Cold Brew Chai Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
· 1 Blendtopia Keto Chocolate Chai Smoothie Kit
· 6 oz Cold Brew/Chilled Coffee
· 4 oz Plant-Based Milk
· 2 oz Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
· ½ cup Ice
· Toppings of choice
Blend together, pour into bowl, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enjoy!
· 1/2 cup frozen orange sections
· 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
· 2 small sections of lemon
· 1 pinch cayenne
· 1 tsp goji berry powder
· 2 tbsp hemp seeds or favorite protein powder
· 10-12 oz of blending liquid
· Toppings of choice
1. Add all ingredients except the blending liquid to your blender.
2. Begin with 10 oz of blending liquid and continue to add until you reach your desired consistency. Using almond milk as your base will yield a rich, creamy texture. Coconut water will bring out the citrus flavors and create a more refreshing & hydrating smoothie. Its all in what youre looking for in your morning smoothie bowl!
3. Pour into a bowl and add your toppings. Coconut flakes and/or fresh strawberries are some favorite toppings with this smoothie bowl recipe.
Tropical Mango And Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
Blend the frozen mango, pineapple, banana, and coconut water until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with the fresh mango, kiwi, dates, and coconut.
4 medjool dates, pitted and torn
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus additional for dusting
¼ cup walnuts
2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
Blend the banana, carrot juice, ice, 2 of the dates, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with the walnuts, coconut, remaining 2 dates, and a dusting of cinnamon.
Best Tips For Success
- This is intentionally thick so its easy to eat with a spoon. )If its too thick for your blender, add a little extra milk.)
- Use dairy or nondairy milk.
- Banana-free: Trade in diced mango or yogurt.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
- Try letting the kids add their own toppings for a fun food activity.
Read Also: Breville Vegetable Juicer
Are Smoothie Bowls Healthy
While having a smoothie is a simple snacking way to add more veggies and fruits to your diet, you can actually turn your smoothie bowl into a nourishing meal on its own. The trick is to create a combo that fuels your cells with all the nutrients they need to keep you going and satiated until the next meal.
As long as you go for whole ingredients and fresh fruits and veggies, staying away from refined sugar and saturated fats, your smoothie bowl is definitely a healthy meal.
Add A Scoop Of Raw Oats Or Chia Seeds
A handful of oats can add thickness to your smoothie while also adding in some extra protein and fiber! I love tossing in some oats in this peach cobbler smoothie. You dont need to cook them, just add them in raw! Adding in a tablespoon of chia seeds will add healthy fats that also make your smoothie thicker! Theyre a natural thickener. This can be especially helpful if youre not eating your smoothie right away. After just a few minutes, the chia will start to absorb liquid from the smoothie, and the seeds will expand, creating a thicker texture.
You May Like: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
Are Acai Bowls Healthy
We know that acai is good for you, but what about acai bowls?
This depends on a number of factors with the three most important being: topping choices, topping amounts, and overall serving size.
With no toppings, one serving will contain approximately 250 calories, 10 grams of fat, 30 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar, and 7 grams protein. Normally I would question anything with that much sugar, but knowing that it either comes from fruit or milk, Im ok . Calories aside, the vitamins and minerals in this single bowl pack a huge punch.
But the toppingswhat about those toppings?
- If you plan to add granola, check the nutrition label. What you find may surprise you. Or, make your own homemade granola!
- Add less stuff when comparing your acai bowl against us food bloggers and Instagrammers. I cant speak for all of us, but some of our bowls that claim to be healthy most definitely are not.
- Start with a smaller bowl to reduce the serving size.
What Fruit To Add
There are so many options here when it comes to what fruit to use. We went for a berry mix and banana. Use a frozen banana if you want a super cold smoothie, or you could just add some ice cubes if your banana isn’t frozen. A frozen banana will help to thicken it too.
Any kind of berries work in this, and we also like to add cherries and blackberries. Bear in mind that the fruit you use can effect the colour of the smoothie. Berries will make it a bright pink/purple colour.
If you want more of a tropical flavour to this smoothie, then use pineapple and mango. Try to make sure these are frozen too, and you will have yourself a super refreshing smoothie. Using these fruits will make it a nice vibrant yellow colour.
Using frozen fruit means that you can make this smoothie bowl all year round and use fruits that might not be in season.
Read Also: Detox Organics Recipes
Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Smoothie Bowl
To make the smoothie, blend strawberries, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. The toppings are cornflakes, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and a drizzle of yogurt. Scale the toppings up or down on this one depending on what you have on hand. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Banana Berry Smoothie Bowls
Berries are a great addition to smoothies! The bananas provide a super creamy base, and you can customize this with whatever frozen berries you have on hand or love the most.
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen berries
- Coconut Milk
Make this a strawberry banana smoothie bowl by using all frozen strawberries instead of a mix of berries.
Step 1: Add the frozen fruit and coconut milk into a food processor bowl. This can also be done in a high speed blender with a tamper stick, but I find it quicker in a food processor.
Step 2: Process until all the fruit is broken down into a soft serve ice cream consistency.
Step 3: Top with your favorite smoothie bowl toppings.
Read Also: King Center Box Office Hours
How To Make Smoothie Bowls At Home
Makes two servings.
- 2 large frozen peeled bananas, broken or cut into 1 pieces
- 1/8 cup of liquid*
- toppings or fresh fruit, nuts, bee pollen, etc
Youll also need a food processor .
*You can use a variety of liquids for smoothie recipes, like milk, milk alternatives, fruit juice, etc. Ill share some more ideas for smoothie liquids below.
Smoothie Bowl Mango Faq
What Fruit Goes Well with Mango
Mango is truly a team player and pairs well with almost every fruit! Some of my favorites are coconut, papaya, berries , and peaches.
Are smoothie bowls actually healthy?
Yes, I think so! Mangoes are a great source of potassium and magnesium, both of which support digestion and provide key electrolytes for your body. Greek yogurt is protein-rich, high in calcium, and contains probiotics to support gut health.
How do you thicken a smoothie bowl?
The key to a thick smoothie bowl is to use as many frozen ingredients and as little liquid as possible. Using frozen mango chunks and yogurt cubes will give you the thickest mango smoothie bowl. A high quality blender also has a big impact on achieving the thickest, smoothest purees.
Does ice make a smoothie bowl thicker?
Ice can also thicken your smoothie bowl if you still want a thicker consistency after using frozen fruit and yogurt.
What can I use in a smoothie bowl instead of banana?
Although they are a very popular add to smoothie bowl recipes , this recipe actually doesnt call for bananas.
What makes a smoothie bowl creamy?
Frozen fruit is the vital ingredient for a creamy smoothie bowl.
What does a smoothie bowl contain?
You May Like: What Kind Of Protein Does Smoothie King Use
Almond Butter And Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Dessert-for-breakfast types, this one’s for you. To make the smoothie, blend banana, raspberries, soy milk, ice, almond butter, and honey. The toppings are strawberries, raspberries, granola, coconut, and a drizzle of honey.
Once you’ve tried it, swap peanut butter and strawberries in for a change of pace. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Carrot Cake Protein Bowl
Serves: 1Nutrition: 407 calories, 11.3 g fat, 2.3 g sat fat, 46 g carbs, 7.7 g fiber, 35 g sugar, 34.4. g protein
Start your day with cakeminus the refined flour, processed sugar and almost immediate energy crash. This bowl will feed your sweet tooth and your body. Better yet, a scoop of protein powder means you’ll stay full and focused until lunchtime rolls around without any mid-morning munching. Don’t be shy about adding more cinnamon if you’re a fan of the sweet spice. Studies have shown the spice may improve cholesterol, prevent against food-borne illness, ward off the effects of Alzheimer’s and balance blood sugar levels.
Get the recipe from Nutritionist in the Kitch.
Also Check: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
More Smoothies To Try
The fun part about smoothie bowls is how customizable they can be. Make them simple or complex in their flavors and toppings. Your imagination is your limit when it comes to these smoothies. Add in your perfect toppings and extras to fit your healthy needs. Here are some favorite tried and true.
How To Make Thick Smoothie Bowls
Try these easy recipes for thick smoothie bowls. If you get as annoyed as I do when served a runny smoothie bowl at a restaurant, youll choose to make your own at home. Learn how to make 3 delicious smoothie bowl recipes with your favorite fruit and toppings!
*This post is sponsored by SunButter, a sunflower seed spread perfect for allergy-safe baking and cooking! Thanks for supporting the brands that keep Sunkissed Kitchen running.
You May Like: Smoothie King Light And Fluffy Recipe
How To Begin Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls can melt quickly, despite the fact that theyre much thicker than your average smoothie. If you want to keep the frosty texture for longer, then use a chilled bowl. To do, place a bowl in the freezer for an hour or two and bring it out only when youre ready to pour. You can do the same thing for a regular smoothie if you want to make a smaller frozen smoothie for the kids.
Use Frozen Fruit Or Freeze Fruit Overnight
I always have a stash of bananas in the freezer because theyre perfect in smoothies! Mango, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries are also great in the freezer. Plus, frozen fruit tends to be cheaper, and you can find fruit that might not be in season! Budget-friendly and delicious? Thats a win-win.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Box Office
Berry Beet And Acai Bowl
Serves: 1Nutrition: 288 calories, 15.6 g fat, 3.1 g sat fat, 36.5 g carbs, 14 g fiber, 17.5 g sugar, 6.7 g protein
It’s well worth the trip to the store to make sure your homemade version of this recipe has the Brazil nut added. It’s the richest food source of selenium out there, a nutrient that plays a vital role in metabolism, with two of the nuts providing more than a day’s worth. Brazil nuts are also packed with an alphabet of health-boosters like potassium, copper, zinc, riboflavin, and magnesium, a mineral many women don’t get enough of. Even with its laundry list of nutrients, the best part of this bowl is simply the amazing taste. You’ll want to lick the bowl clean.6254a4d1642c605c54bf1cab17d50f1e
Get the recipe from Gourmande in the Kitchen.
What Thickens A Smoothie Bowl
Here Some tips to make your smooothie bowl thicker :
- Start with frozen fruit .
- Freeze some of the liquid or use ice cubes .
- Use the smallest quantity of liquid possible.
- Blend protein powder or greens first
- Add oats, nuts, or chia seeds
Does yogurt make smoothies thicker ?
Using Greek yogurt instead of a liquid component like milk or coconut milk gives a smoothie more texture and thickness.Greek yogurt is delicious when paired with berries and bananas.If you like, normal yogurt can be substituted for Greek yogurt.
Do bananas make smoothies thicker?
You may thicken your smoothie by just adding a banana, but you can also use frozen bananas to make it even more ice cream-like and frostier.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Parking
Plant Based Green Smoothie Bowls
I advise using only plant-based ingredients to get the best results, because plants give you more energy, less bloating, glowing skin and more. By swapping milk or yogurt for almond milk or other plant milk in recipes like this thick smoothie bowl, you can make a huge improvement in your overall health. Using whole food ingredients for the toppings as well, keeps this bowl clean + healthy, and yet still super delicious!
This incredible green smoothie bowl actually has cauliflower as one of the ingredients, yet I dare you to notice that itâs there! Cauliflower brings in fiber, folate, and vitamin C, adding to the host of healthy benefits in this snack.
You May Like: Smoothie King Slogan
How Do You Thicken A Smoothie Bowl
The token characteristic of a great smoothie bowl is a thick, scoop able consistency. In order to create this thick consistency you can do the following:
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Interactive Seating Chart
Reasons To Have A This Bowl For Breakfast
- Easy adjustable with pantry staples.
- It is a filling, fiber-rich way to start your day.
- Kids friendly.
- It is an effortless way to pack whole foods with plant-based clean nutrients.
- No need for fancy tools.
In addition to the fantastic amount of Omega-3s in your seeds and walnuts, you have all the benefits that berries offer, including fiber, lots of antioxidants, and anthocyanins .
Ingredient Notes And Substitutions
This smoothie bowl is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Frozen banana. Make sure the banana is sliced and frozen. If you use a fresh banana the smoothie bowl will not have the thick, creamy consistency.
- Milk of your choice. I used unsweetened almond milk. You could also use unsweetened coconut milk, oat milk, or dairy milk.
- Frozen berries. I used frozen raspberries. You can use any type of frozen berry that you have, such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or haskap berries.
- Your choice of toppings. I topped this pink smoothie bowl with shredded coconut, frozen raspberries, sliced banana, and chia seeds.
As I mentioned earlier, this banana smoothie bowl is incredibly thick, easy to make, super nutritious, and made with healthy ingredients. Use ingredients you already have on hand and donât be afraid to experiment.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Slogan
Summer Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Serves: 2Nutrition: 285 calories, 1.9 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 50.7 g carbs, 9.1 g fiber, 32.7 g sugar, 21.5 g protein
Yogurt boosts the creaminess of this morning meal, and gives it an energizing punch of protein, too. Sweetened entirely by berries and bananas, you can feel confident knowing this smoothie bowl won’t lead to a mid-morning energy crash. Plus, you’ll love the combination of tart blackberries and ripe peaches.
Get the recipe from Real Food by Dad.
Helpful Tips And Tricks
- While I have not tried every blender out there, it is incredibly difficult to get a super thick smoothie bowl unless you have a blender that comes with a tamper . This is the blender that I own. It has lasted years of daily use but isnt cheap. Here is a well-reviewed much more affordable option. If you dont care about thickness, then the type of blender wont matter as much- youll just need to adjust the amount of liquid.
- Dont rush it. In other words, dont try to rush your blender from 0 to 60 without giving it the proper time to get there .
- These are the acai packets I use. Be sure to look for the unsweetened version.
- I do not recommend any kind of sweetened yogurt or added sweetener especially if you are adding banana. You will lose out on the fabulous acai taste and instantly make a healthy snack a dessert.
- Add some tropical flavor by blending with frozen mango or papaya.
How To Make A Perfect Smoothie Bowl
1. Follow the perfect smoothie formula:
- 1 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup greens
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
2. Blend the smoothie bowl.
Smaller blenders like the magic bullet are great, but I find they can be a little challenging if youre wanting to make a bigger smoothie bowl. Here are some great options for smoothie bowl blenders
- Vitamix blenders
3. Add Toppings! What are the best smoothie bowl toppings?
- Fresh berries
How do you make a smoothie bowl without a banana?
- 1 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup greens
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice or avocado
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
What yogurt should you use to make smoothie bowls?
Personally, I love to use coconut yogurt as a dairy-free option! Culina coconut yogurt is for sure the best option. Its thick, creamy, and has the best ingredients.
If you can tolerate dairy, Greek yogurt is another great option!
How can you add more nutrients to your smoothie bowls?
- Steamed and frozen cauliflower. This is a popular trick to add hidden veggies and make the consistency thicker.
- Hemp hearts, chia seeds, or flax seeds. Hemp hearts particularly are nutrient-dense and delicious!
- Flax oil. Just a small bit of flax oil adds lots of added nutrients to your smoothie bowl.
- Healthy fats. Like avocado, coconut butter, nut, or seed butter.
- Protein powder. Protein is essential for feeling satiated! This levels up your smoothie bowl to more of a nutritionally balanced meal.