Frozen Fruit Smoothie With Almond Milk
Theres a reason why almond milk is so popular these days. Its one of the most delicious and healthiest alternatives to cows milk. Almond milk doesnt contain cholesterol and is a good source of potassium. It also contains a good amount of heart-healthy fats. If you love almond milk as much as I do, check out these almond milk smoothie recipes. If you want to make your own healthy almond milk, here are the best blenders for almond milk.
What Youll Need:
Incorporating more fruits and veggies into your diet may help you lose weight, regain vitality, and live a healthier life. I hope these frozen fruit smoothie recipes will benefit you on your health journey. Smoothies can provide you with energy, help you regain strength, and make you look and feel better. Let these smoothie recipes be your starting point to living a more vibrant, happier, and healthier life! Do you have any smoothie recipes with frozen fruits youd like to share? Any questions about smoothies or these recipes? Ill be happy to help you out in the comments section below. To your health!
One Of The Best Fruit Smoothie Recipes
We love this frozen fruit smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 4 simple ingredients to make this smoothie recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can make this recipe your own with whatever fruit you have in your fridge or freezer
How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
This basic recipe will teach you How to Make ANY Fruit Smoothie using fresh and frozen ingredients! Once you learn this simple formula youll be able to mix it up with tropical fruits and berries, add in greens such as spinach or kale, and even make them vegan and dairy-free. And the best part? Only a few simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes are needed to make the best homemade smoothie!
You May Like: Best Smoothie Blender Consumer Reports
Don’t Miss: King Center Ticket Office
Layering Ingredients In The Proper Sequence
Adding ingredients into the blender in the right order is key for breaking down those tough, fibrous, leafy, or icy ingredients into a smooth consistency. According to Vitamix, this is the recommended way to layer in each ingredient, depending on the size of your kitchen blender:
- Large containers : First add any wet ingredients , followed by dry goods, leafy greens, fresh fruits/vegetables, then frozen ingredients last.
- Small containers : First add frozen ingredients, fresh fruits/vegetables, leafy greens, dry goods, and wet ingredients last.
Best Blenders For Smoothies
OK, youve got all of your smoothie ingredients prepped and ready to go, now how are you going to blend them up?
The key here is powerful.
You want to use a blender capable of completely mixing up all of the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
Here is a list of the best blenders for making fruit smoothies:
- Nutribullet A wonderful personal-sized blender option. Make sure you use the larger cup in order to fit all of the ingredients without going over the max fill line.
- Ninja Blender is also another great option!
Also Check: Different Types Of Smoothies To Make At Home
Also Check: Night Time Smoothie For Weight Loss
S To Make A Perfect Fruit Smoothie
No matter what kind of fruit smoothie recipe you are making, you can follow these steps.
Now that you have a great idea of making any fruit smoothie let’s look at how to make some of the most popular fruit smoothies.
How To Make Cherry Smoothie
Place ½ cup milk, 1 cup frozen pitted cherries, 1 large banana , ½ cup yogurt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into a high-speed blender.
Note Thaw the frozen cherries and banana for 5 minutes if they are too hard, to ease the blending process.
Blend until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into 2 serving glasses. Garnish with cherry and mint leaf and serve.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
Why Use Frozen Fruits In Smoothies
Its so convenient!
Most supermarkets sell frozen smoothie packs these days.
Theres no need to wash or cut the fruits. Everything is done for you already. Its a huge timesaver!
You wont even have to defrost the fruits before making smoothies. Just open the bag, add some to your blender and youre good.
Just because its convenient doesnt mean its less healthy!
Fruits are picked and frozen at peak ripeness. Studies show again and again that frozen fruits retain at least as many vitamins, minerals, as fresh fruits. Some fruits can even retain more vitamins when theyre frozen than when theyre bought fresh.
Using more frozen fruits also means less spoilage.
Frozen fruits are good for months, instead of just days. You can easily enjoy your favorite fruits at any time of the year.
Using frozen fruits actually makes your smoothies taste better.
Some people like to use ice cubes in their smoothies, I like using frozen fruits. A chilled smoothie simply tastes better, theres no question about it. Save the ice, and add some frozen fruits instead.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Be sure to check out my recipe collection for more healthy recipes. In addition to this sleep smoothie, there are a few more favorites, including my purple passion smoothie, my energizing tropical smoothie, and the heavy metal detox smoothie.
I also have some delicious juices and elixirs, and a boatload of healthy, plant-based recipes that the whole family will love. Be sure to check out all my recipes.
