How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 57 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 752,623 times.
Strawberry smoothies are healthy, delicious, and refreshing and best of all, theyre easy to make! With just 4 ingredients and a blender, youll have a nice cold treat thats sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Nutrition Info You Can Trust
Our in-house associate nutritionist holds a Masters degree in Human Nutrition, a bachelors degree in Sports Science and English, and a Diploma in Personal Training. She has over 15 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, working with leading health clubs, equipment companies, and one-to-one clients.
Ingredients For This Strawberry Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry smoothie! Alex and I were careful to choose healthy ingredients for this smoothie: no overly sugary juices or syrups. Heres what we selected:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie. If you want to use fresh berries, use a frozen banana.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we never keep them on hand! Usually we want a smoothie recipe now. So we customized this one to use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Ice: Heres the most important part ice is essential to a perfect strawberry smoothie! It makes just the right frothy texture. Weve tried it without and it really makes a difference. Do not omit it!
- Milk: You need just the right amount of liquid in a smoothie to get it to blend. Not enough and the blender gets stuck , and too much it tastes milky. You can also use non-dairy .
- Maple syrup: Adding a hint of maple brings out the sweetness in the berries. If you eat a low sugar diet you could omit, but it doesnt quite taste sweet enough with no sweetener.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Seating View
How To Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this strawberry smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing the following:
- Make our strawberry banana smoothie. Try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie: its vegan and uses only 2 ingredients!
- Substitute non-dairy milk AND vegan yogurt or ½ banana for the yogurt. We like using oat milk or almond milk. Oat milk is usually a little sweeter and creamier so we tend to like that a little more. You could also try coconut milk, which adds a nice coconut essence, or soy milk. Then for the yogurt, use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana.
Tips For Making The Best Strawberry Smoothies
- Blend the ingredients starting on low, then work up to high, and blend for at least 30 seconds or until very smooth.
- Avoid the urge to pack a smoothie with more ingredients than are called for to avoid it becoming too thick.
- Choose 1-2 add-ins to add more nutrition to the base recipe.
- Choose a variation to change things up!
- Use Greek yogurt instead of regular if desired for added protein.
- Use an equal amount of nondairy milk in any of the variations for a more classic smoothie recipe.
- This smoothie is best served right after making, but you can freeze small portions of leftovers in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, transfer to a zip top bag and store for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the fridge or at room temperature and shake or stir before serving.
Also Check: Smoothie King Slim N Trim Recipes
Preparation Storage & Freezing Tips
These smoothies are perfect during peak strawberry season which is when they hit their ultimate sweetness levels which is key to their deliciousness. Strawberries can be a bit sharp if theyre out of season, but swapping the water for orange or apple juice can sweeten it up.
- Buying Choose strawberries that are bright red, small to medium size and have a sweet aroma. Unlike bananas, they wont ripen at home, so dont go for pale or green ones.
- Prep Wash well and remove the hull .
- Storage Strawberries are best consumed within 2 days, as studies have found their nutrient content starts to decrease after this time. They will last longer in the fridge though .
- Freezing You can freeze strawberries for up to six months.
So, there we have a few of our fav recipes that are cheap and easy to prepare! Now which ones take your fancy?
Health Benefits Of Strawberries
Strawberries are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
They are good for your heart, help in regulating blood sugar level, boost immunity, known to have anti-cancer properties, regulate blood pressure, and aid in weight management.
The antioxidants and polyphenols in strawberries are good for heart health and prevent cancer.
These are good for skin and hair health.
You May Like: Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds Calories
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
Ingredients For Strawberry Smoothies:
- Strawberries: The main ingredient! I love using fresh strawberries, but frozen strawberries are an option. Remove strawberry tops to preserve the pretty pink color.
- Coconut Milk: My favorite base giving this smoothie a tropical flavor. See below for other options.
- Bananas: A staple ingredient for many smoothies, gives a nice creamy texture.
- Pineapple: More tropical flavor for this delicious treat and the frozen chunks serve as a flavorful ice so this smoothie is packed full of flavor!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Box Office
How Do You Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
Making a simple strawberry smoothie is easy! You just combine strawberries, vanilla, vanilla extract and milk in a blender and blend until smooth! If you use fresh strawberries you will want to add ice into your blender for that signature thick cold smoothie texture. But if you use frozen strawberries, there is no need for ice.
Strawberry & Plum Smoothie
OK, this may not be an obvious combo, but it really works. Strawberries are in peak season around June, yet plums are more abundant around September, so consider popping a few strawberries in the freezer until plums ripen in Autumn/Fall. Be sure to wash them and remove the green hulls before freezing.
