Why You Should Make This Strawberry Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit. In fact, frozen strawberries make the smoothie extra creamy.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save for later. Details below.
How Do You Make A Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothies: Tips And Tricks
Thereâs no type of smoothie that is more loved than strawberry banana smoothies. Itâs one of the most loved smoothies by both kids and adults. Smoothies are great for your body since they pack in some fruits with a combination of yogurt and milk for a healthy and macro balanced snack or meal. Here are some useful tips and tricks to making a tasty Strawberry Banana Smoothie
You May Like: Smoothie King Concert Seating Chart
Should I Put Yogurt In My Smoothie
A lot of smoothie shops and restaurants use ice cream to create that signature flavor and texture.
Kim and I drink a lot of smoothies and the idea of eating that much ice cream on a regular basis would do a number on our health.
So, we started using yogurts and frozen fruit to re-create the same texture without all the added sugar and fat.
In closing, if the choice comes down to yogurt or ice cream, then yes, you should put yogurt in your smoothies.
Why We Love This Smoothie
- Balanced: The smoothie contains all four food groups, which makes it a great balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast or snack option. Its very filling so it can serve as a meal all in itself.
- Quick and easy: If youre looking for a quick breakfast on the go, this smoothie will do the trick! It only consists of five simple ingredients , so you can blend it all up in just a few minutes and drink it before you head out the door or on the go.
- Kid-friendly: The vibrant pink colour makes this smoothie really fun, especially for kids! Its a tasty way to incorporate more fibre, protein, calcium and omega-3s into your familys day!
Also Check: Smoothie King Coffee Drinks
Tips And Tricks For How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Use your favorite milk for this recipe, I use whole milk because thats what I always have on hand but you can also use low-fat milk or non-dairy milk like almond milk.
- Instead of using a plain yogurt you can also use a strawberry, vanilla, or banana flavored yogurt or greek yogurt.
- You can either add the ice cubes to the blender with all the other ingredients or put them in a glass and serve the smoothie over ice.
- Frozen strawberries work best in smoothies because they are frozen perfectly ripe and make the smoothie thick and frosty.
- The banana should be ripe and have a few brown spots. Ripe bananas are sweeter so you dont have to add extra sweetener to the smoothie. If your banana isnt as ripe as it should be you can add a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
- This recipe makes two big glasses but you can also double the recipe. Just make sure not to overfill your blender!
Why Freeze Strawberries For This Frozen Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
Frozen fruit in a smoothie gives smoothies a creamy, frosty, thick texture that can’t be achieves if you use fresh fruit . Psychologically, the thick texture of the smoothie also helps me feel full faster because it gives the illusion of more density and volume. Another advantage is that you can take advantage of using fruits that are not seasonal and still enjoy them for the rest of the year.,
Strawberry smoothies like this frozen strawberry greek yogurt are great for you to start the day. Greek yogurt is packed with protein, whereas strawberries are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C – which means all good things.
Before you go away, I do want to add that I still love eating fresh fruit and nothing can replace the fiber in fresh fruit. But when I want breakfast in 10 minutes, this frozen strawberry greek yogurt smoothie really does the job!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Box Seats
Can I Make This With Greek Yogurt
You can make this yogurt smoothie with Greek yogurt if you prefer. The result will be slightly thicker, but it will also contain more protein. Try it both ways and see what you thinkand if your toddler has a thickness preference!
TIP: We love this strawberry yogurt smoothie without banana as an easy option if youre out or if you have a banana allergy in the house.
Why Is This The Best Strawberry And Banana Smoothie
We love this strawberry banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
Also Check: Smoothie King Benefits
Are Strawberries Good For You
Strawberries are one of natures most versatile and tasty fruits and are also a good source of natural antioxidants. Strawberries can help reduce the risk of cataracts and cancer, prevent heart disease, improve brain health, and aid in weight loss.
Strawberries also provide a boost to the immune system and are also anti-inflammation and anti-hair-loss agents. They also improve skin health.
How To Make A Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
First, start by washing your strawberries and removing the stems. After that, place them in a large freezer bag.
Next, put the bag of fruit into your freezer overnight or for at least 2-3 hours so the berries can freeze.
