The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
Strawberry & Peach Smoothie
Since peach and strawberry season overlap, itd be rude not to combine the two into a summery glass of goodness. We prefer our smoothies without yogurt but you can add a little if you like. Our recipe includes a handful of leafy greens to instantly multiply its nutritional value.
- 1 peach
- 10 spinach leaves
Blend the leaves with peach until smooth, then add the strawberries. Since peaches are so juicy you shouldnt need any additional liquid, but judge it based on your own preferences and add a little water if you prefer.
How To Make This Strawberry Mango Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is crazy easy to make. My recommendations are to have a really nice, high powered blender . This will allow you to get the best consistency.
SMOOTHIE BOWL INSTRUCTIONS: To make a Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl, simple reduce the coconut water to 1/4 cup. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the blender as necessary to ensure that all of the fruit gets blended in.
Read Also: Dr Oz Shake Recipes
Variations On This Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can always make things more interesting by mixing up the fruit: throw in some raspberries, pineapple, mango really, anything goes!
- Add grains theyre a great source of fiber, protein, and varying vitamins and minerals. Add quick oats, ground flax, or wheat bran to give your smoothie a boost and give it more staying power.
- Swap the yogurt and milk for probiotic yogurt and kefir Im a big believer in the power of probiotics and this is an easy way to get them!
- Add a scoop of protein powder if thats your schtik.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or a spoonful of cocoa powder for a dessert-like treat.
Pin this recipe to save for later
Make Ahead And Meal Prep
Meal Prep: Place 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 banana cut into chunks, and half of a 5-oz. container of yogurt into a freezer safe storage bag. Place in freezer until ready to use.
Day of Serving: Let bag of fruit and yogurt thaw slightly at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Add fruit and yogurt to a blender with ¼ cup milk and 1 tablespoon honey and blend until smooth.
Also Check: Smoothie Detox Challenge
Ingredients For Strawberry Smoothies:
- Strawberries: The main ingredient! I love using fresh strawberries, but frozen strawberries are an option. Remove strawberry tops to preserve the pretty pink color.
- Coconut Milk: My favorite base giving this smoothie a tropical flavor. See below for other options.
- Bananas: A staple ingredient for many smoothies, gives a nice creamy texture.
- Pineapple: More tropical flavor for this delicious treat and the frozen chunks serve as a flavorful ice so this smoothie is packed full of flavor!
Strawberry Mango Smoothie Ingredients
Like most smoothies, this one is super simple to make and doesnt require a lot of ingredients. You can find the full, printable recipe below in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Lets take a look at what youll need:
- strawberries frozen strawberries either whole, or halved, see notes below on using fresh fruit.
- mango chunks best results if using frozen mango. See notes below on using fresh fruit.
- banana slices the banana can either be fresh or frozen, whichever is most convenient. The banana adds creaminess to the smoothie.
- ice cubes you can use cubes or crushed ice.
- coconut water the coconut water is delicious in this recipe but I have lots of suggestions on other liquids that you can use in this recipe, see below.
Add one scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder to this mango and strawberry smoothie for a protein boost!
Don’t Miss: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
Best Starbucks Smoothie Recipes To Make At Home
When your sweet tooth needs to be satisfied and makes you look for some pretty dessert or when your stomach calls for some delicious and wholesome meal on the plate, most of the time, the only thing coming to your mind is taking the trouble and trying to prepare some time-wasting and unhealthy foodstuff in your kitchen. However, you dont really need to worry about your meal or treat throughout your day in the office or spare time at home. There is actually one simple and at the same time, lets say, enjoyable way of fulfilling the needs of your palate while consuming all healthy: Smoothies.
Speaking of this amazing all-fruit-blended and nutrition-pureed beverage stuff, it would be a great lack if we dont mention one of the biggest and most popular coffeehouse chains, Starbucks, and its well-flavored smoothies as well. Below, you will be reading about the savory aromas and diverse ingredients of the best smoothies of the company along with easy and simple recipes regarding each and every one of them. Although reaching the same taste and sweetness of these smoothies is quite hard, you can also work miracles using various kinds of ways on your own. Lose no time in trying these recipes and enjoy your perfect smoothie!
