How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
Simple Strawberry Smoothie With Yogurt
This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt is thick and creamy and low in calories and fat. You wont believe how easy it is to make this copycat version of this Tropical Smoothie favorite.
Its safe to say Im smoothie-obsessed. Ive been experimenting with various berry combinations in this Simple Green Smoothie for Beginners.
Its a variation of this recipe and calls for blueberries AND spinach. But, I threw in a few strawberries too because strawberries make everything better!
In fact, this simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt is a bit of tribute to my very favorite berry and the smoothie that I just cant resist when Im at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
When the craving hits, I just gotta have one.
In any event, I just couldnt keep traipsing down the street to the closest smoothie joint. It was too expensive and sucked up valuable time.
This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt replicates, pretty closely if I do say so myself, the Strawberry Beach Smoothie I occasionally enjoy at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
I dont have their secret recipe. Through trial and error and with a lot of perseverance, heres what I learned about making this yummy treat at home:
Dont Miss: Mielle Organics Pomegranate And Honey Line
S To Make A Perfect Fruit Smoothie
No matter what kind of fruit smoothie recipe you are making, you can follow these steps.
Now that you have a great idea of making any fruit smoothie letâs look at how to make some of the most popular fruit smoothies.
Recommended Reading: Smoothing King Center Seating Chart
Simple Strawberry Smoothie With Mint
Apr 21, 2020 | Recipes |
This simple strawberry smoothie with mint has only 6 ingredients, is a high protein smoothie recipe, and will totally make you feel like you’re on vacation!
This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Prep Dish!
I can’t think of many more tempting flavor combinations than strawberry, mint, and lime. It is just such a fresh flavor profile, the perfect way to start the day in the spring time.
I like to call this my strawberry mojito smoothie because it totally makes me feel like I’m on vacation, without the sugar / alcohol hangover from a real mojito.
This healthy strawberry smoothie recipe is also packed with protein thanks to the almond butter, and it’s naturally sweetened with dates.
The kids will likely be stealing sips of this one so definitely make a big batch!
Making smoothies is also a great kitchen task that kids can help with since it’s not overly precise. Put them to work tearing the mint leaves and let them help dump everything in the blender. This just might buy you enough time to make your morning coffee
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
So, easy, the kids can do it, thats how! Easy fruit smoothie recipes start off with fresh or frozen strawberries and bananas. I prefer to use frozen fruit if I have it, this means I dont need to add any ice to make it cold or water it down. Lots of supermarkets sell frozen smoothie fruit medleys so its easier than ever! If your fruit is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Concerts 2021
You May Like: Smoothie King Protein Shakes
Delicious Smoothies For Strawberry Lovers
Strawberry smoothies make a healthy, delicious, and refreshing drink. Even better, theyre easy to make and ready in a snap when youre in need of a snack or quick breakfast. Strawberries are one of the healthiest fruits around. Theyre low in carbs and calories, but high in vitamin C, manganese, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. They work well with countless flavor combinations, making them a perfect addition to many smoothies.
Strawberry & Peach Smoothie
Since peach and strawberry season overlap, itd be rude not to combine the two into a summery glass of goodness. We prefer our smoothies without yogurt but you can add a little if you like. Our recipe includes a handful of leafy greens to instantly multiply its nutritional value.
- 1 peach
- 10 spinach leaves
Blend the leaves with peach until smooth, then add the strawberries. Since peaches are so juicy you shouldnt need any additional liquid, but judge it based on your own preferences and add a little water if you prefer.
You May Like: Fit Flavors Smoothie Bar
More About This Recipe
- With just three ingredients and a quick spin in the blender, you can have a fruit-packed smoothie in just 10 minutes. The thick texture and tang of Yoplait® Original yogurt is a perfect complement to the sweet, fruit, and making it at home gives you a jump start to a streamlined, better-for-you day. Now that youve mastered this easy strawberry smoothie recipe, you can make smoothies a regular part of your routine. Weve also got some handy tips for making smoothies even easier with make-ahead versions. For new ideas and inspiration, check out the rest of Bettys best smoothie recipes.
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES used under license.
What Milk To Use In Your Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Another question I have been asked is what type of milk I suggest.
Any milk you have will work.
You wont really notice a flavor difference, or much of one.
I used 2% milk as it is what I had on hand, but you can use whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, whatever basic milk you have on hand.
Dairy free or dairy it wont make much of a difference.
No need to run to the store, just use what you have!
I hope you love this recipe as much as our family did!
more smoothie recipes you will love
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Ingredients For A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberries: They are rich in antioxidants, thus preventing premature aging, the appearance of tumors and inflammation. Because it’s high in fibers it also helps the digestive system and bowel movements. Its properties also make it a good ally for heart and eye health.
Cauliflower: Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are essential for optimal health. Its high fiber content helps to prevent constipation and maintain a healthy digestive tract. It also has anti-inflammatory effects helping to support the cardiovascular system. Not to mention that it supports detox pathways in your liver.
Coconut milk: Contains lauric acid, lipids, capric acid and other components, which give to coconut milk antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It is an excellent ally for skin and hair health, and some studies indicate that it can even improve cholesterol levels.
Almond milk: A low calorie milk and considered low carb. As a source of calcium, vitamin E and vitamin B, it is a great contributor to bone, skin and even muscle health.
Greek yogurt: Is a rich source of probiotics, protein, calcium, vitamin B12 and potassium, which help to maintain a healthy digestive tract, bones, skin, hair and building muscles.
Honey: It is a great antioxidant, helping to prevent premature aging, Alzheimer’s and cardiovascular diseases. It also helps to relieve digestive problems and fight infections.
Ingredient Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Im going to admit, ever since spring started Ive been trying to lose a few pounds. One of my all time favorite fun and easy ways to shed a few pounds during the summer is to drink a glass of refreshing smoothie every day either for breakfast or dinner.
Smoothies fill you up for a long time and when made without sugars or added sweeteners can be a great way to get an intake of fruits and vegetables.
This strawberry banana smoothie is made with just 3 ingredients. Strawberries, bananas, and milk or water. You just toss all the ingredients in the blender for a few seconds until its nice and creamy and your done. It really doesnt get much easier than this!
You can also customize it by adding some berries or even some kale for an even healthier smoothie.
Don’t Miss: Healthiest Smoothie From Smoothie King
Why We Love This Recipe
This smoothie is also adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients. You can replace the strawberries with another frozen berry , throw in a handful of spinach, add a banana, or use orange juice instead of milk. The smoothie of possibilities!
You all know how I love smoothies. And Im usually throwing all sorts of weird things into smoothies in the name of health, like beets or spinach or cauliflower. But sometimes the simplest flavors are also great, so today were whipping up a simple Strawberry Smoothie recipe!
RELATED: you might also like this recipe Strawberry Shortcake
Tips For Making The Best Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
- This smoothie recipe can be served to babies and toddlers of all ages. Just omit the added sweetener if desired for your kiddo.
- Add a few raw cauliflower florets to add a veggie.
- Add 1 tablespoon hemp seeds for additional protein and healthy fats.
- Use nondairy yogurt as needed.
- Use regular yogurt or Greek-style, knowing that the Greek-style will be thicker.
- Use frozen strawberries if needed, knowing that the result will be thicker.
- Make this up to 24 hours ahead and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- You may also like my Strawberry Smoothie with Cauliflower, my Cherry Smoothie, and my Simple Green Smoothie.
Read Also: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
Ingredients For This Strawberry Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry smoothie! Alex and I were careful to choose healthy ingredients for this smoothie: no overly sugary juices or syrups. Heres what we selected:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie. If you want to use fresh berries, use a frozen banana.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we never keep them on hand! Usually we want a smoothie recipe now. So we customized this one to use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Ice: Heres the most important part ice is essential to a perfect strawberry smoothie! It makes just the right frothy texture. Weve tried it without and it really makes a difference. Do not omit it!
- Milk: You need just the right amount of liquid in a smoothie to get it to blend. Not enough and the blender gets stuck , and too much it tastes milky. You can also use non-dairy .
