How Do You Make A Smoothie Thicker Without Yogurt
Here are five tips and tricks for making a smoothie thicker.
Bowl Recipe Of Smoothie
The bowl recipe is amazing as it contains healthy ingredients. The combination of flavourful fruits and nut, oat is unique and the best. If your child does not eat in the morning, try this one of the great bowl recipes. It is great to eat at breakfast or dinner.
In summer, every fruit is easily available. And, hence you can make whatever you want. Everyone will love it due to its delicious taste. We all want that our family eats or drink healthy food. So, here you will know about the healthier recipe.
It includes simple ingredients, including fresh strawberries and bananas. The banana should be ripe otherwise, the taste becomes no best. It is the best solution for our everyday hectic and tough schedule routines. The best way to make it at home is to save some of the fruits for the topping of the bowl. This tip will give a unique look to it.
This American cuisine will need only five minutes for the preparation. It has 388kcal, and you will serve one person with the following measurements.
- Strawberries of 1 cup
- One banana
- Half cup of almond milk
- Two tablespoons of oats
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds
- Put all of the above items in the blender and then blend. Every person has a different desire for consistency. So, you can also add more almond milk if you desire.
- After that, pour the smoothie into the bowl. Then, top it with a small amount of all the above items. It looks beautiful and yummier. Serve instantly and enjoy!
Tip For Blending A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Add your milk to the blender first.
This will help make sure the blender works the best that it can, and has easy access to the liquid of the recipe.
If you do not have a high speed blender, you may need to add more milk to make it not as thick so that the blender can handle mixing the smoothie up.
If you dont care about thickness, you can make this more easily by splashing in some extra milk to help the blender out.
Its really whatever works for you!
You May Like: What To Use To Make A Healthy Smoothie
Why We Love This Smoothie
- Balanced: The smoothie contains all four food groups, which makes it a great balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast or snack option. Its very filling so it can serve as a meal all in itself.
- Quick and easy: If youre looking for a quick breakfast on the go, this smoothie will do the trick! It only consists of five simple ingredients , so you can blend it all up in just a few minutes and drink it before you head out the door or on the go.
- Kid-friendly: The vibrant pink colour makes this smoothie really fun, especially for kids! Its a tasty way to incorporate more fibre, protein, calcium and omega-3s into your familys day!
Vanilla And Monk Fruit
If you have the little nieces with you, this sweet vanilla strawberry flavor will be impossible to turn down. To make, you need 1 cup milk, 1 banana, 6 ounces vanilla, 2 tablespoon monk fruit extract, and 2 cups of frozen strawberries. The blend will have a rich, creamy texture and about 171 calories.
Also Check: Men’s Health Smoothie Recipes
Ninja Bn701 Total Crushing Countertop Blender
- 3 pre-programmed settings
- Removable blade assembly
If youre looking for a nice blender below a hundred bucks, Ninja Kitchen is a great place to start. The brand is focused on providing high-quality kitchen appliances while operating at a low price-point.
If its this particular model here, it has various amazing features that can be very helpful when making your strawberry smoothie. For instance, the total crushing pitcher has the stacked 6-blade system that the maker innovated for dealing with ice and frozen fruits. So, you dont need to further mash your icy materials as some regular blenders request.
Another thing, the countertop blender has a 1400-watt motor thats strong enough to handle your foods without a fail. The power base even has three preset programs for ice crush, ice cream, and a smoothie. So, you necessarily dont need to stand by the machine until it completes pulverizing the materials.
Smoothies Healthiest Or Not
It is a long debate about the healthy nature of smoothies. Some will say that it is not the healthiest. But, it is not true. Likewise fruits, the smoothies are also healthier. When you add sugar to them, you enhance the calories, which are not good for the diet.
Consequently, it is the best choice to make smoothies without using extra sugar or sweetener. In this recipe, we will use bananas with strawberries. The main reason is that banana is with natural sweetness. Hence, it makes your drink sweet and full of taste. There are no side effects of drinking smoothies regularly but make without sugar.
You May Like: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Can I Use Fresh Strawberries And/or Frozen Bananas
If you do use fresh strawberries, I would recommend using frozen banana chunks.
If you want to use all fresh fruit, you other option is to add ice, which I do not recommend. Why? It waters down the taste of the smoothie. So be sure and use at least some frozen fruit to get the best taste.
If you use frozen everything, it usually becomes too thick and tough to blend. When I have done this in the past, I end up adding more almond milk, which again, waters down the fruity taste. So I like and recommend using a combination of frozen and fresh fruit best.
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Dont use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, youre likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. So instead, use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana. If you only have frozen strawberries, let them thaw before using.
- Dont add any sugar. Its crazy that some recipes call for a sweetener with a full fruit smoothie. Mother nature has given us plenty of sweetness in the strawberries and banana so theres no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. Ive got recipes for both homemade yogurt and a dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can also use regular milk or my cashew milk or any healthy store-bought dairy-free milk or yogurt options as well.
- Dont add ice. Using a frozen banana in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesnt water it down. Adding ice to smoothies makes them watery pretty quickly.
Don’t Miss: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Sunrise Sunset Smoothie
Blueberry Banana Smoothie Variations
This is a simple blueberry banana smoothie, however you can make different variations of it.
Instead of just using blueberries, you may replace half the blueberries with another kind of berry like strawberries or raspberries.
Adding strawberries is very common, to make blueberry strawberry banana smoothie.
Also you can add fruits like peaches, mangoes etc!
Blueberry banana mango smoothie is also popular when mangoes are in season, and you can add one ripe mango that is peeled and sliced to make blueberry banana smoothie!
Though this smoothie is made without yogurt, you may also replace half of the milk with yogurt or greek yogurt to make it even more creamy and thick in texture, if you like!
So here is how you can make easy, quick and delicious blueberry banana smoothie without yogurt.
Fresh Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It is a great tasting simple smoothie that uses frozen fruits but with fresh lemon juice. Another amazing ingredient in it is rice milk. In the above recipes, we used almond milk or low-fat milk. But, here, we will use rice milk. The quality of this ingredient is that it gives a more fresh taste than all other ways. In addition to it, it is more energetic and tasty. There are seven ingredients used in it. It only needs six minutes for the quick making. The total calories are 150kcal.
- Rice milk of one cup
- Use frozen strawberries of one cup
- One cup of banana
- Fresh lemon juice of only two tablespoons
- Basil leaves and mint leaves of one tablespoon
- The instructions are easier that you will quickly understand them. You can use both kinds of blender, i.e., high-powered or low-powered. The only difference between these blenders is their time of making. The high-powered blender will give you quick results, and the low-powered will take a little bit of time.
- Combine all food items in the blender. The best way to blending is to start with low speed and then gradually increase speed.
- After blending, check its results. If you notice the texture is no smoother, then again blend. You can also use any tamper for the scraping down of sides of it.
- The resulting drink may become too thicker. Now, if you desire to make it a little thin, then add little milk to it. You will enjoy the best taste after instantly made it.
Also Check: Best Smoothie King For Weight Loss
Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie, changes the consistency from creamy to icy, and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit if its the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
Mango Lime Juice Orange Juice And Honey
If you feel you need to have a much heavier breakfast or pre-workout snack, this strawberry smoothie can be a great choice. You only need 1 mango, ½ cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 banana, 10 strawberries, and 3 ice cubes. The final blend will give you about 470 calories, with rich carbs and fiber to hold up longer in your belly.
Also Check: Best Water Bottle For Smoothies
Tips To Make The Best Strawberry Smoothie Without Banana
Make sure to good qulity fresh or strawberries and also fresh ingredients like good quality yogurt to make the drink.
Lassi tastes the best when its served immediately after preparation.
But if you need to serve the lassi later, make sure to transfer the lassi to jars and store refrigerated.
Also it is very important to use cold ingredients to make the lassi, like chilled yogurt, chilled water etc for the best results.
See all easy delicious drink recipes in this blog here.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is made with just three ingredients. You cant go wrong with this simple and delicious smoothie!
This strawberry banana smoothie could not be any simpler.
With easy ingredients and a blender, you can make this at home in just 5 minutes.
Kids and adults alike will love this smoothie recipe!
Strawberry and banana is such a classic favorite flavor combination, just like the favorite peanut butter banana smoothie is.
Also Check: Smoothies To Help Build Immune System
Ingredients In This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
Youll need just 4 simple ingredients to make this wonderful strawberry banana smoothie:
- Strawberries The star of the show! Fresh, ripe, sweet, and juicy strawberries are readily available in the spring and summer. However, this recipe totally works with frozen berries too (just make sure not to use a frozen banana if your using frozen strawberries or the smoothie will be too thick and hard to blend!
- Banana I recommend using a frozen one to naturally sweeten this smoothie. Be sure you freeze your banana without the peel!
- Greek yogurt Feel free to use any favorite yogurt. I prefer plain, Greek yogurt because its super-rich and packs a good punch of protein. Use coconut or almond-based yogurt to make this recipe dairy-free and vegan.
- Milk We like to use almond or cashew milk, but you can use any milk youd like. For a tropical twist, try coconut milk!
How To Make A Smoothie With Yogurt
- Step 1 Toss all of the ingredients into a high power blender and press start.
- Step 2 Blend until smooth and chunks are no longer present.
- Step 3 Taste. If you find its not sweet enough, you can add a bit of honey or maple syrup, although I found it was definitely sweet enough without it! The key is using an overripe banana to get that optimal sweetness.
Its that simple!
Also Check: Doordash Tropical Smoothie Promo Code
Vitamix A2500 Ascent Low
- Dedicated pulse function
- Multiple preset programs
If you would want to invest in the future of blending, the Vitamix A2500 is a favorable choice. Alongside the other three Ascent blenders, the engineers equipped the latest tech and features for a better kitchen experience.
The motor base packs a 2.2HP motor that processes both the tough and soft materials with no stress. It has a lovely dial that you can use to control the speed of the machine or activate various preset programs.
Still, the blender has the built-in wireless connectivity that allows the powerbase to detect the kind of container mounted. You can use different containers, including the newly-released food processor attachment and the single-serve cups without needing the bulky adapter.
Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients. Im definitely a smoothie lover as its so easy to toss a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and 30 seconds later have an amazing drink.
And with strawberries in abundance in the markets right now, it only makes sense to whip up this classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe. I can get fancy with smoothies and include chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds and other fun ingredients, but a simple, straightforward smoothie is just as delicious.
So think of this strawberry banana smoothie as your little black dress. Its a classic. Because whats not to love about fresh, seasonal strawberries, sweet bananas and creamy yogurt?
You May Like: Apple And Banana Smoothie Recipe
What Are The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange.
Try to buy organic strawberries, if possible. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. I like to buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries for our smoothies.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body digests the sugar in a banana more slowly than refined sugars, so you get lasting energy, rather than a sugar rush and crash. Naturally-sweet bananas are a healthy way to satisfy your craving for sugar. When youre craving a sweet frozen treat, this strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious option!
Are you ready to make your best strawberry banana smoothie? Lets do it!
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Would you like a healthy, balanced smoothie that tastes like a dessert? Here is my strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe that gives you just that. Its high in protein and vitamins, low in fat, and most carbs come from fresh fruit. The best thing is that its absolutely delightful. My kids love it. They say it tastes like melted fruit gelato. There is nothing better than starting a day with this healthy and nutritious drink.
I like to use a lot of strawberries in this smoothie. Strawberries are delicious on their own, and the extra berries really make this smoothie shine. I use two heaping cups of fresh strawberries per one cup of yogurt and one banana.
Plain Greek yogurt adds a bit of tartness. Adding two teaspoons of honey, maple syrup or white sugar will balance it out. If you like your smoothie even sweeter, add another teaspoon or two.
What blender you use to make this smoothie really matters. To liquefy the ingredients in this recipe you need a powerful blender, like the ever popular, super-duper Vitamix 5200 Series blender, which claims to spin the blades at 37,000 RPM at peak power.
If you have a standard blender, you may need to add half a cup of your favorite juice to achieve the desired consistency.
To make the smoothie a little thicker you can add a cup of ice cubes. Ice is also a welcome addition on hot summer days, making the smoothie very refreshing.
Don’t Miss: Smoothies To Make With Yogurt
How To Meal Prep Your Smoothies In Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.