More Information On Tropical Smoothie
Tropical Smoothie created a holiday called National Flip Flop Day. On the third Friday in June, customers who wear flip flops to any company store receive free smoothies. Additionally, a collection of money raised online and in stores benefits Camp Sunshine. The camp hosts families dealing with children with life-threatening illnesses. In 2014, the smoothie shop raised over $600,000 and sent many families to the camp for free.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe 159 Carondelet Plaza Clayton Mo Clayton Mo 63105
Job DescriptionJob Requirements
- Lead team members on shifts, including assigning tasks , providing feedback and training
- Support appropriate personnel policies, labor laws, and safety procedures
- Ensure all security procedures are executed
- Ensure team prepares smoothies & food that meet our specifications and high-quality standards
- Ensure team delivers Unparalleled Hospitality and that customers are satisfied
- Resolve guest complaints/issues
- Lead team members to open, transition, and close shifts
- Manage and organize the line delegate duties and work the line as needed
- Execute and support all food safety requirements and practice
- Control food costs, labor, waste, and cash on the shift
- Help us deliver on our core values: Solid Relationships, Playing to Win, Creative Spirit & Living Better
- Must be Smart and Hardworking,
- Must have Integrity, Drive and Enthusiasm
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Great communication skills to communicate effectively with guests and co-workers
- Ability to train and coach others
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Employment Opportunities
With the aid of online resources, ambitious individuals may personally open franchised Tropical Smoothie Cafe locations. Each storefront requires managerial staff and crew members maintain operations. Previous experience and/or knowledge of the food service industry may afford job candidates preference during the screening process. Additionally, workers possessing customer service skills often receive favor for open positions.
Company core values include building solid relationships, playing to win, possessing a creative spirit, and living better. Individuals able to demonstrate such attitudes and attributes make suitable additions to the Tropical Smoothie team. Knowledge of health food trends and various supplements also mark job prospects as fitting. However, entry-level candidates with little-to-no experience or lacking formal education make apt associates, as well. The smoothie shop promotes from within, so individuals without qualifications who wish to build careers with the company may succeed proven work performance.
Also Check: Best Personal Blender For Frozen Fruit Smoothies
Careers At Tropical Smoothie Cafe And Salary Details
Tropical Smoothie roles, that are frequently perfect for college and high school students, need candidates to be at least 16 years old. Working at the smoothie store does not need intense concentration because higher management is aware of the importance of maintaining a healthy education combination. Because of high turnover rates, commonly offered occupations involve:
While past expertise may give a person an advantage, crew member employment does not require additional credentials or training. Consumers must be interacted with on a routine basis by employees fulfilling crew gaps. Friendly employees who can exude confidence and transparency in a range of contexts farewell. Crew members are mostly involved in meal and smoothie preparation, although they may also be required to work as cashiers.
Keeping knowledge with menu options, sanitizing prepared food workstations and eating spaces, conducting financial transactions, delivering precise change as needed, refilling supplies, and producing menu options to customers requirements are typical jobs. Crew members may be hired on a full-time or part basis and begin at the basic salary.
Crew members are paid between $12.00 and $14.00 per hour.
The jobs pay an hourly rate ranging from $9.00 to $11.00.
Managers are paid around $32,000 per year.
Franchise Real Estate Manager
Franchise Real Estate Managers earn an average of $63,559.
Senior Product Manager
Is Tropical Smoothies Healthy
Smoothies remain some of the healthiest options at Tropical Smoothie Cafe because they contain the simplest ingredients that are the closest to whole foods. While a green smoothie may be the cafes healthiest option, you shouldnt feel restricted to splurge on a sandwich or quesadilla if thats what you truly enjoy.
Don’t Miss: Apple And Banana Smoothie Recipe
The Online Job Application Process Of Tropical Smoothie
You can visit Tropical Smoothies employment portal to find a job role in the restaurant industry. The steps for Tropical Smoothies online job application submission process are as follows:
- Check out the official web portal of Tropical Smoothie and visit its employment page.
- Scroll down the career page to enter your preferred ZIP code or postal code in the café locator search bar.
- Tap on the Apply Now tab after choosing the required location from the list that appeared here.
- Fill up the complete details required by Tropical Smoothie, including your address detail, contact information, qualification, previous employment details, etc.
- Tap on the Submit Form tab after completing the filling-up process.
The candidates can also download Tropical Smoothies PDF job application form to submit at its restaurant locations. Fill it up correctly, review and visit Tropical Smoothies location to submit it after signing the job application form.
Years Of Happy Customers
Weve been making and serving fresh food for as long as we can remember. Even before we opened our first cafe, we served fresh fruit smoothies from a stand on a Florida beach. Weve come a long way since then but weve remained true to our early days of pure, wholesome food.
In 1997, we opened our first restaurant in Tallahassee, Florida to give our customers a place to sit and relax while enjoying our fruit smoothies. By 1999, we added a wide range of wholesome food options to our menu that perfectly complemented our smoothies. One year later, we officially established the Tropical Smoothie Café name.
In 2007, we celebrated our 10 year anniversary and started our own holiday, National Flip Flop Day®. On National Flip Flop Day®, we raise funds to benefit Camp Sunshine and customers who visit our cafes wearing flip flops between 2pm – 7pm receive a FREE smoothie. It’s a great day to bring on the sunshine in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
Today, customers continue to fall in love with Tropical Smoothie Café as a destination for flavor. Weve always been guided by this one simple belief: when you eat better, you feel better and when you feel better – all is better. It’s why our mission is to inspire a healthier lifestyle by serving amazing food and smoothies with a bit of tropical fun.
Also Check: High Protein Smoothie For Weight Gain
Additional Details Of Tropical Smoothie
National Flip-Flop Day is a holiday created by Tropical Smoothie. Every customer is offered free smoothies who wear flip-flops every third Friday of June. Besides, Camp Sunshine is benefitted from the collection of money raised in Tropical Smoothies stores and online. This camp is committed to hosting families facing life-threatening diseases and dealing with children. It raised more than $600,000 in 2014. The management uses the raised money to send a massive number of families for free to the camp.
Considering A Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise Dont Overlook These 29 Important Franchise Fees
If you are considering a Tropical Smoothie Cafe franchise, dont get blindsided by these 29 important franchise fees .
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $15,000 to $30,000
- The initial franchise fee for your first Tropical Smoothie Cafe Restaurant is $30,000, payable in full upon execution of the Franchise Agreement.
- If Tropical Smoothie Cafe approves, and you purchase additional Tropical Smoothie Cafe Restaurants, then the initial franchise fee for each such additional Restaurant is $20,000, payable in full upon execution of the Franchise Agreement.
- From time to time, Tropical Smoothie Cafe may discount or reduce the initial franchise fees for certain prospects due to special circumstances .
- In all cases, the initial franchise fee is deemed fully earned by Tropical Smoothie Cafe upon receipt and is nonrefundable.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe uses the initial franchise fee to provide training and other services to its franchisees.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe is a member of the International Franchise Association and participates in the IFAs VetFran program, which provides financial incentives to qualified veterans to help them acquire franchised businesses.
- In support of this program, Tropical Smoothie Cafe currently reduces the initial franchise fee for qualified veterans, to $15,000 for the first and each subsequent Franchised Business developed.
2. Grand Opening Contribution: at least $10,000
Incentive Referral Program
Job Prospects At Tropical Smoothie
Ambitious and dedicated candidates can personally launch Tropical Smoothies franchisee café locations with the help of online resources. Every Tropical Smoothies storefront location seeks crew members to maintain smooth operations and managerial-level employees.
The candidates with knowledge of the foodservice industry and previous employment may get job consideration at Tropical Smoothie. Besides, the candidates with excellent customer service skills may get preference for the available job positions.
Benefits Of Working At Tropical Smoothie
Both full-time and part-time employees qualify for generous work benefits. Managerial staff may receive a free smoothie during each shift, while crew members may use substantial employee discounts. Healthcare coverage also stands readily available and includes dental and vision plans. Additionally, the smoothie chain offers 401 retirement plans, paid time off, and holidays to eligible associates.
Also Check: Where To Buy Spirulina For Smoothies
Teen Jobs At Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Minimum age to apply at Tropical Smoothie Cafe is 16 years old. What jobs teenagers can apply at Tropical Smoothie Cafe?
