Smoothie Ingredients I Used
The main ingredients are: unsweetened almond milk, vanilla whey protein powder, chia seeds, frozen pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice & vanilla stevia.
I dont like mine super sweet but you could easily add some extra stevia, Swerve or your sweetener of choice. The vanilla protein powder has enough sweetness for me but you might want more.
By the way I used to use vanilla extract and sweetener but now I use Sweetleaf Vanilla Steviawhich works much better in my opinion.
Health Risks Of Irregular Blood Pressure
Uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure can lead to complications like:
- Heart attack or stroke: high blood pressure can cause arteries hardening, leading to stroke.
- Aneurysm: High BP can lead to weakening or bulging of blood vessels
- Heart failure: High BP can become difficult for the heart to pump blood from thick chambers. Eventually, it cuts down the blood supply, causing heart failure.
- Damages kidney blood vessels: Blood pressure can lead to narrowing and weakening of blood vessels in your kidneys.
- Effects on memory: High blood pressure can also affect your capability to think, remember, and learn.
Severe low blood pressure can result in life-threatening situations like:
- Confusion and memory loss, specifically in older people
- Weak and quick pulse
- Irregular breathing, which can lead to oxygen deficiency
- Frequent fainting
We can control our blood pressure levels by taking dietary precautions. Some foods contain ingredients that are best to control BP. These nutrients control your sugar levels and maintain normal blood pressure. You can supplement your diet with these food items.
Banana Mango Smoothie Recipe
Bananas are excellent supporters of a healthy heart. One large banana provides up to 480mg of potassium, which is essential for the muscles that make your heart beat. In fact, low potassium intake is related to higher risk of stroke so, bananas high-potassium/low-sodium combo makes them a great addition to any healthy heart routine. This
Recommended Reading: Night Time Smoothies
Throw In Some Healthy Fats
Did you know healthy fats help absorb nutrients as well as keep you feeling fuller, longer?
- Chia or flax seeds. Spoon in 1 teaspoon of chia or flax seeds, which aid in lowering blood pressure and are loaded with antioxidants, protein, iron and calcium.
- Avocado. Slice up 1 ripe avocado, which is high in oleic acid, an anti-inflammatory, as well as high in fiber.
- Coconut oil. Scoop 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into your smoothie, which is known to raise good cholesterol and aid in heart health.
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake
Read Also: Breville Vegetable Juicer
How To Make A Vegan Blueberry Smoothie
Great smoothie recipes are super easy. And this recipe only uses 5 ingredients!
Step 1: Add the blueberries, almond milk, pea protein powder, and vanilla to a high-speed blender.
Step 2: Add the coconut milk slowly based on your desired smoothie thickness.
Step 3: Blend on high until all the ingredients are completely mixed and the smoothie has turned a light purple.
All thats left to do is grab a straw and enjoy!
Vegan Protein Smoothies: Plant Based Protein
Everyone is always yakking on about how hard it is to get enough protein as a vegan. Bring me solutions people, not problems!
Now we take on vegan protein smoothies! What sources of protein are we finding in these healthy vegan smoothie recipes?
Protein powder is a big player. Some people arent fans of protein powder, I think often from fear it is unnatural. Which is a fair point, there are plenty of unnatural, processed protein powders out there!
However, there are also lots of natural vegan protein powders on the market! They are a good option for a smoothie, because they blend right in.
Don’t Miss: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie
Kidney Detox Smoothie Recipes
Your kidneys act as filters for removing waste and detoxing your body. Theyre vital to a healthy and happy life.
Our diet can greatly impact the way our kidneys function. A clean diet rich in kidney-friendly foods may support your health.
Thats why I have gathered the top tips on how to make kidney detox smoothies, as well as seven kidney cleanse smoothie recipes. These smoothies are delicious and packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
If youre suffering from kidney disease and interested in natural approaches to support your kidneys, talk to your doctor first. A suitable diet can vary depending on the health of your kidneys.
Best Smoothies For Controlling Blood Pressure
Preparation is the most significant challenge people face in following any diet or making dietary changes. Preparing several dishes may take time. However, the easiest way to consume foods that may help improve blood pressure levels can be in the form of delicious smoothies. Smoothies are the best alternatives for meals. They are easy to make and are very tasty.
Here are some smoothie recipes that help reduce your high blood pressure levels and satisfy your taste buds.
You May Like: Smoothie Recipes For Cancer Patients
Other Smoothie Recipes To Try:
- Super Energy Cranberry Apple Smoothie: Boost your energy in the morning with this Super Energy Cranberry Apple Smoothie that combines the tartness of the cranberry with the sweetness of the apple, the flavor of the coconut milk, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Low Carb Chocolate Smoothie: A chocolate smoothie is a great way to start your day or to recharge mid-afternoon. This low carb smoothie will help you maintain your diet while you feel like you are indulging.
- Mango Green Smoothie: This is the fastest way to get more greens in your diet. Make this delicious Mango Green Smoothie and start your day right.
