What You Should Know
How did your healthy homemade strawberry milk-free smoothie go? Surely very good, but we take the opportunity to give you some tips that will help you.
- You can also add other red fruits such as blackberry or raspberry. You will see how you will optimize the flavor of your drink.
- Add a little Kiwi if you like. By the way, have you already tried the kiwi smoothie to lose weight ?
- Although any low-fat yogurt is recommended, the idea is that it is completely natural.
- If you dont like orange, you can substitute mango juice for it.
You have no excuse to start your own smoothie, so take action and you will have a drink that is as delicious as it is nutritious before your eyes.
Resumen del Contenido
What Are The Ingredients For A Strawberry Smoothie
Stemming from our childhood days of drinking Froot Loops and slurping down pints of Ben and Jerrys, many of us have come to assume that milk is a key ingredient in a smoothie. This is not the case. Milk has many health benefits, but it also has a couple of drawbacks. First, milk is very high in calories. A 16 ounce can of 2% milk has about 250 calories, while a cup of 2% Greek yogurt has about 150 calories. Also, milk can have an unpleasant, rancid taste when you add it to your smoothie. This may be due to the way it curdles as it cools. Milk also curdles as its blended, so it may end up separating and separating again when you add it to the blender. To keep your smoothies smooth and creamy, we recommend leaving out the milk. One of the best smoothie recipes to try without milk is our Raspberry Raspberry Smoothie. Other smoothie recipes you can try are the Strawberry Banana Smoothie, Blueberry Spinach Smoothie, and Chocolate Coconut Smoothie. Of course, if you want to include milk, we have smoothie recipes that include milk, such as our Strawberry Milk Smoothie and Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Smoothie.
Key Ingredients And Substitutions
Frozen strawberries make your smoothie thick and ice-cold. No need to add ice cubes that will water down. You can use part fresh strawberries if needed.
Water helps the blending process. You can replace it with plant-based milk if you prefer.
Cashew butter makes the smoothie super creamy and has a relatively neutral taste that you’ll barely notice.
Strawberry jam is totally optional but beautifully enhances the strawberry flavor of the smoothie. It makes it taste so good without the added flavoring agents that you can find in store-bought smoothies. If you don’t want to use jam but would like to lightly sweeten your smoothie, you can replace it with pure maple syrup.
See recipe card for exact quantities.
Read Also: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Job Application
What Liquids Go In Smoothies
If youre making smoothies, make sure youre not using ice cubes, plain water, or dairy milk. The other options you use can add surprising amounts of flavor and nutrition to your smoothie. Fruits and vegetables are the best liquids for smoothies to drink, along with fresh juices, plant-based milk, and fruit water.
How To Make Smoothies Even Bette
Adding juice to smoothies can enhance the taste as well as provide you with essential nutrients. Frozen fruit should be kept out of the blender in order to achieve the best results, and a Ziploc bag can be used to help thaw it quickly.
Ingredient Substitutions And Cooking Tips
You have a few options when it comes to a dairy-free milk. Soy milk boasts more protein and B vitamins. Almond milk, on the other hand, is higher in vitamin D and calcium.
Hemp milk is not traditionally a favorite however, many vegetarians are familiar with this option. Hemp milk has a creamier texture, which often works well in a smoothie. Hemp milk may be rich in the omega-3 fatty acids, but it is important to use one that is fortified with calcium and vitamins to get the most nutritious kind.
You will notice that this recipe doesn’t include any icethat’s because the trick to a satisfying dairy-free smoothie is to ditch the ice and use frozen fruit instead. This delivers maximum flavor and helps keep the smoothie from becoming watery. A mix of fresh and frozen fruit works fine depending on what you have on hand. For best results, at least half of the fruit should be the frozen.
When you have bananas that are becoming overripe, simply peel them and put them in a zippered plastic bag in your freezer. They will be perfect to toss into your smoothie at a moment’s notice. Don’t worry if they turn somewhat browntheir flavor won’t be affected. The frozen banana will add a creamy texture to the smoothie.
If you like your smoothie on the sweeter side you can add ingredients like maple syrup, dates, agave, honey, or even non-calorie sweeteners if you want to keep the calories in check.
Also Check: Best Blender For Smoothies And Food Processing
A Few More Notes On This Recipe
- You could easily substitute another frozen fruit for the frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, or pineapple would all be delicious.
- If youre using only fresh fruit make sure to add a handful of ice to cool the smoothie down and thicken it up!
- If youre using only frozen fruit you may need to add a little extra liquid to make sure the smoothie will move freely through your blender blades.
- This smoothie could be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It wont be as thick if you drink it later but it will still be delicious!
- If you want to add some extra nutrients to this smoothie feel free to throw in some add ins! Chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, and collagen would all be good.
Frozen Berry Keto Smoothie Without Yogurt Or Milk
This Easy Frozen Berry Keto Smoothie is the perfect keto low carb smoothie recipe for a refreshing breakfast or quick snack.
