How To Make Smoothies At Home
The process of making smoothies is quite easy. It means that you do not need any manual to prepare various smoothies that are made using the blender. So, most people have developed the notion that only the blender can be used in making smoothies.
The process only entails five steps, which you have to follow to the latter. They include:
Slimming Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes
Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes Slimming smoothie recipes to help manage hunger levels and increase calorie burn, learn how to make at home.
Weight loss smoothie recipes are typically designed to accomplish two goals: 1) suppress appetite and 2) increase calorie burn. While substituting a healthy smoothie for unhealthy meals will passively help you to skinny up, active weight loss management through targeted smoothie ingredients is more effective and decreases the amount of time it takes to drop those unwanted pounds. In addition, a properly designed smoothie diet also saturates your body with healthy nutrients and antioxidants that promote the elimination of toxins and enhance overall well-being
Spinach Banana Protein Smoothie
- Protein powder
This wholesome and filling spinach banana smoothie is a great breakfast that keeps you full until lunch. The delicious almond butter, Greek yogurt and banana beautifully cover the bitter taste of the spinach and add a rich creamy texture to it.
The resistant starches in banana slow down the digestion process and this help to feed the healthy gut bacteria which in turn suppress appetite and promote weight loss. Bananas also prevent bloating and flatulence. Both almond butter and Greek yogurt act is rich sources of protein that supports lean muscle mass and helps to burn calories.
Get the full recipe from garnishwithlemon
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Box Seats
Metabolism Boosting Green Smoothie
This is a twist on a classic green smoothie recipe. Its a spinach smoothie recipe which blends perfectly with the delicious flavors of strawberry and oranges . Smoothies with spinach are some of my favorite green smoothie recipes.
The metabolism boosting secret is the almond milk, which contains extra protein and creaminess. Studies have shown that protein increases the thermic effect of food due to the extra calories required to digest it. This causes a rise in your metabolic rate .
For A Running Start To The Day
If you want to make sure that you get a nutritious and active start to the day, then some nutritionists recommend that you go for a non-dairy breakfast smoothie. The good carbs and sugar in the mixed berries will help get you alert and kickstart your metabolism while the protein gives you the energy you need to get a running start.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Protein Powder
Unlock The Power Of Green Tea
Make enough green tea to fill up your cup after adding the ingredients here and you will be able to help burn those calories right down. Green tea has been highly recommended for its weight loss properties for a long time, not to mention the antioxidants that can keep your body healthy in a variety of ways, including helping you fight the signs of aging. There are plenty of other smoothies you can add green tea to for much the same effect.
How To Use Mct Oil
There are so many ways, yet the key is to start with a SUPER small amount! This stuff is potent and can cause some serious diarrhea if you take too much. Yep, I just said that. When it comes to using it, here are my personal favs:
- Put it in your coffee: I put 1 teaspoon in my coffee every morning. Combined with 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, this Rawkstar Coffee keeps me full + energized until my mid-morning green smoothie.
- Add it to your smoothies: MCT oil benefits that smoothie in SO many ways. Don’t like the taste of coconut oil? Then try this out instead!
- Add it to salad dressing: When making an olive oil-based salad dressing, swap out some of the olive oil for MCT oil. It also works great in salad dressings that have apple cider vinegar in them .
Pro tip: If you add in 1 teaspoon of MCT oil and 2 tbs chia seeds to any of our classic green smoothie recipes, you can instantly transform it into a meal replacement green smoothie. If you’re looking for a starter smoothie to soak up those MCT benefits, then try out this digestion boost smoothie below.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
Spinach Cucumber Cooling Detox Smoothie
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
How To Prepare
- Spinach is an excellent source of nutrition. It protects you from various types of cancer, macular degeneration, and strengthens bones .
- Cucumbers are rich in lignans such as pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and secoisolariciresinol that improve cardiovascular health. The cucurbitacins A, B, C, D, and E help to fight cancer .
- Mint is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, and minerals such as magnesium, iron, and calcium. It supports the digestive system, prevents microbial infection, and prevents cell damage .
- Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, which protects against rheumatoid arthritis, supports digestion, and fights mouth, breast, skin, and colon cancer .
- Cumin seeds are rich in iron and help in the formation of red blood cells and aid digestion and weight loss .
Garlic & Spinach Detox Smoothie
- Spinach is a highly nutritious food. It fights against cancer, strengthens bones, and prevents macular degeneration .
- Garlic helps to fight cancer, metabolize iron, and prevent microbial infections .
- Sweet corns are rich in carotenoids, fiber, and vitamins that help to regulate blood sugar levels and support digestion .
- Lime is very helpful in regulating digestion. It helps with gastritis, heartburn, and constipation .
How To Prepare
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating View
Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
This vegan recipe will have you drooling for more! Its vegan, low calorie, and delicious! What makes it different than any regular strawberry smoothie? The secret is in a butter extract that gives it a rich pastry flavor while keeping it low in calories. If you feel like leaving your chair to blend this one up right away, you are in good company.
Healthy Whey Protein Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
If youre looking to add protein smoothies to your weight loss journey, its vital to pack every drink with just the right amount of protein, nutrients, and energy-boosting ingredients without going overboard with calories and sugar.
Paired with exercise, meal planning, and portion control, the following whey protein smoothie recipes will help you feel satisfied, boost your weight loss efforts, increase energy and help you recover from your workouts faster.
You May Like: Smoothies For Depression And Anxiety
Tips For A Metabolism Boosting Breakfast Smoothie
- I keep bananas, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, and berries in my freezer at all times so I can always make a delicious smoothie. I also like to freeze greens like spinach, so I can always have them on hand.
- Remember to buy your bananas green and freeze them before they ripen for the lowest sugar content and highest resistant starch content.
- I love Biochem Natural Whey Protein Powder. Its grass-fed whey, and its unflavored, meaning to artificial flavors or sweeteners. Keeping chemicals OUT of your diet is as important to your metabolism as what you keep IN your diet! Sub this whey with any vegan or paleo protein supplement if you have those dietary needs.
- Other ideas to boost the protein, if youd prefer not to use a protein supplement, are hemp seeds and chia seeds. Both are great vegan sources of protein, are easily digested, and add protein and fiber, in addition to omega 3s.
Drinking Protein Smoothies With A Hiit Workout Will Shred Fat Fast
#3 Banana Bread Smoothie
Andrew is like many of us. Busy with handling his family and his work.
Short of time in the morning, instead of eating leftover pizzas, he prepares this tasty banana bread smoothie with a whopping 34 grams of protein.
If you are a fan of banana and need something healthier in the morning, then what are you waiting for?
#4 Peanut Butter, Banana, and Strawberry Smoothie
Angela shares with us her power-packed protein smoothie with peanut butter, banana and strawberries.
She introduces us to a new collagen protein but if you cant find it around, you can still use your favorite protein powder in the mix.
#5 Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This healthy smoothie recipe from Deanna is perfect for the fall season, plus it packs a punch of protein that we need to build muscle each day.
If you love pumpkin flavored everything, try this easy pumpkin smoothie recipe!
#8 Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
This Chocolate Cherry Smoothie is a delicious combo of sweet, tart, creamy and chocolaty in a healthy drink that tastes like an indulgent dessert.
Courtesy of Catalina, who created this tasty recipe.
Recipe from 30 Minutes Meals
#9 Apple Cinnamon Protein Smoothie
Usher in fall with this healthy Apple Cinnamon Protein Smoothie. Give this apple and cinnamon protein smoothie a try!
#10 Iced Coffee Protein Shake
Coffee in the morning, anyone?
You can drink this even before a workout or as a meal replacement.
You May Like: King Center Seating Chart Melbourne
Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
The best way to slim down, without missing out on the right nutrients, is by focusing on your diet. A great addition to it is fresh homemade smoothies. These blends of fresh fruits and vegetables are the perfect vehicle for low-cal yet nutrient-rich ingredients that keep you satiated for long. A good mix of protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats along with vitamins and nutrients should be used to create a well-balanced smoothie.
Tangy Belly Fat Burner
- Carrots are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that help to protect against poor vision, atherosclerosis, and cancer .
- Oranges are a good source of vitamin C that helps boost immunity and lose weight .
- Leeks contain a substantial amount of polyphenols that help to reduce weight, protects against diabetes, allergies, and rheumatoid arthritis .
- Ginger is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and has anti-inflammatory properties. It aids digestion and works effectively against motion sickness and nausea .
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and it increases the levels of enzymes that help in fat metabolism .
Also Check: Power Punch Plus Recipe
Dark Chocolate Banana Nut
If you want your weight loss smoothies to taste like dessert, this recipe should be your go-to. Four words that combine to sound like a jam session at Ben & Jerry’s house. The density of the banana will have you convinced you’re drinking a milkshake, while the omega-3s in the walnuts will keep your mind sharp and your belly lean.
- Â½ banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- â cup plant-based chocolate protein powder
- Water to blend
NUTRITION: 280 calories / 3 g fat / 31 g carbs / 7 g fiber / 9 g sugar / 31 g protein”
Nutty & Chocolatey Weight Loss Smoothies
Have you ever heard of the “health halo”? It’s a term nutrition experts use to describe foods that use a healthy-sounding word like natural on their labels, or add ingredients that people think of as good for you , but which are really junk at heart.
These smoothies are the reverse of that theory. These drinks are tremendously nutritiousâpacked with as much, or more, fiber, protein, and healthy fats as any other drinks in the whole book. But they seem like they’re bad for you. How can drinks that seem like they came right from the ice cream shop flatten your belly so effectively?
These are the drinks you’ll whip up on a night when you want something to satisfy your ice cream jones. They’re the recipes you’ll lean on when your kids are complaining that they want something sweet for dessert. And they’re the drinks you’ll use to reward yourself after a hard day at work or in the gym. Deep, comforting, and delicious, these filling smoothies taste more like dessert than what they really areâpowerful weight-loss weapons, compliments of the new book, Zero Belly Smoothies.
All recipes make one serving.
Recommended Reading: Night Time Smoothies
Pineapple Blackberry Chia Smoothie Bowl
Not all smoothie bowls are created equal. Meet your new power breakfast. There are no added sweeteners or milk in this pineapple blackberry chia smoothie bowl. The ingredients used in this recipe are rich in powerful antioxidants and packed with essential nutrients. Pineapple is an unusually high source of vitamin C. One cup of fresh pineapple chunks contains more than 100% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C. When it comes to blackberries, the nutrient list is extensive. Blackberries are also an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber. For added protein, calcium and omega-3 fats, I have included chia in this recipe. A well balanced low-calorie smoothie that takes minutes to prepare.
In This Green Smoothie Diet Article You Will Find:
- What is a Green Smoothie?
- Green Smoothie Benefits
- How to make a Green Smoothie
- The 10 Best Green Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
- 2 Free Green Smoothie Diet Plans
- More information on Green Smoothies and Green Smoothie diets
Find all the information you will need to start a green smoothie diet below
Don’t Miss: Healthiest Smoothie From Smoothie King
Blueberry Protein Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie
As registered dietitians and personal trainers we feel lucky to work with so many awesome clients. Most want to have some fun and enjoy indulging but also know when its time to get back on track and tighten the reignsand trust us, these twin sisters get it! Yes, its not just our clients who at times feel like they need to undo the damage from overindulging or just falling off the healthy track. We, too have times when we just want to undo the damage that we did over a day or so away from our veggie-packed kitchens. Thats why we created this Blueberry Protein Weight Loss Breakfast smoothie to get your mind and body back on the fast track to slimwhile losing the bloat and feeling satisfied!
While our clients love getting right back on track by sipping our Kale Recharge and Detox Smoothie, Raspberry Ginger Detox or our Detoxifying Green Tea Smoothie , theyre loving this new Blueberry Protein Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie as much as we are! Aside from it being the perfect way to reboot the body , this smoothie tastes yummy, so its ideal when your mind and taste buds arent feeling like theyre ready to dive in to very bland foods that many people believe are the only foods allowed when theyre trying to cleanse the body from the damage of overindulgence. Admittedly, especially when we just get back from a vacay, our minds are still a little in la-la land and our taste buds want to be tantalized and thats when this healthy, cleansing number really does the trick!
Best Vegetable Smoothies For Weight Loss
Vegetable smoothiesgreen, earthy, stuffed to the gunnels with raw kaleis your mouth watering yet?
Probably not and thats where we come in, with healthy vegetable smoothie recipes that are as nutritious as they are delicious.
You can drink vegetable smoothies for weight loss, as part of a healthy diet, or just because you fancy blasting through your five a day in scrummy liquid form!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie For Depression
How To Freeze Peanut Butter
If Im being honest, no matter how big the jar, peanut butter does not last long in our household. A spoonful here, a spoonful there and its gone before you know it. However, if you make a really big batch of my natural peanut butter or you want to make it easier for these smoothie freezer packs to just dump into the blender, add milk, and blend, you can easily freeze peanut butter.
Peanut butter has a very high oil and low moisture levels and very good news holds up very well in the freezer. Defrosted peanut butter tastes pretty much the same as the one you took directly off your shelf.
Instead of freezing an entire jar, split the peanut butter into smaller portions and freeze separately. I always do it using ice cube trays, its simple and easy. Later just grab a cube and pop it into your smoothie. Perfect!