Scrub Yourself Clean Green Smoothie
This is one of my favorite recipes for a detox smoothie flush. Not only does it taste really delicious, but it also helps boost your metabolism, too!
Broccoli is an extremely healthy vegetable, often referred to as a super veggie. Its high in many nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, potassium and iron. Broccoli also contains more protein than most other vegetables, which gives you an extra metabolic boost .
This green smoothie detox recipe is great for someone whos new to smoothie recipes for weight loss. The flavors are mild, and the nutrition is high.
How To Make This Detox Spinach Green Smoothie
Now that we know all about the health benefits of this smoothie, its time to make it. And making it is super simple, but you will need a blender, or stick blender to blend the ingredients.
Start by peeling the bananas and the apple, then slice them up and add to the blender. If you want more nutrients, leave the skin on the apple, but it may result in a smoothie that is not fully smooth if your blender is not very powerful.
Then, to the blender add washed baby spinach and the juice of 1 lemon. Add about 1 cups worth of water, or as needed, depending on how thick or thin you like your smoothie start with less water, and add it as it blends, until the smoothie is of a consistency you like.
Close down your blender and blend away!
I dont have a Vitamix, so I just blend it on full power until I no longer see chunks of spinach or apples in the smoothie.
Purple Passion Green Smoothie
This Purple Passion Green Smoothie recipe is a spinach smoothie recipe thats full of antioxidants thanks to the strawberries and blueberries. The flavors all blend perfectly into a really delicious, mellow, creamy weight loss smoothie thats also got a fun purple color.
Strawberries are packed full of vitamin C, naturally increasing metabolism. They are also a natural anti-inflammatory, making them perfect for enjoying after a workout, reducing muscle soreness, opening up breathing passages and reducing bloat .
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Green Machine Smoothie
Spinach Banana Smoothie Ingredients & Substitutions
- Milk of ChoiceI prefer to use soy milk for a bit of added sweetness, creaminess, and protein. Really, you can use any milk you like! Dairy milk or nondairy milk will all work just as well in this recipe.
- SpinachThis nutrient-packed leafy green is a must for this recipe! Of course, if you want to change up your greens from time to time, you could replace the spinach with kale or even make an arugula smoothie.
- Banana, frozenA frozen banana adds an extra layer of cool creaminess to this green smoothie recipe. Youre welcome to use a fresh banana, or substitute with another sweet tropical fruit like kiwi, pineapple, or mango.
- Yogurt of choiceI like to use Greek yogurt for creaminess, and it adds over 10g of protein to this smoothie! You can also use regular yogurt or the nondairy yogurt of your choice to keep this spinach banana smoothie vegan.
Tips For Making This Blueberry Spinach Smoothie Extra Awesome
- Blend it in stages. Especially if you dont have a high-speed blender. Blending the spinach, yogurt and milk first will puree the spinach to be sure you dont have any leafy bits in your smoothie.
- Make it vegan and/or Paleo by making it dairy-free .
- Adjust the sweetness to fit your personal preference. If you like your smoothies sweeter, add an extra banana to the blend. If you like them less sweet, reduce to 1/2 a banana or skip it all together in this blueberry spinach smoothie.
Recommended Reading: High Fiber Low Sugar Smoothie
So How Do You Prepare A Spinach Smoothie
When preparing spinach smoothie recipes, as in the case in most other greens, feel free to experiment and include a wide variety of other fruits and veggies.
The great thing about spinach is that its mild tasting, so its a perfect starter green for green smoothies. Even the most picky eaters wont mind a few leaves of spinach in their fruit smoothie .
Generally speaking, Vitamix or Blendtec blenders will do a great job with any type of greens, including the tougher greens such as kale, collard greens, or celery tops. These smoothie makers will give you smoother liquid, compared with other blenders.
However, even if you have an inexpensive blender you can make spinach smoothies without worrying about rough texture spinach is soft enough, so most blenders will handle spinach well.
First, when buying fresh spinach it should be dark green and free from any evidence of decay. Choose spinach that has vibrant deep green leaves and stems with no signs of yellowing. The leaves should look fresh and tender, and not be wilted or bruised. Avoid those that have a slimy coating as this is a sign of decay. Slightly wilted spinach can be revived to freshness by dipping it in cold water.
Do not wash spinach before storing as the exposure to water encourages spoilage. Place spinach in a plastic storage bag and wrap the bag tightly around the spinach, squeezing out as much of the air as possible. Place in refrigerator where it will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
Easy Spinach Banana Yogurt Smoothie
How to Make a Green Smoothie with Spinach, Banana, Yogurt & Milk
Try this creamy, easy spinach banana smoothie that you can make with only 4 ingredients! Deliciously simple, naturally sweet, and loaded with nourishing green goodness. Learn how to make a green smoothie with spinach, banana, yogurt, and milk. Vegan-friendly and no sweeteners needed! And, easy to customize with berries, nut butter, or any additions you like.
