What Can I Mix With Powdered Peanut Butter
Powdered peanut butter is super versatile and easily added to many different types of recipes. One of the easiest ways to use powdered peanut butter is to add it to a smoothie.
It blends well into liquids and tastes great with a variety of flavor profiles such as chocolate, vanilla, or different fruits. Continue reading for some irresistibly delicious recipes.
Wanting To Add Some Extra Nutrition To Your Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
You can give any smoothie a boost of vitamins and minerals by adding some nutrient-rich ingredients. Here are some suggestions:
- Ground Flaxseed this is a great ingredient to add to smoothies for a boost of fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants.
- Chia seeds another healthy seed to add in! Feel free to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to give your smoothie plenty of healthy fats and fiber.
- Hemp seeds throw in a tablespoon for extra healthy fats, omegas, and minerals
- Spinach sneak in some veggies by adding a handful of spinach. This will turn your smoothie a funky color, but you wont taste it at all.
- Oats to really give your smoothie staying power and help thicken it, you can add in cup of oats. Use rolled oats or quick oats. Steel cut oats will not blend well.
- Avocado adding about ¼ or ½ of an avocado adds healthy fats and creates a thick, creaminess to your smoothie.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. What this means is that if you click over to the links and make a purchase, I receive a commission at no added cost to you. Thanks for keeping Little Miss Kate & Co running.
Now you can make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie a few ways depending on what ingredients you have on hand. The Kraft chocolate peanut butter is perfect for making this delicious drink, but if you dont have that in your cupboard you can use Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter with chocolate milk.
Also Check: How To Make A Smoothie With Frozen Fruit
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
To make this smoothie, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth and combined.
This smoothie is not too thick , but if youd like to thin it out, just add a little more milk.
Pour into your favourite glasses, top with some grated chocolate if desired, serve and enjoy!
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements , rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Deliciously thick and creamy banana smoothie that is loaded with chocolate and peanut butter flavour. The perfect indulgent treat for breakfast or a snack!
Do you enjoy smoothies for breakfast, or even for a snack?
If yes, then youll love todays recipe. I bring you my wonderfully thick and creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie!
Its packed full of nutrients, and is an indulgent treat to be enjoyed for breakfast or a quick pick-me-up snack.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter just as much as me, then you need to give this smoothie a try. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out my Chocolate NESQUIK Milkshake for an even more dessert-based drink.
You May Like: How To Make Your Own Smoothie
Why Smoothies Are Amazing For Disabled People:
- Smoothies are a super quick and easy way to prepare a complete, filling meal .
- They are high in calcium which is crucial for people with disabilities who have low bone density.
- You can pack them with extra protein and calories if you are healing from a pressure wound.
- You can add extra fiber to support digestive health and keep your bowels regular .
- Theyre a great way to sneak in extra fruit and veggies .
- They dont take a lot of time or energy to make, which makes them a great option for days when youre in pain or extra fatigued. All you need is a blender, like the Omega blender!
- Smoothies are versatile there are ENDLESS flavour combos so you can make them everyday and never get bored!
- Theyre also made with affordable ingredients .
If youre looking for spill-proof adaptive cup to put this smoothie in, check out this Kennedy Cup!
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
Read Also: Protein Smoothies That Taste Good
Traditional Peanut Butter Vs Powdered Peanut Butter
Because the oil is removed in powdered peanut butter, there are pretty significant nutritional differences.
Just to show you the difference, lets look at the difference between a popular natural peanut butter and Naked PB.
|Powdered Peanut Butter||Spreadable Peanut Butter|
Clearly, powdered peanut butter is a perfect option for the calorie-conscious peanut lover. While you can do tons of things with this delicious, nutritious powder here are a few quick, easy smoothie recipes so you can get right down to it without all that cooking business.
Peanut Butter Banana Almond Milk Smoothie Idea:
Now you can also make this dairy free by swapping out the milk for almond milk. I also have done this and it is very good.
I get almond milk on sale all the time and stock up when I do. I can make the slightly healthier switch and my kids dont even notice.
This is a great idea to make the peanut butter banana drink dairy free and so tasty. Another tip for smoothies is to use frozen bananas.
This is a great way to use overripe bananas and put them to use before they spoil. Just cut them or break into pieces for the freezer.
These will be great to use later to make a peanut butter smoothie. Yum! You can also add flax seeds, chia seeds or even protein powder to the smoothies.
The kids wont notice as these are so thick and creamy and delicious! We have even substituted almond butter before. So good!
The options are endless for these smoothies.
Recommended Reading: What Do You Put In A Smoothie
How To Make The Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
You can whip up this peanut butter banana smoothie in just a minute. Theres not prep required as long as you have a frozen banana. If not, you can use a room temperature banana and add a couple ice cubes for a thick and cold smoothie.
After running the ingredients in a blender for a minute, taste the smoothie and add additional milk if it is too thick. You can also add some sweetener if youd like, but it shouldnt be necessary if you use a rip banana. The recipe makes enough for two 12 ounce cups, which is whats pictured.
Did You Make This Recipe
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on
Did you make this recipe? Id love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on .
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and dont forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
You May Like: Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Weight Loss
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
A healthy and light peanut butter banana smoothie recipe to start your morning! 335 calories
Im coming around to the idea of breakfast smoothies.
And yes, I am arriving so late to this party. While everyone else has been blending their greens, juicing their beets, and sipping away for years, Ive just been over herechewing.
Because in the past, whenever I considered the ingredients of a smoothie for breakfast, I always thought theyd be a heck of a lot more filling when eaten separately and in whole form. I wondered how long a meal sipped through a straw could sate me. But then, I also never considered adding something quite as substantial as nut butter, or the fact that Target would start selling gorgeous paper straws that would make me want to drink milkshakes all day long.
And so. Here we are at my breakfast table, reformed.
This is a deliciously creamy blend of banana, peanut butter, and milk, with a bit of vanilla for aroma and warmth. The protein and fat give it staying powermaking it less of a fruity drink and more of a meal. I was tempted to use Greek yogurt in place of the milk for a richer, silkier texture, but I feared that its tang would overpower the other flavors. Feel free to play with the dairy options to find what suits your taste.
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple peanut butter banana smoothie, but you can add whatever seeds or powders that youd like! For this one, I might add:
- Cinnamon. Add a little sweet spice with a touch of cinnamon
- Ground flax. Bump up the omega-3s of your smoothie. Flax has a slightly nutty flavor, so it goes great with the peanut butter.
- Spinach or kale. Dark leafy greens are packed with so many nutrientsget a little dose of vegetables in your smoothie by adding a handful of spinach!
Once you have a set of mix-ins that you like, you can freeze them as booster packs for future smoothies!
Also Check: Best Smoothie Recipes For Energy
Best Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
A peanut butter banana smoothie is a classic combo that you must have in your smoothie-making repertoireespecially if you have kids in the house! Kids love the sweet and nutty flavor of a peanut butter banana smoothie. Its a must-have in every parents kitchen toolbox!
The great thing about this smoothie for kids and grown-ups alike is that it is packed with so much protein, healthy fats, and other nutrients that you dont need to worry about tossing in extra protein powder to make a nourishing, satisfying smoothie! Lets get blending.
How To Make A Smoothie:
Making a smoothie is easy, but there are a few tips and tricks to make them the best ever.
Remember to start with the most fluid ingredients at the bottom, and the hardest to blend at the top. You can put your own spin on the ingredients, but try to keep the ratios the same for a nice, thick, satisfying smoothie.
Read Also: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Warner Robins Ga
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend at each price range for smoothies:
- AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Hand BlenderThis immersion blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you!
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderThis was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter-level, but still high-powered, blender.
- PRICEY: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use everyday in the Wholefully test kitchen. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Banana Pb Fit Powder & Chocolate Protein Shake
Banana, PB Fit Powder, & Chocolate Protein Shake a creamy, sweet mixture of potassium-rich bananas, filling chocolate protein, and sweet, protein-packed PB Fit Powder that tastes so good, youll be searching your blender to try to find a hidden peanut butter cup.
