The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
How To Store Blueberry Smoothie
As I mentioned, it is best to serve the smoothie as soon as it is made.
However, if you want to save it for later, make sure to store in containers or jars and keep refrigerated unti ready to serve.
Just before serving, you will need to stir the smoothie very well.
For best results, you may blend it again until smooth once you are ready to serve.
You may keep this refriegerated for about 1 to 2 days.
For longer storage, you may transfer the smoothie to ice cube trays and store in the freezer for longer time.
How To Store And Reheat Your Mango Smoothie / Lassi
If you dont plan on drinking your smoothie right away, make sure to store it in an airtight container . Your drink will become soggy if left exposed to the air. I recommend that you wait until youre ready to have your smoothie before placing your ice cubes in the blender.
It is better to blend all of your other ingredients initially and then add the ice a little bit at a time. Otherwise, if you put all the ice cubes in first, your drink will become too watery.
This mango smoothie recipe can be made the night before for breakfast or as a healthy snack. To reheat your mango smoothie, place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until the ice cubes are melted, and you can enjoy it cold again.
A NOTE ON THE AMOUNT OF MILK:
I used 2% milk, and it turned out just OK. However, you should only use fat-free/skim milk so that your drink remains thick.
Read Also: Smoothie King Vs Tropical Smoothie
Ingredients For A Strawberry Smoothie
Entire family experimented with this frozen strawberry smoothie recipe with or without yogurt, with dairy milk, with almond milk, with and without banana, with jam, with ice cream, you name it! And here are the ingredients we all agreed upon for the best strawberry fruit smoothie:
- Almond milk: We use plain unsweetened almond milk but vanilla flavored and/or sweetened will work too, especially if your strawberries are less sweet.
- Frozen strawberries: Use quality strawberries, that are ripe, preferably organic if you can afford. However, it is a fact that less sweet and ripen berries go for freezing.
- Banana: Make sure your banana is ripe or even ugly brown over ripen. Previously frozen fruit works as well.
- Flaxseed or chia seeds: Use ground flaxseed or whole/ground chia seeds. Whole flaxseed might not blend completely.
Yes, we like our healthy strawberry smoothie without yogurt. Keep reading.
How To Make A Mango Smoothie
Making this simple mango smoothie takes no time, especially if you cut your fruits ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Then when youre ready, throw all your ingredients in the blender and blend for a few seconds until its thick and creamy.
You can use fresh or frozen mango to make this smoothie recipe. Personally, like to use frozen mango because the frozen fruit makes the smoothie nice and cold, while also giving it a thick and creamy consistency.
Frozen pineapple works well too, so if you use fresh mango then make sure youre using frozen pineapple in the recipe to keep the smoothie thick, and nice and cold. But if you decide to use all fresh fruits instead, I suggest you add ice to make your smoothie cold.
In the recipe video, you can see Im adding a combination of frozen mango and fresh pineapple. Using one fresh and one frozen fruit makes it easier to blend the ingredients in the blender.
Recommended Reading: 10 Day Smoothie Fast
What Ingredients Do You Need For A Smoothie
- The first and most important raw material is fresh fruit, but it does not matter if it is a little overripe.
- You may use mineral water, herbal tea, animal milk, yogurt or vegetable milk for the dilution.
- The fruit smoothie may be flavored with fresh lemon, lime, cinnamon, cloves, coconut filings, almond, natural sweeteners .
- You will also need a milkshake machine or a blender to masticate the fruit and mix it with the diluting liquid and the flavoring agents.
- Fantasy is also useful and important, just let it flow and create your favorite smoothie recipe from your favorite fruits. Enjoy and experiment!
And now, lets see How To Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt in many different delicious recipes.
Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
Not all smoothies have to be super packed with fruit. This banana smoothie made with raw almond butter is the perfect example of a heartier, less fruity smoothie.
Take a look at the ingredients needed for this smoothie recipe. You probably have a lot of these in your pantry already!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Almond butter makes the smoothie very thick and naturally sweet. Almond butter is very healthy and contains lots of fiber, protein, and your daily dose of magnesium. You can also add peanut butter in place of almond butter. Buy natural, unsweetened peanut butter for the best results.
Vanilla almond milk and vanilla extract give the smoothie a tasty, vanilla flavor. Try coconut cream in place of almond milk if you want to make your smoothie even richer.
Frozen bananas make the smoothie thick. If you didnt have time to freeze the banana, just add a few handfuls of ice cubes to the blender. Your smoothie with no yogurt will come out perfectly!
I love this smoothie recipe because it is so flexible. Here are the base ingredients that I use:
- One bottle of Cocozia Coconut water
- One frozen banana
- Handful of frozen peaches, berries, and mango
Choose to add only strawberries to make a tasty coconut, strawberry smoothie. Use just mango as the fruit for a pretty orange smoothie without yogurt. Toss some frozen pineapple chunks into the blender along with mango to make a very tropical drink. The possibilities are endless!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Peach Slice Plus Recipe
Vegan Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips And Substitutions:
How To Make A Smoothie Without Yogurt: Some Fruit
Summer is almost over where I am now and the rainy season is starting. It was a fun summer with lots of beaches, food, and cool beverages. And talking about cool drinks, smoothies are never far behind.
I had so many glasses of smoothies during the entire season, I cant count them! Making smoothies without yogurt is quite a hit, as yogurt is expensive! Have you tried making them?
Smoothies are thick cool drinks made out of assorted fruits and vegetables that are blended together with some ice, water, dairy, and sweeteners. Its great if you are on a diet or looking for something to quench your thirst on a warm day.
Now, here is our guide on how to make smoothies without yogurt. It doesnt differ much from the usual method, but you can choose your own dairy or milk alternative. Are you up for the challenge?
Read Also: Small Smoothie Mcdonalds
How To Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Fruit smoothies are incredibly quick and easy to make. Youll need a blender powerful enough to blend frozen fruit such as a Vitamix or Ninja. Add your frozen fruit and a liquid such as dairy or plant-based milk, coconut water, or orange juice. You may want to add additional ingredients such as protein powder, chia seeds, or nut butter. Blend until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
You May Also Like
You May Like: What Time Does Smoothie King Close
Cherry Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
Cherry smoothies have proven to be quite tasty and relaxing. If you thought cherries taste great on their own, then you are in for a surprise! Make some efforts and get this seasonal fruit so as to enable you to make the best smoothie while you still can. Many ingredients are mixed with the cherry to come up with something far more delicious. Some of the common ingredients mixed with cherries include blended bananas, yogurt, frozen mangoes, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder and even stevia.
Below, we are going to describe the best cherry smoothie recipe without yogurt. It involves bananas, cherries, and any other additional ingredient. Here it is
Cherry Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
- First wash the bananas and cherries thoroughly
- Chop the banana into many small pieces
- Add the additional ingredients you may be having apart from the yoghurt into the blender. They may include berries, sugar, milk and bananas.
- Then blend the whole mixture continuously as you check how smooth it gets
- You can add some ice cubes on a sunny day and enjoy your well-prepared smoothie without yoghurt
In other recipes, follow the same procedure, using cherries as your main fruit, then instead of adding yoghurt together with the other ingredients use any substitute such as almond milk, coconut milk, honey, agave syrup, cocoa powder, cinnamon and even orange juice.Health Benefits of Cherry Smoothie
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Parking
How Else To Reach Your Daily Fruit Goal
For me, the trick is to make the fruit very presentable. The prettier the presentation, the more I eat/drink. This Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt worked for me because I beautified it with frozen berries on top. I look at it with hearts in my eyes and then dump it. I guess thats called auto-brain-washing, haha.
Another way that works great for me is a pretty fruit platter. Ive got tons of tips on how to arrange a beautiful fruit platter.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
Lets admit it, eating clean is not always easy. Increasing fruits and vegetables into ones daily diet prove even more challenging.
Fortunately, smoothies provide an alternative to these problems.
An excellent strawberry pineapple smoothie can become a hit with everyone in your family.
The question is, how can you have a fresh strawberry pineapple smoothie while catering for your lactose intolerant family members?
This strawberry pineapple smoothie recipe will provide you with a lifetime solution.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup liquid
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and pulse at intervals until smooth.
- Serve immediately for the best taste.
Health Benefits of Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
Squeezing in a healthy and balanced diet into your busy schedule will be a breeze.
This smoothie is packed with Vitamin C, B1, manganese, dietary fiber, as well as folate provided by both strawberries and pineapples.
Additionally, there is omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, and biotin from strawberries. It also has Vitamin B6, dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, and folate all provided by the pineapple.
Because this smoothie is fruitful, you will be left filling full and ready to face your day. In fact, it contains and can go as a full meal making it an excellent solution for breakfast or lunch.
You May Like: Smoothie Center Seating Chart
Alternatives For Yogurt In Smoothies:
- Dairy-free yogurts Again, if you are lactose-intolerance, just like there are so many dairy-free milks, there are many options for dairy-free yogurts. These include: coconut yogurt, soy yogurt, and nut-based yogurts.
- Coconut cream Super thick and creamy, just like Greek yogurt. You can get coconut cream in a can the thickest cream usually separates and will be on top.
- Cottage cheese Adds lots of healthy fat, protein, nutrients, and probiotics, just like yogurt.
- Banana/Avocado These are two of the best creamy and thickening ingredients that are super versatile and go well in most smoothies. Banana can be used to add both creaminess and natural sweetness to a smoothie. Avocado is high in fat and is a tried and true way to create a thick and creamy blend every time.
- Frozen fruits/vegetables Some other fruits like mango can have a similar creamy/thickening effect when frozen. Frozen vegetables like cauliflower and zucchini are other ingredients that, like avocado, wont change the flavour much, but will improve the consistency and nutrition of the smoothie.
- Nut butters
Recipe For Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
Directions:1. Place all of the ingredients into the blender.
2. Put the top on the blender and mix the ingredients together for 10 15 seconds/until it reaches your desired consistency.
3. Pour the mixture in a cup and enjoy!
-If you use frozen strawberries , it will make a thicker smoothie. Thats my preference.-This recipe actually makes 1 cup servings, so it is enough to share with someone else.
If you found this recipe helpful, please share it. In addition, consider signing up for my weekly email newsletter so that you dont miss future updates. Thanks!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Peach Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
For the peach version of smoothie without yogurt I will give you two recipes, one without alcohol and the vegan rich:
1. Recipe: Alcohol-Free Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
- 6 ice cubes each juice
- First you peel the peaches and bananas, then you cut them into pieces and put it into a mixer.
- Then add the ice and thoroughly mix it.
- Dilute it with a little peach juice, put it into cups and enrich it with a few ice cubes.
2. Recipe: Cool Vegan Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
- 5 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cup of rice milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 small pinches of cinnamons
- craped seeds of 1 vanilla
Mango Lime Juice Orange Juice And Honey
If you feel you need to have a much heavier breakfast or pre-workout snack, this strawberry smoothie can be a great choice. You only need 1 mango, ½ cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 banana, 10 strawberries, and 3 ice cubes. The final blend will give you about 470 calories, with rich carbs and fiber to hold up longer in your belly.
Read Also: Anxiety Smoothie
What Is The Healthiest Liquid To Put In A Smoothie
Filtered Water As we all may agree, water is the safest and easiest option to add to your smoothie. Water is flavorless, colorless, and doesnt alter the taste of your smoothie. Use water as a liquid base means adding zero calories, so you dont need to worry about extra calories from your smoothie.
Read Also: Tropical Smoothie Cafe St Clair Shores
Substitutes For Milk & Yogurt In A Smoothie
If frozen banana isnt your thing, then there are plenty of other substitutes for milk or yogurt in a smoothie. Avocado and plant-based milks are both great alternatives since they provide similar consistency smoothies without dairy.
In terms of liquids, Almond, Soy, and Coconut milk are available pretty much everywhere. Rice, Oat, Hazelnut, and Cashew milks also make great smoothies but may not be as easy to come by.
Most of these brands also offer yogurt alternatives too, in all the usual flavour suspects Vanilla, Strawberry, Peach, Cherry, and Chocolate. These make tasty additions to dairy-free smoothies and damn good standalone desserts too!
Its worth noting that theyre all produced to last longer than nature intended, which means additional processing or preservatives. So, if youre looking for a natural milk substitute, then check the labels carefully. Make your own choice based on:
Don’t Miss: Smoothies For Anxiety
Can You Use Water In A Smoothie
Yes! Water is a terrific method to add a little bit of liquid to your smoothies without having to use any other ingredients such as milk. A wonderful example of this is our Ginger Peach Detox Smoothie, which has ginger and peaches. This smoothie has only one cup of water, as well as high-liquid fruits and vegetables such as lemon, orange, apple, and cucumber, among other ingredients.
Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
These smoothies are chock full of vitamins and minerals without the added calories you would get with fatty ingredients. These smoothies without yogurt are for those who have dietary restrictions, for weight loss and for those who prefer a calorie-restricted diet. For more healthy smoothies, check out our low-calorie smoothies under 100 calories.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie For Anxiety
Healthy Smoothies Without Yogurt
These smoothies are chock-full of vitamins and minerals without the added calories you would get with fatty ingredients. These weight loss smoothies without yogurt are for those who prefer a calorie-restricted diet. For more weight loss smoothies, check out our 10 Flaxseed Smoothies for Weight Loss.
Are You New To Keto
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
That is why most healthy berry smoothie recipes use the addition of milk, yogurt, or frozen banana. The purpose of those extra ingredients is to thicken smoothies.
Obviously, they are no bananas in a low-carb keto smoothie. By definition, a keto smoothie is also a low-carb smoothie for diabetics.
This means no added sugar, minimal fructose, or carbs.
You May Like: Smoothie King Seating View