Why This Recipe Works
This strawberry smoothie recipe is definitely one of my favorites, especially during the warmer months. Refreshing smoothies with strawberries are rich, creamy and bursting with the bright flavor of fresh strawberries.
I also add a banana to make a thick and milkshake-like consistency. Plus it adds another pop of healthy sweetness to the drink that is great to get your morning going!
When making a smoothie with bananas, I prefer to use coconut milk or almond milk. Using plant-based milks makes this a tasty vegan smoothie recipe, and is a bit easier on your stomach.
I have read that according to ayurveda, eating certain fruits and dairy milk together can create all kinds of digestion problems. For instance, banana and dairy tend to cause gut issues. However, I always find that beverages made with coconut milk or almond milk are lighter and easy to digest.
I have not used any sweetener in this 3 ingredient smoothie recipe, but you can add some sweetener if your strawberries arent quite ripe or you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
Smoothies, fruit juices and milkshakes are terrific to make for a quick and healthy breakfast. Here are just a few Smoothie Recipes I have shared on the blog:
Why We Love This Recipe
This smoothie is also adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients. You can replace the strawberries with another frozen berry , throw in a handful of spinach, add a banana, or use orange juice instead of milk. The smoothie of possibilities!
You all know how I love smoothies. And Im usually throwing all sorts of weird things into smoothies in the name of health, like beets or spinach or cauliflower. But sometimes the simplest flavors are also great, so today were whipping up a simple Strawberry Smoothie recipe!
RELATED: you might also like this recipe Strawberry Shortcake
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
You May Like: Best Protein Powder For Green Smoothies
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Freeze fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries will have the most flavor and will be the sweetest. Freezing them captures that flavor and still results in a cold and creamy consistency.
- Add extra nutrients. Make this smoothie even healthier by adding in spinach, protein powder, oats, and even more fruit.
- Start with the banana. Loading the blender with the softer ingredients next to the blade allows for easier mixing.
- Test for sweetness. The amount of sweetener you need depends on how sweet your fruit and yogurt is. Sample the smoothie then add the sweetener as needed to taste.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
Recommended Reading: What Do You Need For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
High Protein Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
First of all, we all sometimes just get really tired of having pancakes and eggs for breakfast. This is where this recipe for Strawberry and Cream Smoothie comes in handy. It is very refreshing and tastes delicious and filling. Its thick and creamy and keeps you full all morning. Just what you will need to jumpstart your morning especially if you dont have any time to make breakfast.
Strawberries are high in antioxidants and are good for your heart. They also help lower blood pressure! The more reason to have this strawberries and cream smoothie on a regular basis.
More About This Recipe
- With just three ingredients and a quick spin in the blender, you can have a fruit-packed smoothie in just 10 minutes. The thick texture and tang of Yoplait® Original yogurt is a perfect complement to the sweet, fruit, and making it at home gives you a jump start to a streamlined, better-for-you day. Now that youve mastered this easy strawberry smoothie recipe, you can make smoothies a regular part of your routine. Weve also got some handy tips for making smoothies even easier with make-ahead versions. For new ideas and inspiration, check out the rest of Bettys best smoothie recipes.
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES used under license.
Also Check: Live Pure Superfood Smoothie Cubes
How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 56 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 751,286 times.
Strawberry smoothies are healthy, delicious, and refreshing and best of all, theyre easy to make! With just 4 ingredients and a blender, youll have a nice cold treat thats sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
What Makes It A Perfect Strawberry Smoothie
Alex and I have been cooking for years and have a vegetarian cookbook under our belt, have mastered techniques like sourdough bread and pizza and lots of cocktails. So we decided: why not master smoothies? We started with this strawberry smoothie recipe. Heres what its perfect, to us:
- Light and creamy texture. Its easy for smoothies to turn out too icy or thick. This one is light and creamy, with just the right icy and airy texture.
- Subtly sweet, fruity flavor. Flavor is the variable: often smoothies are too bitter or overly sweet. Its also easy to cover up the signature flavor. This strawberry smoothie is lightly sweet, with just the right berry essence.
