How To Make A Berry Smoothie Bowl
To make this simple and delicious smoothie bowl you only need to follow the simple steps below, or watch the recipe video!
Do you love smoothie bowls? Whats your favorite kind? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
Tips For The Best Smoothie Bowl
Keeping it real. Keep it simple. Keep it awesome!
- Healthy: To keep the smoothie healthy you want to avoid adding a lot of extra sugars, ice cream, or frozen yogurt. Keep to frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, and natural sweeteners.
- Make it Thick: Smoothie bowls should be thick and creamy. You should need a spoon to get it out of the blender. To get optimal thickness mix the berries first, just till they are small pebble-like pieces. Then add in your yogurt and honey and blend till just incorporated. Last pour in your liquid, but only half at a time. Blend and add milk till you reach the right consistency.
- Boost: Give your smoothie a nutritional boost by adding in protein powder, superfood powders, spinach, or nut butter.
How To Make The Best Smoothie Bowl
Start with your smoothie base. It can be whatever fruit combo you like or have on hand.
I used 1 ½ cups of a frozen berry blend and fresh bananas. I also added two tablespoons of peanut butter for added protein . You could also add a scoop of protein powder instead .
Toss it all in a blender cup with unsweetened non-dairy milk or water, and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into serving bowls and top with your favorite toppings .
You May Like: Smoothies For Kids To Make
My Updated Morning Smoothie Bowl
This recipe is great for a day that started in a rush, when you still dont want to miss breakfast. This pastel-colored morning smoothie bowl will send you off to work or school refreshed and full of energy! Its rich in fiber thanks to the spinach, filling thanks to the banana, and preserves the subtle matcha flavor. Absolutely delicious!
Peach Orange And Berry Smoothie Bowl
To make the smoothie, blend peaches, banana, and orange juice. The toppings are blackberries, blueberries, walnuts, hemp seeds, and a drizzle of honey.
Hemp seeds sound really weird, but they’re a great source of protein with a nutty flavor. Look for them near the sunflower seeds and almonds in your grocery store. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Also Check: How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
What Can I Top My Smoothie Bowl With
The topping options for this smoothie bowl recipe are seriously endless. Here are some of my suggestions!
- Granola. Make your own healthy homemade granola or peanut butter granola, or buy your favorite store-bought variety!
- Nut Butter. I love adding a swirl of nut butter on top for extra fat, protein and flavor! Make your own vanilla almond butter, honey peanut butter or use your favorite store-bought variety!
- Fresh fruit. Top your smoothie bowl with your favorite fresh fruit: berries, bananas, etc.
- Nuts. Add cashews, sliced almonds, or make some homemade cinnamon sugar pecans and sprinkle some on top!
- Seeds. Sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds , are all great additions to any smoothie bowl!
- Flaked coconut. Use an unsweetened variety!
Cherry Avocado Smoothie Bowl
This super creamy Cherry Avocado Smoothie Bowl is packed with healthy fats, vitamins, and antioxidants. Plus, its a vegan and gluten-free smoothie bowl recipe that can be enjoyed as a delicious breakfast or tasty snack.
This simple Cherry Avocado Smoothie Bowl brings together an amazing flavor combination. A perfectly ripe avocado and tart cherries is merged into a delicious smoothie bowl. Whats more, is that its an easy smoothie recipe that only requires 5 ingredients!
Recommended Reading: Healthy Protein Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Ingredients To Make Smoothie Bowls
I love smoothie bowls because they are so versatile and easy to adapt to your personal taste.The main components you need for a healthy bowl are:
- Frozen Fruit: Frozen fruit gives your bowls a nice thick and icy texture.It eliminates the need to add ice cubes to the blender which can dilute and make the fruit watery.
- Liquid: I like to use a non-dairy milk in smoothies. The flavor of coconut works really well but almond, oat or soy will all work too. Coconut water is also a great choice and you can use dairy milk if you prefer.
- Toppings: The toppings is where you can add a hit of protein. Chia seeds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes all work really well. Sliced fruit is also a great addition.
Making A Basic Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Don’t Miss: Best Fiber To Add To Smoothies
Chunky Monkey Smoothie Bowl
Banana and peanut butter are undeniably a great match so pairing them together for a smoothie bowl is a no-brainer! Toss in a few chocolate chips and you might forget how healthy this smoothie bowl truly is. Get the recipe here.
- Making smoothies for one? Try:10 Best Personal Blenders for Smoothies
Are Fruit Sugars Healthy
Yes! For those who avoid fruits because of sugars, Id like to remind you that although fruit does have sugar, natural sugar, they also contain vitamins, antioxidants, and trace elements the body needs, unlike refined sugar.
Fruit is natures candy and should be enjoyed without reservation unless advised otherwise by a medical professional.
The sugars you should be wary of are refined sugars in packaged goods, including packaged sugars.
Instead, give up the sugary packaged foods, grab some fresh and/or frozen fruit, add a few superfoods, whip up an enlightened smoothie bowl, and feel the difference!
Read Also: Greek Yogurt Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Avocado And Kale Smoothie Bowl
1 Tbsp. agave syrup, plus additional for serving
½ cup raspberries
1 tsp chia seeds
Blend the kale, almond milk, ½ of the banana, avocado, ice, and 1 tablespoon of the agave until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with the raspberries, kiwi, chia seeds, remaining ½ banana, and a drizzle of agave.
How Are Smoothie Bowls Different From Regular Smoothies
There are 2 main differences between smoothie bowls and regular smoothies:
Recommended Reading: Watermelon And Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
What Is The Difference Between A Smoothie And A Smoothie Bowl
Smoothies are drinks made in a blender, poured into a glass or cup and enjoyed by sipping or drinking with a straw. While they can vary in consistency from thinner to thicker, smoothies are always drinkable from a straw. Smoothie bowls on the other hand are meant to be enjoyed out of a bowl and eaten with a spoon!
The consistency of the smoothie portion of a smoothie bowl is usually much thicker than a traditional smoothie, and can range from a thick soup-like consistency to a scoop-able sorbet consistency. Smoothie bowls are also always topped with garnishes like fresh berries, sliced banana, nuts, seeds, granola, or other superfood toppings .
Chocolaty Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie Bowl
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
Blend the almond milk, ½ the banana, ice, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with the cocoa nibs, granola, chopped peanuts, and remaining ½ banana.
Also Check: What Do I Need To Make A Fruit Smoothie
Smoothie Bowl Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions
Let’s chat about the ingredients in this smoothie bowl recipe, and then we’ll talk more specifically about the fruit used to make each variety!
- Frozen Fruit. The most important thing to note about these smoothie bowl recipes is that you must use frozen fruit to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Banana. If you don’t prefer bananas, you could try substituting another starchy food like avocado for creaminess, but you will need to add more honey/maple syrup to get the proper sweetness.
- Almond milk. Any non-dairy milk works excellently in this recipe. I love using coconut milk for a tropical flavor. You can also use regular dairy milk!
- Vanilla extract. I think the vanilla extract takes these smoothie bowls from good to great. That little extra flavor is just perfect!
What To Put In Your Bowl
There are so many smoothie bowl ingredients and toppings to choose from, the combinations are endless!
Even though there are many ingredient options, I tend to make the same basic recipe shell which includes:
- dairy-free unsweetened milk, water, or coconut water
- frozen or fresh fruit
- a handful of fresh greens
- frozen zucchini or cauliflower
- sugar-free plant-based protein powder
- lots of fun toppings
My main fruits are berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Berries have many health benefits such as reducing inflammation, helping prevent cardiovacular disease and containing antioxidants like anthocyanins, which may protect your cells from free radical damage. Berries may improve blood sugar and insulin response when theyre included in smoothies, plus they are full of fiber and other nutrients.
In the warmer months, I do pineapple, kiwi, and mango. I like to switch things up from time to time with the fruit I choose.
I sometimes also add in some optional powders for a health boost such as:
- powdered greens
Recommended Reading: How To Make S Smoothie
Almond Butter And Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Dessert-for-breakfast types, this one’s for you. To make the smoothie, blend banana, raspberries, soy milk, ice, almond butter, and honey. The toppings are strawberries, raspberries, granola, coconut, and a drizzle of honey.
Once you’ve tried it, swap peanut butter and strawberries in for a change of pace. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Smoothie Bowls Are Growing As A Popular Breakfast Trend Heres How To Make A Good
With smoothie bowls being the new fitspo thing to try these days, it could be very easy to mistake a smoothie bowl as a low-calorie diet food.
And while they could be still be considered as clean or even organic, they could pack on the pounds if youre not careful with what youre adding to your bowl recipe.
Here are the only ingredients you need to make your next smoothie bowl not only delicious, but also waistline-friendly!
- Non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Protein powder and/or fruit
Read Also: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
How To Make Smoothie Bowls
Putting together a delicious smoothie bowl is as easy as ABC, and a great opportunity to get creative with your fruits and food!
The process is really simple: all you have to do is throw all your smoothie ingredients into your blender, mix everything until the perfect consistency is achieved, put your smoothie into a bowl and decorate everything with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, nuts, grains etc. If your mixture is too thick you can add some plant milk, juice or a little bit of water. If its too runny, just add more fruits or a couple of ice cubes in order to change its consistency!
As you might have already guessed, the possibilities are endless when creating smoothie bowls it only depends on your own preferences, on the ingredients you have and, of course, on your imagination! You can create green smoothie bowls, fruity ones, nutty ones, you can incorporate power powders such as spirulina or matcha or you can create a mix of all of these. Just play around with the ingredients and I am sure you will end up with the most delicious breakfast!
I guarantee that one bowl of smoothie will provide you with the much-needed energy that will help you start your day on the right foot! These sweet vegan breakfast bowls are nourishing and so fun to make! Plus, if youre also looking for smoothie recipes for kids, these recipes will make your children fall in love with fruits and superfoods!
Why Do People Eat Smoothie Bowls
The quickest answer is that theyre relatively healthy AND delicious. Smoothie bowls are somewhere between a smoothie and the creaminess of soft serve ice cream, but with only natural sugars and packed with fiber and potassium.
And you can additional toppings to your smoothie bowl when its done to really pack on the yum.
Don’t Miss: Diet Smoothies To Make At Home
Breakfast Smoothie Bowls That Will Make You Feel Amazing
More like groovy bowls, amirite?
Smoothie bowls are what they sound like, but they’re better. You can create pretty much any combo of flavors that you want and then top it with your favorite fruits and other crunchy things like cereal and nuts. This means it’s more satisfying than a regular smoothie because you can’t down it 10 seconds.
Smoothie bowls are a and are super trendy because they are so pretty. If you’ve gotten hooked on açai bowls at your local juice shop, these are basically the same thing. A smoothie bowl is just an açai bowl without the açai.
PRO TIP: If you want to make a pretty design, add the heaviest ingredients last.
Can You Freeze Them
I recommend that you enjoy these bowls as soon as youve made them, but you can prep ahead and freeze them once youve made them if you like. Make the smoothies and then freeze them in ziplock bags. Let the smoothies defrost in the fridge the night before and then add to your bowl with your favorite toppings.
You May Like: Best Water Bottle For Smoothies
How To Make A Smoothie Bowl Infographic Please Pin
< a href=https://paleoflourish.com/what-is-a-smoothie-bowl-how-to-make-a-smoothie-bowl> < img src=https://s3.amazonaws.com/ANC-Files/how+to+make+a+smoothie+bowl+infographic.jpg alt=how to make a smoothie bowl infographic #paleo #primal #smoothiebowl #recipe https://paleoflourish.com/what-is-a-smoothie-bowl-how-to-make-a-smoothie-bowl/> < /a> Visit Paleo Flourish Magazine to find more < a href=https://paleoflourish.com/paleo-recipes> paleo recipes< /a> .
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl
A creamy, dairy-free pumpkin smoothie topped with gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough bites, raw pumpkin seeds, pecans, chocolate covered chia seeds, coconut cream, and maple syrup for a naturally sweetened fall-inspired breakfast that tastes just like pumpkin pie!
Recipe by:Healthy Little Vittles
Read Also: Best Superfood Smoothie For Weight Loss
Why Youll Love This Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- It only takes 5 minutes to make this smoothie bowl.
- Made with only 5 ingredients.
- Packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Perfect breakfast or snack that is sweet, energizing, and healthy.
- A vegan and gluten-free smoothie bowl recipe.
- Plus, you can customize this smoothie bowl recipe, by adding your favorite toppings.
The Best Thick Vegan Smoothie Bowl
If you want to know how to make the best thick vegan smoothie bowl youve come to the right place. Youll be blown away by how easy it is!
This post was originally published on September 8, 2014.
Getting the perfect smoothie bowl texture is not easy! If its too thin, its like soup. If its too thick, its impossible to blend it smooth. But I have the secret!
Don’t Miss: Immune Boosting Smoothies For Cancer Patients
Acai Bowls Are The Best Smoothie Bowls Ready In Minutes
Acai bowls are the perfect healthier back-to-school or back-to-work, breakfast, lunch or snack to fuel your day! Acai bowls are made with superfruit acai berry puree, frozen bananas, blueberries and strawberries then topped with fresh fruit, granola, and seeds. Ive included 5 different acai bowl recipes and everything you need to know about homemade acai bowls including how to prep and how to make ahead. You and your family are going to LOVE these!!!