Healthy smoothies dont need to be complicated, and you dont need tons of ingredients. You can turn just about any classic fruit smoothie into a vegetable smoothie by adding a heaping serving of spinach! This spinach and banana smoothie does just that: combines a frozen banana with plenty of superfood spinach, plus milk and yogurt for creaminess.
If you want to keep this spinach banana smoothie vegan, simply use the non-dairy milk and non-dairy yogurt of your choice. And, if you want to add other fun fruits, nuts, or nut butter, go for it! This recipe is meant to be as simple as possible, yet still totally tasty with just 4 ingredients. Use this as a base recipe and jazz it up however you like!
Read Also: Nuk Smoothie And Baby Food Maker
What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Green Smoothies
Green smoothies pack a punch when it comes to nutrition in the morning. Well, they are really amazing all day long, but I find that if I eat well in the morning, I eat well the rest of the day. Here are just a few benefits of drinking green smoothies:
- Green smoothies are powerhouses for nutritional benefits, they can help you get your fruits and veggies in for the day which can help lead to natural weight loss and a healthier metabolism.
- Did you know that the American Cancer Society recommends you have a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day! This helps to prevent cancer and other diseases. Drinking a green smoothie is an easy and yummy way to increase your fruits and veggie servings.
- Green smoothies are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and other nutrients which leads to a healthier you in so many ways. Because you are using the whole fruit/vegetable, unlike juicing, you get the benefits of the entire fruit/vegetable including the fiber and the full nutritional value which can lead towards better bodily absorption of nutrients which can lead to more energy.
- Green smoothies taste better and are easier to consume then salads for most people.
- All these good fruits and vegetables help to support your immune system.
- And sooooo much more!
Savory Green And Protein Smoothie
Made with tomatoes and spinach, this smoothie almost tastes like homemade V8 with added herbs like rosemary for anticancer properties and basil for antiviral benefits. Kaefer CM and Milner JA. . Chapter 17: Herbs and spices in cancer prevention and treatment. Herbal medicine: Biomolecular and clinical aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press/Taylor & Francis. Plus, the Greek yogurt gives the mixture protein so you get satisfying staying power from your liquid meal.
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
Avocado Detox Smoothie Recipe
When it comes to healthy foods, avocados are among the top super foods. Avocados are full of healthy nutrients, including Vitamins B, C, K. folate, potassium, and more.
For more information about my green smoothie cleanse and green smoothie recipes, check out my Green Smoothie Recipes article.
Studies have shown that avocados can help improve cardiovascular health, relieve joint inflammation, promote eye health, strengthen bones, and even help with weight loss.
An avocado smoothie provides the health benefits of avocados while hiding the taste of the avocado a little.
Strawberry Spinach Smoothie Recipe Variations
- Orange Strawberry Spinach Smoothie. Add the zest of 1 orange or swap the almond milk for freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Strawberry Spinach Protein Smoothie. Add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder or an unflavored protein powder.
- Strawberry Kale Smoothie. Swap the spinach for stemmed, chopped kale. Id also recommend adding a bit of extra pineapple to cover kales stronger flavor.
Recommended Reading: High Calorie Smoothies Without Protein Powder
Spinach Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
If youre looking for a filling smoothie that will get you through the morning or afternoon, this combination is a great choice.Theres plenty of fiber and protein included so its perfect for breakfast or to stop snacking later on in the day. The creamy, nutty taste and texture also makes a delicious dessert style smoothie too.
Servings: 1 smoothie
- Juice from ½ lime or lemon
- Yield: This recipe makes 2 servings, 8 ounces each.
- Storage: Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours .
- Customize: Change this smoothie as you see fit, keeping the proportions of liquids and solids. Use a different frozen fruit, change your greens to kale or Swiss chard, or add a spoonful of ground flax, protein powder, or hemp seeds.
- High-powered blender: For the smoothest results, use a high-powered blender. The two major players are Blendtec and Vitamix, and both are great .
Stay hydrated with these 8 Infused Water recipes! Inspired by The Flavor Bible, these fruit and herb combinations will encourage you to drink more water. Unless you woke up thirsty at 2:00 a.m. after a
Enjoy Your Healthy Drink
A smoothie is a great way to make a quick nutritious snack or meal and is perfect for gamers, especially due to its portability and speedy make speed. The SUPER spinach smoothie is about as healthy as you can eat, filled with many vitamins and minerals we need to be healthy.
If it works in Ring Fit Adventure, it can work in real life too. Right?
What kind of smoothies do you like?
Don’t Miss: Great Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Very Berry Spinach Smoothie
Now that the holidays have come and gone, I thought it would be a great idea to give you one of my favorite slim-down smoothie recipes. Loaded with fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas and spinach plus Greek yogurt and soy milk to create a creamy thickness this smoothie is the perfect healthy recipe to get you through the last few winter months.
Not only are smoothies healthy and the best compliment to any diet or exercise routine, but they are also great immunity boosters. My very berry spinach smoothie is packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and protein.
So start your day strong and grab a healthier alternative for your midday snack! The combination of sweet berries and spinach makes this refreshing smoothie the perfect snack or meal alternative, and it takes less time to make than a sandwich! Pour your ingredients into the blender, and have your smoothie ready in just 60 seconds.