You May Like: Smoothie King Low Carb Options
Frozen Fruit Smoothie With Yogurt
This smoothie with frozen mixed fruits tastes so delicious. The mixed frozen fruits and apple juice give it a nice sweet flavor. The yogurt gives it the nice creamy texture we all crave in smoothies. I love using Greek yogurt in my smoothies. Greek yogurt contains almost two times the protein of regular yogurt and less than half the amount of sodium. For more delicious smoothie ideas, check out these healthy Greek yogurt smoothie recipes.
What Youll Need:
- 1 cup mixed frozen fruits
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
How to Prepare:
This frozen fruit smoothie recipe is super easy to make.
Best Blender For Smoothies With Frozen Fruit Buying Guide
Smoothies are a great way to start your day it boosts your energy and is quite a wholesome drink. But the secret to making a delicious smoothie lies in the blender. Whether youre a home chef, fitness enthusiast, or a parent, your kitchen demands to be equipped with a blender. I love popping up some frozen fruits in the blender and make a great smoothie to kickstart the day.
But not all kinds of blenders will give you that smooth thick consistency you like. So if you are looking for a blender that would serve you the perfect smoothie, you need a checklist. When you visit a store or an e-commerce site, you will feel confused with the array of blenders available. Here, I have listed down for you all the ticks and cross for buying the perfect blender. So, lets get you the perfect blender for making smoothies with frozen fruits!
Read More:Best smoothie blenders
Also Check: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Curl Smoothie
How To Make Fruit Smoothies:
Dont skip cleaning your blender right away A quick rinse as soon as youve poured your smoothie into glasses will save you lots of time later. Fruit and yogurt are notorious for sticking to the sides of your blender and making it difficult to clean.
Special Tip: You can find this how to guide, as well as measurements, and nutrition in the recipe card below.
Also Check: Garnier Fructis Curl Treat Smoothie
How To Make The Perfect Smoothie With The Consistency You Want
The smoothie thats right isnt necessarily the one thats perfect for your brother. Or your friend. Or the person across the street. Learning how to make the perfect smoothie with frozen fruit, or with any other ingredient, means making the smoothie that you think is perfect.
Still, there are some steps you need to follow no matter how you want your creation to turn out.
Dont Miss: Smoothies For Constipation And Bloating
Read Also: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
Why Youll Love This Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- It only takes 5 minutes to make this smoothie bowl.
- Packed with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and fiber.
- Perfect breakfast or snack that is sweet, energizing, and healthy.
- Tastes like a real chocolate cherry treat, but in a smoothie bowl form.
- A vegan and gluten-free smoothie bowl recipe.
- Plus, you can customize this smoothie bowl recipe, by adding your favorite toppings.
Can You Use Frozen Fruit In A Smoothie
You can easily use frozen fruit or vegetables in place of fresh ones. Recipes like Spinach-Avocado Smoothies and Strawberry-Pineapple Smoothie are nutritious, tasty and can help you achieve your health goals. This easy fruit smoothie with yogurt recipe calls for just three ingredientsyogurt, fruit juice and whatever frozen fruit you have on hand.
Also Check: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
Make A Thick And Creamy Smoothie With Frozen Fruit
Using frozen fruit is an easy way to make a rich, thick and creamy smoothie. By replacing the fresh fruit and ice cubes, the frozen fruit produces a wonderfully chilled smoothie thats flavorful to drink. Blend all your ingredients using 100% fruit juice. For a creamier flavor, use regular milk or a plant-based non-dairy milk substitute.
Bonus: For a healthy and more wholesome smoothie, add in some frozen veggies, like:
- Frozen Chopped or Whole Spinach
- Frozen Kale
How To Make Your Smoothies Taste Better
If youre using too many leafy greens, smoothies can end up tasting too bitter.
Sweet fruits like bananas, pineapples, mango can add lots of natural sweetness to your smoothies.
I especially like bananas and mango , they make almost every smoothie taste better.
Strawberries and oranges can also be a great choice for masking bitter flavors.
If youre just starting with smoothies, you can add honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup to make smoothies taste like a dessert.
Once youre more experienced, you can reduce the amount of sugar in your smoothies and add more leafy greens or other veggies.
The less sugar , the more natural ingredients youll use, the healthier your smoothie will be.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Box Office
How To Make A Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are a big food trend on Instagramand for good reason. Theyre as beautiful as they are delicious. Who could resist an edible artists canvas?
