Is It Enough For Breakfast
The danger of smoothies is that its very easier to not add enough to them to keep you full for the morning. These bowls however are packed full of healthy ingredients that are full of fiber. One bowl is around 300 calories so its a perfect breakfast choice.
Healthy smoothie bowls are one of my go to breakfasts on busy mornings. Kids love them just as much as the grown ups and they are so easy to make. Are you going to jump n the smoothie bowl train?!
Reasons To Make Frozen Fruit Strawberry Smoothies
- These smoothies are not your average frozen strawberry and yogurt mash up. Its frozen strawberries and orange creme flavored yogurt!
- You can make this smoothie recipe year round with frozen berries.
- It makes a healthy dessert that kids will actually want to have again and again.
- They can be a quick to make breakfast that tastes fantastic and is both healthy and filling.
- Did I mention that its highly portable? Take it with you for a tasty refreshing snack.
- This strawberry smoothie is better than a milkshake, and better for you!
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day! Its perfect if youre limited on counter space.
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter-level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Also Check: Night Time Smoothie For Weight Loss
Every Smoothie Lover Asked A Question How To Make A Healthy Yogurt Or Milk Free Smoothie
For making best smoothie, there have some tips for you. At first, learn the tips and then start your experiments.
All in all, it is my recommendation that you should make your own test. Just let your fantasy stream and make your favorite smoothie recipes. Enjoy your experiment!
What Else Can Be Prepared Apart From Smoothies
I get it that it is all about making the perfect smoothies. But that versatile blender can do much more than that. Make maximum use of these blenders. Some smoothie blenders also come with a blade that is suitable for grinding.
Thus if you are fond of freshly grounded spices, these blenders would serve the purpose. Smoothie blenders can cut through hard veggies in a blink of an eye. You would often see in cafes that they use the blenders to prepare milkshakes, juices, frappes, etc.
Their fast speed and coarsely blending technique make it feasible to use for the preparation of soups, salad dressings, sauces, and dips. You can start your morning by preparing a fresh pancake batter in the blender. Another thing these blenders might make for you are nuts and seeds butter. If you like your butter smooth, this will work wonders.
After listing so many uses of blenders, Im sure youve already grabbed a cookbook. You must buy a good quality blender, which will not only last long but fulfill all these needs.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seat Map
Are Smoothies Healthy For You
Before we dive into the quest of how to make a fruit smoothie, lets dive into the why. Our philosophy here at Wholefully is that smoothies can be an incredibly nourishing part of your diet. Just like with our juicing recipes, we say its always better to eat whole fruits and veggies where possible. But its not always possible! Smoothies do make it easy to pack in all the nutrients of your favorite produce into one drinkable cupwhich is great when youre on the go or short on time.
And lets be honest, smoothies are just freaking delicious! We are big believers that you also need to nourish your soul with your food, and if drinking a perfectly tangy and sweet smoothie brings a smile to your face, then thats healthy as healthy can be.
Top 5 Frozen Berry Smoothie Recipes
Frozen berries are a great alternative to fresh berries as you can preserve them for longer while maintaining all the nutritious flavors.
Our smoothie mixes use organic fruits and vegetables flash-frozen to ensure they’re always at peak freshness and there’s no waste.
Make these recipes even easier by using our Berry smoothie mix!
Here are our top 5 frozen berry smoothie recipes!
Don’t Miss: Curl Smoothie Mielle
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
Creamy almond butter offers healthy fats, while coconut water helps restore electrolytes after a tough workout. Greek yogurt and a scoop of whey keep the protein content high.
In a blender, add 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp. almond butter, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup ice. Process until smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 329 calories, 17 g fat, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs , 15 g sugars
More Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
- Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie Under 100 calories for a creamy, rich & satisfying smoothie that tastes like the real deal!
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie A healthy, no-sugar-added smoothie that tastes like a blueberry pie! So good!
- Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies No added sugar! Cool, refreshing and they go down so easily! Optionally add alcohol and makes a great party drink.
- Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!
- Make-Ahead Smoothie Freezer Packs Prep your breakfasts and snacks for the week with these easy and DELISH freezer pack smoothie recipes!! Theyll make your mornings and your life so much EASIER!!
