Top 3 Tips For A Perfect Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Check it out!
What Kind Of Yogurt Should You Use In Smoothies
You should use plain Greek yogurt that has more grams of protein than sugar.
Using plain, unsweetened, unflavored Greek yogurt gives you the good fat content you want from yogurt, but without added sugar.
Because you are blending the yogurt with fruit, there really is no need for additional sugar. It will be sweet enough just with fruit.
Plain Chobani yogurt is one of our favorites to add to smoothies!
However, if you find you need to sweeten your smoothie, I recommend adding a little bit of honey or agave nectar for a natural sweetener.
How To Make Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Add everything to your blend and blend on high until smooth.
You can adjust the consistency as needed by adding a little water or milk to help thin your smoothie out. Or if you want to thicken your smoothie, you can add more fruit.
I recommend adding in a little bit at a time so you can slowly adjust the texture to your preference.
Read Also: Smoothie King Box Office
Ingredients Needed To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It doesnt get much easier than this! You only need a few simple ingredients:
- frozen banana frozen banana is the key to making smoothies with a creamy, thick texture. Just be sure to freeze your banana before you want to make this smoothie.
- strawberries I like to use fresh strawberries when theyre in season because I feel like theyre sweeter, but frozen strawberries work too and will make the smoothie extra thick.
- milk I like to use unsweetened almond milk, but any milk will do.
- yogurt adding a little yogurt boosts the protein and makes this smoothie more filling. I like using Greek yogurt in mine.
- honey this is optional, but it does help balance out the tart yogurt flavor.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Strawberries
If you didnt know it already, strawberries are a cholesterol free, fat free, sodium free, low calorie fruit. Strawberries also contain a lot of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and a ton of other vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are loaded with potassium so if you ever get a leg cramp, try eating some strawberries!
Don’t Miss: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Conditioner
Kids Love This Smoothie
All 8 of my kids love this smoothie recipe. They really do. I have one that hates smoothies. Fruit scares him and he even admitted that he likes this yogurt strawberry banana smoothie.
It was so good, my Dakota had to finish the leftovers straight out of the blender. I would say this is definitely a winner!
You need a good blender.
Now that we have talked all about these strawberry smoothies, make sure you invest in a good blender.
I have a Vitamix and I love it. It is old and is still going on strong. It is quite the investment to get one, but it is one investment that wont disappoint. It will be the last blender you ever had to buy. Amazon has several of them on sale right now for a great price.
Now if a Vitamix isnt in your budget, then I recommend a Waring professional blender. They are going to get the job done. Now they are not as great as a Vitamix, but they are the next best for a much more reasonable cost. Amazon has several Waring blenders on sale right now.
Either way, I know you will be able to enjoy a delicious and smooth fruit smoothie with one of these blenders.
Benefits Of Greek Yogurt
I love Greek yogurt for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, it is an excellent source of protein and I usually buy full fat Greek yogurt to get all those healthy fats as well.
Pro tip: low-fat and fat-free products typically swap fat for sugar to make sure it still tastes good! Ill take fat over sugar any day. Its also loaded with probiotics which is important for a healthy gut and immune system!
Recommended Reading: Power Punch Plus Recipe
Ingredients For Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For this recipe you will need these ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries I love buying strawberries when they are in season and freezing them myself, but if you dont have any or they are not in season, use any frozen berry you have on hand.
- Frozen bananas Bananas are one of my favorite fruit to add to smoothies, it adds sweetness and creaminess.
- Milk or water You can use any milk youd like if you decide to go with the milk option. The smoothie will be more rich if you use milk instead of water.
- Greek yogurt Greek yogurt adds creaminess and whole lot of protein to this healthy smoothie recipe.
- Sugar free whipped cream- This is an optional ingredients, but if you want to make a show stopped smoothie, definitely go for it. Top your smoothie with whipped cream and a strawberry slice for a super pretty look.
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are so EASY to make. Simply place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth! I use this blender and I love it! A good blender really is key for making sure all of the ingredients get blended up well. You dont want a chunky smoothie, you want a nice and creamy smoothie:)
Pour into a glass or jar and enjoy! I like to use these reusable straws.