Bonus, this healthy berry smoothie recipe is also dairy-free, paleo, and vegan, made without yogurt or milk.
There is no secret that I have a sweet tooth, particularly love for sweet drinks. Whats better than a creamy smoothie or milkshake to fix an urgent sweet craving?
I make my keto chocolate milkshake all the time. It has been one of your favorite low-carb drinks, by the way. However, my dual love for growing berries and smoothies brought a new smoothie to life, this frozen berry smoothie.
You will love this easy healthy smoothie as it is made without yogurt or milk. So keep reading to learn more about this dairy-free recipe!
Also Check: Protein Powder For Kids Smoothies
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- High-Powered Blender. If you like to make smoothies a lot, a high-powered blender is well worth the investment
- Stainless Steel Straws. Make everything you drink through them, from smoothies to iced coffee, taste extra cool and refreshing.
- Fun Glassware. Pouring a smoothie into a fun glass makes me feel like Im sipping away my worries on some far-off beachy vacation.
How To Make Strawberry Smoothies Without Yogurt
How to make strawberry smoothies without yogurt? What can you use instead of yogurt in making your smoothie? Why do you have to use yogurt in a strawberry smoothie recipe?
Have you ever tried to make a strawberry smoothie without yogurt? Here are some tips for making the best tasting strawberry smoothies without yogurt.
This simple healthy strawberry smoothie recipe is deliciously thick and quick to whip up at home.
Read Also: Spinach And Banana Smoothie To Lose Weight
Can You Make A Smoothie With Water Instead Of Milk
Sure you can! In fact, water may even give your smoothie a better texture.
You can use water instead of milk in any smoothie recipe just substitute an equal amount. Its likely that this substitution will improve the final result! Water gives a smoother texture than milk does because it contains no proteins or sugar.
This means youll probably notice less foam on top of your finished smoothie when you make it with water. Try out this simple substitution and see what you think!
Water also adds zero calories to your smoothie, compared to the 90-110 calories per cup of milk. Milk is also high in sugar and saturated fat . If youre looking for a healthier smoothie that still tastes great, then water is an excellent substitute!
Are Strawberry Banana Smoothies Healthy
Many will argue that fruit-only smoothies are not the healthiest. Here is the thing. Adding vegetables to your smoothies is super smart and healthy. Keeping the sugar content down is smart and healthy.IF you dont already eat a ton of vegetables.
I eat vegetables like a machine. Fruits, not so much. I struggle to eat enough fruit. It basically the only food group I struggle with. Vegetables no problem. Protein no problem. Carbs no problem. Fruit.argh, I have to eat more than an apple slice a day??
This Strawberry Smoothie without yogurt and without milk sweetened with only banana has gotten me to get in so much more fruit in a day and I serve a tiny glass of it to my kids as dessert and they LOVE it. So I guess it depends on how you look at it.
If your diet is low on vegetables and high on sugar , no, a Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt will probably not be the healthiest for you. If you drink it in order to get in your daily fruits and or a replacement for dessert, YES, it couldnt be any healthier
Read Also: Immune Boosting Smoothies For Colds
Should You Add Ice To Your Smoothie
Is it better to mix ice with water in a smoothie? If you want to add calcium to a flavorful health drink, you can also use milk and yogurt. Water and fruit juice work very well, but milk and yogurt work as well. You can experiment with tea or soy as long as you are free to do so. Ice is typically added to a smoothie, but if your fruit is already pre-frozen, it is not necessary to add ice to it. Do you mix ice into a smoothie? If so, how often do you do it? Why is ice usually necessary to warm the body? Make your own smoothie without ice cubes, and frozen fruit is the best source of nutrition. Make sure to replace one ice cube with one frozen fruit. If only a small amount of ice is used, the ice will have a smooth, thick, chilly texture or frothy consistency. Why should you not add ice to a smoothie? Too much ice cubes make it difficult to incorporate the good fats found in coconut oil, flax oil, seeds, or nuts into the drink. As a result, when preparing the drinks, the last thing you want to do is add ice, and you should also have more control over the number of cubes to beverages.
Dairy Free Strawberry Smoothie
This dairy free strawberry smoothie is made without milk and without yogurt. Instead it uses dairy free milk and dairy free yogurt.
This smoothie has strawberries but also melons to give it an incredibly fresh strawberry flavor which is perfect for hot summer days!
This dairy free strawberry smoothie is without a doubt one of my favorite smoothies!
The secrete to what makes it so good is the melon in this recipe!
The melon adds a freshness to the smoothie that you simply cant get without it.
The combination of melon and strawberry makes this smoothie taste like incredibly fresh strawberries.
I also add some banana for some natural sweetness but there isnt enough to taste it.
If you want a strawberry banana smoothie though, you should take a look at my dairy free strawberry banana smoothie.