Crew Member You will take orders from the customers for amazing food and smoothies accurately. You must keep the working areas always clean and maintain supplies are properly in stock and stored. You will set up or close down the dining room, restrooms, and patios.
Crew Leader You are responsible to supervise the overall shift operations especially when the manager is absent. You will perform all cash handling requirements including close-outs, cash drops and safe accountability.
Smoothies Maker Your main responsibility is to make smoothie and sandwiches and others food products following the company standard and recipes. You will also assist in making salads and work with the cash register.
Checking Job Application Status For Tropical Smoothie
Tropical Smoothie usually takes less than two weeks to complete the hiring process as it needs to fill Crew Members positions frequently. The applicants who did not get revert from Tropical Smoothie may call and speak to hiring managers to know their hiring status. They can also visit Tropical Smoothies store locations and speak to hiring staff politely to know their job application status.
Also Check: Best Homemade Smoothies To Lose Weight
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Positions And Salary Information
Often ideal jobs for college and high school students, Tropical Smoothie positions require applicants to stand at least 16 years of age. Work at the smoothie shop does not demand intensive focus, as upper management remains sensitive to the necessary school-work balance. Due to high rates of turnover, frequently available positions include:
Crew Member Though previous experience may earn candidates preference, crew member positions require no real special qualifications or training. Associates filling crew openings must interact with customers on a regular basis. Friendly workers able to project comfort and openness in a variety of situations fare best. Mainly responsible for food and smoothie preparation, crew members may also need to double as cashiers. Typical responsibilities include maintaining familiarity with menu items, cleaning food prep stations and dining areas, completing monetary transactions, providing exact change as necessary, restocking supplies, and preparing menu items to customer specifications. Crew members may receive hire in full-time or part-time capacities and earn minimum wage to start.
Benefits And Perks While Working At Tropical Smoothie
Tropical Smoothie provides generous employee benefits to its workers, including the following:
- Employees often receive free smoothies during their every shift.
- Crew members are offered substantial workers discounts at Tropical Smoothie.
- They also receive healthcare coverage plans, including vision and dental procedures.
- Tropical Smoothie also provides holidays, paid time off, and 401 retirement plans to eligible employees.
Read Also: Simple Fruit Smoothie With Almond Milk
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Puts Franchisees Community First During Crisisyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
to see if they were interested in a smoothie break from TropicalSmoothieCafe as a way to thank them for their hard work during this time. We immediately wanted to support this at a larger level, so we made a decision to make this a national movement.
Jobs related to working for tropical smoothie cafe are always available on our site. These jobs have got much attention from candidates and are highly appreciated for their transparency, as well as attractive salaries and remuneration. Besides, new jobs for working for tropical smoothie cafe are also updated regularly to help job seekers find the most suitable jobs. This is to support people to find a job that you like in the shortest time without too much effort. Also, thanks to the jobs suggested by us, you can learn more about companies in your area of interest, as well as the market’s human resources needs
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Benefits
Where This Score Ranks Tropical Smoothie Cafe’s Perks And Benefits
In the Bottom 5% of 671 Similar Sized Companies on Comparably
In the Bottom 5% of 112 Nearby Companies in Atlanta
5th place versus 4 competitors rated on Comparably
No benefits selected for this category
Health & Wellness
No benefits selected for this category
Paid Time Off
No benefits selected for this category
Don’t Miss: How To Do A Banana Smoothie
Job Opportunities At Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Tropical Smoothie Cafe needs a required age of 16 to operate.
Cafe Tropical Smoothie Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m.8:00 p.m. Saturday, 9:00 a.m.7:00 p.m. and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.
Team Member, Cashier, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, and Sales Manager are all offered opportunities at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Perks And Benefits At A Glance
Employees at Tropical Smoothie Cafe rank their Perks and Benefits lower than most, ranking them in the Bottom 5% of all similar sized companies with 11-50 Employees on Comparably.
The Operations department and employees with Entry Level experience at Tropical Smoothie Cafe rank their Perks and Benefits the highest, while the Customer Support department and employees with 1 to 3 Years experience rank the Perks and Benefits at Tropical Smoothie Cafe the lowest against other demographic groups at the company.
Read Also: Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good