Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
I personally love smoothies and cant get enough of them. They are so delicious and I would eat them every day if I could.
This is my basic recipe to create what I call the perfect smoothie. It is such an easy smoothie recipe. You can do all water for your liquid, but I suggest you add some sweetener to it.
This recipe is so versatile and can be customized to what you like. It calls for a cup of frozen fruit and I typically use strawberries or blueberries. However, you could use banana, pineapple, mango or a combination!
This Spinach Pineapple Green Smoothie is another favorite smoothie I absolutely love! Once you start making smoothies, you will be hooked!
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
How To Meal Prep Smoothies
Believe it or not, you can meal prep smoothies in a variety of ways!
The basic premise is that you add all your fillings, then add the milk/Greek yogurt fresh the day you go to make them. You can make a ton of different combos in advance and then you have your smoothies meal prepped and waiting for you without the hassle of getting everything out.
This method is great for when you have to get out the door fast but you still want a freshly blended smoothie.
How Long Will Healthy Smoothies Last in the Fridge?
You can also blend a few smoothies up to 3 days in advance I find that just like cold-pressed juices, smoothies will last a few days in the fridge. They won’t quite be as good as fresh, but nothing in the smoothie is necessarily going to go bad so you can make a few at a time to enjoy later.
I wouldn’t recommend leaving them past 3 days because the bananas or other leafy greens can go bad but you do have a couple days to enjoy.
Read Also: Is Smoothie King Gluten Free
How To Make A Perfect Smoothie
From the go-to formula to the best equipment for the job, everything you need to know in order to start making next level smoothies at home is included in our comprehensive guide to the perfect smoothie.
You want to know how to make a smoothieand not just any smoothie. One that rivals those perfectly creamy ones that your favorite health food store or juice bar charges upwards of $10 a pop for. Well, look no further, because we have everything you need to know about how to make the tastiest smoothie youve ever had, and how to adjust the ingredients based on your favorite flavors, textures, nutrition goalsoh, and foods you already have in your kitchen. On top of that, we have the gear guide youll need to choose the best smoothie maker or blender to make all your wildest smoothie dreams come true. With a little know-how and the right tools, youll be surprised at how easy it is to make next-level smoothies in your own kitchen.
Three Use A Creamy Liquid Base
The sort of liquid utilized in a inexperienced smoothie can change the consistency a lot. Liquids like water, inexperienced tea, and coconut water have a tendency to mix thinner smoothies . Find out extra about inexperienced smoothie liquid-bases right here. To make a thicker smoothie with out the frequent unwanted side effects of dairy milk, attempt a plant primarily based milk choice .
When in search of a pure smoothie thickener, attempt utilizing one among these liquids:
Don’t Miss: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Keeping The Ingredients Minimal But Flavourful
My biggest piece of advice is to keep it simple!
Pick 1-3 fruits to add, maybe a leafy green such as spinach and then your liquid and protein source. That’s it!
Don’t make it harder on yourself by going out and spending all this money on fish oil, fresh turmeric, etc and then have a smoothie where you don’t enjoy the taste very much or you’ve spent $100 on ingredients and have turned it into a complicated process. Sometimes the healthiest foods are the simplest foods.
Whats The Best Liquid For Making Smoothies
We like to use milk of choice. If youre a fan of coconut milk, use it. Like cows milk? Go for it. A fan of almond milk? Cool. Use whatever milk you like in your smoothiesyou cant go wrong. I just recommend you stick to unsweetened and unflavored versions. That gives you the most control over the smoothie.
Don’t Miss: Six Star Instant Protein Smoothie Walmart
How Do I Make A Berry Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Slowly increase the speed of your blender until it is working at full power. When fully blended, taste your smoothie for sweetness, and add honey or maple syrup to taste.
Tip : Use Frozen Ingredients
In our early smoothie making days we spent more than 30 dollars per week on fruit and vegetables spread out over two trips now we spend under 18 dollars per week and go to the store only twice a month. The cheapest and most nutritious way to make a smoothie BY FAR is to use frozen ingredients whenever possible. For the skinny on why frozen fruit is both cheaper and better see our Fresh vs Frozen shakedown.