Tasty Tip A spicy twist on this pure fruit option is to add a pinch of ground ginger or ½ cm of the fresh stuff. Its a game changer!
Read Also: The Hulk Vanilla Smoothie King Recipe
Healthy Keto Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Just three ingredients to make this HEALTHY keto strawberry smoothie! Blend up this low carb strawberry smoothie for a breakfast on-the-go.
don’t miss the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post!
Craving something sweet and creamy? This keto strawberry smoothie is your answer! Its made with just 3 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes. Youll love this low carb healthy strawberry smoothie for a convenient snack or breakfast on-the-go.
A lot of the sweetness in this drink comes from the strawberries, but it does need a sweetener to taste sweet enough. Thats where Wholesome Yum Keto Simple Syrup comes in! It gives all the sweetness and is completely neutral in flavor, without the carbs and sugar that usually go along with it.
A Note On Thickening Smoothies
Im of the general smoothie philosophy that a thick smoothie is a happy, satisfying smoothie if its not thick, instead of feeling like Im enjoying a substantial breakfast or snack, I feel like Im drinking juice. Its not the same.
This is why all of my healthy smoothie recipes involve some kind of thickening agent. If youd like to make a smoothie thicker, here are a few tricks:
If you try a few of these tricks and your smoothie is ULTRA thick at the endtoo thick to sip with a strawpour it into a bowl, top it with some granola and fresh fruit, and enjoy it as a strawberry mango smoothie bowl.
For a strawberry mango protein smoothie, add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder. This will thicken the smoothie a tiny bit too.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
Delicious Strawberry Smoothie For Weight Loss
Kick start your morning with this delicious strawberry smoothie recipe for weight loss. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals to boost your energy for the day. Whether you’re on a low carb diet or clean eating nutrition plan, this strawberry smoothie is a must-try.
Do you want a concentration of health-boosting healthy smoothie? Then you’ve to try this healthy strawberry smoothie recipe. Made with dates and cashew nuts to give you energy in the morning, this strawberry smoothie is very delicious.
There’s a farmer in my market, who is selling very ripe strawberries at a very low price. He says we’ve to make strawberry jam with them! but I don’t like cooking fruits that much and again adding sugar is no to me.
So we have been getting these strawberries and adding them in almost everything since they can’t go for more than a day! you know how these guys are fragile, don’t you?
It happens that we are always having a head of cauliflower in the fridge. I love cauliflower. We are also undeniably cashew nut lovers, especially my daughter who goes nuts when there isn’t any in the house. She just can’t eat cauliflower alone.
I came up with the idea of hiding some steamed then frozen cauliflower in this smoothie with strawberries. What I wanted, was a creamy sweet smoothie. Cashew nuts do a good job in making this smoothie deliciously creamy.
In addition, I added some soaked dates to add more taste and fiber but not ONLY!
They May Stop Snack Attacks
Scientists have recently found that strawberries may reduce blood sugar spikes. These high-low sugar spikes cause cravings and affect mood, so by adding more strawberries to your diet you can avoid these feelings, reducing the temptation to snack on naughty bits.
Its suspected that the high levels of antioxidant polyphenols are responsible, which also help out the body in other ways. However, these studies were done in a test tube so more research is needed to prove that the same effect would happen in people.
Also Check: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Conditioner
What Do I Use To Make A Smoothie
There are many blenders you can use for making smoothies and milkshakes, but I personally own the Vitamix 780 and think it is simply the best. I get smooth, consistent results every single time which is exactly what I want for all my smoothies! You can buy your own Vitamix 780 HERE.
Are you ready for the recipe for this yummy strawberry smoothie? Alright…here goes!
Are Smoothies That Healthy
Well, it depends on what you put in them! The benefit of smoothies is that you are using the whole fruit and/or vegetable so you get the fiber and all the nutrition that the particular fruits/vegetables you are using contain. Unlike juice where the juice is squeezed from the fruit/vegetable and you lose all the fiber and some nutritional value as well.
If you use fruits, vegetables and a healthy liquid base then your smoothie will be healthy. If you add sugar or use a juice base, your smoothie won’t be as healthy.
Your smoothie is only as healthy as the ingredients you put into it!
Don’t Miss: Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe
How To Make A Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
Add all the ingredients to the blender. You can use fresh ingredients if you can find them, but the good thing about this strawberry kiwi smoothie is that it works equally well with frozen ingredients for those cooler months.
Blend it all up until you reach a smooth texture and serve. You can garnish with some fresh basil or mint leaves to jazz this smoothie up.
To give your smoothie an extra nutritional boost, add a scoop of green vegetable powder. Enjoy!
