Why You’re Going To Love This Banana Milkshake
There’s only three ingredients in this banana milkshake, it’s smooth, creamy and perfectly in every way.
You can use chocolate or vanilla ice cream as the base. If you do use chocolate, then you’re making a chocolate banana milkshake.
You can make this banana milkshake recipe as thick or thin as you like. Easy-peasy.
For another recipe using bananas, try this banana pudding ice cream.
Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt Recipe
Banana and milk are rich source of calcium and smoothie prepared with them can provide the majority of bodys daily need of calcium in single go. Banana smoothie without yogurt is a nutritious and calcium rich drink prepared by using just three ingredients, banana, milk and honey. This recipe carefully avoids the use of ice as well as ice cream to make it suitable for kids. However, if you are not making it for kids, then you can add ice in its preparation.
|A pinch of Cardamom Powder or 2-3 Saffron strands, optional
- Do not add ice cubes, sugar or ice cream while preparing it for toddlers.
- Add a pinch of mace powder instead of cardamom powder for variation.
- Use of cardamom powder /saffron is optional, you can avoid it if you want to.
- Adjust the quantity of milk to make it thick or thin accordingly.
Taste: Sweet and smoothServing Ideas: The absence of ice, yogurt and ice cream in this smoothie makes it suitable to be served in the breakfast as healthy drink. However nothing can stop you from having anytime you like it.
How Long Is Ice Cream Good In The Freezer
Ice cream stays good for 2-3 months if unopened. Once it’s open, it lasts for 3-4 weeks. If you see ice crystals on top, it’s best to discard it.
More Milkshake Recipes:
Peanut Butter Milkshake – A simple recipe for a Peanut Butter Milkshake that is perfect for anyone who loves peanut butter treats or peanut butter ice cream. This peanut butter milkshake recipe is easy to make and uses minimal ingredients.
Nutella Milkshake – You can make this Nutella Milkshake with vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream.
Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake – A simple recipe for a mint chocolate chip milkshake that is perfect for anyone who loves mint and chocolate together. This mint chocolate chip milkshake recipe is easy to make and uses minimal ingredients.
Cookies and Cream Milkshake – A super simple recipe for a cookies and cream milkshake that’s just as good as any ice cream shop milkshake. This recipe uses sweet vanilla ice cream, chocolate cookies, and a touch of milk for the perfect cookies and cream milkshake.
If you’re looking for more milkshake ideas, you can turn any of these Cuisinart ice cream recipes into a milkshake. Some of our favorites are:
Apple Pie Ice Cream – Make this sweetly spiced Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe, featuring fresh, caramelized apples and chewy yet crunchy snickerdoodle cookies. This Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe is naturally nut-free and you can use gluten free cookies, to make it gluten free.
Things we love for making milkshakes:
You May Like: Apple Smoothie For Weight Loss
Are Banana Smoothies Good For You
Banana smoothies can be good for you as long as you use healthy ingredients! This recipe contains bananas, milk, vanilla, ice and a bit of sugar. Sugar is optional though. If your bananas are ripe enough, they will provide enough sweetness for your smoothie which will make a very healthy banana smoothie recipe!
The sugar in this recipe is used to sweeten and deepen the banana flavor. But it is not necessary if you prefer to leave it out.
The point is, you can always modify this recipe to meet your dietary needs, just know that the overall taste and texture will be a bit different if you do so.
Are you ready for this smoothie recipe? Ok. Lets do this!
Video Result For Strawberry Keto Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry Avocado Keto Smoothie Recipe With Almond
KETO BREAKFAST RECIPES Strawberry Avocado Keto
Low carb STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE recipe/keto smoothie for
Strawberry Avocado Smoothie/Keto Diet Recipe 4
KETO STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CARAMEL SHAKE/SMOOTHIE
KETO STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
Strawberry Chia Smoothie | Keto | Low Carb
4 EASY KETO LOW CARB SMOOTHIES! Strawberry Banana,
Keto strawberry banana smoothie Low Carb
High Protein Keto Strawberry Smoothie Super Thick &
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe | Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Keto smoothie Recipe| Delicious blueberry strawberry
Keto Strawberry Detox Smoothie | Tastes Delicious! |
Keto Strawberry Shake | Only 4 Ingredients!
Strawberry Matcha Smoothie | Keto-friendly, Vegan,
Strawberry Cream Cheese Smoothie With Chia Seeds |
My Keto Smoothie Recipe
3 Keto Shake Recipes Chocolate, Peanut Butter &
5 Low Carb Smoothie Recipes | Easy Keto Smoothies
Keto chocolate strawberry smoothie
STRAWBERRY AVOCADO KETO SMOOTHIE RECIPE #SHORTS
Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie | Keto Friendly | Recipe
Keto Raspberry Smoothie Recipe | Easy Low Carb 3
Low Carb Keto Strawberry Smoothie Homemade
Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Recipe With Only 4
Keto Strawberry Smoothie Yogurt |Keto & Low carb
3 Keto Smoothie BlendJet Recipes with Fit2Fat2Fits
Korean Strawberry Milk Dairy Free, Keto, Sugar Free,
Chocolate Raspberry Keto Smoothie Recipe (2g Net Carbs
Crunchy Chicken Salad & Strawberry Smoothie
Also Check: How To Make A Superfood Smoothie
More Healthy Protein Shake Recipes
Oh if you dont already have protein powder, one very important thing to consider when picking a flavor and a brand is the TASTE. Not all protein powders are created equal. Dustin and I describe some as too proteiny, meaning they taste artificial, like chemicals and, well, bad. But THIS protein brand is excellent!
Also Check: King Center Box Office Hours
How To Make An Ice Cream Banana Smoothie
This recipe is for a banana smoothie with ice, but you can add ice cream to make it more like a banana split. Simply add 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream to the blender. You may need to add more milk or ice cubes if your smoothie is too thick.
You can top it with caramel syrup and whipped cream for a delicious dessert. My family loves this in the summer.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Virtual Seating Chart
How Long Does Banana Smoothie Last
Theoretically, it will last for up to 5 days in the fridge, but it will turn brown due to oxidation and become rather unappealing. If you keep it in the freezer, however, it will last for up to 3 months and wont discolor as much.
We recommend that you store each portion in individual containers, for easier thawing. If your freezer lacks space, use Ziploc bags instead of large containers.
Recipe Notes And Faqs
- Using fresh or frozen banana: you can use whichever you prefer. The fresh banana creates a banana shake that is silky, smooth, and creamy. Frozen banana is creamy too, but also wonderfully thick and a great way to feel like youre drinking a shake with ice cream but in a healthier way.
- Avoid ice: to avoid a watered-down milkshake. Instead, use frozen fruit and/or chill the glass for several minutes before serving. All ice will do is make a super watered-down banana shake in no time at all.
- Sugarfree banana shake: if your bananas are sweet enough, you may find that you dont need any additional sweetener. So, I recommend starting by blending just the banana and milk, tasting, and adjusting.
Read Also: Smoothie King Peanut Power Plus
How To Make Ultra Satisfying And Nutrient
My favorite thing about smoothies is that you can adapt based on what you love. In this case, we took a basic blueberry banana smoothie and added lots of extra nutrition with hydrating cucumber, iron-rich greens and anti-inflammatory ginger. For even more sticking power, we throw in omega-rich hemp seeds and cacao nibs.
Lets dive into what makes this smoothie great:
- Blueberries are high in fiber, low in sugar and are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. You can use fresh or frozen berries. The only downside to fresh is that they have quite a bit of pectin. There isnt anything wrong with that, but when fresh blueberries are blended, the smoothie becomes thick and jello-like over time. This isnt a problem with frozen blueberries, so if you have frozen, use them.
- Banana adds creaminess, but it doesnt stop there. They are a nutritional powerhouse packed with heart-healthy potassium, vitamin B6 and fiber.
- Cucumber, spinach and fresh ginger are rich in many essential vitamins and minerals and work wonders in reducing inflammation. Theyre also great for healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Hemp Seeds and cacao nibs add a bit of protein and lots of omega fatty acids. The hemp seeds blend in and make the smoothie extra creamy while the cacao nibs add a little bit of dark chocolate flavor. If you dont have cacao nibs, try a teaspoon of cocoa powder or just leave them out.
You May Also Enjoy These Smoothie and Juice Recipes:
How To Peel A Banana
Although it seems quite intuitive, there are many ways to peel a banana.
The basic method is to tear the skin at either of the ends and peel away. Choosing which end to start with depends solely on your preference some prefer the stalk, others the bottom end.
Some bananas are tough to peel, so simply cut them in half and theyll virtually peel themselves.
If youre thinking of using a vegetable peeler, its not going to be of much assistance here.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Berry Smoothie For Weight Loss
More Of Our Favorite Smoothies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake for Kids This healthy whole food chocolate peanut butter protein shake offers a boost of protein for your kids without any protein powders! Great for kids who have a hard time eating other high protein foods.
- Homemade Chocolate Milk Kids love this creamy, fruit-sweetened remake of chocolate milk that tastesmagically!just like the store-bought kind.
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Protein Shake This thick and creamy Dairy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake is great to refuel your kids after a long day at school, sports game or even in addition to a meal for those kids who have a dairy sensitivity or allergy.