Recommended Reading: Best Protein Powder For Green Smoothies
Fresh Fruit & Veggies
Of course, you can skip the frozen produce and make a smoothie with that amazing fresh fruit you just picked up at the farmers market. Youll just need to add plenty of ice if you like it chilly, and stick with soft, ripe fruits.
For best results, dont use tougher skinned fruit, like pears and apples unless youre using a powerful blender, suggests Adler.
Some of her favorite fresh ingredients for smoothie are include fresh spinach and ripe avocado. Spinach is detoxifying and vitamin packed, but with an actually sweet taste and no bitternessthis is ideal for those that are nervous about anything green in their smoothies.
And ¼ to ½ of an avocado can turn any smoothie into a decadent meal you can eat with a spoon. The healthy fats found in an avocado will help you stay full for hours.
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Berry Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple berry smoothie that anyone can enjoy, but you can add whatever seeds or powders that youd like! For this one, I might add:
- Spinach or other dark leafy greens. Pack in some more vitamins and minerals with a handful or two of leafy greens like spinach. The berries have so much flavor, you wont even notice the greens!
- Ginger. Ginger has tons of health benefitsit is an anti-inflammatory, for oneand it adds a nice spicy bite to smoothies.
- Chia seeds. Chia is an omega-3 powerhouse, and has the added benefit of helping to thicken up your smoothie for an even better consistency.
Once you have a set of mix-ins that you like, you can freeze them as booster packs for future smoothies!
You May Like: Soap And Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk
All Pure Smoothie Thickener Suggestions + Methods
Its not at all times crucial to make your smoothie really feel like milkshakes in your mouth, however typically its good to have a creamy, wholesome deal with. Lots of instances, further creamy means further content material . This makes creamy smoothies a nice substitute for meals in addition to post-workout drinks.
Why You Should Make This Banana Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy banana smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients like fruit, nut butter, and veggies.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can even make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save it for later.
Also Check: Why Use Almond Milk In Smoothies
How To Choose A Smoothie Maker And/or Blender
When choosing a smoothie maker and/or blender, consider your priorities and budget. If you can splurge for a full-sized blender, thats the way to go, says Adler. Thats largely because of its ability to do a number of thingsnot just make great smoothies.
If you dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on a smoothie makerand youre going to be making one smoothie at a timeconsider a mini blender or an immersion blender. These products dont have the versatility of a full-sized blenderyoull be limited in how many things you can make in it. But if all you plan on making with them is smoothies, they certainly will do the job.
How To Make A Smoothie With Ice Cream
A smoothie with ice cream? Uh, yes please. Once you scoop ice cream into your blender, its technically considered a milkshake, but go ahead and make that switch for an occasional indulgent treat. Ice cream, of course, makes for an exceptionally creamy, sweet, and decadent smoothie experience.
Love the idea but dont want to do dairy? Try a non-dairy ice cream, such as that varieties made of coconut milk.
I love ½ cup coconut milk ice cream blended with 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond, coconut or whole milk, says Adler. Then, its optional to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder or 1 handful cocoa nibs to make it chocolaty, a teaspoon of peanut butter, or fresh mintor all of the above.
You May Like: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Lean Machine Fat Burner
Freeze Your Fruit And Vegetables:
Frozen fruit and vegetables help to make smoothies more thick and creamy, and having them on hand means you can enjoy a smoothie anytime.
You can buy pre-packaged frozen fruit and vegetables in the freezer aisle of your local supermarket if you’re in a pinch, but I prefer to make my own. It’s a great way to reduce food waste and if you buy your favourite ingredients on sale, it works out to be a lot cheaper.
Tips for freezing your own fruit and vegetables
- Wash and remove inedible parts
- Chop into bite-sized chunks.
- Optional – Flash freeze to prevent your ingredients from freezing in one lump together.
- Spread the fruit and vegetable chunks onto a baking tray and put it in the freezer for approx. 1 hour.
- Once chunks are frozen solid, put them in airtight containers or freezer bags
How To Make A Smoothie With Fresh Fruit
Of course, fresh fruit can be an amazing addition to your favorite smoothies. Just be sure your fruit is soft and free of large seeds before you add it to the blender. Peel your fruit, and chop it into smaller pieces if its large or a little on the firm side.
One fresh fruit smoothie recipe youll definitely want to try: Adlers Everyday Green smoothie, made with fresh avocado, banana, blueberries and spinach.
Also Check: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Watermelon Mojito
+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Check out 100+ healthy smoothie recipes and learn how to make your own unique healthy smoothies at home with our basic smoothie equation.
Say hello to the most beautiful smoothies on the internet! Smoothies are such a great healthy breakfast idea, snack, or even dinner! In less than 5 minutes you can enjoy multiple servings of fruit, veggies, healthy fats, and more!
PS: Check out our best Protein Shake Recipes, too!
Equipment For Healthy Smoothies
Having the right equipment is key to making healthy smoothies.
- The Vitamix personal series is great for making just one or two smoothies at a time
- So is the Magic Bullet or Nutri Bullet the only hang up here is that I find I have to replace these models once every couple years or so because the motor eventually burns out
- The Vitamix Ascent series is my fave though it’s self-cleaning so you aren’t left with a ton of mess and it’s perfect for if you’re prepping 3-4 smoothies at a time. It can tear through anything to make the smoothest smoothie, even ice!
You can of course get a mid-range blender too, really any blender will work. But if it takes 3 or more tries to get that smooth texture without all the lumps, it can be a frustrating experience.
See how often you’re going to be making smoothies and if it’s going to be a consistent thing for you, your best bet is to invest in a high-powered blender that can minimize the time you spend making healthy smoothies.
You May Like: Best Smoothie Diet To Lose Weight Fast
Four: Add Ice And Blend
The amount of ice you use depends on how thick you want your smoothie recipe to be. Start with about 1 cup crushed ice for a fairly thick smoothie that is still drinkable with a straw. Omit the ice if using frozen fruit or if you want the smoothie to be thinner and less cold. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a cup or thermal to-go drink container and slurp up every last drop.
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Also Check: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
Choose Ingredients You Enjoy:
It might seem like a no brainer but when it comes to making a great smoothie, you need to choose ingredients that appeal to you. Don’t feel pressured to use an ingredient just because of its claimed health benefit.
If you can’t stand almond milk, choose a milk you like. If you hate kale, try another green instead. And if you’ve never liked blueberries, don’t make a blueberry smoothie. Simple!
Tip : Drink To Your Health
Learning how to make smoothies should be a fun and ongoing process of experimentation. Add it to part of your morning and daily routine. Try new fruits, flavors, and combinations to find your own holy grail recipe that brings health, nutrition, hydration, and pleasure to you every day. Here’s to a long a prosperous smoothie making life…
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Dairy Free Smoothie
Fruit Smoothie Recipes Are Easy To Make And Perfect For An Easy Breakfast Or Snack You Only Need A Few Ingredients And A Blender And Youre Ready To Go
This post contains affiliate links. We may receive a small commission when you click on those links and buy a product, at no additional cost to you.
I love fruit smoothies. I love making them up for breakfast, for a snack, or for something healthier when Im craving something sweet.
One of my best friends and I bonded the first time over drinking smoothies together. She and I had class together my first semester at BYU, it was a freshman English class, and I hadnt gotten my meal card yet so after class she offered to buy me a smoothie from Jamba Juice on campus. We were best friends ever since.
Smoothies are great because they are so easy! And you can you can whip them together with just a few ingredients. You can choose what kind of fruit, juice, yogurt, etc to have all types of different flavors of smoothies.
You can have it be a berry smoothie, a tropical smoothie, banana orange, strawberry pineapple, etc. Try different kinds of fruits and yogurts to change the flavor.