What Liquid To Put In Smoothies
You can use any liquid for your smoothies! Juice will add more sugar to your smoothie but can add a ton of flavor! Dairy will make your smoothie more creamy, and a non-dairy liquid like coconut milk or almond milk can add delicious flavor and give you a yummy smoothie without dairy. Water is also a great liquid to add to smoothies, but your texture might not be as creamy as it could be if you used something else.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Ticket Office
They Can Ease Arthritis Inflammation
Apparently, you need to eat more than 16 of these little red gems per week to get this kind of benefit. But thats pretty doable with just two smoothies.
And its not just arthritis sufferers who can benefit from their anti-inflammatory properties. People with asthma and atherosclerosis can also find them beneficial.
Ingredients For A Strawberry Smoothie
Entire family experimented with this frozen strawberry smoothie recipe with or without yogurt, with dairy milk, with almond milk, with and without banana, with jam, with ice cream, you name it! And here are the ingredients we all agreed upon for the best strawberry fruit smoothie:
- Almond milk: We use plain unsweetened almond milk but vanilla flavored and/or sweetened will work too, especially if your strawberries are less sweet.
- Frozen strawberries: Use quality strawberries, that are ripe, preferably organic if you can afford. However, it is a fact that less sweet and ripen berries go for freezing.
- Banana: Make sure your banana is ripe or even ugly brown over ripen. Previously frozen fruit works as well.
- Flaxseed or chia seeds: Use ground flaxseed or whole/ground chia seeds. Whole flaxseed might not blend completely.
Yes, we like our healthy strawberry smoothie without yogurt. Keep reading.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart For Concerts
How To Freeze Bananas Quickly
Buy a big bunch of bananas and let them turn nicely ripe. Aim for nicely yellow bananas, perhaps with a few spotsnot full-blown spotty brown like you would for banana bread.
Peel and slice the bananas into 1/2-inch segments. Flash-freeze them by placing the slices in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets that will fit in your freezer). This is also a great way to freeze your bananas in a hurry.
Once fully frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and they will keep in the freezer for several months.
How To Make Strawberries Smoothies
These strawberry smoothies are easy to make. Theyre surprisingly filling, since they offer a good amount of protein and fiber. Whip them up for breakfast, or any time youre in the mood for ice creamtheyre that good.
Frozen strawberries offer characteristic berry flavor, antioxidants and a fun pink color. One 10-ounce bag or about 2 cups will be just right. If possible, buy organic strawberries as conventional berries are notoriously high in pesticide exposure.
Frozen bananas make this smoothie lusciously creamy and naturally sweet.
Almond butter offers extra creaminess, plus protein, fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
Vanilla almond milk makes this smoothie as creamy as possible . Buy unsweetened to avoid refined sugar. My favorite brands are Malk, Three Trees and Foragers. Or use water, for a slightly less luxurious texture.
For a sweeter smoothie, add maple syrup, to taste. The bananas are typically sweet enough for me, but a little drizzle of maple syrup makes this smoothie taste like a milkshake.
For extra sticking power, you can add up to 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats and/or up to 2 tablespoons flax seed . Flax makes leftover smoothies almost pudding-like in texture, and I like that!
You May Like: Proti Vlc Smoothie Base Mix
Tips For The Ideal Smoothie
This is one of those basic recipes that you just cannot get wrong, but there are things you should always keep in mind whatever kind of smoothie you are making.
- Order Matters: To get that perfectly smooth creamy texture you want to layer your greens and liquid closest to the blades. Then add your frozen fruit and add-ins. So if your blade is on the bottom layer the liquid then greens, then the rest. If your blade is the lid, place half the liquid in the bottom, add in the frozen fruit and add-ins, place the greens last and add the rest of your liquid.
- The Mixer is Vital: You want to make sure your blender is up to the task. If you are a smoothie addict, it is worth investing in a powerful blender that can get the job done and not burn out.
- Leave The Ice Outand Opt for Frozen Fruit: Adding ice to make your smoothie cold actually just dilutes your smoothie. Using frozen fruit will create a thick smooth cold smoothie with all the flavor intact.
- Sneak in Those Greens: Smoothies are a great way to add greens to your diet without having to actually taste them. Adding spinach and kale are two of the favorites which add nutrients without a ton of flavor. Use baby kale and spinach for sweeter flavors which are easier to blend.
- Protein and Fats: Smoothies are a great way to add in protein and healthy fats that can help you feel fuller longer. Nut butter, chia seeds, hemp, flaxseed, and even frozen avocado. Trust me avocado creates the smoothest creamiest smoothie youll ever have.