- Strawberry Coconut Pina Colada Smoothie A smoothie that tastes like a strawberry pina colada!! Fast, easy, refreshing, naturally sweet, and made with ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!!
Also Check: Overnight Smoothie For Weight Loss
And Check Out Some Of Our Favorite Smoothie Hacks Too:
- How to Freeze Strawberries. There are lots of ways to use frozen strawberries, but smoothies are definitely one of my favorites!
- Smoothie Booster Packs. Never let spinach go bad again! Drop these frozen smoothie packs into your smoothies to boost the nutrition.
- 3 Ways to Meal Prep Smoothies. Yes, you can make ahead smoothies! And we have three ways to show you how.
Creating This Frozen Fruit Smoothie With Yogurt
I love smoothies. Theyre fast, easy, healthy, and refreshing. This one has just three ingredients but youd never know it based on how creamy, smooth, and satisfying it is.
I got the ingredients at Vons. Look for the new tag at your local Vons or Safeway stores to find new items like these at great values. I used Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk, Silk Strawberry Dairy-Free Yogurt, and a frozen mixed berry blend of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
I love baking and making smoothies with Silk products because theyre so low in calories and fat, theyre vegan and dairy-free, and I always get impressive-tasting results.
Between the naturally sweet fruit and the strawberry yogurt, I didnt need to add sugar to the smoothie. Love it when that happens!
The recipe as written will serve two, and you can freeze the second portion for later. Or get creative and make frozen yogurt popsicles with it. However you try it, youre going to love it!
Read Also: Smoothie King Bahama Mama
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Tropical Papaya Perfection Smoothie
This coconut-infused breakfast smoothie tastes just as decadent as a milkshake. One sip will immediately transport you to a tropical island.
Cut 1 papaya into chunks and blend it with 1 cup of fat-free, plain yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup crushed ice, 1 tsp. coconut extract, and 1 tsp. ground flaxseed. Process the mixture for about 30 seconds, or until its smooth and frosty.
Nutrition :299 calories, 1.5 g fat, 13 g protein, 64 g carbs , 44 g sugars
Also Check: Smoothie King Seating
How Do You Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
I personally have a blender meant just for smoothies but its not necessary any blending machine will work. Toss your blend of frozen fruit, juice, and Greek yogurt into the blender and mix until smooth. I chose to use blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and mango for a tart, yet sweet, blend of fruits.
This recipe makes two servings but can easily be adjusted to make only one serving, or more servings, whatever you desire. Simply cut the recipe in half for one serving. If you double the amount of ingredients called for, remember that it will bump it to four servings since this is enough to make two servings. Each serving is around 16 ounces each.
There are a lot of great juices out there that would work well in your fruit smoothie. I typically use apple juice because its readily available and a neutral flavor base, but other great options are
- White grape juice
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
You can even use milk, almond milk or coconut milk instead of juice for your smoothie.
I typically use whatever odds and ends of fruit I happen to have in my freezer. You can really mix and match however you like here, just use the same quantity of the fruits listed in the recipe. Some other great fruit options to use are
Can You Freeze Them
I recommend that you enjoy these bowls as soon as youve made them, but you can prep ahead and freeze them once youve made them if you like. Make the smoothies and then freeze them in ziplock bags. Let the smoothies defrost in the fridge the night before and then add to your bowl with your favorite toppings.
Read Also: Best Seats At Smoothie King Center
Peanut Butter And Berry Smoothie:
Peanut butter is packed full of healthy protein and fat. It would be recommended to use a natural peanut butter that is less processed, and has no added sugar. Combine that with fresh or frozen berries for a super dose of antioxidants and vitamins, and a boost of fiber, and you have a healthy yet delicious smoothie. Tofu provides added protein and texture, and again, we see almond milk as an ingredient.
It brings up feelings of moms peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, with the grape juice for sweetness giving it that nostalgia. Peanut butter is low in carbohydrates, at about 6 grams per two tablespoons. It does have some of all of the kinds of fats . There are good fats in the mix that promote HDL cholesterol, or good cholesterol in your blood stream.
Saturated fat is about 16% of daily allowance. Peanut butter provides some B6 and magnesium, and is low in salt.I live in an area of NC where blueberries are king. There are blueberry farms on the back roads in the interior of our coastal countie, and I have visited many farm workers to discuss their diabetes.We have a fall Farm Worker and Spanish speaking diabetes class that I teach, and they always give me fresh blueberries when I go out to visit the camps. Besides being antioxidants, blueberries provide Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and manganese.
Top 10 Pregnancy Smoothies
Bust out your blender and try one of these healthy and nutritious pregnancy smoothies that are a breeze to make at home.
This is the ultimate smoothie for pregnancy, containing as many essential nutrients as a smoothie possibly can. It’s perfect to drink for lunch throughout your whole pregnancy and even postpartum while youre breastfeeding.
The ingredients are:
- 1 ½ cups organic frozen berries
- 1 generous serving of organic greens
- 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic flax/hemp seeds
- 6-8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Just blend this up in a blender for one minute and enjoy!
2. Mango Ginger Prenatal Smoothie
This recipe will help ease morning sickness and provides protein, probiotics, and many essential nutrients.
The ingredients are:
- cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mango
Don’t Miss: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
What Do I Use To Sweeten A Smoothie
All of these smoothies here use frozen fruit as a base, which adds a nice baseline of sweetness that you can build on if your tastebuds would like. My recommendation is to blend up your smoothie without any added sweetener, then taste. Add in honey or maple syrup to taste. Many times, I dont need to add anything! Another great natural option for sweetening: pitted Medjool dates. Throw in one or two of those bad boys and let the blender do its thing. Youd be amazed at how sweet your smoothie will be!
Avocado Cherry And Almond Milk Smoothie:
This recipe has cherries, one of my favorite seasonal fruits. Cherries are good for you, and provide a wide variety of dietary benefits, including adding fiber to your diet, and 16% of daily Vitamin C. There is no fat, and no salt in cherries. They provide just 90 calories and 22 grams of carbohydrates per cup. A half cup serving is usually an ample amount when added with the other ingredients in this smoothie. Avocado may seem to be an unlikely pairing with cherries, but you will be pleasantly surprised at the taste. Avocados are good for you, but they are very high in fat content. Therefore, portion size with avocado is important.
They provide some fiber, vitamin K, folate, and pantothenic acid. There are 21 grams of fat, with only 15% in the saturated fat category, so avocados are mostly made up of good fats. There are 12 grams of carbohydrates, and a high potassium level, though avocados are low in salt. Added in small amounts to the diet, avocados are a source of good fats to increase HDL, or good cholesterol. You will also add a half a cup of fresh blueberries, and a half cup of almond milk to this smoothie. Yum!It is recipe # 5 here:
You May Like: Smoothie King Arena Box Office
How Can I Make My Smoothie Healthier
The smoothie recipes below are plain, but if you want to expand your smoothie horizons, go for it! Toss in chia seeds or protein powder or hemp seeds or flax or whatever else makes your heart happy. If you have a standard set of mix-ins you like, you can even freeze them into booster packsgreat for really quick and easy smoothies!
How To Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Making frozen fruit smoothies isnt rocket science. A little down below, youll find my favorite frozen fruit smoothie recipes.
If you want to create your own smoothie recipes, heres how you can do it.
If you want to avoid the five major mistakes people make when making smoothies, check out this article: How Long Do Smoothies Last?
1. Start with a Liquid Base
When were making frozen fruit smoothies, we want to start with a base. Its best to always have some liquid in our smoothies. One serving usually needs about ½ 1 cup of liquid. Good options are:
- filtered water
- nut milk
- soy milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, rice milk, etc.
- dairy milk
- fruit juice
The lowest calorie version is obviously plain water. Unsweetened nut milk or coconut water can also be a healthy, low-fat, and low-calorie choice.
Adding too much fruit juice may spike your blood sugar levels, so its best not to overdo it.
Also, be careful with coconut milk , as its high in fat and calories.
2. Add Some Frozen Fruits
After youve chosen your liquid base, its time to add some fruits to your smoothie. Id recommend using both frozen fruits and fresh fruits in smoothies.
If youre using too many frozen ingredients, it can make your smoothie too slushy.
If you dont use any ice or frozen fruits, your smoothie wont taste as good as it could.
Every smoothie I make will have some frozen ingredients in it.
You can completely skip the ice, and add some frozen fruits or veggies instead.
Don’t Miss: Gladiator Smoothie King Recipe