: Think of adding peanut butter, almond butter or seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds or hemp seeds. They all add great plant-based protein and fiber.
- Sweeteners: While I think the strawberries and ripe bananas create a perfectly sweet smoothie, you may want to add some honey, maple syrup or agave syrup, especially if youre adding some veggies in there. I would recommend tasting first and adjusting as you see fit.
Recommended Reading: Gladiator Smoothie Recipe
The Right Blender For Smoothies
There is no wrong blender for smoothies. Youll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item youd like to splurge on.
My favorite picks
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if youre looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews with great reviews!
- If you dont blend a ton, it wouldnt make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender thats perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
What Do I Need For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Not only is this a super popular smoothie flavor, but it is also super simple! To make it, youll need:
- Frozen banana. The banana adds sweetness and creaminess, so it is one of my favorite smoothie ingredients to use.
- Frozen strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries too, but I prefer frozen. Frozen fruit serves to chill and thicken your smoothie, so you wont need to dilute the flavor with ice!
- Milk. You can use regular cows milk, unsweetened soy milk, or your unsweetened nut milk of choice. Coconut milk would give it a fun tropical twist.
- Plain Greek yogurt. This will help to thicken your smoothie.
- Honey or maple syrup. Bananas and strawberries can vary in sweetness, so youll want to give your smoothie a taste before adding any sweetener. You may be able to skip this ingredient entirely!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Do Smoothies Help You Poop
Smoothies may provide you with both soluble and insoluble fiber, both of which are needed for good health and regular bowel movements. Insoluble fiber is found in fruits and vegetables. Soluble fiber aids in the absorption of water, resulting in softer, more flexible stools, whereas insoluble fiber aids in the movement of waste throughout the intestines.
You May Like: Curl Smoothie Mielle
What Are The Health Benefits Of Strawberries
If you didnt know it already, strawberries are a cholesterol free, fat free, sodium free, low calorie fruit. Strawberries also contain a lot of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and a ton of other vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are loaded with potassium so if you ever get a leg cramp, try eating some strawberries!
Don’t Miss: 10 Smoothie Diet
How To Make An Apple And Carrot Smoothie Without A Blender
To start this smoothie, you have to juice two apples and three carrots in your juicer. Once you have the juice, you can add two tablespoons of plain yogurt to the glass and simply stir until you get a smoothie consistency.
You can also skip the yogurt and add some ice chips, stirring them into until they melt and thicken the juice to a smoothie consistency.
Can You Store This Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Actually, you can! Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But you can store this strawberry banana smoothie for 1 to 2 days refrigerated. Store it in a sealed container or a mason jar with the lid on. If it separates , just shake it up and youre good to go.
Why would you store it? Its actually perfect for breakfast on the good. Mix up a smoothie the night before, and you can enjoy it for breakfast the next day.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie For Depression
Is Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy
If you were to make the smoothie without the added sugar from the syrup then yes!
If you added yogurt or almond milk or even chia seeds to your smoothie then you also reap the benefits of the additional protein.
Flaxseeds are a great source of fiber.
Any additional fruits or vegetables you add to your smoothie are going to give you more vitamins and minerals all in one glass!
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This is my kids favorite smoothie! Its actually also my favorite to make since I always have the ingredients in my fridge! I would recommend keeping some ripe bananas in the freezer though so its ready to use in this strawberry banana smoothie anytime.
Place all the ingredients together in a high speed blender and blend until everything is smooth, creamy and deliciously pink. It should take about one minute to break down the frozen bananas and blend everything together.
It is truly that easy to make, and I usually have the kids throw in the ingredients and blend it themselves. They enjoy the smoothie so much more knowing they helped make it! Youre looking for a cold smoothie that has a thick but drinkable consistency. Enjoy it immediately while its cold. The recipe will make enough for two 12 ounce servings. So you can share with someone or save it for the next day.
You May Like: Smoothie Center Seating Chart
Is A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy
It can be, absolutely yes.
I highly recommend adding in fat, fiber, and protein if it’s going to be more of a meal replacement and not just a snack.
For fat, I recommend using MCT oil or a creamy nut butter.
If adding fiber, you can use chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds.
For protein, I love adding in collagen protein because it’s unflavored and doesn’t change the taste / texture of the smoothie at all.
A Few More Notes On This Recipe
- You could easily substitute another frozen fruit for the frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, or pineapple would all be delicious.
- If youre using only fresh fruit make sure to add a handful of ice to cool the smoothie down and thicken it up!
- If youre using only frozen fruit you may need to add a little extra liquid to make sure the smoothie will move freely through your blender blades.
- This smoothie could be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It wont be as thick if you drink it later but it will still be delicious!
- If you want to add some extra nutrients to this smoothie feel free to throw in some add ins! Chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, and collagen would all be good.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
Recipe Tips And Tricks
- If you don’t have frozen fruits, use un-frozen ones and add a few ice cubes to the blender while blending.
- Also, if using un-frozen fruits, reduce the amount of milk in the recipe.
- For me, the sweetness of fruits is sufficient in smoothies or sometimes I add a healthy sweetener like 1-2 dates. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie add any sweetener of your choice.
- If you use dates in the smoothie, I would recommend adding Medjool dates.
- In the blender put the liquids first and then add the other ingredients. It will make the blending process easier.
- The banana gives a body to smoothies and makes them creamier. However, it also has an overpowering taste. If you don’t like the taste of bananas skip it and add more strawberries. Also, reduce the amount of milk in that case otherwise the smoothie will become runny.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
If you want to make a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt, you can easily make this delicious smoothie with 3 ingredients! It takes less than 5 minutes to make this recipe!
Today I share my strawberry banana smoothie that is perfect for breakfast or a snack. You can make this smoothie when you want to have a healthy treat during your sweet cravings as well.
It makes 1 large or 2 regular-size smoothies.
This recipe has health benefits. Bananas and strawberries are rich in potassium and vitamin C. Vitamin C is good for our immune and skin health whereas potassium regulates blood pressure.
You can use your choice of milk. I am using whole milk which is rich in calcium, potassium and magnesium. These are good for bone and teeth health. You can read more about the benefits of milk by clicking the link.
Lets see the ingredients in detail.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Box Office
When Making A Smoothie What Goes First
Boost your smoothie game Step 1: Liquid. Pour liquids in first for efficient blending. Step 2: Base. Add soft and hard produce, and fibrous foods such as nuts and dried fruits, then frozen fruits. Step 3: Ice. The ice goes in last to help pull all the other ingredients down into the blades for even mixing.
Is Smoothie And Milkshake The Same
No, smoothie and milkshake are not the same.
The key difference between them is that the main ingredient in smoothies is fruit, generally frozen fruit and a liquid like milk/ yogurt/ coconut water is added to blend it.
However the main ingredient of a milkshake is milk/ ice cream and it’s flavored with different ingredients like fruits, chocolate, coffee, etc.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Banana Mango Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
Drinking smoothies every day is a good start to live a healthy life. There are many smoothie recipes available, but the banana mango smoothie recipe without yogurt is a perfect combination if you want to make your own fruit drink.
Both the mango and the banana are packed with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, thus it is guaranteed that this smoothie recipe is really a healthy choice.
Preparing this smoothie recipe is a lot easier as long as you gathered all the ingredients including the following:
- 1 large banana, ripe and sliced
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 2 cups mango chunks, frozen
Place all the ingredients in the machine until it becomes smooth. If youre using frozen mango chunks, make sure to use a high-powered blender. You can add ice cubes for cold drinks or chill the smoothie in your fridge after the process.
Do Blueberries And Strawberries Go Well Together
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Interactive Seating Chart
More Favorite Smoothies Recipes
You all know how I love smoothies. For me, smoothies are a way of packing in a huge dose of fruits and veggies that I might not otherwise have eaten. Case in point, these Tropikale Smoothies or these Watercress Smoothies. Here are several more ideas:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add a touch more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Can You Make Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Ahead
Yes, you can make this strawberry banana smoothie with almond milk ahead of time. If you want to make this ahead, I recommend one of two ways:
- Prep the ingredients: Place all of the ingredients, except the ice, in the blender. When you want your smoothie, add the ice and blend away. Make sure that the banana is under the milk so it doesnt brown, or just add the banana when you add your ice.
- Make-ahead: If you want to make this completely ahead, make the strawberry and banana smoothie as directed and store in a blender bottle. If youll eat it within the day, store in the refrigerator. If you want to make it further ahead than that, store the bottle in the freezer and take out to thaw the night before you want it. Give it a good shake until its all incorporated again and youve got a healthy breakfast on-the-go!
TIP: Meal prep this smoothie by freezing a few servings in blender bottles and take out of the freezer as needed.
Also Check: Smoothie King Interview Questions