What About The Other Ingredients
The same goes for pineapple. I have made this smoothie with frozen pineapple as well as fresh pineapple. With fresh pineapple, sometimes, you will have to add in more maple syrup if the pineapple is not very ripe and sweet.
As I am lactose intolerant, I like to use almond milk or coconut milk in my smoothies. You could also use oat milk or pistachio milk if you prefer.
As for additions, sometimes I add collagen peptides to this smoothie. Other times, I add in a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
If you want this smoothie more on the thick side, use frozen pineapple or add in a few ice cubes.
If you happen to want to amp up the fruit content of this smoothie, in addition to the pineapple, you can also add in some frozen mango chunks and frozen banana slices. Just a 1/4 cup of each should be enough. You might have to add in a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk, so everything mixes smoothly.
Also Check: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Joplin Mo
Do You Have To Use Greens Or Vegetables In Your Smoothie For It To Be Considered Healthy
No. Some people find it unpleasant to drink raw greens or veggies. Thats fine everyone has their preferences.
If you prefer fruit smoothies, drink fruit smoothies. The absence of greens does not mean that fruit smoothies are less healthy.
As long as youre getting your 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day, feel free to drink any smoothie youd like.
Also Check: Are Fruit Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
Should You Boil Spinach For Your Smoothie
You may do so.
However, it is not necessary since processing the leaves into a smoothie already produces an edible and ready-to-drink beverage.
Besides, studies have found out that boiling spinach will leach the important nutrients through water. Instead, steam the spinach until theyre slightly tender enough for the blender to process them efficiently.
Also Check: Uber Eats Tropical Smoothie Cafe
What I Love About This Spinach Smoothie:
- Fast you can literally have this ready to go in under 5 minutes! I always keep spinach in the refrigerator and frozen fruit in the freezer, making this healthy smoothie that fastest breakfast to throw together.
- Healthy. I love spinach because its low calorie and packed fiber and minerals. I also love adding flaxseed and chia seed for even more protein and fiber.
- Customizable change it up by adding different greens, different fruit or even throwing in some peanut butter or rolled oats! See more variation ideas below.
Peach Banana Spinach Smoothie
Peaches provide juicy sweetness to this smoothie without adding refined sugars, but whats even sweeter is that whether youre using canned, frozen, or fresh, peaches come with polyphenols that have been shown to fight cancer cells. Noratto G, et al. . Identifying peach and plum polyphenols with chemopreventive potential against estrogen-independent breast cancer cells. DOI: 10.1021/jf900259m
With banana in the mix, too, the fruit easily overpowers the spinach so feel free to throw in an extra-large handful of the greens!
Recommended Reading: Smoothies At Home Weight Loss
Adding Spinach To Smoothies
I often hear concerns from those who are new to green smoothies about if you can taste the spinach in smoothies.
- You CANNOT taste spinach in smoothies, as long as you add other naturally sweet ingredients. Pineapple and banana are especially effective at disguising the taste of spinach.
- Spinach should be added to smoothies raw. You can add it right from the refrigerator or add frozen spinach. Have a carton of spinach in your fridge about to go bad? Freeze it in a ziptop bag now, then add it to your smoothie later.
- You can add spinach to smoothies even when the recipe doesnt call for them. Because you cant taste the spinach in smoothies in moderate quantities, it wont alter the flavor of the smoothie and will make it even more healthy for you!
How To Use Spinach In A Smoothie: All Your Questions Answered
This is a complete guide on how to use spinach in a smoothie, whether to use fresh or frozen spinach, how much, how to measure it, is raw spinach safe, can you taste it?
So you think you know everything there is to know about how to use spinach in a smoothie?
Why, of course!
Most people think they only need to throw the leafy greens into a blender, press the button, and let the appliance do its thing.
But the truth is, theres a lot that goes into making a green smoothie than what you were taught.
Its like expectation versus reality what you expect to be the result doesnt always turn out to be the same as what youve imagined.
Ive heard horror stories from friends who would complain about not achieving their desired consistency.
Some would be disappointed having made a watered-down version of the smoothie, while still many others would cringe upon taking a single sipeither because its still bitter or it has chunks of stringy veggies floating on the surface.
FREESMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Green smoothies are supposed to make things easier, but a few mistakes here and there can make them appear otherwise.
I know where all of these are coming from, and I think I have the solutions.
You May Like: Best Green Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Health Benefits Spinach Banana Smoothie
Bananas and spinach contain a lot of fiber. My favorite feature of fiber rich food is that it makes you feel full for longer .
You wont get so hungry so quickly again, which helps you to snack less on whatever it was you promised you wouldnt.
The smoothie is also great after a workout. With the 16g of proteins from the spinach and peanut butter an 80kg person already takes in more than 20% of the daily recommendation essential for keeping fit and strong .
To top it all of you get a load of iron and potassium. Potassium helps the fight against increased blood pressure and stops muscle weakness and iron keeps you vital .