How To Freeze Bananas
When you find yourself with more ripe bananas than you can eat, freeze them and youll have frozen bananas ready whenever you want to make a smoothie.
- To freeze bananas, start by peeling the bananas and slicing them into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Place the sliced bananas in a zip-top baggie and squeeze out any excess air. Or, freeze in another airtight container.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours and up to 1 month, then add the frozen bananas to your favorite smoothie recipes.
- The bananas may stick together a little as they freeze, but you can easily separate any big clumps. Its ok if a few banana slices are stuck together when you put them in your blender.
- To prevent bananas from sticking together you can first flash freeze the banana slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and then transfer them to an airtight container. I usually dont bother with this extra step.
You May Like: Fuel For Fire Protein Smoothie
Banana Smoothie With Ice
Last Updated on July 23, 2022 by Ellen Christian
This banana smoothie with ice is my favorite way to make a banana smoothie without milk. Try this easy recipe for my favorite refreshing drink.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Are The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange.
Try to buy organic strawberries, if possible. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. I like to buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries for our smoothies.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body digests the sugar in a banana more slowly than refined sugars, so you get lasting energy, rather than a sugar rush and crash. Naturally-sweet bananas are a healthy way to satisfy your craving for sugar. When youre craving a sweet frozen treat, this strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious option!
Are you ready to make your best strawberry banana smoothie? Lets do it!
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
More Smoothie Recipes You Will Love
- Easy Strawberry Cream Smoothie
- Vitamin C Immunity Smoothie
- Blueberry Protein Smoothie
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to !
Please visit us on , and for more of our favorite recipes that you will love!
Also Check: Vegan Protein Smoothie No Powder
Benefits Of Banana Smoothie
Although this fruit smoothie is sweet, it contains plenty of micronutrients and a fair amount of fiber. One banana gives you vitamin C, riboflavin, folate, niacin, copper, potassium, and more, with amounts varying from 5 to 12% of the recommended daily value.
With Greek yogurt and chopped almonds included, our banana smoothie is also packed with loads of healthy fats.
Still, as our smoothie contains about 9 grams of added sugar , you shouldnt have more than 3 servings per day. If youre going to have other sweet desserts or snacks within the day, check out our guidelines to understand how much sugar you should consume.
Personalizing The Smoothie Recipe
A banana smoothie with yogurt is the perfect base if youre someone who loves a protein shake in the morning. Add the required amount of protein powder to this smoothie recipe, and it should work out pretty well. You may need to alter the amount of milk if it is too thick or too runny.
You can always add more fruits into this smoothie for more flavor. Its also a great way to add a bit of color to the drink. Personally, I love this drink without any changes.
Another option is to add something like flaxseeds or chia seeds for a bit more flavor and help increase the nutrition of the smoothie. If you want to add either one of these, I would recommend adding about two teaspoons of whichever you decide to use.
I have a few more suggestions on what you can do with this smoothie further down the page that I highly recommend that you check out.
Don’t Miss: The Smoothie Diet 21 Day Program
Are Banana Smoothies Healthy
An easy rule of thumb: the healthier your individual ingredients are, the healthier your smoothie recipe is overall.
Bananas themselves are sweet, so combine them with these naturally complementary ingredients to create a healthy banana smoothie thats loaded with nutritional value:
- Greek yogurt: This tart yogurt goes well with the sweetness of bananas, and doesnt have as much added sugar as other types of yogurt.
- Avocado: Avocados have a more subtle flavor that will let your bananas sweetness shine through. Use this ingredient if you like extra creamy smoothies.
- Non-dairy beverages: Plain, unsweetened almond milk or soymilk are great for those who are lactose intolerant, vegan, or looking for an option that packs less calories and fat than regular milk. Vanilla-flavored milks pair particularly well, but they do have more added sugars.
- Nut butters: Natural butters made from peanut, almond, or other types of nuts can add more healthy fats without added sugars to your smoothie.
- Oats: This high-fiber, high-protein ingredient doesnt clash with the flavor of banana and will help make your beverage more filling.
Ingredients For The Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberries You can buy a bag of frozen strawberries or use fresh berries.
Bananas Overripe bananas work great in smoothies when you want a sweeter flavour. You can use fresh or frozen bananas, I usually slice and freeze any overripe bananas to use for smoothies, I like that they add a lot of creaminess and a thick consistency.
Coconut Milk Canned coconut milk makes for a richer smoothie with just a hint of coconut flavour, and helps makes it more filling. You can swap for any milk of your choice, but coconut milk is our family favourite choice. Another option is to use yogurt and then thin out your smoothie as desired with a milk of your
Don’t Miss: Smoothie Bowls For Weight Loss