- Maple syrup: Adding a hint of maple brings out the sweetness in the berries. If you eat a low sugar diet you could omit, but it doesnt quite taste sweet enough with no sweetener.
Also Check: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
Additional Smoothie Making Tips
BEST SMOOTHIE BLENDER: I always get asked what blender I use to make my smoothies. My favorite blender to use is the Ninja Blender but its kinda pricey , so another favorite of mine thats less expensive is this blender.
USE FROZEN FRUIT:I like to use frozen strawberries instead of ice cubes in my smoothies. And to make it super easy, I just buy the chopped frozen strawberries in the frozen section of my grocery store, because Im all about making things quicker and easier!
FILL UP YOUR BLENDER:Whenputting the ingredients in your blender, layer the ingredients softest to hardest . So for this strawberry smoothie, first add the strawberry yogurt, vanilla almond milk, greens. Then add the frozen strawberries.
EXTRA SMOOTHIE LEFTOVER? If you have some leftover smoothie, you can put it in the fridge for later. Once youre ready to drink it, I like to add a little extra yogurt to the smoothie to thicken it up again.
Preparation Storage & Freezing Tips
These smoothies are perfect during peak strawberry season which is when they hit their ultimate sweetness levels which is key to their deliciousness. Strawberries can be a bit sharp if theyre out of season, but swapping the water for orange or apple juice can sweeten it up.
- Buying Choose strawberries that are bright red, small to medium size and have a sweet aroma. Unlike bananas, they wont ripen at home, so dont go for pale or green ones.
- Prep Wash well and remove the hull .
- Storage Strawberries are best consumed within 2 days, as studies have found their nutrient content starts to decrease after this time. They will last longer in the fridge though .
- Freezing You can freeze strawberries for up to six months.
So, there we have a few of our fav recipes that are cheap and easy to prepare! Now which ones take your fancy?
Also Check: Smoothie King Ingredients
What Are The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange.
Read more: how to make carrot juice taste better
Try to buy organic strawberries, if possible. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. I like to buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries for our smoothies.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body digests the sugar in a banana more slowly than refined sugars, so you get lasting energy, rather than a sugar rush and crash. Naturally-sweet bananas are a healthy way to satisfy your craving for sugar. When youre craving a sweet frozen treat, this strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious option!
Are you ready to make your best strawberry banana smoothie? Lets do it!
How To Make It
Unlike baking recipes, for instance, smoothie recipes do not have to use exact measurements. You can adjust according to taste. The only difference in choosing between fresh or frozen fruit is how thick you want it to be. Frozen will make for a more milkshake-thick smoothie, whereas fresh will get thickened up slightly by the ice, but have a more liquidy texture. Or you can combine frozen and fresh fruit.
You can use any kind of soft fruit you want, such as berries, bananas, peeled peaches or nectarines, melons, even grapes, and puree, and know you can always add a bit more fruit or ice to thicken it or a bit more milk to thin it out.
You May Like: Low Carb High Protein Smoothie King
Variations On This Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can always make things more interesting by mixing up the fruit: throw in some raspberries, pineapple, mango really, anything goes!
- Add grains theyre a great source of fiber, protein, and varying vitamins and minerals. Add quick oats, ground flax, or wheat bran to give your smoothie a boost and give it more staying power.
- Swap the yogurt and milk for probiotic yogurt and kefir Im a big believer in the power of probiotics and this is an easy way to get them!
- Add a scoop of protein powder if thats your schtik.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or a spoonful of cocoa powder for a dessert-like treat.
Pin this recipe to save for later
A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a strawberry smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients, 15 grocery items to be exact.
I stopped in wonder. Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?
Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax, or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasnt fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a simple strawberry smoothie.
Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesnt make sense.
You May Like: Smoothie King Coffee Drinks
Nutrition Info You Can Trust
Our in-house associate nutritionist holds a Masters degree in Human Nutrition, a bachelors degree in Sports Science and English, and a Diploma in Personal Training. She has over 15 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, working with leading health clubs, equipment companies, and one-to-one clients.