How To Make Any Berry Smoothie At Home
Its hard to top the classic fruity tartness of a mixed berry smoothie! This beautifully pink smoothie is a breeze to make, and its packed full of wonderful flavor and nourishing antioxidants.
This mixed berry smoothie is infinitely adaptable because you get to choose what frozen berries make up your smoothie! Craft your perfect combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberriesor take a shortcut and used mixed frozen berries from the frozen fruit section of your supermarket.
How To Make A Smoothie With Frozen Fruit
To make a mixed berry smoothie with frozen fruit, the only difference is using frozen fruit! Using frozen berries makes the smoothie thicker so if you need to, you can add a bit of milk to thin it out. If youre using frozen fruit, just blend it as normal and everything will come together perfectly.
What Is The Difference Between Greek Yogurt And Regular Yogurt
There isnt as big of a difference as you would think. However, Greek yogurt is strained more times than regular yogurt which removes more of its liquid. This causes it to be thicker but also allows for it to contain more protein than regular yogurt.
This mango smoothie will make you feel like youre on a tropical vacation. Its the absolute best way to cool off and get in some nutrients on a hot day!
Also Check: How To Go On A Smoothie Diet
Berry Good Smoothie Ii
A delicious way to get your ‘5-a-day.’ It’s a quick and easy breakfast, but great any time of day! Nectarines, strawberries, and blueberries blended with nonfat milk and ice!
Provided by Julie
|¾ cup blueberries, rinsed and drained|
|cup nonfat dry milk powder|
|1 cup crushed ice|
- In a blender combine nectarine, strawberries, blueberries, milk powder and crushed ice. Blend until smooth. pour into glasses and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 108.1 mg, Sugar 23.8 g
More About Berry Medley Smoothie Recipes
BERRY MEDLEY SMOOTHIE – THE SPIFFY COOKIE
FromCategoryServingsEstimated Reading Time
MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE | THE …
GREEK YOGURT BERRY MEDLEY SMOOTHIE – DAMN DELICIOUS
FromEstimated Reading TimeServings
DETOX SMOOTHIE – TRIPLE BERRY CHIA – JEN ELIZABETH’S JOURNALS
FromCategoryEstimated Reading Time
- Add the chia seeds and water to a mixing bowl and stir until all seeds have been soaked. Place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, bananas, and agave to a food processor or blender. Pulse until ingredients are pureed.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge. The chia seeds should have absorbed most of the water, forming a gel-like consistency. Add the chia mixture to the food processor and pulse again until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Storage: Smoothie will hold up for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container. Alternatively, portion individual servings of the smoothie into covered, airtight containers and freeze thaw in the fridge before serving.
BERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE | MEATLESS MAKEOVERS
MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE CITRUS & AMP DELICIOUS
MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE – DINNERATTHEZOO.COM
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE – FOOD WITH FEELING
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Great Smoothie With Frozen Fruit
Tips For Tropical Smoothies
- You can use refrigerated or canned pineapple juice for this recipe either will work just fine.
- I typically use canned coconut milk, which is located in the ethnic foods aisle of most grocery stores. You can also use refrigerated coconut milk, but it may not have the same thick and rich texture as the canned variety.
- You can freeze your banana before you add it to the blender for an even thicker smoothie.
How Do You Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is made with a mixture of strawberries, bananas, Greek yogurt, and juice. Once you have gathered your ingredients and measured them out, toss them into the blender. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy. Serve immediately and enjoy your summer day!
This recipe calls for frozen strawberries. You can freeze your own but its often easier to just buy them already frozen. However, beware because some frozen strawberries come with added sugar so be sure to check the ingredient list before purchasing.
You can turn this strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt into a shake if you so desire. Simply substitute the juice for milk and the yogurt for strawberry ice cream. Your healthy little smoothie is quickly turned into a sweet treat. Both are great for beating the summer heat.
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena New Orleans Louisiana
Berry Medley Yogurt Smoothie
This post was sponsored, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Back to school is a busy time. Start your mornings off right with a Berry Medley Yogurt Smoothie.
What can I say? Im a sucker for smoothies! And so are my children. Its a super easy way for me to get extra servings of fruits or veggies into their diets without any fuss.
I call that a mom win, yall!
Whether Im serving a smoothie for breakfast or a snack, I feel good about serving them better for you options, like this Berry Medley Yogurt Smoothie.
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Frozen fruit can always be found stocked in our freezer.
When that moment strikes and I have literally NOTHING else to make, a frozen fruit smoothie can always save the day.
It doesnt even matter what fresh or frozen fruits Im working with. They can ALL be turned into a creamy and delicious smoothie.
That is, if you have this basic formula on hand.
I would never leave you hanging, though. In addition to this simple guide, youll also find a few recipes you can start off with and then add in all of the nuts, seeds, milks, juices, yogurts, and protein powders your heart desires.
Because after you finish reading this post, youll never need me again. Well, at least not when it comes to making incredible frozen fruit smoothies!
Also Check: How To Make A Smoothie A Meal
How To Make A Smoothie Thicker
I love using frozen fruit to make my smoothies thick and delicious. If your smoothie is too thin, add some more fruit or even ice!
Bananas can help make it thicker . To keep it thick, I try to add as many frozen items as I can . If we have yogurt near the expiry date, I freeze it into cubes as well.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are a great after workout snack due to the high amount of magnesium they contain. They help to build the lean muscle youre trying to accomplish by working out. Bananas also contain plenty of vitamins.
I sometimes like to mix up my strawberry banana smoothie by adding an extra boost of nutrition. A few things I use are protein powder, flax seed, chia seeds, greens, or more berries such as raspberries. No matter how you customize it, youll love this smoothie. I know I sure did!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
How Do You Make A Mixed Berry Smoothie
This mixed berry smoothie is simply frozen berries, banana, vanilla Greek yogurt, liquid of your choice, and sweetener if you desire. I buy bags of mixed frozen berries and always have a few in the freezer for when a smoothie craving strikes. I typically make these smoothies with apple juice as it eliminates the need to add any sweetener later on. Other liquid choices are skim milk, almond milk, coconut milk or even a cranberry juice would be nice. When I do sweeten smoothies, I typically reach for a little honey. Like I said, its really not needed here if youre using juice, but you may want to add some if you go with a less sweet liquid like skim milk.
I have an insanely picky 3 year old, and on days when I cant get her to eat more than 2 bites of anything, these mixed berry smoothies are a lifesaver. Nutrients, protein, fiber and they happen to be her favorite color, bright pink! So while this may be a simple recipe, its definitely worthy of sharing for all of you out there who are trying to get your families to eat healthier. Hope you enjoy!
Still hungry? Follow Dinner at the Zoo on , , and for more great recipe ideas!
Triple Berry Smoothie With Yogurt
Full of juicy berries, this Triple Berry Smoothie with Yogurt is the perfect nutritious breakfast to start you and your kids day! Its fruity, creamy, and packed with nutrition.
One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh berries available. Especially here in Louisiana, where locally grown strawberries are ruby red and juicier than any fruit youll ever try. It makes me even more thankful to live in a place with such tasty food!
Since summer is basically just a time for me to figure out how to eat the most amount of berries I possibly can, I have to get creative with recipes. My favorite? Smoothies! I love freezing fresh berries and throwing them in the blender for creamy, refreshing smoothies.
Also Check: Consumer Reports Best Smoothie Blender
Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie
This mixed berry smoothie recipe is delicious & nutritious! It only takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this healthy banana berry smoothie, which can be enjoyed as a quick breakfast or afternoon snack! It’s dairy-free, and you can even add protein powder and spinach for an extra nutrition boost.
I drink a smoothie every morning. Starting my day with a healthy dose of fruits, protein and greens is just the best. This mixed berry smoothie is one of my favorites !
This banana berry smoothie is easy to make – and only takes 5 minutes to blend together. Plus it’s incredibly versatile. Add your favorite vanilla protein powder and a handful of greens to add some extra nutrients!
Best Blenders For Smoothies
OK, youve got all of your smoothie ingredients prepped and ready to go, now how are you going to blend them up?
The key here is powerful.
You want to use a blender capable of completely mixing up all of the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
Here is a list of the best blenders for making fruit smoothies:
- Nutribullet A wonderful personal-sized blender option. Make sure you use the larger cup in order to fit all of the ingredients without going over the max fill line.
- Ninja Blender is also another great option!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie With Greek Yogurt And Almond Milk
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
I personally love smoothies and cant get enough of them. They are so delicious and I would eat them every day if I could.
This is my basic recipe to create what I call the perfect smoothie. It is such an easy smoothie recipe. You can do all water for your liquid, but I suggest you add some sweetener to it.
This recipe is so versatile and can be customized to what you like. It calls for a cup of frozen fruit and I typically use strawberries or blueberries. However, you could use banana, pineapple, mango or a combination!
This Spinach Pineapple Green Smoothie is another favorite smoothie I absolutely love! Once you start making smoothies, you will be hooked!
Berry Smoothie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions
Here are some notes about the ingredients in this banana berry smoothie, as well as possible substitutions.
- Unsweetened almond milk. Any non-dairy milk works excellently in this recipe. I love using coconut milk for a tropical flavor. You can also use regular dairy milk!
- Frozen mixed berries. I always have a bag of mixed berries in my freezer to make this berry smoothie recipe! If you come across delicious fresh berries in the summer for a great price, you can always flash freeze them and then store them in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Frozen banana. If youre don’t prefer bananas, you could substitute another starchy food like avocado for creaminess, but you will likely need to add more honey/maple syrup to achieve the proper sweetness.
- Vanilla extract. You can simply leave out the vanilla, but I love the rich flavor it adds to this frozen berry smoothie.
- Honey. Maple syrup or agave can be used in place of honey. If your berries are extra-sweet you can omit the sweetener altogether.
- Vanilla protein powder . I love adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder to my smoothies for a protein boost that keeps me full longer. Orgain Vanilla Bean Protein Powder is my favorite – I always have it stocked in my pantry.
- Frozen Spinach . If you want to make this a green berry smoothie, simply add some frozen spinach, kale, etc. This is optional!
You May Like: How To Make High Protein Smoothies
How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
This basic recipe will teach you How to Make ANY Fruit Smoothie using fresh and frozen ingredients! Once you learn this simple formula youll be able to mix it up with tropical fruits and berries, add in greens such as spinach or kale, and even make them vegan and dairy-free. And the best part? Only a few simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes are needed to make the best homemade smoothie!
How To Make A Berry Smoothie
Berry smoothies are super easy to make, just toss your ingredients in a blender and give it a whirl!
If you have fresh berries, they are the perfect addition to this berry smoothie recipe as are frozen berries. Frozen berries will make it thicker so it depends if youd like your smoothie to have the texture of a drink or thicker like a milkshake.
Chia seeds add a health kick to this berry smoothie recipe, theyre full of omega-3s, fiber and antioxidants. Healthy, portable, and delicious? Count me in! I like to use my insulated to-go mug for this mixed berry smoothie because it keeps it cold for hours in case I get busy!
Recommended Reading: Why Use Almond Milk In Smoothies
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Berry Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple berry smoothie that anyone can enjoy, but you can add whatever seeds or powders that youd like! For this one, I might add:
- Spinach or other dark leafy greens. Pack in some more vitamins and minerals with a handful or two of leafy greens like spinach. The berries have so much flavor, you wont even notice the greens!
- Ginger. Ginger has tons of health benefitsit is an anti-inflammatory, for oneand it adds a nice spicy bite to smoothies.
- Chia seeds. Chia is an omega-3 powerhouse, and has the added benefit of helping to thicken up your smoothie for an even better consistency.
Once you have a set of mix-ins that you like, you can freeze them as booster packs for future smoothies!
What Are The Differences Between Navel And Valencia Oranges
Valencia oranges are usually ready and ripe in the summer. The valencia orange is often considered a juicing orange. It is more difficult to peel, but it is packed with sweet orange goodness that is ready to be squeezed into fresh delicious juice. One other great thing about the valencia oranges is you can leave the fruit on the tree and they will stay good, for practically the whole year.
The navel orange looks like it has a belly button when you separate it from the stem, hence its name. It has a thicker peel, which makes it easier to peel and eat fresh. These oranges are ripe and ready in the winter
This orange berry smoothie is such a delicious and refreshing way to start the day, or add a boost to your afternoon.
You May Like: Banana Smoothie For Belly Fat
Tips For The Best Berry Yogurt Smoothie
Got your ingredients? Perfect, now here are a couple tips to help make sure you end up with the best smoothie ever.
- Liquid first For best blending results, always pour your liquid ingredients in the blender first, before adding the rest of your smoothie mix-ins.
- Reducing your liquids Using yogurt in your smoothie means that you should hold back a little bit on the other liquids so that you still get a rich, thick, sip-able smoothie. For this reason, be sure to grab a smoothie recipe that already includes yogurt or be ready to adjust accordingly if youre adding yogurt to a smoothie that doesnt have yogurt already on the ingredients list.
- Use frozen fruitAnother way to be sure your smoothies are thick and delicious is to use frozen fruit. And Im not just talking about the berries! I always keep a banana or two in my freezer specifically for smoothie recipes. You can avoid adding ice by using frozen fruit too.
- Sneak in those veggiesSmoothies are a great opportunity to add some good greens in yours and your familys day. Even if your child turns their noses up at a leafy salad, Ive yet to see a kid say no to a creamy berry smoothie!
Grab a free sample of the Family KickStart Program here and start eliminating processed foods with your family on your team.
You and your kids will love this refreshing Triple Berry Smoothie for breakfast or a snack on warm summer days or even packed in their lunchbox during the school year!