Whey Protein Powder For The Dinner Smoothie For Recipe For The 17 Day Diet
The recipe calls for vanilla flavored whey protein.
Many flavored protein powders will contain either sugar, artificial sweetener, or a combination of the two.
I highly recommend using a non-flavored whey protein. I use Jarrows unflavored whey protein.
Jarrows also carries a grass fed whey protein for those who prefer an even cleaner source.
When youre using an unflavored powder, youre not only eating a cleaner processed food, but youre also able to control the flavor of your smoothie.
Fn031: Peanut: Butter: Choch: 01tif
Food Stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Amy Chin
24. Mint Cookies and Cream: Make Cookies and Cream Milkshakes , replacing the vanilla ice cream with mintchocolate chip ice cream. 25. Pumpkin Pie: Melt 1/2 stick salted butter and toss with 1 cup crumbled graham crackers in a baking dish bake at 350 degrees F, 8 minutes. Cool. Blend 1 pint pumpkin ice cream and 1/2 cup milk. Top with the graham cracker crumble. 26. Cannoli Blend: 2 cups ricotta, 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt, 1/4 cup each milk and confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons chopped candied orange peel and a dash of cinnamon. Top with chocolate chips.
27. ChocolatePeanut Butter: Blend 1 pint chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup each peanut butter and milk. Top with chopped honey-roasted peanuts.
Thick & Creamy Blender Milkshakes
Unless youre a milkshake fanatic, you probably dont have a classic milkshake or drink machine . These machines do an excellent job of gently churning ice cream and milk together without pulverizing any mix-ins like cookies or fruit, but not having one shouldnt stop you from making milkshakes. A regular blender can work just as well if you keep a few things in mind.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Interactive Seating Chart
Is Pineapple Milkshake Good For Health
Not really. It is a milkshake, that also happens to have fruit in it. But it still has a ton of ice cream in it too. While this my be a better alternative than other things, I would in no way categorize a milkshake as good for your health. If you are looking for a healthier alternative, check out my Pineapple Smoothie recipe HERE.
Top Tips For Making A Healthy Milkshake
Im sharing my healthy strawberry milkshake recipe, but I have a few tips for making healthy milkshakes at home.
- Frozen bananas are a great alternative to ice cream they add creaminess and sweetness
- Nuts adding a handful of nuts or a generous scoop of nut butter will add creaminess, healthy fats, and protein to your milkshake
- Skip the syrups: Use fresh, frozen, or canned fruits to flavour your milkshakes.
- Add sweeteners last: Often your milkshakes will be sweet enough without added sugars, so whizz everything up, give it a taste and just sweeten at the end if you need to with honey or maple syrup.
If you made my healthy milkshake or any other recipes on the blog please :
- leave me a below to let me know how you got on, I love hearing from you.
- FOLLOW ME on , , to see more kid-friendly food and what Im getting up to.
Also Check: Vegan Smoothie Smoothie King
Basic Milkshake Without Ice Cream
For the simplest no-ice-cream milkshake, simply blend ice cubes with milk, sugar, and a dash of vanilla extract. The more fat that’s in the milk, the creamier your milkshake will beif you want a super-creamy milkshake, use equal parts heavy cream and milk. If you’re using a thinner non-dairy milk, such as almond or oat milk, you may want to thicken your milkshake with frozen banana or mixed berriesyou’ll find more on these techniques below.
To make a basic milkshake without ice cream: Combine 2 handfuls of ice cubes , 2 cups of milk, 3/4 cup granulated sugar or 2 tablespoons honey, and a dash of vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Difference Of Protein Smoothie And Protein Shake
The difference between protein smoothie and protein shake is the fruit and vegetable ingredients. In a protein shake, you will use protein powder and milk as its base ingredients. For protein smoothie, fruits and vegetables will be our main ingredients , while the protein will be an added ingredient.
Personally I believe protein smoothie is the better of these two. The primary reason is the benefits of fruits and vegetables in regulating the blood sugar spike. Protein shake will have all those sugar from the milk which will cause huge spike in our blood sugar. With a smoothie, the fibers inside the fruits and vegetables will reduce the sugar absorption into our blood, thus reducing sugar spike. This in turn will reduce our insulin release and help to reduce diabetes risk. You will feel full more because of the fiber and will not experience any fluctuating energy level because of sugar spike.
For bodybuilders and sportsmen, the vitamins and nutrients in the fruits and vegetables are a bonus. Vitamin C is one of the best vitamins for them as it can aid in muscle recovery and growth. It can help collagen formation that is vital to keep our joints healthy even though in the face of repeated stress in the lifting room. Vitamin A is important for healthy vision and bone growth. It is also need for optimum cell reproduction and differentiation. The huge number of vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables will surely bring your post-workout protein drink to a new level.
You May Like: Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe
Are Thick Shakes Healthy
Thick shakes are not always healthy. Most thick shakes are made with dairy milk, dairy cream, or dairy ice cream which is harmful for the health and prevents you losing weight.
Worse still are the thick shakes that you make straight out of a packet. These contain a number of hamrful chemicals that wont do your health any good in the long term.
The only healthy thick shakes are those that you make at home which follow a plant based whole foods recipes. All of the recipes on my website fit into this category. consist
I suppose that you too live in a world full of stress and you are always in a hurry. This kind of lifestyle can seriously damage your health.
The fact that an alarm wakes you up every morning is stressful enough. Isnt it?
You can always find 2 minutes daily to do something good for yourself like make a homemade shake. Be consistent and results will come.
Ways To Make A Milkshake Without Ice Cream
There’s something magical about a summertime trip to the local ice cream shop. Whether you opt for a scoop of vanilla with rainbow sprinkles, a chocolate milkshake, or maybe even a root beer float, ice cream enjoyed under the Southern sun gives us instant flashbacks to the warm-weathered days of our childhoods. In fact, we’d argue that a milkshake is the ultimate summer treat.
You can make a milkshake out of pretty much any ice cream flavor and with any type of milk. While the prospect of making a parlor-worthy milkshake at home may seem intimidating, it’s shockingly simple to master. I should knowI work at an ice cream shop. I’ve spent the past year perfecting the art of ice cream, and I’m here to share all the secrets on how to replicate a creamery-style milkshake at home, minus one key ingredient: ice cream. That’s right, it is absolutely possible to whip up this cool frozen treat with no ice cream at all.
I’m sharing 6 simple techniques to make a milkshake without ice creamand you’ve probably already got most of these ingredients in your kitchen. What are you waiting for? It’s time for dessert.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating View
Should You Drink A Protein Shake Before Or After A Workout
Protein is necessary for muscle repair and growth. For this reason, many people consume protein shakes along with their workouts. However, the optimal time to have a protein shake is a widely debated topic. Some believe it is ideal to drink a protein shake before a workout, while others argue that after a workout is best.
Recent research suggests the amount of protein you consume per day is more important than when you consume it for gaining muscle mass . So as long as you consume protein around your workout, it doesnt matter if its before or after training. Therefore, you can choose which time you prefer or is most convenient for you. Personally, I always opt to have a protein shake after exercise, but thats just what works for me.
How Do You Make A Banana Milkshake Without Ice Cream
You guys. No. Just. No. I mean, yes, you can technically combine milk, sugar, and ice instead of ice cream, but the consistency will be different. And if you are really concerned about your ingredients, choose Breyer’s vanilla ice cream because that is made primarily of cream and sugar without added corn syrup and mystery ingredients. So you will basically get the same end ingredients, but a better taste and consistency.
Don’t Miss: Vanilla Protein Blend Smoothie King
Making Your Shake With A Blender
Also Check: How To Meal Prep Smoothies
Bonus Recipe: Sorbet Slushie
While we love a good milkshake, this dairy-free slushie is a supremely refreshing treat on a hot afternoon. Use any flavor of sorbet to make this easy slushie, which gains a slight fizz from the sparkling water.
To make a sorbet slushie: Combine two scoops of sorbet and 1/2 cup of seltzer or sparkling water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
Can You Drink Smoothies And Shakes Every Day
The same as anything else, smoothies and shakes should be taken in moderation. Theyre sugar and calorie-rich, so you may gain weight if you have too much.
If you make a shake or a smoothie yourself at home , then there are no preservatives or additives that will make your drink more sugary. However, adding fruit like bananas can increase the caloric content of your smoothie.
If you need to eat more veggies rather than stocking up on fruits to get rid of weight, using vegetables is an excellent way to do this because they are nutrient-packed but arent very sugary. Its also effortless to add vegetables, like spinach or kale, to your smoothie.
Some vegetables have high sugar content, so use these with care if youre on a diet.
The Coffee Smoothie Ingredients Youll Need
Lets discuss what ingredients youll need to make a coffee smoothie.
Heres what you need:
- Milk of choice in this coffee smoothie, I use unsweetened almond milk, but any unsweetened milk will work
- Banana half a banana will do the trick, the riper the better for sweetness, and keep it frozen for the best texture
- Nut Butter peanut butter, cashew butter or almond butter both work great
- Vanilla vanilla extract goes great with coffee and makes it taste sweeter, too
- Coffee! We use both fresh ground coffee AND brewed, chilled coffee in this recipe. Because: coffee!
- Ice Only needed if you dont use a frozen banana or you want it s little thicker
Then, once you have all the ingredients gathered, add them to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth. Thats it and your perfect morning coffee smoothie is ready to enjoy.