Also Check: Healthy Smoothies For Cancer Patients
More Vitamin C Than An Orange
Vitamin C is well-known for keeping the immune system functioning at its best. But did you know that it also helps strengthen the eyes and protect them from the suns damaging rays? Plus, its an antioxidant which means it can help to reduce the risk of cancer by protecting cells from damage and mutation.
Tasty tip Pairing strawberries with blueberries in a smoothie will get you an even better vitamin C hit. The anti-oxidants in blueberries also enhance the effects of vitamin C, so you get even more immune boosting benefits.
Tips For Making Smoothies
Here are a few tips for making the best smoothies possible:
- Start with ripe fruit. High quality fruit means better taste which makes a delicious smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit makes for a creamier, more refreshing smoothie.
- You dont need ice. Since youre using frozen fruit, theres also no need to include ice in the mixture. Your smoothie will be much more flavorful this way because the ice wont dilute the other ingredients.
- Plan ahead. Measure out the fruit for a few batches of smoothies into separate zip-top freezer bags. When its smoothie time, add the contents of one bag to the blender along with the milk and yogurt for a super quick breakfast or snack.
Don’t Miss: Best Smoothie For Flat Belly
Ingredients For This Strawberry Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry smoothie! Alex and I were careful to choose healthy ingredients for this smoothie: no overly sugary juices or syrups. Heres what we selected:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie. If you want to use fresh berries, use a frozen banana.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we never keep them on hand! Usually we want a smoothie recipe now. So we customized this one to use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Ice: Heres the most important part ice is essential to a perfect strawberry smoothie! It makes just the right frothy texture. Weve tried it without and it really makes a difference. Do not omit it!
- Milk: You need just the right amount of liquid in a smoothie to get it to blend. Not enough and the blender gets stuck , and too much it tastes milky. You can also use non-dairy .
- Maple syrup: Adding a hint of maple brings out the sweetness in the berries. If you eat a low sugar diet you could omit, but it doesnt quite taste sweet enough with no sweetener.
Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Todays Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe is one of the best kept secrets around! I love to buy a Starbucks Smoothie theyre a refreshing and healthy treat. Our copycat version of Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie is packed with strawberries, banana, vanilla greek yogurt, and more. Youll find smoothies at Starbucks however theyre not the original flavors we all adored. No worries thoughweve got copycat versions of all the original Starbucks Smoothies for you to enjoy!
Also Check: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Curl Smoothie
A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a strawberry smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients, 15 grocery items to be exact.
I stopped in wonder. Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?
Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax, or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasnt fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a simple strawberry smoothie.
Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesnt make sense.
What Youll Find In This Article:
- Simple Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
- How to Make Strawberry Breakfast Smoothies
- Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt
- Nutrition and Calories in a Strawberry Smoothie
Helpful Tip for Shopping: Take a screenshot of the shopping list to your phone. This way you have it at your fingertips the next time you go grocery shopping.
Recipe Card Uses: You can email yourself this recipe card so you can easily search for it Or print it so you have it handy, and can make notes. You can even pin these easy strawberry smoothie recipes to Pintrest so it is safely stored for you.
Up next, a shopping list for healthy strawberry smoothie recipes
Don’t Miss: What Do I Need To Make A Fruit Smoothie
New: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A little sweeter: My 3-ingredients, sugar-free Strawberry-Banana Smoothie.
: Besides my Healthy Strawberry Smoothie above, which only contains 2-ingredients, I also love, love, love this Strawberry Banana Smoohtie. This naturally sweet 3-ingredient strawberry banana smoothie is simply amazing. Its so tasty, fruity, creamy, and sweet that you wouldnt believe its sugar-free. I make this one when craving something sweet, like chocolate. Im sure youll have all the ingredients needed on hand.
As you may have noticed, this article contains an affiliate link.
