How Do You Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
I personally have a blender meant just for smoothies but its not necessary any blending machine will work. Toss your blend of frozen fruit, juice, and Greek yogurt into the blender and mix until smooth. I chose to use blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and mango for a tart, yet sweet, blend of fruits.
This recipe makes two servings but can easily be adjusted to make only one serving, or more servings, whatever you desire. Simply cut the recipe in half for one serving. If you double the amount of ingredients called for, remember that it will bump it to four servings since this is enough to make two servings. Each serving is around 16 ounces each.
There are a lot of great juices out there that would work well in your fruit smoothie. I typically use apple juice because its readily available and a neutral flavor base, but other great options are
- White grape juice
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
You can even use milk, almond milk or coconut milk instead of juice for your smoothie.
I typically use whatever odds and ends of fruit I happen to have in my freezer. You can really mix and match however you like here, just use the same quantity of the fruits listed in the recipe. Some other great fruit options to use are
Micronutrient Sources: Keeping Yourself Healthy And Fueling The Body
Speaking of kale and spirulina, you should try and get a specific nutrient-dense vegetable or other source into your smoothies to gain weight fast.
These kinds of deep greens and other plant foods are a great choice to sneak some nutrients into your smoothie. These are an important part of any diet and when youre gaining weight its important to pair them with your calorie intake wherever possible.
The last thing you want is empty calories that dont come with nutrients. Thats a rapid route to overlooking the important health functions of your diet healthy weight gain is based on these weight gain foods.
Kale, spinach, and spirulina are three of the easiest choices and should be on-hand if youre thinking of picking up a weight gain smoothie habit but youre free to experiment!
Whats The Best Liquid For Making Smoothies
We like to use milk of choice. If youre a fan of coconut milk, use it. Like cows milk? Go for it. A fan of almond milk? Cool. Use whatever milk you like in your smoothiesyou cant go wrong. I just recommend you stick to unsweetened and unflavored versions. That gives you the most control over the smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Best Smoothies To Make With Chocolate Protein Powder
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
· More fruit smoothies to try: Delicious watermelon smoothie recipes Strawberry Watermelon smoothie Basic fruit smoothie recipe Spinach Pineapple Smoothie Healthy Oat Smoothies
Basic Fruit Smoothie Recipe
· In a blender, you can make your smoothie come out to the consistency you prefer, Sunshine smoothie, and pumpkin pie spice, mango, Flavorings,
Arvioitu lukuaika: 3 min, pineapple chunks,
Easy 2-Minute 2-Ingredient Frozen Fruit Smoothie
· For this particular smoothie, 4, and with a few tweaks, cinnamon, Other extras to suit your tastes,8/5
5 x Easy Smoothie Recipes For Beginners!
· 1, Heres some great ideas in 10 easy healthy green smoothie recipes: 1, and honey are all you need for this easy smoothie, 1, flax, mango and banana if you like it sweet and want to taste the tropics, Ban-Orange Green Powerhouse
What Do I Use To Sweeten A Smoothie
All of these smoothies here use frozen fruit as a base, which adds a nice baseline of sweetness that you can build on if your tastebuds would like. My recommendation is to blend up your smoothie without any added sweetener, then taste. Add in honey or maple syrup to taste. Many times, I dont need to add anything! Another great natural option for sweetening: pitted Medjool dates. Throw in one or two of those bad boys and let the blender do its thing. Youd be amazed at how sweet your smoothie will be!
Read Also: Smoothie Vending Machine For Sale
Protein Fruit Smoothie Recipe
As you may know, Im a big fan of breakfast! I just love breakfast and I think its the most important meal of the day, I cannot skip breakfast or Ill feel blah throughout the whole day! Breakfast gives me energy and helps me go through the day so I rely on a good, filling, nutritious breakfast.
But sometimes Im in a hurry as mornings are a big chaos around here. Between getting Ellie ready for school, packing her stuff, preparing breakfast for her and my morning coffee I barely have time to make some nice breakfast for myself. I try my best to but sometimes is just easier not to which is a big No, No! in my book.
But I have a back up plan, a lovely, tasty, super quick and nutritious smoothie idea. This protein fruit smoothie recipe is healthy, packed with protein and some of my favorite fruit and it only takes minutes to make, in between all the craziness going on in my house every morning.
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Skip the bananas. An avocado can be substituted for a banana along with a tablespoon or two of sweetener.
- Go for the goat yogurt. If youre slightly lactose intolerant, goats milk yogurt is a wonderful alternative that tastes very similar to cows milk yogurt.
- Add and adjust. Start by adding a little bit of optional ingredients and then taste after each addition to make sure you still like the flavor!
- Sweeten it last. Youd be surprised how sweet fruit can be! Wait until the end to stir in any additional sweeteners.
- Pay attention to the blade. You want to add your softer ingredients closer to the blade and the harder ingredients further away from the blade for easier blending.
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
This is another quick and easy to make breakfast. Just pop all the ingredients in your blender to make the ultimate smoothie. Kickstart your day with an energy boost from the oatmeal and banana. The magic ingredient is the antioxidant blueberries which takes this smoothie up a notch or two.
Get the recipe at aromafoods-simplerecipes
You May Like: Blood Type O Breakfast Smoothie
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes All Busy Moms Need To Give Their Families A Healthy Start
If you have picky eaters, these fresh fruit smoothie recipes are a winner. Loaded with fruit with immune boosting properties, your kids will absolutely love them. The best part is that they can be served as afternoon snacks and are so rich and creamy, you can easily use them as desserts.
Heres the perfect morning solution for all busy families. So easy your kids can make them.
But, you may be wondering why theres so much hype about smoothies. Here are a few reasons for their increasing popularity:
- Easy to make
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Youre probably aware that eating a diet rich in fruits and veggies is good for you. Smoothies are an easy way to incorporate more of the good stuff into your diet.
I love using frozen fruits in my smoothies. It saves me a lot of time and makes smoothies even more refreshing and delicious!
A little down below youll find my favorite frozen fruit smoothie recipes. But before well get to the recipes, here are a few tips on why and how to make frozen fruit smoothies
You May Like: Simple Fruit Smoothie With Almond Milk
How To Make A Smoothie Step
Buy It:NutriBullet Blender Combo
Just remember this simple formula: Fruit + Juice + Dairy/Dairy Substitute + Ice = Easy Smoothie Recipe Win.
Follow our Test Kitchen pro tips below to design your own smoothie recipe, then learn how to transform it into a smoothie bowl and how to give it an über-rich and creamy consistency. Sweet!
How To Make Weight Gain Smoothies
A great weight gain smoothie uses the right base liquid, a protein source, and a variety of fruits and veg that help both your calorie count and your nutrient intake.
The best weight gain smoothies also strike the right balance for consistency without too much dry ingredient. Its all about fitting the right amounts and finding flavors that complement each other .
Make sure to strain the bits, too, if youre really looking for the best experience. Some texture is good but bits in homemade smoothies tend not to be great.
Also Check: Smoothie King Menu Peanut Butter
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day! Its perfect if youre limited on counter space.
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter-level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Health Experts Name The One Smoothie They Can’t Live Withoutyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
If you could only drink just one smoothie, what would be in it? That’s the question we recently posed to several notable individuals in the world of healthy eating. Or, more specifically, we asked, “If you’re stuck on a desert island with a NutriBullet and a single recipe,
InsideHook on MSN.com
Also Check: Proti Vlc Smoothie Base Mix
What Are The Health Benefits Of A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Although smoothies are sweet, making it seem like theyre a treat more than a health benefit, they actually full of nutrients. A fruit smoothie contains large amounts of folate. vitamin C, and potassium. Most fruits are a great source for these nutrients and one fruit smoothie can contain up to 2-3 servings of fruit. The Greek yogurt also adds a good dose of protein, which help keep you full for longer.
How To Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Making frozen fruit smoothies isnt rocket science. A little down below, youll find my favorite frozen fruit smoothie recipes.
If you want to create your own smoothie recipes, heres how you can do it.
If you want to avoid the five major mistakes people make when making smoothies, check out this article: How Long Do Smoothies Last?
1. Start with a Liquid Base
When were making frozen fruit smoothies, we want to start with a base. Its best to always have some liquid in our smoothies. One serving usually needs about ½ 1 cup of liquid. Good options are:
- filtered water
- nut milk
- soy milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, rice milk, etc.
- dairy milk
- fruit juice
The lowest calorie version is obviously plain water. Unsweetened nut milk or coconut water can also be a healthy, low-fat, and low-calorie choice.
Adding too much fruit juice may spike your blood sugar levels, so its best not to overdo it.
Also, be careful with coconut milk , as its high in fat and calories.
2. Add Some Frozen Fruits
After youve chosen your liquid base, its time to add some fruits to your smoothie. Id recommend using both frozen fruits and fresh fruits in smoothies.
If youre using too many frozen ingredients, it can make your smoothie too slushy.
If you dont use any ice or frozen fruits, your smoothie wont taste as good as it could.
Every smoothie I make will have some frozen ingredients in it.
You can completely skip the ice, and add some frozen fruits or veggies instead.
Also Check: What To Add To Smoothies For Protein
Should You Rest Your Smoothies
Letting a smoothie sit tends to make it less frothy, but some smoothies willseparate quickly. For example, almost every green smoothie separates into a layer of green juice atop a chunky greenmixture after a few minutes.
Others fare better from resting. Anything with a lot of light or frothyingredients, or a lot of air whipped up into them, applies.
If you’re in a rush, prepare the ingredients beforehand by chopping andmeasuring them. Start only when you’re ready to eat! You can store ingredientsor even storesmoothies overnight in the fridge, if you’re preparing for an earlymorning!
A thick smoothie can last in the fridge up to 24 hours while retaining itsflavor and texture. Thinner smoothies may separate before then. We prefer todrink immediately, though grabbing a drink prepared the night before is almostas good. To store a smoothie in the fridge, pour it into a tightly sealedcontainer such as a Mason jar. Unless you have a tight, screw-on lid for yourblender bottle, don’t botheryou’ll get better flavor and have an easiertime cleaning up if you store it in something else.
In a pinch, you can put plastic wrap over the top of a glass.
Good Protein Source: Providing Essential Muscle Growth For Homemade Protein Smoothies
Theres no point focusing on a smoothie for weight gain if youre not considering a protein source in there. Its a ton of calories, carbs, and sugars that really need an active ingredient for better quality weight gain and muscle growth.
A simple protein powder plant or animal source is going to add some real benefits to a pre- or post-workout weight gain smoothie. We generally recommend neutral flavors like a mellow vanilla or something you know will work with your smoothie plans.
You can also use other liquid and semi-liquid sources like low-fat Greek yoghurt to boost the protein intake. This is a natural source of protein that blends pretty well, adds creaminess to your smoothie, and pairs well with all kinds of different fruits and other ingredients.
Keep it simple its just here to fluff the protein content and drive muscle protein synthesis.
You May Like: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
Choosing The Right Ingredients
Our standard fruit smoothie recipe starts with a banana or apple and yogurt,but anything you can imagine can work. We’ve made delicious treats with peanutbutter, pineapple, carrots, spinach and kale, and more. We’ve even added celeryto the spinach peargrape smoothie. If you’re going for complete nutrition, adding protein powder tosmoothies puts power in your day without changing the flavor.
You don’t have to break the bank by paying out the nose for little bags ofwashed, chopped, and frozen fruit at the store. Freezingyour own fresh fruit takes less time than you think, and you can make yourown mixture of ingredientsready to dump a little baggie in yourblender!
The amount of ice affects how smooth or chunky your smoothie is .The more ice, generally the chunkier the end result given the same amount ofblending time. Too much ice or too much frozen fruit and you’ll end up with asorbetdelicious, but harder to drink through a straw.
For a very healthy, low-calorie smoothie load up with flavorful fruits and cut down on high calorie ingredients. Punchup your drink with spices, herbs, and other low-calorie flavors. Remember thata smoothie packed full of leafy greens will keep you full too without blowingyour calorie budget.
Do Smoothies Make You Gain Weight
High protein smoothies can help with weight gain due to the calories they provide mostly from fruit sugars.
These are a short-term energy source and should be matched up with workouts and physical activity.
The best approach is to use them more often, rather than simply making bigger smoothies, and even pair them with other food to slow down the metabolism of sugars and provide more sustainable energy.
Don’t Miss: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Sunrise Sunset Smoothie