You may also like my dairy free banana smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Can You Meal Prep Smoothies
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share Simple Strawberry Smoothie Instructions that have nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
- Frozen strawberries
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away! Blend to Perfection.
Are Smoothies Good For You
- The short answer is a resounding Yes! Here are some hints to keep them that way.
- Smoothies without milk are the only ay to go.
- Make the smoothies yourself to be sure what is inside.
- Use fruit for taste and fiber. They can be frozen or fresh. A good hint is to freeze sliced bananas to add to smoothies.
- A tablespoon of your favorite nut butter adds protein and healthy fats.
- They are so quick to make that you can whip up a fresh fruit smoothie in mere minutes and drink it right then.
- The majority of the time a sweetener such as a tablespoon of maple syrup isn’t necessary. Sometimes you’ll want it but if the fruit is sweet – skip it.
- Always use dairy-free milk or water, not fruit juices.
- You’ll never know by the taste if you add a few greens to your dairy-free smoothies. A little spinach adds nutrients and vitamins.
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseed meal or raw hemp seed. Both add fiber and help reduce inflammation.
- Add ice for a thicker frosty like smoothie. You’ll actually feel fuller.
You ask if smoothies are healthy? This spinach smoothie couldn’t be any healthier and it also has chocolate.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Fruit And Veggie Smoothies
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Add
If you want to mix this strawberry pineapple smoothie recipe up a bit you can add one ore more of the following smoothie add-ins.
-Vanilla protien powder
-Add banana to make this a strawberry pineapple banana smoothie
-Add other berries
– If you don’t need a smoothie without yogurt, you can also add plain or vanilla yogurt
You can also add collagen if you like to take collagen. Use a flavorless brand to keep this strawberry pineapple smoothie recipe tasting fresh.
Making Apple Smoothies Without Yogurt Or Milk
As you can see from these recipes, its easy to make delicious apple smoothies without yogurt or milk. You dont need dairy to create a tasty smoothie.
If you crave a creamier smoothie, then here are some other tips to make dairy-free apple smoothies
- Add a frozen banana its like adding a scoop of ice-cream without the dairy!
- Use plant-based milk almond milk is our go-to alternative but you can play around with hazelnut, coconut, or oat milk too.
- Try dairy-free yogurt there are lots of coconut and soy-based alternatives to dairy yogurt which taste amazing.
To learn about these tips in more detail, read our guide to making delicious dairy-free smoothies.
You May Like: Angel Food Slim Smoothie King Nutrition
They Can Boost Your Immunity
When you think of foods high in vitamin C, oranges probably come to mindbut strawberries are also a great source of this antioxidant, with 100 percent of your daily requirement in just one cup of sliced berries. Foods rich in vitamin C can help boost your immunity, especially during cold and flu season, says Sheth. However, keep in mind that research suggests that vitamin C cant prevent the common cold, but it may reduce its severity and duration.
Fruit To Add To A Strawberry Smoothie
If you dont like bananas and would like to make a strawberry smoothie without banana, these fruits also would go well with strawberries:
You can use them fresh or frozen. Theyre pretty sweet, so I always like to add a little bit of yogurt or coconut cream to balance it out.
Now, lets get to the recipe.
You May Like: Smoothies That Make You Feel Full
Why You Should Use Frozen Strawberries
How do you make your smoothies thicker? By using frozen fruits. It makes them thick and frosty and more flavorful. I find when I use ice it can water them down and take some of the flavors away. Sometimes I will freeze my fresh strawberries if that is what I have on hand. But this recipe will work with ice if that is the way you want to make it.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Okay so besides the fact that this smoothie is soooo delicious, its also pretty amazing because its made with just THREE ingredients! I dont think it gets much easier than that.
And believe it or not these healthy smoothies are made without yogurt, without dairy, and without juice. WOO!
So what do you need to make a strawberry banana smoothie?
- A large banana I typically use a fresh banana, but if you want an even thicker smoothie, or if its all you have on hand you can absolutely use a frozen banana. I like my strawberry banana smoothie to be a bit more strawberry forward in flavor so this recipe only calls for 1 banana to make 2 smoothies. If you want more banana flavor you can add a second banana!
- Frozen strawberries Frozen strawberries are what make this smoothie THICK. If you dont have any frozen strawberries you can substitute fresh in a pinch but youll want to add a handful of ice to your smoothie to cool it down and thicken it up.
- Non dairy milk of choice Almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, and hemp milk are all fantastic options. Remember the creamier the plant based milk the creamier your smoothie will be!
And of course a blender! My Vitamix is my best friend in the kitchen but any powerful blender will work.
Because this smoothie recipe is made with just 1 banana for two smoothies its not super duper sweet. If you prefer your smoothie sweeter you can either add a second banana or a bit of honey / maple syrup to sweeten it to taste!
Don’t Miss: Sea Moss Smoothie For Weight Loss