This PB Fit Powder Banana, PB Fit Powder & Chocolate Protein shake recipe is a healthy and delicious way to get your protein in for the day. This shake combines some of my favorite ingredients: bananas, peanut butter powder , chocolate protein powder, and milk.
Its a kid friendly smoothie recipe thats perfectly sweet and takes less than 5 minutes to make. It makes a tasty, satisfying breakfast or snack! This peanut butter protein shake recipe is definitely one of my go-tos when I need a breakfast on the go. Youll want to keep this recipe on hand and easily accessible!
Also Check: Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie For Weight Loss
Top Tips To Make This Smoothie
Easy Peanut Butter Smoothie
In 5 minutes or less, you have a balanced and filling breakfast with:
Two servings of fruit
Calcium, potassium, and fiber
And 12 grams of protein even if you dont add any yogurt or protein powder!
This best peanut butter banana smoothie is also easy to take on the go, which means you get to set your alarm clock that much later in the morning .
Trending Right Now: Overnight Oats 15 Healthy Recipes
For an even thicker smoothiealmost more like a peanut butter and banana milkshake than a smoothiebe sure to include the optional 1/3 cup oats.
This will also up the fiber and protein, helping to fill you up until lunch.
The recipe can be suitable for numerous special diets as well, including vegan, gluten free, soy free, refined sugar free, paleo, high fiber, low cholesterol, low calorie, and high protein.
Feel free to substitute almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, even or sunflower butter if you have allergies or simply want to switch up the flavor.
You can use whatever milk you wish almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, rice milk, coconut milk, etc.
And of course you absolutely can add cocoa powder if you want to make it a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie!
Leftover banana? Make these Banana Muffins!
You May Like: What To Put In Your Smoothie For Weight Loss
Ingredients In This Banana Smoothie:
- Banana I always keep frozen bananas in my freezer for just this occasion. AND frozen is definitely best in this recipe is it results in a much creamier smoothie! If all else fails though, an unfrozen banana will still totally work. You cna throw a few ice cubes in to give it a cold and creamy texture.
- Milk Ive been on a big oat milk kick lately but really any kind works here. You could also swap the milk for water if desired.
- Yogurt I like to use a plain, unflavored and unsweetened dairy-free yogurt but again, really anything works well here. You could even use a flavored yogurt as desired.
- Peanut Butter MOST often, I use a simple runny peanut butter when making this banana smoothie. However, you could also leave out the natural peanut butter and instead use peanut butter powder. Itll still have the delicious peanut butter taste but with less fat and calories ).
Yogurt Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links with which I may earn a small commission but at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to provide you with free content. All opinions expressed here are genuine.
If I had to choose one smoothie to have every single day on repeat, this would be the one. I dont know about you, but I love dessert-flavored smoothies and the combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana hits the spot every time. I recommend freezing a bunch of bananas to keep on hand for when you crave this recipe. This Yogurt Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie tastes like a chocolate peanut butter cup and youll never know that its a healthy, nutritionally balanced breakfast or snack.
You May Like: Making A Smoothie With Fresh Fruit
Ingredients To Make Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter: Use an all-natural peanut butter, and one that is without any sort of added sweeteners. The goal here is to have a peanut butter in which the flavor really shines through. Peanut butter is loaded with protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you feeling satiated. You could switch the peanut butter out for another nut butter. Its also really easy to make your own peanut butter!
- Bananas: The bananas add that delicious, ice cream like texture, and that nice amount of sweetness and flavor. It brings the high potassium, fiber and satiety that only a banana seems to deliver.
- Almond Milk: The almond milk is used as a liquid base that makes it extra creamy. Low in calories and low in fat, almond milk can be pretty nutritious to add to your smoothies as compare to regular milk.
- Greek Yogurt: The yogurt adds a thick creamy texture and great protein to the peanut butter banana smoothie to help keep you full.
- Oats: Use rolled oats or quick oats to help bulk up the smoothie so it has almost a milkshake-like consistency. Oats also add wholesome good-for-you fiber for gut-health.