- Cherry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe: This cherry pineapple smoothie takes just minutes to make and is a great nutritional breakfast option.
- Peach Green Smoothie Recipe: This creamy peach green smoothie is a great start way to kick-start your day because it is loaded with minerals, vitamins, and fiber.
Read Also: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
What Kinds Of Smoothies Are Good For Kidneys
Many different smoothies can be good for kidneys. It is important to focus on the ingredients, whether they are homemade or store-bought versions. Most of the smoothies should include kidney-friendly fresh fruit like berries, apples, pineapple, etc. But they are also much better for you if you include things like cinnamon, flax seeds, chia seeds, or kale. This adds more fiber and gets you to enjoy your intake of nutritional needs.
You May Like: Smoothie King Protein Shakes
Are High Protein Fruit Smoothies Healthy
Crave-worthy fruit smoothies are indeed healthy if you mix them right! Be sure to follow these pointers and youll end up with a good-for-you smoothie.
- Dont add juice from the grocery store shelf to your smoothie. Choose liquids like coconut water and unsweetened almond milk like we did for the 5 High Protein Fruit Smoothies for Weight Loss found in this post. Other good choices are hemp milk and soy milk.
- Add healthy fats like Greek yogurt and avocado. That way, along with the fat, youll get extra protein from the yogurt and vitamins and antioxidants from the avocado.
- If you think you need a sweetener, add cinnamon or a dash of pure maple syrup. Dont add artificial sweeteners.
- Dont forget your greens. They add extra nutrients and blend in well with fruits like bananas and strawberries.
Ckd Diet: Low Potassium Smoothies
By Mathea Ford
Cooking on a chronic kidney disease diet can seem stressful and quite a chore. Sometimes we just want something simple that still fills us up or gives us a healthy snack. Thats where delicious, fresh, and a healthy smoothie can come in. Smoothies are an easy way to enjoy a snack with quality protein or a breakfast or lunch option on a kidney diet. You can pack a homemade smoothie with many kidney-friendly smoothie options and ingredients and nutrients that are good for you and will give you the energy to get through the day.
Also Check: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
What If I Have Diabetes
Never fear! You can still have smoothies, even if you have diabetes.
People with diabetes should NEVER completely avoid carbohydrate. Instead, the goal for diabetes is to eat carbohydrate in healthy portions, many times throughout the day.
It all comes down to portion size. Many smoothie ingredients, like yogurt, milk and fruit have carbohydrate. If you arent careful, smoothies can easily pack quite a bit of carbohydrate!
If you have diabetes, make sure you eat the right amount of carbohydrate at once. Your dietitian can help you learn how much carbohydrate is right for you.
Also, this smoothie is packed with 6 grams of fiber! Having fiber with carbohydrate can help stabilize blood sugar.
Protein In My Smoothie For My Kidneys
If you are on dialysis you have increased protein needs from when you were not on dialysis. For this reason, you may want to add a protein power. For a high quality protein, protein powders such as whey protein powder or egg white protein powder can be used. They must be checked for potassium and phosphorus content. There are many brands that have less than 200mg of potassium and phosphorus. However, there are also even more brands that have high levels of these minerals and have an abundance of additives.
Products that are low in potassium and phosphorus include:
EggPro powder, LiquaCel, Procel Whey Protein Powder, Pro-Stat, Proteinex Liquid, Pure Protein Whey PowderSince you may have a decreased appetite, you may be familiar with liquid renal supplements. These can also be used to supplement protein as well as add creaminess to the smoothie. Some liquid renal supplements include Re-Gen, Nepro with Carb Steady and Novasource Renal.
For each serving you are making, use one scoop of protein powder or 4 ounces of liquid nutrition supplement.
If you feel the smoothie needs some extra flavor, Crystal Light flavoring can be added to your smoothie to give it a kick!
1/2 c Frozen Mixed Berries
4 Tbsp Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
1 Scoop Whey Protein
1/4 c Water
Crystal Light Raspberry Peach
Instructions: Blend all ingredients together. Add water as needed for the appropriate consistency based on your fluid needs or restrictions as well as based on your preferences.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating Capacity
Vanilla Chia Pudding With Chestnut Honey & Berries
Why We Love It: Contrary to popular belief, low-carb high-protein snack recipes dont always have to be savory. And while Ive always reserved chia pudding for breakfast, its time I let it shine during other meals of the day. What can definitely be enjoyed as a snack can totally double as dessert. Its light and literally zero-effort. A magic pair.
Hero Ingredient: Three tablespoons of honey or maple syrup keep things just sweet enough.
You May Like: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipe
How To Create A Meal Plan
From Kidney Kitchen Pro, click Create a meal plan. From here, take the following steps:
- Meal plan name: Give your custom meal plan a name so you remember who or what it is for. Make sure your meal plan is descriptive as youll have the ability to add the custom meal plans to toolkits that you can access later or share directly with others.