Simple Strawberry & Banana Smoothie
This is the original smoothie combo. With just 3 ingredients, its a very easy banana and strawberry smoothie to whip up. Best of all, it tastes delicious too
- 1 individual pot of vegan vanilla or strawberry yogurt
For an even easier smoothie without yogurt, replace the fresh banana with a frozen one to ramp the creaminess factor back up. Or check out our other article on how to make a smoothie without yogurt or milk. Either way, youre getting a solid dose of nutrients.
Read Also: How To Go On A Smoothie Diet
Strawberry & Peach Smoothie
Since peach and strawberry season overlap, itd be rude not to combine the two into a summery glass of goodness. We prefer our smoothies without yogurt but you can add a little if you like. Our recipe includes a handful of leafy greens to instantly multiply its nutritional value.
- 1 peach
- 10 spinach leaves
Blend the leaves with peach until smooth, then add the strawberries. Since peaches are so juicy you shouldnt need any additional liquid, but judge it based on your own preferences and add a little water if you prefer.
Heading Back To Culinary School
Back in 2013 I went back to college! It wasnt as scary as I thought it might be to enter college as an older adult. Ive valued it so much more and taken it waaayyyy more seriously then when I was 18 years old.
If going back to college is something youve always wanted to do- just do it! Going back to learn about something you love is fun!
My exciting Culinary School journey began in fall of 2013 and you can read about Culinary School!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Swaps And Substitutions
The great thing about smoothies is that you can add or switch out ingredients to make it your own. Here are some variations you can try:
- Make this smoothie dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt and non-dairy milk such as almond or oat milk.
- You can leave out the yogurt all together.
- Use vanilla or strawberry yogurt for a sweeter smoothie. Alternatively, add up to 1 tablespoon of honey for added sweetness.
- Swap up to half of the milk for orange juice.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter. Combined with the strawberries, it tastes like a PB& J smoothie.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds.
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie:
Smoothie Pro Tip: Be sure to put the liquid ingredients in first, and then the frozen ingredients. The liquid helps with the blending process and prevents your blender from locking up on the hard frozen fruits!
Don’t Miss: Best Dinner Smoothies For Weight Loss
Ingredients For A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberries: They are rich in antioxidants, thus preventing premature aging, the appearance of tumors and inflammation. Because it’s high in fibers it also helps the digestive system and bowel movements. Its properties also make it a good ally for heart and eye health.
Cauliflower: Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are essential for optimal health. Its high fiber content helps to prevent constipation and maintain a healthy digestive tract. It also has anti-inflammatory effects helping to support the cardiovascular system. Not to mention that it supports detox pathways in your liver.
Coconut milk: Contains lauric acid, lipids, capric acid and other components, which give to coconut milk antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It is an excellent ally for skin and hair health, and some studies indicate that it can even improve cholesterol levels.
Almond milk: A low calorie milk and considered low carb. As a source of calcium, vitamin E and vitamin B, it is a great contributor to bone, skin and even muscle health.
Greek yogurt: Is a rich source of probiotics, protein, calcium, vitamin B12 and potassium, which help to maintain a healthy digestive tract, bones, skin, hair and building muscles.
Honey: It is a great antioxidant, helping to prevent premature aging, Alzheimer’s and cardiovascular diseases. It also helps to relieve digestive problems and fight infections.
They May Stop Snack Attacks
Scientists have recently found that strawberries may reduce blood sugar spikes. These high-low sugar spikes cause cravings and affect mood, so by adding more strawberries to your diet you can avoid these feelings, reducing the temptation to snack on naughty bits.
Its suspected that the high levels of antioxidant polyphenols are responsible, which also help out the body in other ways. However, these studies were done in a test tube so more research is needed to prove that the same effect would happen in people.
Don’t Miss: Apple And Banana Smoothie Recipe
They Can Ease Arthritis Inflammation
Apparently, you need to eat more than 16 of these little red gems per week to get this kind of benefit. But thats pretty doable with just two smoothies.
And its not just arthritis sufferers who can benefit from their anti-inflammatory properties. People with asthma and atherosclerosis can also find them beneficial.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla