Why We Love This Recipe
- Refined sugar-free. Made with unsweetened dairy-free milk and yogurt ensures its free from refined sugars and lets you control the sweetener.
- Healthy snack or light meal. Full of nutrients , this smoothie can be served as a light breakfast, snack, or pick-me-up any time of day.
- Quick & easy. Its ready as fast as you can gather the ingredients and blend!
What Protein Powder Is Best For Smoothies
Eeeeverybody has their opinion on protein powder. We talk a lot about our favorite protein powders in this Guide to the Best Protein Powder. However, taste buds, dietary restrictions, and definitions of clean eating are so different for everyone!
Personally, we love SFH Pure Whey Vanilla Protein Powder for whey protein and Garden of Life Raw Organic Vanilla Protein Powder for our vegan protein option. They taste great in smoothies and both have clean ingredient labels.
What Protein Powder Should I Use for This Smoothie? Great news is, ANY vanilla protein powder will work for this smoothie. You do you and use your favorite protein in this triple berry smoothie! We support you completely.
How Will This Breakfast Smoothie Make Your Life Easier
We all need a good and easy smoothie recipe in our back pocket. This berry smoothie with granola is super easy, made with ingredients you may already have, and it’s adaptable-meaning you can just ingredients that you have already.
This smoothie recipe makes one serving, so you won’t be left with another serving if you’re making breakfast for one.
Plus with the addition of granola, the berry smoothie with granola is more filling breakfast than most smoothies. This Strawberry Banana PB Smoothie and Wild Blueberry Tea Smoothie are also great smoothie recipes.
Don’t Miss: Best Seats At Smoothie King Center
Mixed Berry Smoothie Variation
There are a few more ways to make this breakfast berry smoothie, these options just add extra nutrients in addition to the original smoothie recipe.
- Protein powder– You can add any protein powder as per diet restrictions. Which will add extra protein anywhere from 20 gram to 30 gram extra to this smoothie. My plain berry smoothie was already enough sweet due to which I skipped adding it. Just add 1 scoop of protein powder to make it a complete healthy breakfast smoothie.
- Nut butter– Adding nut butter is a great idea for healthy fats. Which will make this smoothie Paleo & whole 30 approved.
- Nuts– Cashew, almond, pistachio are good addition to it.
- Sweetener– If you want to make a smoothie without adding a banana then add 3 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup or agave syrup. 2 teaspoon of stevia or monks fruit will also work.
- Yogurt– You can add cup of greek yogurt in place of almond milk to make it thick and get few grams of protein extra.
- Spinach– To make it fiber-rich add 1 cup of spinach. However, my kids are fussy over the green color smoothies.
- Seeds– Chia seeds, hemp seeds, & flax seeds are rich in omega-3, and other micro nutrients. So 1 tablespoon of these seeds will add extra nutrition.
- Make it keto-friendly– Add ½ avocado to make it keto friendly.
Why You Will Love Berry Smoothie
- Easy & Quick– Made with 4 ingredients this mixed berry smoothie with almond milk is simple, quick n easy to make. If all ingredients are avalable you can whip up quickly and a quick snack or breakfast is ready in no time.
- Healthy & Sugar-free– This smoothie is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, whole30, and fits in macrofriendly diet. Sweetened with banana, it is naturally sweet and brings out tons of flavors together. Healthy fats coming from chia seeds that helps to complete your fat macro. Overall this mixed berry smoothie with almond milk is one of the healthy snack recipe.
- Kids friendly– This smoothie recipe with almond milk is kids-approved. No fuss and kids enjoy it happily. Isn’t so much fun to make a family friendly smoothie as well.
Also Check: Dannon Light And Fit Protein Smoothie
Adding Extra Nutrition To This Berry Smoothie:
You can enhance this berry smoothie even more by adding additional nutritious ingredients to really make it your own. Here are a few suggestions that you can add if youd like:
chia seeds: feel free to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats and fiber.
hemp seeds: if youve been wondering what to do with those hemp seeds lurking in your cupboard, feel free to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
oats: to add a little heartiness to your smoothie and to help thicken it, feel free to add in 1/3 cup oats. Do not use steel cut oats as they will not blend well.
frozen cauliflower: feel free to throw in a cup of frozen cauliflower to thicken your smoothie and get extra veggies in, especially if you opt for fresh berries instead of frozen. You wont even be able to taste it!
Triple Berry Smoothie With Yogurt
Full of juicy berries, this Triple Berry Smoothie with Yogurt is the perfect nutritious breakfast to start you and your kids day! Its fruity, creamy, and packed with nutrition.
One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh berries available. Especially here in Louisiana, where locally grown strawberries are ruby red and juicier than any fruit youll ever try. It makes me even more thankful to live in a place with such tasty food!
Since summer is basically just a time for me to figure out how to eat the most amount of berries I possibly can, I have to get creative with recipes. My favorite? Smoothies! I love freezing fresh berries and throwing them in the blender for creamy, refreshing smoothies.
Recommended Reading: How Much Do Smoothie King Workers Make
Ingredients To Make Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Mixed berries: You can use fresh or frozen mixed berries, but I prefer to use frozen since they give the drink a thick and creamy texture without using ice. The berries add lots of Vitamin C to this smoothie recipe.
- Bananas: Again, you can use fresh or frozen bananas, but its easier on the blender if not all the fruit is frozen.
- Greek Yogurt: It adds creaminess and a good source of protein to the mixed berry smoothie. But you can substitute more milk or a vegan yogurt if you prefer.
- Almond Butter: This is a great option for adding extra fat and fiber to the smoothie. Nut butters can really enrich the nutrition of a smoothie to make them more satiating.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk that youd like or you can even use water if youd prefer. You just need some liquid to get the blender going.
Put all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste the smoothie and add more mixed berries if its too thin or additional milk if it is too thick. You can also add some sweetener if you prefer it to be sweeter. The recipe makes enough for two 12 ounce cups, which is whats pictured.
What better way to level up your health than with a fresh and delicious meal-in-a-glass! Frozen banana, almond butter and almond milk add the perfect amount of creaminess with a zest of nutty flavor to my family-adored triple berry smoothie.
Yogurt Berry Smoothie Ingredients
One thing I love about smoothies is that you can easily mix and match ingredients based on what you have on hand. However, they can start to all taste the same if you stick to the same old ingredients. This Berry Yogurt Smoothie is made with no orange juice which gives it a fresh flavor that kids will love, even if theyve already have a couple of smoothies this week.
Heres what you need for this Triple Berry Smoothie with Yogurt
- Frozen berries Pick your favorite blend of flavors. Mine is strawberry, raspberry, bluebbery!
- Milk or water This yogurt smoothie does need a little bit of extra liquid, but if youre going for a dairy-free berry smoothie you can easily sub the milk out and use water because youll still have the creaminess of the Greek yogurt as your smoothie base.
- Greek yogurt This smoothie add-in is high in protein and provides the perfect creamy texture to your berry smoothie.
- Banana I always keep mine frozen so they stay good long enough for smoothies, but any banana will add just the right amount of flavor balance to this recipe.
- Spinach While this ingredient is optional, its a great way to skyrocket the nutritional value of this berry yogurt smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Mielle Curl Smoothie
Berry Yogurt Smoothie Ingredients
Berries: It all starts with frozen berries. Any type will do. As you can see, Ive used a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. It was a berry mix that I picked up in the grocery stores freezer section. Any combination works well here. Mix and match your favorites, or use all of one kind if you prefer.
Yogurt: Next, add in your unsweetened non-dairy yogurt of choice. Use plain or vanilla flavored. If using the plain flavor, you may like to add a splash of vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon of ground vanilla to the mixture before mixing.
Banana: To add a banana or not? Ive made this smoothie both ways, with and without a banana, and I must say the one with the banana was the better of the two. I used a room temp banana, which added extra creaminess and made it slightly less icy. It will also add some bulk and extra added nutrition. If you have one on hand, by all means, add it in!
Non-Dairy Milk: Lastly, youll want to add about ½ cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk or water to help get everything moving in the mixer, adding an extra splash or two as needed.
Toppings: Some optional toppings to consider are frozen berries, granola, cocoa nibs, and coconut flakes, to name a few.
Why This Recipe Works
This smoothie couldnt be easier to make. Just throw everything into your blender and go! It literally takes just minutes.
This is a smooth and creamy beverage with just the right amount of fresh berry sweetness. Its perfect for breakfast or a cool treat on a hot summer day.
Its low in calories and has only 15 new carbs per serving.
You May Like: Smoothie Center Seating Chart
How To Thicken A Smoothie
Be mindful when choosing a smoothie base. Use yogurt for a thicker smoothie and add dense and creamy fruits like bananas, avocados or steamed and frozen cauliflower. You can also add a few tablespoons of raw oats to thicken a smoothie.
If youre a little anxious improvising in the kitchen, start with smoothies. You can add and adjust as you go, a little more milk, a dash of vanilla extract, dates or honey for sweetness.
I provided measurements here, but the truth is, a smoothie is the kind of dish that you can eyeball.
Tips To Make This Berry Smoothie
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart
Triple Berry Smoothie Ingredients:
Minimal ingredients are key to a super amazing smoothie, in my opinion. If I can keep things under five ingredients, and still hit that crazy good flavor combo, I consider it a win. This recipe falls firmly into that category with only FOUR base ingredients and a few potential add-ins.
- Berries We typically purchase a bag of frozen mixed berries from our grocery store. BUT We have also tossed together whatever berries we have on hand. Our favorite combination is blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Banana Using a very ripe banana adds a touch of sweetness which helps lessen the need to add sugar. We also arent huge fans of banana flavor, but the strong berries overpower the banana making it super subtle.
- Milk Confession, we use regular ol 2% OR coconut milk. Both are good but the coconut milk boosts the flavor to the next level. Im sure almond milk would taste fantastic as well!
- Yogurt You can get pretty creative with the type of yogurt you use. If I am making this for myself, I stick with plain Greek yogurt . If I am making a larger batch to share with my kid I like to reach for peach Greek yogurt. Really, any yogurt you use is going to taste great.
- Additional add-ins A handful of spinach or tablespoon of chia seeds are items we occasionally like to toss in.
Reasons Youll Love This Triple Berry Smoothie Recipe
Also Check: Smoothie King Job Positions
How To Make A Berry Smoothie
Its effortless to make a smoothie with frozen fruit. If you only have fresh fruit, place them on a plate in your freezer for a couple of hours. You can do this the night before making a smoothie or even in the morning if youre planning to have a smoothie for an afternoon snack.
Three Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk Recipe
This three berry smoothie with almond milk is a delicious creamy combination of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries mixed with yogurt. A treat to your tastebuds!
Smoothies are one of my favorite breakfasts, especially when Im in a hurry. Theyre quick and delicious, easy to bring with me, and a fantastic way to pack in the protein, fruits, and veggies first thing in the morning.
We started on a smoothie kick a few years ago. While we had obviously had smoothies prior, it wasnt really a thing.
But we went to Florida and came back ready to go smoothie crazy. After a handful of nights waking up to the infomercials about superfoods and crazy blenders, we came back excited to really get into smoothies.
And equally excited to finally put our Ninja to use.
One of our favorite smoothies to make is this three berry smoothie. Its a huge hit amongst the three of us. It is by far my favorite mixed berry smoothie recipe with yogurt and weve tried quite a few!)
But the funny thing is, this berry smoothie with milk was first created from what we had left in the house. We didnt want things to go bad and our options were pretty limited as we had flown through all of our regular smoothie ingredients.
So while this three berry smoothie came out of a little bit of desperation, its now in our regular rotation of quick smoothies because it was that good.
Before I get to the delicious three berry smoothie recipe itself, I wanted to talk about our blender real quick.
Don’t Miss: Raspberry Sunrise Smoothie King
Supplies To Prepare This Triple Berry Smoothie Recipe
- A powerful blender Ive owned a Vitamix for over 7 years and love it. If you want a cheaper option than Ninjas also work great for smoothies. Check out my best blenders for smoothies post for more options.
- A bottle brush a bottle brush helps to clean leftover smoothie from the blender base and mason jars.
Mixed Berry + Yogurt Smoothie
Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie recipe is a delicious blend of frozen berries, vegan vanilla yogurt, plant milk and makes a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Summer is in high gear here in Southern California. In fact, weve hit a few record highs this year!
Im back with this Mixed Berry Smoothie with yogurt, and its a delicious non-dairy frosty idea to cool you down and make your taste buds happy.
Read Also: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
How To Make Berry Smoothie Without Banana
Bananas are high in carbs and using them in a low carb smoothie its not possible. To make a berry smoothie without banana we use a ripe avocado instead. Although it has a different flavor profile and color than banana it gives our smoothie a creamy and thick texture.
To replace banana in a smoothie you can use:
- Greek Yogurt
Triple Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk
This triple berry smoothie is made with almond milk and no bananas. It’s the perfect creamy, satisfying breakfast or snack. And, it only takes 5 minutes to make this ultra healthy treat!
You might think it’s difficult to make a creamy breakfast smoothie without using bananas or yogurt. But this berry smoothie recipe is here to prove you wrong.
Everyone loves a smoothie. One of my favorites is this avocado smoothie. Made correctly, a good smoothie is like a healthy gelato you can eat for breakfast . But, not everyone loves bananas or yogurt, and lots of smoothie recipes use exactly that to achieve a creamy consistency.
The secret to achieving that sought after creaminess, is to use the correct ration of frozen berries to almond milk. I’m going to show you how to make a cold, creamy berry smoothie with almond milk – no bananas in sight!
You’ll Love This Smoothie If:
- You love berries
- You want a vegan smoothie recipe that’s healthy and easy to make on busy mornings.
- You don’t like bananas, but still want a creamy smoothie
- You want a smoothie that has no yogurt in it.
- You’re looking for a healthy breakfast smoothie that both kids and adults love.
You May Like: Proti Vlc Smoothie Base Mix