- Select recipes or food: For each meal/snack each day, you can add a Kidney Kitchen recipe from the dropdown menus. If you are not familiar with the recipes, you can learn more about each recipe Find recipes from the Kidney Kitchen Pro dashboard. You can add a recipe to an existing meal plan by clicking Add to meal plan to add them to a specific meal plan.
- If you plan on sending this meal plan to another person, you can add a special note in this section.
- Private notes: If you want to note something that should only be visible to you, this is where you add it.
Once youve created your meal plan, click Create meal plan to save it. If you are logged in to Kidney Kitchen Pro, you can access your custom meal plans at any time. Click on the meal plan to access the content and to share and print it for others.
Don’t Miss: Curl Smoothie Mielle
Can I Use Milk In My Kidney Friendly Smoothies
Milk, yogurt and ice cream which are normally be added to a smoothie must be eliminated because of the high phosphorus levels for most kidney patients. If you are not limiting your phosphorus, then you can use milk as long as you account for the protein it contains. To obtain a similar creaminess, non-dairy whipped topping or non-dairy creamer could be added instead of a dairy product if you can’t have them. Another idea could be to add sherbet.
For each serving you are making, use 2 to 4 tablespoons of whipped topping or sherbet.
Are Smoothies Good For Kidneys
Smoothies can include many kidney-friendly ingredients that are good for your overall health and a healthy diet. However, it is important to remember that smoothies are a good majority liquid and may not be the best option for substitutes for those on dialysis, as the liquid intake would have to be monitored heavily.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Parking Cost
How To Make A High Protein Fruit Smoothie
Making a protein fruit smoothie recipe is pretty simple. Its important to have a good quality protein powder in hand that is minimally processed, doesnt have a ton of added sugar, and of course, has a good taste.
I like Naked Nutrition as a protein powder because there are no artificial sweeteners and colors. And if youve been following me for a while, you know that I quit sugar, so a powder that has few ingredients is important to me.
In a nutshell, I mix unsweetened almond milk, fruit, and a scoop of protein powder in my Vitamix blender. The result is a perfect consistency smoothie that is like a meal in a mason jar !
What Can I Use To Make A Healthy Smoothies For Kidney Failure
After looking at what you cannot eat on a renal diet, it may seem impossible to enjoy kidney friendly smoothies. After all the main things that go into a smoothie are limited and that means it won’t be very good, right?
Wrong! Substitutions exist for the common high potassium and high phosphorus foods that are normally added to smoothies so you can still enjoy that flavor without all the potassium.
Don’t Miss: Sipping Pretty Palette
Back To The Earth Protein Smoothie
by Jennifer McDaniel, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD
“This is an excellent post-workout recovery drink. Beets contain nitrate, which increases blood flow to muscles and acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which hold on to water, prolonging hydration and retention of electrolytes, and slowly release carbs for better endurance. Ginger can help relieve muscle soreness and reduce oxidative stress.”
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 slice fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ginger
Nutrition: 466 calories, 6.5 g fat , 10 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 677 mg calcium, 73 g carbs, 14 g fiber, 35 g sugars, 35 g protein
by Jennifer McDaniel, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD
“This drink’s base is almond butter, which is rich in satiating protein to power muscles. Mango is packed with vitamins C and A, which promotes immunity and cell growth. Flax seeds’ omega-3 fatty acids improve insulin and glucose metabolism, and some research suggests in can increase blood flow and muscle growth. Turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that’s even been linked to increasing neuroplasticity, which can improve our memory and cognition. Turmeric can be especially be helpful if you’re learning how to master a new skill in your sport it’s also been proven to reduce recovery time and increase endurance and performance.”
by Libby Mills, MS, RDN, LDN
- 1 medium carrot
- 7 oz silken tofu, about 2/5 of a 16 oz package
What Is Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is the force or impact of your blood pushing against the artery walls. Every time your heart beats, it sends blood into the arteries. Usually, you may read your blood pressure in two numbers like x/y mmHg. X is the systolic number, and Y is the diastolic number. The ideal blood pressure level is 120/80mmHg.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
Peanut Butter Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk
Just wanted you to know that this Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk is sponsored by my friends over at Almond Breeze!
This Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk is an EASY sugar free 5 ingredient breakfast that tastes like a peanut butter cup! SO creamy!
Oh hey! Hi! Hello!
You probably wishing you were still snuggling in bed on a cozy weekend morning but, alas, youre running around like the crazy-busy-gotta-get-the-day-rollin kind person that I know you ARE.
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE THOUGH. Just because youre busy and running around does not mean I am giving you permission to skip breakfast. You know it IS the most important meal of the day and its going to give your busy-body the ENERGY and PUNCH that it needs to OWN the WHOLE week.
For those busy-no-time-to-cook kinda mornings when you were not your usual meal-planning-prepared self with some cookie dough overnight oats or breakfast egg muffins at the ready, this low carb breakfast smoothie is going to come in REALLLLLLL handy.