Whats The Best Liquid For Making Smoothies
We like to use milk of choice. If youre a fan of coconut milk, use it. Like cows milk? Go for it. A fan of almond milk? Cool. Use whatever milk you like in your smoothiesyou cant go wrong. I just recommend you stick to unsweetened and unflavored versions. That gives you the most control over the smoothie.
Four: Add Ice And Blend
The amount of ice you use depends on how thick you want your smoothie recipe to be. Start with about 1 cup crushed ice for a fairly thick smoothie that is still drinkable with a straw. Omit the ice if using frozen fruit or if you want the smoothie to be thinner and less cold. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a cup or thermal to-go drink container and slurp up every last drop.
How To Make A Smoothie Without Bananas:
Bananas are the backbone of my simple smoothie recipes. They add so much creaminess, and natural sweetness while being inexpensive. That being said, I know not everyone likes/eats bananas. If you arent into bananas, you can add some Greek yogurt + sweetener + ice OR a half of an avocado + sweetener + ice. Those two combos will replace a banana nicely in a smoothie and still give you a nice rich and smooth texture.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating
Do You Have To Add Ice
No, ice cubes are not necessary to make a smoothie, as long as youre using frozen fruits. Replace 1:1 ice cubes to frozen fruit is recommended. The ice will create a smooth, thick, chilly texture, or frothy if only a small amount is used. I like to add both ice cubes and frozen fruit together to create the perfect consistency.
How To Make A Smoothie Step
Buy It:NutriBullet Blender Combo
Just remember this simple formula: Fruit + Juice + Dairy/Dairy Substitute + Ice = Easy Smoothie Recipe Win.
Follow our Test Kitchen pro tips below to design your own smoothie recipe, then learn how to transform it into a smoothie bowl and how to give it an über-rich and creamy consistency. Sweet!
Don’t Miss: Mielle Organics Curl Smoothie
Step : Obtain Necessary Permits And Licenses
Failure to acquire necessary permits and licenses can result in hefty fines, or even cause your business to be shut down.
Federal Business Licensing Requirements
There are federal regulations regarding what can and cannot be added to, sold as, and processed with food. Attached is a resource from the Food and Drug Administration detailing the process of starting a food business: How to Start a Food Business
State & Local Business Licensing Requirements
Certain state permits and licenses may be needed to operate a smoothie business. Learn more about licensing requirements in your state by visiting SBAs reference to state licenses and permits.
Most businesses are required to collect sales tax on the goods or services they provide. To learn more about how sales tax will affect your business, read our article, Sales Tax for Small Businesses.
For information about local licenses and permits:
- Check with your town, city or county clerks office
- Get assistance from one of the local associations listed in US Small Business Associations directory of local business resources.
Certificate of Occupancy
A smoothie business is generally run out of a storefront. Businesses operating out of a physical location typically require a Certificate of Occupancy . A CO confirms that all building codes, zoning laws and government regulations have been met.
And Check Out Some Of Our Favorite Smoothie Hacks Too:
- How to Freeze Strawberries. There are lots of ways to use frozen strawberries, but smoothies are definitely one of my favorites!
- Smoothie Booster Packs. Never let spinach go bad again! Drop these frozen smoothie packs into your smoothies to boost the nutrition.
- 3 Ways to Meal Prep Smoothies. Yes, you can make ahead smoothies! And we have three ways to show you how.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Rows
How To Make Smoothies Thicker
What I usually do is add my liquid and liquid fruits and vegetables, then blend to smooth.
Add in frozen fruit and blend again.
If my smoothie is not super thick , I will add in a cup or two of ice, blend, and serve immediately.
Once you go to ice cream thick smoothies youll never go back!
I hope you found this post helpful!
If nothing else, I hope it inspires you to try more smoothies at home.
I went years without knowing how to make a delicious smoothie and I only wish I had had these tips and tricks!
Smoothies are really just a matter of science, and once you master the combination the possibilities are endless!
Smoothies are a great way to get tons of nutrient packed goodness into your body, and they are a big part of my healthy lifestyle.
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe?
Let me know in the comments below!
Want to save this post for later? Click HERE to pin it!
Looking for delicious smoothie recipes?
Here are some of our favorites.
Here youll find recipes of smoothies made with milk, smoothies made with water, and smoothies made with no liquid at all.
I have personally tried and loved all of these recipes!
Have you tried one of these recipes?
Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments below!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. .
Thursday 19th of August 2021
Friday 1st of November 2019
Saturday 3rd of July 2021
Vegetables For Smoothie Bowls
Next, add the veggies. Leafy greens like spinach and kale are common, and can impart a bright green hue to the smoothie as long as you use light-colored fruit like pineapple and mango. Start adding blueberries and cherries to greens, and youll get a color that wont win you any followers on Instagram. Nor is it likely to ever become Pantones color of the year. Of course, if your goal is a healthy and tasty bowl, that might not be a problem for you. Other vegetables can offer different color and taste profiles, including beets, carrots, celery, and even bell peppers.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
How Do You Make A Smoothie Thicker
One last thing to address in this post is how to make a smoothie thicker.
Smoothies in my opinion are all about texture.
I absolutely do not like runny, gritty smoothies.
I prefer my smoothies to be super thick and creamy, almost to ice cream texture.
This way it feels like a treat when I am drinking it!
Variations On This Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can always make things more interesting by mixing up the fruit: throw in some raspberries, pineapple, mango really, anything goes!
- Add grains theyre a great source of fiber, protein, and varying vitamins and minerals. Add quick oats, ground flax, or wheat bran to give your smoothie a boost and give it more staying power.
- Swap the yogurt and milk for probiotic yogurt and kefir Im a big believer in the power of probiotics and this is an easy way to get them!
- Add a scoop of protein powder if thats your schtik.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or a spoonful of cocoa powder for a dessert-like treat.
Pin this recipe to save for later
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart For Concerts
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Skip the bananas. An avocado can be substituted for a banana along with a tablespoon or two of sweetener.
- Go for the goat yogurt. If youre slightly lactose intolerant, goats milk yogurt is a wonderful alternative that tastes very similar to cows milk yogurt.
- Add and adjust. Start by adding a little bit of optional ingredients and then taste after each addition to make sure you still like the flavor!
- Sweeten it last. Youd be surprised how sweet fruit can be! Wait until the end to stir in any additional sweeteners.
- Pay attention to the blade. You want to add your softer ingredients closer to the blade and the harder ingredients further away from the blade for easier blending.
What Is The Purpose Of Using Ice In Smoothies
A Smoothie should have a distinct rich flavor, but it doesnt mean everyone likes it like that. Some individuals love to drink a less flavorful form by adding significant amounts of ice to the smoothie. Adding ice to a smoothie doesnt make it bland. If you use flavor-rich ingredients, your smoothie will still be quite flavorful even after adding the ice.
People also prefer adding ice to smoothies because it allows them to control the drinks coldness. This attribute is handy if you stay in an area associated with a hot climate. Smoothies with an adequate amount of ice are quite refreshing during hot summer days, and the beverage stays cold for an extended period.
Adding ice to your smoothie also saves you the hassle of freezing some ingredients first. This notion is especially true if you crave the beverage at that moment and dont already have frozen ingredients, such as chilled milk or yogurt.
Also Check: 10 Smoothie Diet
You Might Go Over Your Calorie Target For The Day
A smoothie can quickly become a secret calorie bomb, especially once you start adding calorie-dense foods like dried fruit. So, keep in mind that it is possible to add too much of a good thingeven when it comes to healthy fat sources like peanut butter, avocado, and shredded coconut.
“Be careful with nuts, nut butters, and seeds,” says Ayesta. “You may add these options but remember they pack a lot of calories in small amounts.”
Because it can be easy to go overboard if you’re just eyeballing the amounts, consider measuring these ingredients out with a tablespoon.
According to Ayesta, there’s one rule to abide by if you want to make your smoothie as healthy as possible: always make it yourself. When you blend it up at home, you have more control over not only the specific ingredients but also the portion sizes of each. A daily smoothie can offer a super convenient way to get your fruits and veggies in while also nourishing your body with many essential vitamins and minerals. The key is to maximize those benefits by focusing on whole, nutrient-dense foods while avoiding added sugars as much as possible.
Step : Get Business Insurance
Just as with licenses and permits, your business needs insurance in order to operate safely and lawfully. Business Insurance protects your companys financial wellbeing in the event of a covered loss.
There are several types of insurance policies created for different types of businesses with different risks. If youre unsure of the types of risks that your business may face, begin with General Liability Insurance. This is the most common coverage that small businesses need, so its a great place to start for your business.
Learn more about General Liability Insurance.
Another notable insurance policy that many businesses need is Workers Compensation Insurance. If your business will have employees, its a good chance that your state will require you to carry Workers’ Compensation Coverage.
Recommended: Learn what business insurance for your Smoothie Business will cost.
Read Also: The Hulk Vanilla Smoothie King Recipe
Should You Rest Your Smoothies
Letting a smoothie sit tends to make it less frothy, but some smoothies willseparate quickly. For example, almost every green smoothie separates into a layer of green juice atop a chunky greenmixture after a few minutes.
Others fare better from resting. Anything with a lot of light or frothyingredients, or a lot of air whipped up into them, applies.
If you’re in a rush, prepare the ingredients beforehand by chopping andmeasuring them. Start only when you’re ready to eat! You can store ingredientsor even storesmoothies overnight in the fridge, if you’re preparing for an earlymorning!
A thick smoothie can last in the fridge up to 24 hours while retaining itsflavor and texture. Thinner smoothies may separate before then. We prefer todrink immediately, though grabbing a drink prepared the night before is almostas good. To store a smoothie in the fridge, pour it into a tightly sealedcontainer such as a Mason jar. Unless you have a tight, screw-on lid for yourblender bottle, don’t botheryou’ll get better flavor and have an easiertime cleaning up if you store it in something else.
In a pinch, you can put plastic wrap over the top of a glass.
Can You Make A Smoothie With Water Instead Of Milk
Yes! Water is a great way to add a little bit of liquid to your smoothies without the use of milk.
A great example of this is our Ginger Peach Detox Smoothie.
This smoothie uses just a cup of water in addition to high liquid fruits and vegetables including lemon, orange, apple, and cucumber.
Its important to note that you do not want to use a large amount of water in your smoothies or they can easily become too watery and lose flavor.
The best way that I have found is to combine high liquid fruits and vegetables with just enough water to blend.
This way you get a super thick and creamy smoothie without being watery.
It is also important to note here that you will need to use a high speed blender such as a vitamix or blendtec for best results and creamy smoothies.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Light And Fluffy Recipe
Your Blood Sugar May Spike
Without a doubt, the main drawback of drinking smoothies on the regular is that they’re often loaded with sugar. Ayesta says this is especially true of bottled store-bought smoothies since they often contain added syrups to enhance the flavor.
Fortunately, if you make your smoothie at home, you can minimize the amount of sugar by reaching for ingredients like whole fruit and unflavored yogurt. Ayesta recommends using water or unsweetened non-dairy milk to reduce the sugar content and overall calories in your smoothie.
Can I Make A Green Smoothie With No Banana
You sure can! Try one of these:
- Make our greena colada smoothie without banana instead. It uses frozen pineapple in place of the banana.
- Replace the banana with a half cup of canned pears in juice and a handful of ice.
- Sub in about one cup of any other frozen fruit for the banana . You might need to adjust the sweetness by adding more honey or maple syrup depending on the sweetness. Be warned though: strawberries and spinach make a delicious combo, but your smoothie will be a not-pleasant grey color.
- To replace the creaminess of banana, try adding a bit of Greek yogurt!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Nutritional Information
You’ll Definitely Get Your Daily Dose Of Vitamins
Seeing as the base for a smoothie typically includes at least one serving of fruit , it’s no surprise that a smoothie is often chock-full of vitamins and minerals.
“Drinking a smoothie daily is a great way to pack a ton of nutrients in one convenient way,” says Vive Nutrition founder Andres Ayesta, MS, RD, LD, CSCS, CSSD.
Think of it this way: How likely are you to eat a whole bowl of spinach, a cup of yogurt, and a banana in one sitting? On the other hand, you can toss all those ingredients into a blender, sip them through a straw, and get your daily recommended intake of fruit and veggies for the entire day.
Best Blenders For Smoothies
OK, youve got all of your smoothie ingredients prepped and ready to go, now how are you going to blend them up?
The key here is powerful.
You want to use a blender capable of completely mixing up all of the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
Here is a list of the best blenders for making fruit smoothies:
- Nutribullet A wonderful personal-sized blender option. Make sure you use the larger cup in order to fit all of the ingredients without going over the max fill line.
- Ninja Blender is also another great option!
You May Like: Detox Organics Recipes
Advertise Your Juice Bar
Advertising your new juice bar is how you let the public know you are open and ready for business. Today, digital methods of advertising are extremely important if you want to reach a wide audience. Its very easy to advertise your business online and you can start doing it early on to build excitement for your brand. Check out our tips for marketing your new juice bar:
- Build a Website – You absolutely must have a website if you own a business. Thankfully, you dont have to be an expert to put together a user-friendly website. Platforms like Squarespace and WordPress help you design an attractive site and are very easy to use.
- Increase Your Digital Presence – Register your business with online platforms like Google My Business, OpenTable, or Trip Advisor. This increases your online presence and helps you connect with potential customers.
- Create a Blog – Add a blog section to your website to help search engines recognize your business and build awareness around your brand. Since juicing is your realm of expertise, create a blog thats devoted to juicing. Cover topics like juicing benefits, the best fruits and vegetables for juicing, or how to use commercial juicers.
- Use Social Media – Just like a company website, your social media accounts are a crucial part of advertising in the digital age. You can choose to set up company profiles on all platforms, or take a more systematic approach by zeroing in on the platforms that your target customers use.