Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is made with just three ingredients. You cant go wrong with this simple and delicious smoothie!
This strawberry banana smoothie could not be any simpler.
With easy ingredients and a blender, you can make this at home in just 5 minutes.
Kids and adults alike will love this smoothie recipe!
Strawberry and banana is such a classic favorite flavor combination, just like the favorite peanut butter banana smoothie is.
Ingredients For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Youll notice a lot of the traditional ingredients for a creamy smoother arent necessary. Theres no yogurt, no milk, no dairy to make it creamy! Just two pure, healthy ingredients that result in a plant based and vegan smoothie. Heres what youll need:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we dont always have them on hand. We customized this one to use a fresh banana so that you can make it immediately.
- Water and ice: For the body of the smoothie, youll just need a little water to get it to blend and ice for the perfect frothy texture.
Love plant based smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
Can You Make This Smoothie Ahead Of Time
I dont recommend making your smoothie ahead of time. Smoothies melt as they sit in the fridge and their consistency isnt the same if re-frozen.
For best results enjoy your smoothie right away!
Read Also: Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Orange Juice
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
So, easy, the kids can do it, thats how! Easy fruit smoothie recipes start off with fresh or frozen strawberries and bananas. I prefer to use frozen fruit if I have it, this means I dont need to add any ice to make it cold or water it down. Lots of supermarkets sell frozen smoothie fruit medleys so its easier than ever! If your fruit is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Why Youll Love This Banana Smoothie Recipe
- It will give you energy and fill you up without making you feel sluggish.
- Its very kid-friendly.
- You need only four simple ingredients and five minutes to make this banana smoothie.
- Its a good way to use up extra ripe bananas.
- This banana smoothie is endlessly customizable to add more protein, fiber and other nutrients. See more banana smoothie ideas below!
Don’t Miss: Thrive Ready To Blend Smoothies
The Right Blender For Smoothies
There is no wrong blender for smoothies. Youll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item youd like to splurge on.
My favorite picks
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if youre looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews with great reviews!
- If you dont blend a ton, it wouldnt make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender thats perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
How To Make Smoothies Thicker
Youll notice in a lot of my smoothie recipes that I opt to use frozen fruit rather than ice. While ice is nice in adding instant chill and bulk to smoothies, Ive found that it makes them too watery .
Instead, I like to freeze fruit and throw that into the smoothie to make it thicker and more frosty. In this Strawberry Banana Smoothie, were using frozen strawberries for their convenience and cost efficiency, but you can also peel, chop, and freeze your bananas ahead of time for smoothies. I like to do this with my soon-to-go-bad bananas to give them a second shot at life.
Read Also: Ben And Jerry’s Smoothies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
What Are The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange.
Try to buy organic strawberries, if possible. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. I like to buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries for our smoothies.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body digests the sugar in a banana more slowly than refined sugars, so you get lasting energy, rather than a sugar rush and crash. Naturally-sweet bananas are a healthy way to satisfy your craving for sugar. When youre craving a sweet frozen treat, this strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious option!
Are you ready to make your best strawberry banana smoothie? Lets do it!
Creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are a fantastic way to start the day. They’re simple to make but have lots of good energy ingredients to get you moving in the morning without feeling heavy or weighed down. It’s also a great option for kids who are on the go but need a healthy energy boost! It’s filling and it tastes amazing!
Variations On This Healthy Smoothie Recipe:
- Add in some quick oats for extra fiber, protein and all the good stuff that oats have to offer. This is a great option if your strawberry banana smoothie is a meal it will give it more staying power!
- Swap out vanilla yogurt for flavoured for a bit more sweetness and a fun twist on flavor try strawberry, banana, or something totally different.
- To make this strawberry banana smoothie dairy free, simply swap the milk and yogurt for non-dairy milk and yogurt, or use a lactose-free variety if lactose is something your body struggles to digest.
- Dont have frozen strawberries? Swap the strawberries for whatever berries you have in your freezer for a new spin.
- Going green? Add in a handful of spinach or kale for an extra serving of veggies in your diet.
Pin this recipe to save for later
Recommended Reading: Greek Yogurt Smoothie Weight Loss
How Do You Make A Strawberry Smoothie
Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients. Im definitely a smoothie lover as its so easy to toss a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and 30 seconds later have an amazing drink.
And with strawberries in abundance in the markets right now, it only makes sense to whip up this classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe. I can get fancy with smoothies and include chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds and other fun ingredients, but a simple, straightforward smoothie is just as delicious.
So think of this strawberry banana smoothie as your little black dress. Its a classic. Because whats not to love about fresh, seasonal strawberries, sweet bananas and creamy yogurt?
Also Check: Smoothie King Vegan Mango Kale
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Frozen strawberries: Or you can sub in any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe cows milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
- Optional add-ins: See ideas below!
Tips For Making The Perfect Smoothie:
- I like to use slightly overripe bananas because it makes the smoothie a little sweeter.
- Fresh strawberries can be used but then you will have to add about 1 ½ cups of ice – I HIGHLY recommend sticking to frozen because this means the smoothie doesnt get watered down.
- Any milk can be used.
- Try making this smoothie with blueberries.
- Protein powder, collagen powder, or any other supplement can be added to the smoothie, just note that if its flavored it can alter the flavor of the smoothie.
- 1 tablespoon of agave or pure maple syrup may be used instead of honey or sweetener can be completely omitted.
- ½ cup of oatmeal can be added to the mixture for texture and thickness.
- Cottage cheese may be used in place of yogurt for an extra pack of protein.
- Want a really thick smoothie? Add an extra banana.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Non Dairy Smoothie Recipes
To Make A High Protein Smoothie:
Add plain Greek yogurt and/or nut butter to this strawberry banana smoothie for more satiating protein. Just blend the yogurt and nut butter into the smoothie along with the rest of the ingredients. Almond butter is my favorite in this smoothie. The almond butter is so good with the strawberries and banana! Peanut butter is also delicious.
Try these healthy smoothie recipes next:
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
You May Like: Smoothie King Arena Seating Chart
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab-and-blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard .
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep it in the freezer for your next smoothie.
Homemade Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I love a good smoothie! Theyre refreshing and a great snack or breakfast on the go. But hitting up your favorite smoothie shop each week can get expensive. Thats why I love making my smoothies at home. Theyre so simple, and with a little planning can be an easy addition to your daily routine.
Homemade smoothies are also a great way to use up any extra produce you have on hand that bunch of frozen, overripe bananas youve been hoarding for way too long. And making your smoothie at home allows you to better control the amount of sugar in it. Its easy to think youre making a healthy choice when you purchase a smoothie at a restaurant. However, Ive been shocked to see the amount of calories I was taking in with what I thought was a healthy snack.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is made with no added sweeteners. Just the sweetness from the strawberries, bananas, and soy milk!
Read Also: Organic Smoothie Leave In Treatment
How To Make The Best Banana Smoothie
My basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest banana smoothie, use frozen banana slices. Ive shared how I freeze bananas for smoothies below.
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Plain or Greek yogurt I dont always add yogurt to my smoothies, but when I do have it in the fridge, adding a spoonful ensures a protein-packed and creamy smoothie. For a smoothie without yogurt, add a little extra fruit or include veggies like spinach or kale.
Water or milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding a splash of liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess add milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
What Do I Need For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Not only is this a super popular smoothie flavor, but it is also super simple! To make it, youll need:
- Frozen banana. The banana adds sweetness and creaminess, so it is one of my favorite smoothie ingredients to use.
- Frozen strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries too, but I prefer frozen. Frozen fruit serves to chill and thicken your smoothie, so you wont need to dilute the flavor with ice!
- Milk. You can use regular cows milk, unsweetened soy milk, or your unsweetened nut milk of choice. Coconut milk would give it a fun tropical twist.
- Plain Greek yogurt. This will help to thicken your smoothie.
- Honey or maple syrup. Bananas and strawberries can vary in sweetness, so youll want to give your smoothie a taste before adding any sweetener. You may be able to skip this ingredient entirely!
Read Also: Types Of Blenders For Smoothies
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day!
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
More Favorite Smoothies Recipes
You all know how I love smoothies. For me, smoothies are a way of packing in a huge dose of fruits and veggies that I might not otherwise have eaten. Case in point, these Tropikale Smoothies or these Watercress Smoothies. Here are several more ideas:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add a touch more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Don’t Miss: Immune Boosting Smoothies For Cancer Patients
Side Note: Use A Vitamix
This should go without saying on my blog, but to achieve the smoothest, creamiest, dreamiest Strawberry Banana Smoothie EVER I recommend using a Vitamix blender. There truly is no comparison when it comes to achieving the best blend possible.
What To Put In A Smoothie
Any number of great things can be put into a smoothie! Thats why they are so popular! The trick is creating the right ratio of vegetables & fruit so your creation is not only good for you, but tasty too !
The best thing about a smoothie is that its really easy to make your own!
- Milk: Cows milk, almond, rice, hemp, coconut the skys the limit!
- Juice: Lots of juices like apple, orange or grape can add a little sweetness and change up the flavor of this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt or regular work. If youre using unsweetened yogurt, you might like to add a squeeze of honey to sweeten it.
- Just for Fun: Add in your favorites like chocolate syrup, almonds or peanut butter!
- Ice: If you use fruit that is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Don’t Miss: Uber Eats Tropical Smoothie Cafe