If the smoothie is too thick, you can add either more coffee or milk to loosen. If your smoothie is too thin, just add in a few ice cubes, and re-blend. Using a frozen banana wil help keep your smoothie creamy and thick, so its always good to have those ready to grab from the freezer.
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena New Orleans Louisiana
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating View
Greek Yogurt Milkshake Without Ice Cream
This Greek yogurt milkshakewhich is more tangy than sweetis the perfect treat for those who don’t like their desserts to be overly sweet. In this version of a milkshake, Greek yogurt lends the thickness that ice cream would usually bring to the party. We like to add a handful of chopped strawberries or 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the equation to make this milkshake extra flavorful.
To make a Greek yogurt milkshake: Combine 2 handfuls of ice cubes , 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Fn031: Capt: Crunch: 02tif
Food Stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Amy Chin
3. Smores: Broil 8 marshmallows on foil, turning, until browned. Blend 1 pint chocolate ice cream, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, a pinch of salt and 6 of the toasted marshmallows. Top with crushed graham crackers and the remaining toasted marshmallows. 4. Fig and Port: Simmer 1 cup port and 1/3 cup chopped dried figs until the liquid is reduced by half cool, then blend with 1 tablespoon port. Make Vanilla Milkshakes layer in glasses with the port mixture. 5. Strawberry: Blend 1 pint strawberry ice cream, 1 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup milk. 6. Mixed Berry: Make Strawberry Milkshakes , replacing the strawberries with 1/2 cup each raspberries and blueberries. 7. Strawberry-Rhubarb: Simmer 1 1/2 cups sliced rhubarb, 2 tablespoons each sugar and water, and 1/4 teaspoon orange zest until soft cool. Blend with 1/2 cup milk and 1 pint strawberry ice cream. 8. Chocolate Blend: 1 pint chocolate ice cream, 1/4 cup cream and 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup.
9. Corn Cereal: Steep 1 1/2 cups sweetened corn cereal in 1 1/2 cups hot milk, 30 minutes. Strain and freeze in an ice cube tray. Blend the frozen milk cubes with 1 pint vanilla ice cream and 1 cup cereal. Top with more cereal.
10. Chocolate-Banana: Blend 1 pint chocolate ice cream, 2 frozen bananas and 1/4 cup chocolate milk.
You May Like: Anxiety Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter And Banana Shake
Youd never guess that a cup of spinach is hiding in this delicious chocolate and peanut butter shake.BLEND THIS:12 oz water, milk, or yogurt2 scoops chocolate flavored protein powder1 banana2 tbsp of natural peanut butter1 tbsp cacao nibs or dark cocoa powder585 calories, 59 g protein, 22 g fat, 38 g carbs, 8 g fiber
Can You Mix Pineapple And Milk
Yes, you can. I think that pineapple and milk products work well in a smoothie or milkshake. If you want to create a dairy-free milkshake or smoothie, just sub out your milk-based products for a milk-alternative product and it will work well too!
Dairy-free ice cream is a thing, so feel free to grab that instead to make this yummy milkshake recipe dairy-free.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Sizes And Prices
How To Make Protein Shakes Taste Better
Ive found that adding some cinnamon helps to bring out the protein shakes subtle, but oh-so-tasty flavor.
Cinnamon, is there anything youre NOT fabulous on? You just win me over every time.
Additionally, the protein powder you choose really makes a difference. The more fake and chalky the protein powder, the more wait for it fake and chalky your protein shake will taste. Its science.
Recommended Reading: Soap And Glory Smoothie Star Body Buttercream
Why Youll Love This Strawberry Milkshake Smoothie:
- Its naturally sweetened with fruit, and has no added sugar.
- Flaxseed is very nutritious and contains fiber and omega-3 essential fatty acids. Flax may help protect against many diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes.
- It really does taste like a strawberry milkshake!
Still Thirsty? Try all the Best Smoothie Recipes.
You May Like: Keto Champ Coffee
What Do I Use To Make A Banana Shake
There are many blenders you can use for making smoothies and milkshakes, but I personally own the Vitamix 780 and think it is simply the best. I get smooth, consistent results every single time which is exactly what I want for all my smoothies! You can buy your own Vitamix 780 HERE.
Are you ready for the full recipe? Ok. Let’s go.
How To Make Smoothies Thicker And Creamier: 10 Tips
A creamy smoothie in the morning is what you want to crown your early breakfast. That is if youre tired of watery mixes. And to make this dream come true, you have to thicken a smoothie with whatever your ingredients are.
This makes everything delicious for a quick meal in the morning. There are many foods today that would finish a smoothie-making business and give you a healthy product.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Gladiator Chocolate Protein Powder