Heres how to make a smoothie bowl that will earn oodles of likes:
- Blend the easy smoothie recipe as directed above, following the thicker smoothie instructions. Pour into a bowl instead of a glass.
Now that youre well-versed on how to make a smoothie at home, you can BYOB for a new healthy snack or meal replacement any day of the week.
Recommended Reading: Whats In A Banana Smoothie
Tips For Making A Super Creamy Smoothie
You May Like: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Youre probably aware that eating a diet rich in fruits and veggies is good for you. Smoothies are an easy way to incorporate more of the good stuff into your diet.
I love using frozen fruits in my smoothies. It saves me a lot of time and makes smoothies even more refreshing and delicious!
A little down below youll find my favorite frozen fruit smoothie recipes. But before well get to the recipes, here are a few tips on why and how to make frozen fruit smoothies
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
This is why I love to make smoothies, all you have to do is put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Thats it. You might have to make minor adjustments to accommodate the thickness of the frozen smoothie.
This is a thick smoothie, so feel free to add more milk or water to make it thinner if necessary. Also because it is so thick, some blenders may have hard time, if this is the case try leaving out the ice and/or adding some liquid. I use a BlendTec Blender, which works great and can handle almost everything I throw at it. For a less expensive option, I highly recommend this KitchenAid Blender.
You May Like: Mango Pineapple Smoothie Mcdonalds Calories Large
How To Make A Thick Smoothie Bowl Without Frozen Fruit
Cover and blend until nice and smooth.Donât use any milk or liquid.Frozen berry smoothie bowl topped with extra frozen fruit and a light.Frozen fruit creates a thick consistency.
Frozen fruit gives your bowls a nice thick.How to make a smoothie bowl.How to make a thick smoothie bowl.However, you can also use bananas, mangoes, melons, and papaya.
I love smoothie bowls because they are so versatile and easy to adapt to your personal taste.the main components you need for a healthy bowl are:I worked with iherb to make these recipes for you guys and you can check out the products i used in the description box of the video .If my smoothie is not super thick , i will add in a.If you choose to use fresh fruit, your smoothie will be thin and runny.
Ingredients to make smoothie bowls.It adds sweetness to the smoothie bowl recipe while keeping the consistency thickâ¦Luckily, there are a few different tactics you can use to create a thick and creamy smoothie bowl every time.My thick smoothie bowl secret hint s:
Oftentimes, the texture turns out similar to soft serve ice cream.One simple way to ensure your smoothie bowl is thick is to use frozen.Place all the ingredients in a high power blender and blend until smooth.Place the milk, berries and sugar in a blender
The other way to make a smoothie bowl thick is by using frozen fruit.Use a food processor, not a blender.Use about one cup per recipe.Use only frozen fruits & vegetables.
Icon / Save Heart / Empty
- In this Creamy Fruit Smoothie, dry milk adds texture and protein without fat or a lot of calories. Try this easy concoction with your favorite fruit: strawberries, blackberries, bananas, kiwifruit, peaches or cherries, for example. A healthy alternative to the traditional milk shake.
Recommended Reading: Is There A Keto Smoothie
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Seating
How To Make A Smoothie Less Bitter:
- Pineapple and oranges both add lots of fruity sweetness. Banana, in addition to being sweet, seems to neutralize bitter flavors. Strawberries are also good choices for green smoothies. Also try adding a bit of vanilla bean or vanilla extract, agave, cacao, or unsweetened cocoa powder. Flavored protein powders will also mask the taste of bitter greens. After adding these ingredients, work your machine back up to its highest speed, and process for 10-20 seconds.
- Tip: Baby greens are generally milder than mature greens. Tastes do change and adapt to new eating habits. Try working up to bitter greens by combining small amounts of them with the spinach in your smoothie. Then gradually adjust the ratio as your taste buds adapt. Chalky taste: Add more fruit and/or other ingredients in the recipe. Work your machine back up to its highest speed, and process for 10-20 seconds. Adding more protein powder can give you too much of a good thing use amounts recommended on the label.
Tips For A Delicious Cherry Smoothie
- I like to use plain Greek yogurt to make this smoothie extra thick and creamy. If you wanted to keep this cherry smoothie vegan, you can replace that with almond milk yogurt.
- If you want to add protein powder to this recipe, blend the protein powder with the cherry juice before adding the rest of the ingredients. That will help blend the protein powder smoothly.
- To turn this recipe into a thick smoothie bowl, reduce the amount of cherry juice or freeze the cherry juice in an ice cube tray before blending.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating View