Strawberries N Cream Smoothie Bowl
To make the smoothie, blend strawberries, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. The toppings are cornflakes, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and a drizzle of yogurt. Scale the toppings up or down on this one depending on what you have on hand. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Tips For A Perfect Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Use good quality mango. The smoothie bowl will only taste as good as the fruit you use! If you use frozen mango that is bland, youll end up with a bland smoothie bowl.
- Use frozen fruit. This is the key to creating a smoothie bowl with an icecream-like texture. If you use fresh fruit, you will end up with a smoothie, not a smoothie bowl.
- Dont add too much liquid. While it may be tempting to add more liquid to the blender to help everything blend together but if you add too much you can end up with a liquidy smoothie. Always start with a little liquid and slowly add a little more until you have the texture you want.
- Eat right away. Smoothie bowls are always best enjoyed right after you make them before they start melting. For the best texture, make sure to eat your bowl right away!
More Smoothie Bowl Ideas:
You May Like: How To Do A Strawberry Smoothie
Smoothie Bowl Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions
Letâs chat about the ingredients in this smoothie bowl recipe, and then weâll talk more specifically about the fruit used to make each variety!
- Frozen Fruit. The most important thing to note about these smoothie bowl recipes is that you must use frozen fruit to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Banana. If you donât prefer bananas, you could try substituting another starchy food like avocado for creaminess, but you will need to add more honey/maple syrup to get the proper sweetness.
- Almond milk. Any non-dairy milk works excellently in this recipe. I love using coconut milk for a tropical flavor. You can also use regular dairy milk!
- Vanilla extract. I think the vanilla extract takes these smoothie bowls from good to great. That little extra flavor is just perfect!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating View
How To Get The Best Smoothie Consistency
There are a few ways that you can make it easier to get your Mango Smoothie Bowl to the perfect texture and consistency. Ideally, it should be thick, almost like ice cream. Here’s a few tips to get it there:
- Freeze your fruit. You can slice and freeze your own or buy them in the freezer section of your local grocery store, but frozen fruit add a great smooth texture to your bowl, especially bananas.
- Use a food processor or high-speed blender. Having the right tools means being able to thoroughly and quickly blend your ingredients to the right consistency before they melt.
- Freeze your bowl. Before you pour your smoothie into the bowl, freeze the actual bowl so it will be cold enough to keep the thick and creamy texture of the mango smoothie for longer.
- Use cold ingredients. Like the frozen fruit, using coconut milk that’s cold from the fridge and keeping any toppings cold will keep your Mango Smoothie Bowl at the right consistency longer.
Recommended Reading: Nearest Place To Get A Smoothie
Healthy Smoothie Bowl Toppings
Feel free to have some fun with the toppings theyre the best part! Anything you like will totally work!
For this bowl we used:
- Sliced bananas
More Delicious Smoothie Topping Ideas
- Sliced or chopped fruit: peaches, cherries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Nuts: sliced almonds, crushed pecans, walnuts, pistachios
- Seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed , hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flaxseeds
- Your favorite nut butter or seed butters: almond butter, pecan butter, peanut butter or cashew butter
How To Make A Smoothie Bowl Thick
The key to an extra thick smoothie bowl consistency is using lots of frozen ingredients.
You May Like: Best Easy To Clean Blender For Smoothies
Banana Berry Smoothie Bowls
Berries are a great addition to smoothies! The bananas provide a super creamy base, and you can customize this with whatever frozen berries you have on hand or love the most.
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen berries
- Coconut Milk
Make this a strawberry banana smoothie bowl by using all frozen strawberries instead of a mix of berries.
Step 1: Add the frozen fruit and coconut milk into a food processor bowl. This can also be done in a high speed blender with a tamper stick, but I find it quicker in a food processor.
Step 2: Process until all the fruit is broken down into a soft serve ice cream consistency.
Step 3: Top with your favorite smoothie bowl toppings.
Can A Mango Smoothie Bowl Be Made In Advance
This mango smoothie bowl is thickest and creamiest straight from the blender, but you could certainly prepare it in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It is best consumed within 3 days. Alternatively, you could also measure and prep your smoothie bowl ingredients and freeze them together in individual packs so all you have to do is dump them in the blender and blend when youre ready to enjoy your smoothie bowl.
You May Like: Smoothies For Health And Weight Loss
What Should I Use To Sweeten My Mango Smoothie Bowl
This mango smoothie bowl uses frozen fruits as the base, which adds a good base sweetness, but you can add any sweetener you like. I recommend blending a smoothie with no added sweetener and then try it. If you want it to be sweeter, then add honey or maple syrup to taste. Normally, I dont need to add anything because my fruits are sweet as it is! Another natural choice for sweetness is pitted Medjul dates. Add one or two of these and let the blender complete the task. How awesome your smoothie will be!
Almond Butter And Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Dessert-for-breakfast types, this ones for you. To make the smoothie, blend banana, raspberries, soy milk, ice, almond butter, and honey. The toppings are strawberries, raspberries, granola, coconut, and a drizzle of honey.
Once youve tried it, swap peanut butter and strawberries in for a change of pace. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Don’t Miss: Super Smoothies For Weight Loss
Mango Strawberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups frozen mango
- ½ cup milk of choice
Mango strawberry smoothie bowl directions:
Add all ingredients to your blender.
How can I make a mango strawberry smoothie bowl as a healthy breakfast?
So you want to make a smoothie bowl as a healthy breakfast? My smoothie bowls are low in protein because they only contain fruit really.. which makes a great healthy snack or dessert. But, you need a bit more for a well rounded breakfast:
You can blend your proteins into the smoothie bowl, or add them as toppings, it’s totally up to your preference!
How do I store my smoothie bowl?
Smoothie bowls are best eaten immediately to preserve the thickness, but you can store it in the fridge for a couple of hours covered.
Can I make a mango strawberry smoothie bowl with yogurt?
Yes! Replace some or all of the milk with yogurt.
More thick smoothie bowl recipes without banana:
Strawberry Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana, frozen or fresh, if fresh, gently rub under cool running water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- cup low-fat milk*
- Toppings: granola, chia seeds, fresh fruit, nuts, coconut flakes
*Based on desired thickness and blender, you may need to add more milk. If it is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more frozen fruit.
- Serving Size :
- Calories 170
- Total Sugars 29g, includes 0g Added Sugars
You May Like: Good Fruit Combos For Smoothies
Mango Smoothie Bowl Recipe
This low calorie mango smoothie bowl recipe is healthy and easy to make!
Along with a protein packed tropical smoothie bowl recipe, youll find healthy smoothie bowl toppings and ideas.
Its easy to make a smoothie bowl mango based. Mangos blend up into a thick smoothie bowl.
Then we add some thick smoothie bowl ingredients and you have a healthy, low calorie smoothie bowl that is both thick, and protein packed.
This mango smoothie bowl recipe is just 252 calories and has 17 grams of protein!
Tips & Tricks For The Best Smoothie Bowl
- Start slow with your blender to help all the fruit break down! If you have a blender with a tamper, use the tamper to get things moving and you can slowly speed things up as it blends more smoothly. If you dont have a tamper, scrape down the sides as needed.
- The amount of milk is adjustable! I like my smoothie bowls really thick and creamy, almost ice cream-like in texture! So, I go for a pretty small amount of milk, just enough to help it blend. If you want it thinner and more smoothie-like, use more milk!
- Add in your favorite superfoods/protein powders! Smoothie bowls are a GREAT place to pack in extra nutrients, so you have a super healthy vegan breakfast. I love adding extra seeds , green powders, and vitamin powders to my smoothies.
Having trouble blending your smoothie?? Use your tamper to keep things moving if you have one, and scrape down the sides to help it blend! Added milk can help it blend easier, but dont add too much or youll thin it out.
Also Check: Substitute For Protein Powder In Smoothies
Why Mangoes Are So Amazing
Not only is this mango smoothie bowl delicious with its sweet flavor. Mangoes come packed full of essential vitamins and minerals to benefit your health! I love mango season, there are so many varieties and so many delicious recipes sweet and savory you can use them in. Definitely mangoes are my favorite fruits, I can never get enough of these beauties!
On realizing the numerous health benefits of mango, your love for this amazing fruit will increase! Mangoes are a low-calorie fruit that are high in fibre and pectin. They are a great source of Vitamins A and C and also contains folate, iron and a little calcium, zinc and vitamin E, making them the perfect fruit that helps in controlling high cholesterol level. Another benefit of eating mangoes is that they cleanse your skin from deep inside your body giving your skin a glow!
How To Add Protein To Smoothie Bowl Recipes For Weight Loss:
- Vanilla protein powder we love to add this plant based protein powder to smoothie bowls! It adds lots of protein and a boost of yummy vanilla flavoring!
- 0% Greek Yogurt Greek Yogurt is extra thick, so it will make your smoothie bowl thick, and add protein and creaminess.
- Homemade Coconut Granola our homemade granola recipe has over 5g of protein!
Also Check: How To Make A Real Smoothie
Three Types Of Healthy Smoothie Bowls
Ive made three delicious and nutritious smoothie bowls for you to enjoy. which one will be your favorite?!
Mango Banana Smoothie Bowl
Mango and banana blended with coconut water, ginger and turmeric.
Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Frozen strawberries and raspberries blended with coconut milk and topped with hemp seeds.
Blueberry Blackberry Smoothie Bowl
Also Check: Berry Punch Smoothie King Recipe
Are Acai Bowls Healthy
We know that acai is good for you, but what about acai bowls?
This depends on a number of factors with the three most important being: topping choices, topping amounts, and overall serving size.
With no toppings, one serving will contain approximately 250 calories, 10 grams of fat, 30 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar, and 7 grams protein. Normally I would question anything with that much sugar, but knowing that it either comes from fruit or milk, Im ok . Calories aside, the vitamins and minerals in this single bowl pack a huge punch.
But the toppingswhat about those toppings?
- If you plan to add granola, check the nutrition label. What you find may surprise you. Or, make your own homemade granola!
- Add less stuff when comparing your acai bowl against us food bloggers and Instagrammers. I cant speak for all of us, but some of our bowls that claim to be healthy most definitely are not.
- Start with a smaller bowl to reduce the serving size.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie Ingredients To Lose Weight
Tips For Making Best Smoothie Bowl
Serve smoothie bowl chilled as breakfast or snack.
More Breakfast Recipes:
Other Mango Recipes On The Blog
I absolutely love baking with mango and sharing these recipes with you. So here are some more of my mango recipes
Recommended Reading: Best Fiber Powder For Smoothies
Easy Mango Smoothie Bowl Recipe
This Mango Smoothie Bowl is sweet, refreshing and full of your favorite tropical flavors. Its easy to make in about 5 minutes with mango, baby spinach, dairy-free milk and your choice of toppings.
Smoothies are perfect for any time of the day and the perfect way to sneak in some extra greens and fruits. My family especially loves them for an easy and quick breakfast solution. All you need is a handful of frozen or fresh fruit which is super cost-effective for anyone looking to enjoy breakfast at home. Not only is this healthy mango smoothie bowl great for breakfast, but it is the perfect pick-me-upsnack for spring, summer or any warm afternoon.
More Smoothies To Try
The fun part about smoothie bowls is how customizable they can be. Make them simple or complex in their flavors and toppings. Your imagination is your limit when it comes to these smoothies. Add in your perfect toppings and extras to fit your healthy needs. Here are some favorite tried and true.
Don’t Miss: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Walgreens
How To Freeze Smoothies
If you prefer to store your blended mango smoothies in the freezer, you can portion them out into ice cubes until frozen. Then pop the smoothie cubes out and store in a clear resealable bag or Stasher bag for up to 3 months.
Then when youre drink your breakfast smoothie, simply thaw in the fridge about an hour beforehand in a glass cup.
You can also freeze the smoothies in a mason jar for up to 3 months. Be sure not fill the mason jar all the way to the top, otherwise, the jar can shatter. When youre ready to drink your healthy smoothie, thaw the mason jar in the fridge the night before or a few hours beforehand.
How To Make A Smoothie Bowl In 5 Minutes This Tropical Mango Smoothie Bowl Recipe Is Delicious Plus It’s So Easy To Make A Homemade Banana Smoothie Bowl
So today while Im sharing this mango smoothie bowl recipe, I am snoozing away in my hammock between two palm trees at the beach. Okay, so maybe I am just dreaming of being at the beach, but either way, I would be happy anywhere if Im enjoying this banana smoothie bowl. What I love about this tropical smoothie bowl is you feel like you are on vacation at the first sip! Ill show you how to make a smoothie bowl, and you just need to decide where your own vacation destination will be, okay?
This smoothie bowl packed with bright summery flavors like mango, banana, cantaloupe, lime, and coconut milk! I topped mine with sliced bananas, fresh apricots, coconut chips, and BEE POLLEN < LOVE!
Bee pollen is one of natures great superfoods, and Ive been enjoying the sweet and earthy flavor for years. It also adds a nice crunch to the bowl, in addition to all of the health benefits. You can really use any toppings you like, but these four are my current staples.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Smoothies To Start The Day
Can I Make A Smoothie Bowl Ahead Of Time
Smoothie bowls are best enjoyed right away before they start to melt. If you wait too long to eat your smoothie bowl youll end up with a liquidy smoothie.in a bowl.
If you want to prepare your smoothie bowl a little ahead of time, you can prepare the mango smoothie bowl and then place the bowl in the freezer until youre ready to eat. Just keep in mind that if you leave it in the freezer for too long, the smoothie bowl can harden.