My Favorite Ingredients For Smoothies
I like to mix things up on the smoothie front by switching up the ingredients. For this Strawberry Banana Smoothie I used the following ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt
Thats it! And I used the frozen strawberries because it adds a frosty creaminess to the smoothie thats simply amazing.almost like dessert! Frozen fruit allows you to skip the addition of ice but if you want to make it even thicker then certainly throw in a few ice cubes to the mix to add bulk to the smoothie.
Read Also: Smoothie King Box Office
How To Make Panera Strawberry Smoothie
In this post, I will share the recipe for an easy, fresh and healthy smoothie called Panera Strawberry Smoothie. This smoothie is low in calories, has full of nutrition, and is super simple to make. You can serve it along with your favorite bread or just eat it on its own. The recipe makes 2 servings, however, you can make a large batch and freeze it as well.
Kid Favorite: Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry smoothie recipe is a healthy option for the entire family! Made with fresh berries, yogurt, and almond milk for a healthy sweet treat. Perfect breakfast addition to serve with scrambled eggs or afternoon snack.
Looking for more breakfast inspiration? Check out this list of over 100 Breakfast ideas!
You May Like: Detox Smoothie Diet For Weight Loss
How To Hull Strawberries:
The hull is the green leafy cap at the top of a strawberry. We hull strawberries to keep the color consistent in the smoothie. Hulling a strawberry is easy using a small pairing knife, make a circular cut around the top, aiming towards the center to remove the top like a cork.
A strawberry huller makes this job really quick and easy with minimal waste since you remove the hull with one circular motion and you dont have to cut away any portion of the strawberry flesh.
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Freeze fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries will have the most flavor and will be the sweetest. Freezing them captures that flavor and still results in a cold and creamy consistency.
- Add extra nutrients. Make this smoothie even healthier by adding in spinach, protein powder, oats, and even more fruit.
- Start with the banana. Loading the blender with the softer ingredients next to the blade allows for easier mixing.
- Test for sweetness. The amount of sweetener you need depends on how sweet your fruit and yogurt is. Sample the smoothie then add the sweetener as needed to taste.
Recommended Reading: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Can I Make This With Greek Yogurt
You can make this yogurt smoothie with Greek yogurt if you prefer. The result will be slightly thicker, but it will also contain more protein. Try it both ways and see what you thinkand if your toddler has a thickness preference!
TIP: We love this strawberry yogurt smoothie without banana as an easy option if youre out or if you have a banana allergy in the house.
Healthy Yogurt Smoothie For Kids
A simple yogurt smoothie doesnt need a lot of ingredientsso its affordable and quick to make. We love it as is, or with crackers or a muffin for a more substantial meal or snack. It has all of the natural sweetness you want in a kid smoothie, plus protein, calcium, Vitamin C and fiber. My toddler drinks it from a straw cup or in a reusable Squeasy Gear Pouch.
TIP: This is a nice starter smoothie for kids who are still learning to like them.
Also Check: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
Tips For The Ideal Smoothie
This is one of those basic recipes that you just cannot get wrong, but there are things you should always keep in mind whatever kind of smoothie you are making.
- Order Matters: To get that perfectly smooth creamy texture you want to layer your greens and liquid closest to the blades. Then add your frozen fruit and add-ins. So if your blade is on the bottom layer the liquid then greens, then the rest. If your blade is the lid, place half the liquid in the bottom, add in the frozen fruit and add-ins, place the greens last and add the rest of your liquid.
- The Mixer is Vital: You want to make sure your blender is up to the task. If you are a smoothie addict, it is worth investing in a powerful blender that can get the job done and not burn out.
- Leave The Ice Outand Opt for Frozen Fruit: Adding ice to make your smoothie cold actually just dilutes your smoothie. Using frozen fruit will create a thick smooth cold smoothie with all the flavor intact.
- Sneak in Those Greens: Smoothies are a great way to add greens to your diet without having to actually taste them. Adding spinach and kale are two of the favorites which add nutrients without a ton of flavor. Use baby kale and spinach for sweeter flavors which are easier to blend.
- Protein and Fats: Smoothies are a great way to add in protein and healthy fats that can help you feel fuller longer. Nut butter, chia seeds, hemp, flaxseed, and even frozen avocado. Trust me avocado creates the smoothest creamiest smoothie youll ever have.
A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a strawberry smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients, 15 grocery items to be exact.
I stopped in wonder. Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?
Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax, or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasnt fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a simple strawberry smoothie.
Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesnt make sense.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha
How To Make Strawberries Smoothies
These strawberry smoothies are easy to make. Theyre surprisingly filling, since they offer a good amount of protein and fiber. Whip them up for breakfast, or any time youre in the mood for ice creamtheyre that good.
Frozen strawberries offer characteristic berry flavor, antioxidants and a fun pink color. One 10-ounce bag or about 2 cups will be just right. If possible, buy organic strawberries as conventional berries are notoriously high in pesticide exposure.
Frozen bananas make this smoothie lusciously creamy and naturally sweet.
Almond butter offers extra creaminess, plus protein, fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
Vanilla almond milk makes this smoothie as creamy as possible . Buy unsweetened to avoid refined sugar. My favorite brands are Malk, Three Trees and Foragers. Or use water, for a slightly less luxurious texture.
For a sweeter smoothie, add maple syrup, to taste. The bananas are typically sweet enough for me, but a little drizzle of maple syrup makes this smoothie taste like a milkshake.
For extra sticking power, you can add up to 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats and/or up to 2 tablespoons flax seed . Flax makes leftover smoothies almost pudding-like in texture, and I like that!
They Can Ease Arthritis Inflammation
Apparently, you need to eat more than 16 of these little red gems per week to get this kind of benefit. But thats pretty doable with just two smoothies.
And its not just arthritis sufferers who can benefit from their anti-inflammatory properties. People with asthma and atherosclerosis can also find them beneficial.
You May Like: King Center Box Office Hours
More Vitamin C Than An Orange
Vitamin C is well-known for keeping the immune system functioning at its best. But did you know that it also helps strengthen the eyes and protect them from the suns damaging rays? Plus, its an antioxidant which means it can help to reduce the risk of cancer by protecting cells from damage and mutation.
Tasty tip Pairing strawberries with blueberries in a smoothie will get you an even better vitamin C hit. The anti-oxidants in blueberries also enhance the effects of vitamin C, so you get even more immune boosting benefits.
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
First, add your milk of choice to the bottom of a high speed blender.
You will need a high powered blender to make this recipe, as it is quite thick and a normal blender would most likely not be able to handle it.
Adding the milk first to the blender will help it blend easier.
You need a higher powered blender if you want that super thick texture.
Add your frozen strawberries and bananas over the milk, and blend it all up!
This smoothie is super thick, so you might need to stop blending and use a spoon to mix it all around.
Be patient, it will blend!
I gladly take a few extra minutes to help the smoothie blend instead of adding more milk.
As far as smoothies go, the thicker the better in my opinion!
Read Also: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
How To Freeze Strawberries
If you have a lot of fresh strawberries you can always freeze your own. Then use them to add to your smoothie later!
In order to prevent the strawberries from sticking together when frozen, you can follow these steps for freezing fresh strawberries:
How to Freeze Strawberries
More About This Recipe
- With just three ingredients and a quick spin in the blender, you can have a fruit-packed smoothie in just 10 minutes. The thick texture and tang of Yoplait® Original yogurt is a perfect complement to the sweet, fruit, and making it at home gives you a jump start to a streamlined, better-for-you day. Now that youve mastered this easy strawberry smoothie recipe, you can make smoothies a regular part of your routine. Weve also got some handy tips for making smoothies even easier with make-ahead versions. For new ideas and inspiration, check out the rest of Bettys best smoothie recipes.
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES used under license.
You May Like: Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
Use Pasteurised Eggs When Using Raw Eggs
Because Im using raw eggs in my smoothies, I always look for pasteurized eggs, which have been treated to prevent salmonella. In the UK, all the eggs that have a lion trade mark have been pasteurized and treated against salmonella. In 2022, this is pretty much all the eggs sold in major supermarkets.
In the USA, make sure that you look for a egg carton that has a specific description that states that your eggs have been pasteurized to get rid of any potential bacteria that could cause salmonella.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart