The Best Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
Looking for an easy, 5 minute blueberry smoothie recipe? This healthy blueberry smoothie is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Also makes a great kid-friendly blueberry protein smoothie after-school snack or quick breakfast!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How Do You Thicken Smoothies
There are a few ways to thicken a smoothie. Make sure to use frozen fruit and cold ingredients. Ingredients like yogurt can also help to thicken a smoothie.
If your smoothie comes out thin you might have added too much liquid. You can add more frozen fruit to make it thicker.
Adding protein powder can also help thicken a smoothie.
How To Make A Layered Smoothie
While you could take all the ingredients for this smoothie and blend them together. youd have a brown smoothie that isnt very festive. So With a little effort , you can have a super creative-looking yet low effort food that will shine at your next cookout.
Since smoothies are thick, it should be fairly easy to layer this strawberry blueberry smoothie. Just evenly distribute each smoothie pour, so the layers stay separate.
If you want to get super fancy, then try doing thinner layers, and more of them, to create a multi-striped effect. Love the layered smoothie look? Then try this rainbow smoothie recipe next!
You May Like: Smoothie King Benefits
How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.There are 7 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.The wikiHow Video Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 111,938 times.Learn more…
Smoothies are both delicious and healthy. They are also simple to make. Smoothies made from strawberries or bananas are the most popular, but have you ever tried making a smoothie with blueberries? Blueberries are sweet, and full of vitamins and antioxidants. They are perfect smoothie additions for sweet tooths and health fanatics alike.
Add Ingredients To Blender
2. Now add the blueberries in a blender jar. Frozen berries work brilliantly, if you do not have fresh berries.
I always freeze blueberries and strawberries so that I can have a stock of them when they are not in season. Many times I have made smoothies and shakes with frozen blueberries.
3. Add 1 cup of lite coconut milk which has a thin to medium consistency . I also suggest that you add 6 to 7 wheatgrass strands for an extra boost of nutrients and lovely, slightly earthy flavor.
You could add your choice of any nut milk or even dairy milk or opt for a plant based yogurt or dairy yogurt.
TIP: In place of wheat grass, sub with 1 to 2 teaspoons of wheat grass powder or add about 1 tablespoon of protein powder. When I have fresh or homemade frozen spinach, I add some of the leaves to this smoothie.
4. Add ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract, or 1 to 2 drops of vanilla essence. Vanilla extract is less processed and therefore has a stronger vanilla falvor.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Variations
Fruit Mixing in some pineapple or strawberries would be delicious in this blueberry smoothie.
Yogurt Nonfat greek yogurt is a great way to add protein and richness to smoothies for a low amount of calories. You can substitute with dairy free yogurt or full fat yogurt. You can also skip the yogurt, but may need a little bit more milk.
Milk Any milk will work in this recipe. Almond, Dairy, or other non dairy milks will all work.
Protein Powder Protein powder isnt necessary but it is recommended for this recipe. The added protein will help keep you full, rather than this just being blended fruit . Any protein powder will work. We like this protein powder best.
Frozen Fruit You can substitute frozen fruit for fresh fruit. Substitute 1:1. Frozen fruit will result in a thicker smoothie. Fresh fruit will result in a thinner smoothie
Other Add Ins Feel free to add in other nuts or seeds to this recipe. Chia or flax seeds would make a great addition!
Greens We love to add a handful of spinach or kale to this recipe. You cant taste it and its delicious. You can also try our Immunity Smoothie
Frozen Cauliflower: Frozen cauliflower is relatively tasteless and helps thicken smoothies. Its also a great way to add in sneaky veggies. 1/4 cup cauliflower rice will blend nicely in this recipe.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie Variations
- Add other fruit. I love the blueberry and banana combo, but feel free to play around with other frozen fruit. Try raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, mango, you name it.
- Boost the nutrition. Blend in a spoonful of flax seeds, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, or a scoop of nut butter for some extra protein.
- Make it green. Blend in a handful of baby spinach or kale for a green blueberry smoothie. The color wont be as nice, but it will taste just as good!
- Make it sweeter. This smoothie is already sweet thanks to the banana, but feel free to make it even sweeter with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, or agave.
- Thicken it up. Make your smoothie a little more filling with a scoop of old-fashioned oats.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Concert Seating Chart
Our Favorite Blueberry Smoothie
Stephen Poplawskis love for mixing things ultimately led to the invention of the Blender in 1922. Boy, am I glad he invented it because we use our blender almost every day!!
Lately, weve been on a smoothie kick so weve been blending ALL THE THINGS!
We typically go for strawberries when making smoothies, but opted for a blueberry version and its a new favorite!
Not only was this blueberry smoothie recipe delicious, but it takes just a minute to make. Quick, delicious, full of nutrition AND low in calories whats not to love?!
Lo and I and the kids declared this our favorite blueberry smoothie. So yummy and makes for a great breakfast or snack.
Tips For Making This Smoothie Ahead
You can either put it into a reusable pouch to serve later or into a cup. If serving from a cup, you may want to stir it up before serving. It wont be as thick and creamy if serving after its sat in the fridge since the frozen fruit will thaw a bit, but it will still be good.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha
The Best Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
Why is this blueberry smoothie recipe the best blueberry smoothie recipe? Because its easy to make, with just 3 simple ingredients, and the taste and texture are the best!
Todays blueberry smoothie recipe is bursting with fresh blueberry sweetnessthink refreshing and fruity with just a hint of creamy goodness. This blueberry smoothie is just slightly thick, making for the perfect drinkable smoothie delight.
How To Make A Frosty Smoothie At Home
Smoothies are one of those things that always seem to taste better when purchased from a café or smoothie stand until now. Finally, Ive discovered the secret to why shop-bought smoothies are so much better!
The answer lies in the frozenness of the ingredients, because nobody likes a runny smoothie. When you use ingredients that are partly frozen , youll wind up with a smoothie so frosty that youll be amazed it was created in your own kitchen.
Step 1: Prep the ingredientsFirst, before blending, freeze either the blueberries or the banana. This will give your smoothie a frosty texture! Note: If freezing the banana, be sure to peel and slice it first!
Step 2: Blend everything togetherAdd the berries, banana, yogurt, and milk to a blender and blitz until smooth. For a punch of healthy fat, you can either blend in nut butter, or use it as a topping! Optionally sprinkle granola on top for some extra crunch.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Slim-n-trim Recipes
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this strawberry blueberry smoothie. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too. If your smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk .
- I owned this more economical option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- I sip my smoothies through these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw.
Other Smoothie Recipes To Try
There is such a vast range of strawberry smoothies that youre able to do. Its a very versatile fruit making it work with tons of other different types of fruit and dairy. If you like this smoothie, then you should certainly check out the tasty strawberry & yogurt smoothie.
Another smoothie that I highly recommend trying is the strawberry and raspberry smoothie. Its the perfect blend of two fruits and tastes absolutely delicious.
I hope that you enjoy this delicious, simple strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe. If you have a variation, tips, or anything else that you would love to share, then please feel free to leave a comment below.
Read Also: Smoothing King Center Seating Chart
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena Box Office
Whats In A Blueberry Bliss Smoothie
Blueberries are the main event in this smoothie recipe, you wont be surprised to know. There form the base of this smoothie and the other fruits are there to add interest and sweetness.
I add oatmeal to this smoothie for some protein. This helps to keep you going until morning tea and stops those rumbling tummies.
Blueberry Smoothie: Ingredients & Substitutions
Let’s discuss the ingredients, as well as possible substitutions in this blueberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Unsweetened almond milk. Any non-dairy milk works well in this recipe You can also use regular dairy milk.
- Frozen blueberries. I always have a bag of wild blueberries in my freezer to make this blueberry banana smoothie. If you come across delicious fresh blueberries in the summer for a great price, you can always flash freeze them and then store them in an airtight container in the freezer. Fresh berries can be used also.
- Frozen banana. If you don’t prefer bananas, you can substitute another starchy food like avocado for creaminess, but you will likely need to add more honey/maple syrup to achieve the proper sweetness.
- Vanilla extract. You can leave out the vanilla, but I love the rich flavor it adds to this blueberry smoothie recipe.
- Honey. Maple syrup or agave can be used in place of honey. If your blueberries are very sweet you can omit the sweetener altogether.
- Vanilla protein powder . I love adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder to my smoothies for a protein boost that keeps me full longer. Orgain Vanilla Bean Protein Powder is my favorite.
- Frozen Spinach . If you want to make this a green blueberry smoothie, simply add some frozen spinach, kale, etc. This is optional! Just note that spinach will make this more of a gray/brown smoothie than vibrant purple!
You May Like: Low Carb High Protein Smoothie King
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Summertime is fast approaching, which means two things: first, blueberries are going to be in season and second, smoothies are about to become my daily breakfast. Why, you ask? Let me count the reasons:
I also happen to love blueberries in particular because they are not only amazingly sweet and yummy, but they also dont require any work! No hulling, no halving, just eating. Thats my kind of fruit!
Give a try to my fresh blueberry smoothie recipe today, it just might become your favorite smoothie of all time!
Looking To Add Even More Nutrition
Try one of these easy mix-ins:
- Chia seeds: add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your blueberry smoothie for a boost of healthy fats and fiber.
- Spinach: if youre looking to get more greens in your smoothie, try adding a cup or two of raw or cooked spinach. Youll never be able to taste it, but just know that it may change the color of your smoothie to a brownish color.
- Frozen cauliflower: you could also throw in a cup of frozen cauliflower to thicken your smoothie even more and get extra veggies in. You wont even be able to taste it!
Read Also: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
Almond Butter And Blueberry Smoothie
How to make smoothie king smoothies at home. Even 16 ounces of this smoothie contains 300. Order online, or use the healthy rewards app. First, place the peeled banana, strawberries with stems removed, papaya nectar, and sugar in a blender.
So, if you wish to try it at home, we have provided you with the recipes as well. Cover again and blend until smooth. A traditional smoothie at smoothie king will cost you anywhere from $5 to $8.
Immediately serve these smoothies while perfectly cold. For an even easier way to rule the day. 1/2 cup of yogurt
See more ideas about healthy smoothies, smoothie recipes, smoothies. Apart from these healthy smoothies, there are some other famous ones smoothie king makes. Start the blender on a low speed until the biggest pieces have gotten chopped up, then rev it up higher once the larger pieces start to become minced, and the smoothie seems to become more incorporated about a minute or two into the blending process.
Moreover, getting the same consistency as smoothie king menu would be a great experience for you and will save you a few bucks for sure. And a flavor for every taste all crafted using whole fruits and organic veggies true to our clean blends promise. Use the freshest ingredients possible.
A blend for every purpose. The smoothie king is full of healthy nutrients and is considers more beneficial for the body. Further, the taste of the smoothie is tastier and delicious.
10 Amazing Smoothie King Recipes You Can Make At Home
Fresh Blueberry Grape Smoothie
Let me tell you about this Blueberry Grape Smoothie. Now that weve seen some sunshine coming ), summertime is here and spring has officially arrived, I just cant stop thinking of the summer. Warm weather, fresh food, having a picknick in the park with friends and drinking a cold sweet fruit smoothie! Yes thats right, I think its time to get into that mood! So heres a super easy and fresh smoothie that anyone can make in just 5 minutes when you have access to a blender.
Read Also: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Conditioner
Does Drinking Fruit Smoothies Help You Lose Weight
Adding healthy fruit smoothies made with whole, healthy ingredients can be a useful tool in losing weight. However, make sure you are keeping your portion in check .
Also remember to add plenty of good sources of lean protein, limit processed foods, limit refined sugar and stay at a consistent and reasonable calorie deficit for your weight.
Optional Or Additional Ingredients
Icecream Usually, in Milkshake, we add ice cream but if you like you may also add some ice cream in the smoothies too. Use Vegan ice cream if you prefer your smoothie to Vegan.
Berries You may also add in the other berries along with the strawberry and blueberry. Cranberry and Raspberry work well.
Also Check: Keto Champ Berry Net Carbs
You May Like: Smoothie King Seating View
How To Make Blueberry Smoothie
The steps is super easy. Just one step.
If your blender has a smoothie button, just press it.If not, continue blending for about a minute until you don’t see any chunk.
The color will change over time, so pour it into a glass and drink it as soon as possible.
Try These Amazing Flavor Boosters
This wild blueberry smoothie is delicious as-is, but feel free to mix it up with these fun flavor boosters!
- Almond extract: I LOVE adding just a drop or two of almond extract to make the blueberry smoothie taste like cake. Mmmm blueberry cake for breakfast.
- Cinnamon: a pinch of cinnamon really brings out that cozy, freshly baked muffin flavor. I almost always add cinnamon to my muffin recipes, so its the perfect addition to this smoothie.
- Lemon zest: a little bit of lemon zest goes a long way and adds a wonderful brightness to the smoothie. It wont make the smoothie sour or tart, just even more refreshing.
- Vanilla protein powder: if youd like even more vanilla flavor feel free to add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder! I like Aloha and Four Sigmatic.
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Concerts 2021