Read Also: Peach Slice Plus Smoothie King Recipe
Variations And Substitutions For Strawberry Smoothie With Yogurt And Banana
- Dont have Greek yogurt? Feel free to sub in regular plain yogurt or kefir, just keep in mind that the protein content will be reduced.
- Want to make it dairy-free? Sub in a dairy-free yogurt like coconut or almond yogurt and be sure to use a dairy-free milk alternative like almond milk, rice or soy milk.
- Want to make it gluten-free? Use certified gluten-free oats or leave them out altogether.
- Want to make it sweeter? Add a bit of honey or maple syrup.
- Want some extra protein? Add some additional Greek yogurt or a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Would you like a healthy, balanced smoothie that tastes like a dessert? Here is my strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe that gives you just that. Its high in protein and vitamins, low in fat, and most carbs come from fresh fruit. The best thing is that its absolutely delightful. My kids love it. They say it tastes like melted fruit gelato. There is nothing better than starting a day with this healthy and nutritious drink.
I like to use a lot of strawberries in this smoothie. Strawberries are delicious on their own, and the extra berries really make this smoothie shine. I use two heaping cups of fresh strawberries per one cup of yogurt and one banana.
Plain Greek yogurt adds a bit of tartness. Adding two teaspoons of honey, maple syrup or white sugar will balance it out. If you like your smoothie even sweeter, add another teaspoon or two.
What blender you use to make this smoothie really matters. To liquefy the ingredients in this recipe you need a powerful blender, like the ever popular, super-duper Vitamix 5200 Series blender, which claims to spin the blades at 37,000 RPM at peak power.
If you have a standard blender, you may need to add half a cup of your favorite juice to achieve the desired consistency.
To make the smoothie a little thicker you can add a cup of ice cubes. Ice is also a welcome addition on hot summer days, making the smoothie very refreshing.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Can This Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Yogurt Be Made In Advance
It can be, however, I generally find that it tastes best when you drink it fresh. It tends to thin out a bit if left in the fridge for a few hours since the fruit thaws out and doesnt have that same refreshing taste and consistency.
If you choose to make it ahead of time, you may wish to add a couple of ice cubes to the mixture and blend it up again to thicken up the texture.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Tours
Why Is This The Best Strawberry And Banana Smoothie
We love this strawberry banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
What Ingredients Do You Need For A Fruit Smoothie
The best part about smoothies is you really can use whatever you have on hand.
But the types of ingredients that should be used are frozen fruit like strawberries, bananas, mango and pineapple.
You can also throw in frozen veggies too to make a green smoothie.
Second, your liquids like plain Greek yogurt, your favorite type of milk or even juice are key to help it blend especially if youre using frozen fruit.
You May Like: Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds
Make It Creamy And Thick
Creating a creamy smoothie texture involves frozen ingredients, starchy fruit, healthy fats, and fiber-rich oats. Bananas naturally contain starch that releases when blended.
The yogurt and almonds have rich fats that incorporate into the mix. When dried oats get finely chopped, their fibers help with thickening. These ingredients suspend with the frozen fruit particles to creates the optimal texture.
Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie
May 15, 2021
Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie exceptionally creamy smoothie with subtle vanilla flavor.
One of the most beautiful parts of spring is abundance of strawberries. Whether eaten fresh with just a little bit of whipped cream, or as a part of a cake or dessert, they always delight kids and grown-ups equally.
Today I combined fresh strawberries with banana and Greek yogurt in a rich and velvety smoothie. I usually make smoothies with milk, but this time I wanted something even thicker and creamier. It turned out to be not only my breakfast, but lunch, too.
Greek yogurt adds healthy probiotics to our diet while it also improves consistency of smoothie and ads creaminess. If you prefer thinner smoothie, you can add some milk to the mixture.
Of course, other ingredients can be added to this smoothie, depending on your taste.
Easy to make, dessert-worthy breakfast or snack, Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie can be enjoyed in every opportunity by anyone who loves sweet fruit and creamy texture.
You May Like: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
How Is This Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Yogurt Healthy
All natural and fresh ingredients make this smoothie healthy.
- Fat-free greek yogurt is rich in calcium and vitamin B12.
- Strawberries are full of antioxidants, vitamin C and manganese with low glycemic index .
- And bananas are a powerhouse of vitamin B6, with a good amount of fiber, vitamin C and manganese .
How To Meal Prep Your Smoothies In Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.
Read Also: Tastiest Smoothie King Smoothies
Can I Use Fresh Strawberries And/or Frozen Bananas
If you do use fresh strawberries, I would recommend using frozen banana chunks.
If you want to use all fresh fruit, you other option is to add ice, which I do not recommend. Why? It waters down the taste of the smoothie. So be sure and use at least some frozen fruit to get the best taste.
If you use frozen everything, it usually becomes too thick and tough to blend. When I have done this in the past, I end up adding more almond milk, which again, waters down the fruity taste. So I like and recommend using a combination of frozen and fresh fruit best.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe Variations
This smoothie recipe is so versatile. Here are a few different ways that you can customize it.
Strawberry You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. Blueberries or raspberries would also work well. We also have a Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
Banana We havent tried this recipe without the banana but Im sure it would work find, it would just be less sweet.
YogurtNonfat greek yogurt is a great way to add protein and richness to smoothies for a low amount of calories. You can substitute with dairy free yogurt or full fat yogurt. You can also skip the yogurt, but may need a little bit more milk.
Milk Any milk will work in this recipe. Almond, Dairy, or other non dairy milks will all work.
Protein Powder Protein powder isnt necessary but it is recommended for this recipe. The added protein will help keep you full, rather than this just being blended fruit . Any protein powder will work. We like this protein powder best.
Frozen Fruit You can substitute frozen fruit for fresh fruit. Substitute 1:1.
Other Add Ins Feel free to add in other nuts or seeds to this recipe. Chia or flax seeds would make a great addition!
Greens We love to add a handful of spinach or kale to this recipe. You cant taste it and its delicious. You could also try our Immunity Smoothie
Frozen Cauliflower: Frozen cauliflower is relatively tasteless and helps thicken smoothies. Its also a great way to add in sneaky veggies. 1/4 cup cauliflower rice will blend nicely in this recipe.
Recommended Reading: King Center Ticket Office
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothies
Creamy, refreshing, and satisfying, these Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothies are a delicious breakfast treat! Add fresh mint and ginger for a fun twist!
Last weekend, I found myself one Christmas cookie away from an uncomfortable breakup with my jeans. All of those holiday indulgences were delicious, but like many of us, I resolved to start the New Year on a lighter note.
Frozen fruit smoothies are a great way to add fruit to your diet, especially when fresh produce isnt at its peak. I like to add fresh mint leaves and ginger to these Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothies, for a fun, refreshing, and satisfying twist on a classic.
Smoothies always make me feel like a kid again. My mother and I often made fruit and yogurt smoothies for an after school treat in the 80s and early 90s. The base of this recipe has been my go-to ever since then.
Back in the day, Greek yogurt wasnt readily available in the US, so we always used plain yogurt in our smoothies. They were delicious, but once the Greek yogurt craze hit, I started making the substitution and havent looked back.
Low-fat Greek yogurt is a wonderful natural protein source. It also adds extra creaminess and a light tang to smoothies that balances the sweetness of the fruit well. I absolutely love it.
Fresh ginger and mint leaves are optional add-ins to this smoothie, but I think theyre a really lovely addition to the classic strawberry-banana pairing.
More recipes on the lighter side:
Are Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- This Greek yogurt smoothie can be good for weight loss because of its high protein content. The protein will help to keep you full, which will reduce the temptation to reach for that mid-morning snack.
- The delicious texture and flavor of smoothies can even satisfy a sweet tooth. Try this Greek yogurt smoothie for a low calorie, healthy dessert.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Calorie Counter
Smoothie With Greek Yogurt Ingredients
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1-2 tbsp honey
Note: If you do happen to use sweetened yogurt in the recipe, thats totally fine, but omit the honey. The banana and honey are what add the most sweetness to this smoothie recipe, so if you have more of a sweet tooth, feel free to add a bit more honey than what is called for.