Then, place the frozen strawberries, Greek yogurt, honey, and almond milk into a large counter-top blender.
Alternatively, if you have a food processor, you could use that as well.
Now, pulse the ingredients until theyre smooth and creamy.
Personally, I recommend using a spoon to do a taste test. Add more honey, if needed and pulse once more to blend everything.
Last, transfer the smoothies to glasses and enjoy! Thats it your strawberry Greek yogurt smoothie is done!
We hope you enjoy the treat and wish you the best
Recommended Reading: Best Gladiator Smoothie Combinations
Variations On This Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can always make things more interesting by mixing up the fruit: throw in some raspberries, pineapple, mango really, anything goes!
- Add grains theyre a great source of fiber, protein, and varying vitamins and minerals. Add quick oats, ground flax, or wheat bran to give your smoothie a boost and give it more staying power.
- Swap the yogurt and milk for probiotic yogurt and kefir Im a big believer in the power of probiotics and this is an easy way to get them!
- Add a scoop of protein powder if thats your schtik.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or a spoonful of cocoa powder for a dessert-like treat.
Pin this recipe to save for later
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab and blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard . For bananas, peel them, slice and then arrange on the baking sheet.
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep in the freezer for your next smoothie.
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena Events
Best Blenders For Smoothies
When making a smoothie recipe at home there are a few ways you can blend it together. Here are the pros and cons of each method:
- High-speed individual blender such as aNutribullet. This option makes for super easy clean-up, but is best for just 1-2 servings.
- Large high-speed blender such as aVitamix. Best for making a large batch, but calls for more cleanup.
- 6 cup+ food processor such as a Cuisinart Food Processor. A last resort since it does not blend up the smoothie as easily, but it will get the job done.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Would you like a healthy, balanced smoothie that tastes like a dessert? Here is my strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe that gives you just that. Its high in protein and vitamins, low in fat, and most carbs come from fresh fruit. The best thing is that its absolutely delightful. My kids love it. They say it tastes like melted fruit gelato. There is nothing better than starting a day with this healthy and nutritious drink.
I like to use a lot of strawberries in this smoothie. Strawberries are delicious on their own, and the extra berries really make this smoothie shine. I use two heaping cups of fresh strawberries per one cup of yogurt and one banana.
Plain Greek yogurt adds a bit of tartness. Adding two teaspoons of honey, maple syrup or white sugar will balance it out. If you like your smoothie even sweeter, add another teaspoon or two.
What blender you use to make this smoothie really matters. To liquefy the ingredients in this recipe you need a powerful blender, like the ever popular, super-duper Vitamix 5200 Series blender, which claims to spin the blades at 37,000 RPM at peak power.
If you have a standard blender, you may need to add half a cup of your favorite juice to achieve the desired consistency.
To make the smoothie a little thicker you can add a cup of ice cubes. Ice is also a welcome addition on hot summer days, making the smoothie very refreshing.
Read Also: Bahama Mama Smoothie King
The Health Benefits Of Strawberries Yogurt And Date Syrupthe Nutrition Behind Your New Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
As you can see, this smoothie recipe is an excellent source of fiber! Dietary fiber has several health benefits, ranging from weight loss to cancer prevention to better gut health. It also helps stabilize blood sugar, which lowers the risk for developing heart disease or diabetes. Although each of the add-on suggestions are nutritious and essential, lets focus on the health benefits of the original 3 Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt.
The Health Benefits of Yogurt
Since yogurt is a fermented food, it contains live bacteria that your body needs to thrive. These healthy, or good bacteria are called probiotics. Probiotics promote a robust immune system, reduce and prevent digestive problems, and even help treat symptoms of PTSD and depression!
Interestingly, the fats in full-fat dairy yogurt are quite good for you. Unlike the trans fats in many packaged foods, organic dairy products contain a healthy type of fat called conjugated linoleic acid . Studies have shown that CLA fats help decrease inflammation. It also helps prevent clogged arteries.
Consuming foods with CLA is even linked to less body fat and more lean muscle mass. In other words, regularly drinking your new strawberry smoothie recipe with yogurt could help with weight loss!
Below, you can see the the many vitamins, minerals, and macro-nutrients present in one cup of full fat yogurt.
Nutrition Facts for One Cup of Full Fat Yogurt
- 8.5 grams of protein
How To Meal Prep Your Smoothies In Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.
You May Like: Slim N Trim Vanilla
Ingredients For Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For this recipe you will need these ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries I love buying strawberries when they are in season and freezing them myself, but if you dont have any or they are not in season, use any frozen berry you have on hand.
- Frozen bananas Bananas are one of my favorite fruit to add to smoothies, it adds sweetness and creaminess.
- Milk or water You can use any milk youd like if you decide to go with the milk option. The smoothie will be more rich if you use milk instead of water.
- Greek yogurt Greek yogurt adds creaminess and whole lot of protein to this healthy smoothie recipe.
- Sugar free whipped cream- This is an optional ingredients, but if you want to make a show stopped smoothie, definitely go for it. Top your smoothie with whipped cream and a strawberry slice for a super pretty look.
Find More Easy Vegetarian Breakfast Recipesand Reach Your Healthy Eating Goals
I hope you enjoy making this 3 Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt Recipe! Dont be afraid to play around with things and truly make it your own!
Thanks for visiting the Mu Mu Muesli food blog! I hope youll stick around, leave a comment or question, and check out some more blog posts.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Tours
How To Make Ahead Smoothies
I do not recommend blending up any smoothie in advance. As the smoothie sit in the fridge, the texture really changes. However, you can prep smoothie packs!
Meal Prep Smoothie Packs Add all the blueberry smoothie ingredients to a freezer quart bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to blend, just dump in the blender, add the almond milk, and blend. Because all of the ingredients are frozen, you may need to add an extra splash of almond milk.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional bonus content not found on the blog! Click Here!
Also Check: Carnation Breakfast Essentials Smoothie Recipes
Low Calorie Tips To Making Healthy Smoothie Recipes With Strawberries:
- Use 0% Greek Yogurt In place of milk or frozen yogurt. Its packed full of protein, lower in calories. And as a bonus, Greek Yogurt boosts metabolism!
- Vanilla Protein Powder If you plan on enjoying this recipe as a strawberry breakfast smoothie, add in some plant based Vanilla Protein Powder. It boosts the flavor and the protein!
- Fresh OR Frozen Berries You can make this yummy strawberry smoothie recipe year round, just pick up some frozen strawberries! P.S. Did you know strawberries naturally boost metabolism?!
You May Like: Smoothie For Depression
What Goes Into A Smoothie
You can get as creative as you want with a smoothie. Fruit, green leafy vegetables, water, any other liquid and a sweetener are what you normally need for a smoothie. These are elements which you can use to make your own favorite combination. In addition to this, you can add oats super foods like chia seeds, matcha, spirulina and tons of other things. Here’s a great resource to give you green smoothie 101 if thats what you prefer.
Sign Up To Our Mailing List Get A Free Weekly Meal Planner And Recipe Card
One of my favorite things to enjoy when it starts getting a little hotter, would be a smoothie. They are easy to make, filling and allow me to get in all the nutrients that my body needs during the hot summer days.
I dont know about you guys, but I often have a harder time drinking smoothies in the winter because they usually make me cold. I have found a solution to that issue this year, but it doesnt mean I am completely satisfied with having room temp smoothies for months on end now
So you can imagine how happy I am that the days are getting longer and warmer and strawberries are back in season!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Interview Questions
Health Benefits Of Strawberries
Strawberries are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
They are good for your heart, help in regulating blood sugar level, boost immunity, known to have anti-cancer properties, regulate blood pressure, and aid in weight management.
The antioxidants and polyphenols in strawberries are good for heart health and prevent cancer.
These are good for skin and hair health.
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
This healthy blueberry smoothie recipe is made in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients. Its light & refreshing and makes a great breakfast or snack. Add spinach to make it a green blueberry banana smoothie!
I drink a smoothie every day, and love making them for my kids to sneak a little nutrition into their days . This healthy blueberry smoothie recipe is one of our favorites. ItÃ¢s easy to make with only 5 ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes.
You can add a variety of different mix-ins to this blueberry banana smoothie to make it even more nutritious and protein-packed! The perfect way to fuel any busy day!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Floor Plan
Read Also: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie